Woke Military

JRT812
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2022 6:15pm
Article

Hoping things spin back the other way....unfortunately, this trend seems to be the new way of life.
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/22/2022 8:35am
This.

"I'm worried about the macro aggressions," he said. "Everything, when it comes to training, is an opportunity cost. Every hour, every day you're spending training on this stuff, you're not training on all the other things we need that I would argue would be a higher priority to fight and win wars."

I don't suppose the enemy gives one dead rat's ass if he offends your gentile sensibilities about your birthing person's fluid gender.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/22/2022 9:06am
Can't say mom or dad or boy or girl or husband or wife or Mr or Mrs or Mickey or Minny or cat in a hat or Mouse in a house or else. Disney princesses are dangerous role models and so offensive But "My big wet pussy" is the #1 song followed by "I did a drive by and killed your family at a picnic for kicks". Oops not allowed to mention that either. Drag shows for elementary schools are acceptable though of coarse. Make any of it make sense.
We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me which made people confident to live life not worrying about what others think of you to now feelings getting hurt over words and all the progress of humans are taken away by a bunch of weak minded people with hurt feelings.
It's why there is so many more suicides. The likes on Instagram, FB, TIC TOC etc are a big part. What people think of you is now all that matters and that why is we have taken huge steps backwards in evolving.
Example, two girl besties start an Instagram and one girl gets 100 likes and the other gets 1000. The one girl thinks something is wrong with herself and gets insecure and they are no longer friends. Jealousy and insecurities are created instantly and now its all about a number that sets your value and someone considered more "valuable" than you can destroy you more by words that may hinder your likes count. This is why it's so hard for kids to act normal these days. There is actually 100 times more bullies now then ever and they are the supposedly woke ones.
LoudLove
9/22/2022 9:16am
What’s crazy is, of all my chest-pounding, flag-waving friends, none of them have sons or daughters in the military, nor did any of them serve. Zero. Zip. Nada. They’ll rant about the academy’s “snowflake” training, but won’t get in the ring themselves.

“Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that all to the poor!”
TeamGreen
9/22/2022 9:18am
Got a kid I’ve helped along thru ROTC & on thru flight training…

This shit is actually happening.

Thankfully, there are plenty of young folk that are rolling their eyes at this shit and “getting thru it”.

The Shop

Wildeye511
9/22/2022 1:14pm
RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad I retired back in 2015. The Air Force was already leaning in a kinder, gentler way back then. I never knew it would get this stupid.
Chance1216
9/22/2022 4:27pm
I don’t understand why the world is getting so soft. All this inclusion, pussy bullshit. It honestly makes me thankful the way I grew up and, was raised. Sink or, swim mother fucker.
500 Mike
9/22/2022 4:52pm
I’m afraid all this BS is going to bite us in the ass sooner rather than later. Very sad situation.
JRT812
9/22/2022 6:03pm
500 Mike wrote:
I’m afraid all this BS is going to bite us in the ass sooner rather than later. Very sad situation.
It feels like sooner is what your money should be bet on
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
9/22/2022 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2022 7:15pm
I’m just over 20 years since boot camp(edit:1997), and it was supposedly starting then with “stress cards” or something. I remember our RDC’s saying if anyone in our division tried to use that card, we’d really wish we hadn’t. Nobody did.
I don’t ever remember seeing one, or even know if they were real.

My son went through AF boot camp a few months ago and he had a couple instructors get pulled for things they said perceived to be sexist toward the women in the division. For the most part, it sounds like his experience wasn’t that much different than my navy training. He was only allowed to call me once after a couple weeks, and he cried for 5 minutes of the 7 minute call. So it’s not a total cake walk yet.

I can’t speak on the academy’s though. I could totally see that being a much different story.
SEEMEFIRST
9/22/2022 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2022 8:43pm
My Marine, N'daih, says none of that shit is happening in his unit.
And no, he never misses leg day.

