Thanksgiving

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2017 6:07 PM

Favorite holiday coming up and looks like I won’t be traveling back home this year. Give me must have things to cook. So far, I’m doing the usual ham and deep fried turkey. Hopefully the wife does a broc @ cheese casserole. What else?

|

11/5/2017 6:33 PM

Turducken

|

The evolution of much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster (see list of actions/phrases below):

Thoughts?
Opinions?
Suggestions?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Or, look for one of the millions of threads like: a “ best of”, thinly veiled “poll/opinion/suggestions” (and resurrecting old ones), riding technique opinions, and “Im traveling to so and so location and need advice”.

11/5/2017 6:37 PM

Mashed potatoes

|

Yes, I know....guacamole is extra.

11/5/2017 7:11 PM

kzizok wrote:

Turducken

Perfect ,keep it simple.

|

11/5/2017 7:12 PM

Cranberry, home-made bread/biscuits/cornbread and pie, gotta have lots of pie's. Sweet peas, corn, mac and cheese. I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/5/2017 7:15 PM

My wife is part polack ,her family has polish sausage and perogies for every holiday in addition to the traditional food for each particular holiday .

|

11/6/2017 6:29 AM

Turkey and stuffing. And not cornbread stuffing. Can't stand that stuff. We have a family recipe that's been passed down for several generations that uses white bread with the proper seasonings. Tastes 10x better then cornbread stuffing.

|

11/6/2017 7:47 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Turkey and stuffing. And not cornbread stuffing. Can't stand that stuff. We have a family recipe that's been passed down for several generations that uses white bread with the proper seasonings. Tastes 10x better then cornbread stuffing.

Stove top stuffing right out of the box LOL i love it!! but i put a diced apple and celery in it.

For leftovers i make stuffing burritos

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/6/2017 7:52 AM

TXDirt wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

Stove top stuffing right out of the box LOL i love it!! but i put a diced apple and celery in it.

ugh lol I hate stove top. lol

|

11/6/2017 8:00 AM

MR. X wrote:

My wife is part polack ,her family has polish sausage and perogies for every holiday in addition to the traditional food for each particular holiday .

grandparents always did kabasa and hard boiled eggs with horseradish .... and green onions ,,,along with the usual stuff...

|

sc10.2 sct410 pro-line trinity tekin

11/6/2017 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2017 8:49 AM

ocscottie wrote:

Me too! My wife hates it and refuses to buy or make it.

I make a specific trip to go out and buy Stove top stuffing and make it for myself. Bonus is my wife has convinced my daughter's to not like it, so I get to eat as much as I want, guilt free for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

And for JRT, we always make a green bean casserole, it's a hit in our house.

|

11/6/2017 9:21 AM

Hopefully my house will be somewhat back in order by then if my appliances show up in time. The wife likes to brine a turkey for a few days leading up to Turkey Day. If not, I'm dropping off a turkey at my favorite BBQ joint here and having them smoke it up good. I'll get a big tray of their smoked ham to go with it.

And while the green bean casserole is always a big hit, I'll just have me some green beans. The father in law is in charge of the stuffing, always good there.

|

11/7/2017 10:21 AM

I make our old family recipe oyster stuffing. I love watching people who hate even the sight of an oyster tell me it's the best stuffing they have ever eaten. Lol

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

11/7/2017 10:47 AM

My Grandma made a fruit salad ambrosia with marshmallows in it. It's not Thanksgiving without that stuff! Thankfully, I have a mom and 3 crazy aunts who all know how to make it.

|

11/7/2017 4:59 PM

kzizok wrote:

Turducken

MR. X wrote:

Perfect ,keep it simple.

Hahaha

|

11/7/2017 5:01 PM

Cygnus wrote:

I make our old family recipe oyster stuffing. I love watching people who hate even the sight of an oyster tell me it's the best stuffing they have ever eaten. Lol

Interesting... never heard of that, but I’m down to try.

|

11/7/2017 5:04 PM

newmann wrote:

Hopefully my house will be somewhat back in order by then if my appliances show up in time. The wife likes to brine a turkey for a few days leading up to Turkey Day. If not, I'm dropping off a turkey at my favorite BBQ joint here and having them smoke it up good. I'll get a big tray of their smoked ham to go with it.

And while the green bean casserole is always a big hit, I'll just have me some green beans. The father in law is in charge of the stuffing, always good there.

Didn’t know BBQ joints would do that. Never even crossed my mind to ask.

|

11/7/2017 5:36 PM

We always do some twice baked potatoes, super easy, extremely delicious.

|

11/7/2017 6:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2017 6:47 PM

You walk in there like a boss and plunk down a jar of Mandingo pickles and a jug of Pepsi and you'll be king for the day.

|

11/7/2017 6:47 PM

Harry Backmon wrote:

You walk in there like a boss and plunk down a jar of Mandingo pickles and a jug of Pepsi and you'll be king for the day.

Hahaha

|

11/7/2017 7:06 PM

newmann wrote:

JRT812 wrote:

Didn’t know BBQ joints would do that. Never even crossed my mind to ask.

Drop mine off here. Good stuff, good people, good read.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/interview-robert-patillo-of-patillos-bar-b-q/

|

11/7/2017 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2017 7:47 PM

My wife has a killer recipe for fresh cranberry relish. She makes it the day before.
A small turkey, a large ham.
Mashed taters and gravy.
Watergate salad
green bean casserole
pumpkin pie and cheesecake
some kind of bread roll

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

11/7/2017 7:56 PM

AHRMA361 wrote:

I make a specific trip to go out and buy Stove top stuffing and make it for myself. Bonus is my wife has convinced my daughter's to not like it, so I get to eat as much as I want, guilt free for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I love Stove Top, and green bean casserole. Can I come over?

|

11/9/2017 2:58 AM

TXDirt wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

Saturated in gravy. Homemade gravy. Mmmm

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/9/2017 7:57 AM

Wtf was Thanksgiving? I just seen Santa set up a table at Wal-Mart November 4th in practice.

|

11/10/2017 7:00 PM

Mom's Chili Potato's

Make a batch of mashed potato's, leave em kinda lumpy and chunky, don't over mash em, mix in a fair amount of butter
Mix in some grated cheddar cheese and a can of diced green chili's
Put them in a buttered or pam sprayed baking dish
Sprinkle some paprika on the top
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes
Enjoy the best mashed potato's you'll ever eat

|

11/11/2017 2:17 PM

ocscottie wrote:

AHRMA361 wrote:

Sully wrote:

I love Stove Top, and green bean casserole. Can I come over?

you guys gotta try a stove top stuffing burrito the next day, its soooo good! It is what it is, stove top wrapped in a flour tortilla, one of my fav snacks. Could throw a little turkey in it if you wanted.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/11/2017 5:50 PM

I've fried a turkey for the last 5 years. No more.

No body even eats these damn things any other time of the year other than processed lunch meat.

We are having 1.5 in cut ribeyes

|

11/12/2017 6:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2017 10:14 AM

Liquid turkey

Inbed no work,I'm just not good at this.
|

11/12/2017 6:36 AM

Go to edit and drop the ?c=2 after the jpg and see what happens.

|