LoudLove
9/23/2022 6:05am
crowe660 wrote:
I’m just over 20 years since boot camp(edit:1997), and it was supposedly starting then with “stress cards” or something. I remember our RDC’s saying if anyone...
I’m just over 20 years since boot camp(edit:1997), and it was supposedly starting then with “stress cards” or something. I remember our RDC’s saying if anyone in our division tried to use that card, we’d really wish we hadn’t. Nobody did.

My son went through AF boot camp a few months ago and he had a couple instructors get pulled for things they said perceived to be sexist toward the women in the division. For the most part, it sounds like his experience wasn’t that much different than my navy training. He was only allowed to call me once after a couple weeks, and he cried for 5 minutes of the 7 minute call. So it’s not a total cake walk yet.

I can’t speak on the academy’s though. I could totally see that being a much different story.
AOCS, circa 1988, was staffed with USMC DI’s that had little time for social awareness! Holy crap, even now I crack up at some of the outrageous stuff they came up with! And while outright physical assault was not allowed, let’s just say the DI’s took “posture adjustments” to a whole new level.
ShipLap
9/23/2022 7:45am
Biden when he finds out Putin is threatening nuclear war:

downonmonday
9/23/2022 8:14am
crowe660 wrote:
I’m just over 20 years since boot camp(edit:1997), and it was supposedly starting then with “stress cards” or something. I remember our RDC’s saying if anyone...

I went through Basic Training in 2002. I never heard of a 'stress card' until I got to my assigned unit. I never met anyone else over the span of 14 years in the Army of someone actually seeing one. I think it was a massive rumor? Things started to get soft when I got out in 2014. The wars were ending and the brass went soft, softer than they were in country for our weak ROE.
TeamGreen
9/23/2022 8:17am
crowe660 wrote:

I went through Basic Training in 2002. I never heard of a 'stress card' until I got to my assigned unit. I never met anyone else...
I went through Basic Training in 2002. I never heard of a 'stress card' until I got to my assigned unit. I never met anyone else over the span of 14 years in the Army of someone actually seeing one. I think it was a massive rumor? Things started to get soft when I got out in 2014. The wars were ending and the brass went soft, softer than they were in country for our weak ROE.
There was a “gutting” of senior officers during 2008-2012…

You experienced the after-math as you were leaving.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/23/2022 8:34am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
My Marine, N'daih, says none of that shit is happening in his unit. And no, he never misses leg day. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/22/569851/s1200_FB_IMG_1640836659458.jpg[/img]

Well, thank God for the USMC. At least we still have some tough SOBs in our military.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
9/23/2022 10:19am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2022 10:20am
crowe660 wrote:

LoudLove wrote:
AOCS, circa 1988, was staffed with USMC DI’s that had little time for social awareness! Holy crap, even now I crack up at some of the...
AOCS, circa 1988, was staffed with USMC DI’s that had little time for social awareness! Holy crap, even now I crack up at some of the outrageous stuff they came up with! And while outright physical assault was not allowed, let’s just say the DI’s took “posture adjustments” to a whole new level.
IYAOYAS. I was a GM. Khaki AO’s were always the coolest.
LoudLove
9/23/2022 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2022 12:03pm
crowe660 wrote:

LoudLove wrote:
AOCS, circa 1988, was staffed with USMC DI’s that had little time for social awareness! Holy crap, even now I crack up at some of the...
crowe660 wrote:
I was an A-6E B/N, so ordinance is near & dear to my heart.

Naval aviation was the most laid-back of the officer corps. We dispensed with the formalities and addressed each other by call sign or assignment (CAG, skipper, XO, etc.). Plus we had close relationships with the enlisted men, as our lives literally depended on them each time we shot off the pointy end. Shout out to Petty Officer Kissel!

I asked my buddies why none of their kids considered military service. Answers were fairly predictable, but largely they felt it’s not a “worthy” profession. I mean, they post support for the military on social media, but leave the actual work to others. Plus none live near a military community, so that world is almost alien.
TeamGreen
9/23/2022 2:16pm
LoudLove wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
LoudLove wrote:
I was an A-6E B/N, so ordinance is near & dear to my heart. Naval aviation was the most laid-back of the officer corps. We dispensed...

Naval aviation was the most laid-back of the officer corps. We dispensed with the formalities and addressed each other by call sign or assignment (CAG, skipper, XO, etc.). Plus we had close relationships with the enlisted men, as our lives literally depended on them each time we shot off the pointy end. Shout out to Petty Officer Kissel!

I asked my buddies why none of their kids considered military service. Answers were fairly predictable, but largely they felt it’s not a “worthy” profession. I mean, they post support for the military on social media, but leave the actual work to others. Plus none live near a military community, so that world is almost alien.
You were a “low rider”…? (Named them that as I watched them down on the deck moving thru the trees & blowing shit up!)
No shit?
Did you ever fly the EA or the “Poor Man’s EA mission”…?
LoudLove
9/23/2022 5:25pm
crowe660 wrote:
LoudLove wrote:
I was an A-6E B/N, so ordinance is near & dear to my heart. Naval aviation was the most laid-back of the officer corps. We dispensed...

TeamGreen wrote:
You were a “low rider”…? (Named them that as I watched them down on the deck moving thru the trees & blowing shit up!) No shit...
You were a “low rider”…? (Named them that as I watched them down on the deck moving thru the trees & blowing shit up!)
No shit?
No electrics, only A-6’s out of NAS Oceana in Va Beach. I politicked hard for A-6s East Coast, but the flying was better out of Whidbey Island. Plus I would have lived 60 minutes from Seattle in 1990, just as grunge was about to explode.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
9/26/2022 6:27am
TeamGreen wrote:
Got a kid I’ve helped along thru ROTC & on thru flight training… This shit is actually happening. Thankfully, there are plenty of young folk that...
Got a kid I’ve helped along thru ROTC & on thru flight training…

This shit is actually happening.

Thankfully, there are plenty of young folk that are rolling their eyes at this shit and “getting thru it”.
That was my youngest daughter. You should read the letters she sent me from basic.....
Flatliner
9/26/2022 7:10am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
My Marine, N'daih, says none of that shit is happening in his unit. And no, he never misses leg day. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/22/569851/s1200_FB_IMG_1640836659458.jpg[/img]

If the military thing doesn't work out he could try running the ball for the cowboys Smile
APLMAN99
9/26/2022 9:43am
LoudLove wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
You were a “low rider”…? (Named them that as I watched them down on the deck moving thru the trees & blowing shit up!) No shit...
No shit?
LoudLove wrote:
No electrics, only A-6’s out of NAS Oceana in Va Beach. I politicked hard for A-6s East Coast, but the flying was better out of Whidbey...
No electrics, only A-6’s out of NAS Oceana in Va Beach. I politicked hard for A-6s East Coast, but the flying was better out of Whidbey Island. Plus I would have lived 60 minutes from Seattle in 1990, just as grunge was about to explode.
Growing up we used to get a lot of military aircraft from, I'm assuming, Whidbey going up and down the Columbia river.

I grew up closer to Lake Chelan than Wenatchee and there were times that we'd be on an upper part of the orchard and actually look down at the planes going by.

I remember when this accident happened, it was pretty horrific. I think that the plane was actually coming down through the Palisades area and turning south when it reached the Columbia river but got too close and clipped a rock outcropping.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/57189

Here's a freak accident that happened a few years later that didn't result in any fatalities, by some bizarre twist of fate. I don't know if the pictures are available anywhere on the interwebs, but the cable fell straight down and missed the cab of a traveling pickup by just a hair. It completely destroyed the camper and bed of the truck, obviously, but it was a miracle that no one was hurt seriously.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19970215&slug=2524058
9/27/2022 9:12am
Woke Military=cowards that are easily defeated and controlled. It's the stupidest thing to ever happen to Merica. It's pathetic and disgusting and has to end now. Nuff said!
RCMXracing
9/27/2022 11:43am
JRT812 wrote:
Article

Hoping things spin back the other way....unfortunately, this trend seems to be the new way of life.
Nothing new about Diversity and Inclusion training, not going to spin it back, it started in the early 90’s and really ramped up after Tailhook.

I served 20 years. I was always really F’ng irritated with the diversity training, thought it was a complete waste of time. Over the years I’ve come to realize that the training wasn’t for me, it was for the 5-10% of assholes that needed it.

Unfortunately they always jump the shark with this stuff… can’t say mom and dad? What an utter crock of shit.

Integrity of the fighting force is of utmost importance. Equipment, Logistics, Leadership, Knowledge, Tactics, and Training are what determines who wins. Cohesive units that aren’t undermining each other because they are different or “other” matters.
JRT812
9/27/2022 6:14pm
JRT812 wrote:
Article

RCMXracing wrote:
Nothing new about Diversity and Inclusion training, not going to spin it back, it started in the early 90’s and really ramped up after Tailhook. I...
Nothing new about Diversity and Inclusion training, not going to spin it back, it started in the early 90’s and really ramped up after Tailhook.

I served 20 years. I was always really F’ng irritated with the diversity training, thought it was a complete waste of time. Over the years I’ve come to realize that the training wasn’t for me, it was for the 5-10% of assholes that needed it.

Unfortunately they always jump the shark with this stuff… can’t say mom and dad? What an utter crock of shit.

Integrity of the fighting force is of utmost importance. Equipment, Logistics, Leadership, Knowledge, Tactics, and Training are what determines who wins. Cohesive units that aren’t undermining each other because they are different or “other” matters.
I get it….this type of stuff and china purchasing so much land over here makes me worried the most
Fantasy
4452nd
9/29/2022 10:12am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2022 10:15am
U.S. says ex-Army major and his wife tried to leak military health data to Russia

LoudLove
9/29/2022 10:34am
TeamGreen wrote:
No shit?
LoudLove wrote:
No electrics, only A-6’s out of NAS Oceana in Va Beach. I politicked hard for A-6s East Coast, but the flying was better out of Whidbey...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Growing up we used to get a lot of military aircraft from, I'm assuming, Whidbey going up and down the Columbia river. I grew up closer...
Growing up we used to get a lot of military aircraft from, I'm assuming, Whidbey going up and down the Columbia river.

I grew up closer to Lake Chelan than Wenatchee and there were times that we'd be on an upper part of the orchard and actually look down at the planes going by.

I remember when this accident happened, it was pretty horrific. I think that the plane was actually coming down through the Palisades area and turning south when it reached the Columbia river but got too close and clipped a rock outcropping.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/57189

Here's a freak accident that happened a few years later that didn't result in any fatalities, by some bizarre twist of fate. I don't know if the pictures are available anywhere on the interwebs, but the cable fell straight down and missed the cab of a traveling pickup by just a hair. It completely destroyed the camper and bed of the truck, obviously, but it was a miracle that no one was hurt seriously.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19970215&slug=2524058
The B/N in that fatal accident, Grady Hackwith, was a great guy from Shreveport. He and I were in adjacent flight officer classes at NAS Pensacola. Grady and his roommates (one is still my best friend) threw some terrific parties on Perdido Key, the contents of which shall remain classified!

Long story short: the pilot unsuccessfully attempted a “tuck-under break” at min altitude over the river. Grady was but one of nearly a dozen guys I worked with who bought it during training exercises. And almost all could be chalked up to aircrew errors.
LoudLove
9/29/2022 10:40am
JRT812 wrote:
Article

RCMXracing wrote:
Nothing new about Diversity and Inclusion training, not going to spin it back, it started in the early 90’s and really ramped up after Tailhook. I...

Ah, yes. Tailhook. Specifically Tailhook ‘91 and its post Gulf War antics. That took down a lot of careers, and the “interviews” were borderline interrogations. I was sternly asked to prove that I wasn’t in attendance. Uh, I was on the USS Forrestal 5000 miles away, dumbass!

Post a reply to: Woke Military

The Latest