Jeremy Mayfield tested + for Meth!

MX479Guy
Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 8:13pm
OUCH! Huge black smudge on NASCAR.
|
Jabjr222
7/1/2009 1:31pm
How is it any worse than other PED's? OR is that what you are implying?

Meth is one nasty drug though... I'm sure he isn't the only one.
txmxer
7/1/2009 1:33pm
jeez...you make it to the pinnacle for rt turn motor sports and you decide to become a meth head?
ASH510
7/1/2009 1:34pm
them cicles drive people nuts
flarider
7/1/2009 1:41pm
and he was denying it!

How can he even try to say it was wrong??

The Shop

andymoto
7/1/2009 1:45pm
Tweeking in a 200 MPH car.....gutsy.....and flat dumb.

This is old news though....he claimed it was Claratin and an attention deficit disorder pill..whatever it's called.

Or did they today call him basically a liar for the Claratin, add pills?
flarider
7/1/2009 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:41am
Said a adderal and claritin-D combo

Damn....I'm going to CVS

BRB
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
7/1/2009 1:48pm
flarider wrote:

Damn....I'm going to CVS

BRB
Unless you already have the adderal I dont think CVS carries it
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
7/1/2009 1:50pm
He tested positive for three (3) different substances: Adderal, Claritin-D, and meth.
andymoto
7/1/2009 1:51pm
flarider wrote:

Damn....I'm going to CVS

BRB
How do you know?...Wink
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
7/1/2009 1:53pm
flarider wrote:

Damn....I'm going to CVS

BRB
andymoto wrote:
How do you know?...Wink
thats my business.
pdubfiddy
7/1/2009 2:00pm
MX479Guy wrote:
OUCH! Huge black smudge on NASCAR.
How can you say its a huge smudge on Nascar, If its true he's done for life. Nascar is not like the NFL, NBA, Major League Baseball, the NHL probably the Soccer dudes and of course any form of motocross.

You F up in Nascar your Done.
Nerd
7/1/2009 2:21pm
cdm806 wrote:
He tested positive for three (3) different substances: Adderal, Claritin-D, and meth.
If you have a prescription for a reason, how can it be banned? Does anyone actually know what the policy includes, as far as what drugs are illegal and tested for?
RMZ819
7/1/2009 2:31pm
cdm806 wrote:
Adderal + Claritin D together will make you test postive for meth. True Story!!!!
Jabjr222
7/1/2009 3:01pm
Adderal is speed... straight up...

The NCAA and NFL ban all kinds of substances... including any kind of cold medicine. Legal or not, sick or not, dr's orders or not, you get popped and you are in violation of the rules...
Nerd
7/1/2009 3:04pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
Adderal is speed... straight up... The NCAA and NFL ban all kinds of substances... including any kind of cold medicine. Legal or not, sick or not...
Adderal is speed... straight up...

The NCAA and NFL ban all kinds of substances... including any kind of cold medicine. Legal or not, sick or not, dr's orders or not, you get popped and you are in violation of the rules...
NASCAR isn't the NCAA or NFL. No one's running around the track.

If someone legitimately has a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and is given Adderall, they are FAR SAFER on the track than if their ADD kicks in. Think about it. Would you want the guy next to you at 200 mph to be thinking, "Did I leave the iron on? Huh. I don't know. I wonder if I did. Next pit stop, I should probably tell someone to ask my wife."?

No, you want them thinking about what they're doing, period.
TJ 755
7/1/2009 3:04pm
Just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover. I got to do a meet and greet w/ him a couple years ago at Vegas and he came across as very straight laced well spoken guy. Almost to the point of nerdy. Obviously his career has dwindled but but to this degree? Wild.
Jabjr222
7/1/2009 3:08pm
Nerd wrote:
NASCAR isn't the NCAA or NFL. No one's running around the track. If someone legitimately has a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and is given Adderall, they are...

If someone legitimately has a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and is given Adderall, they are FAR SAFER on the track than if their ADD kicks in. Think about it. Would you want the guy next to you at 200 mph to be thinking, "Did I leave the iron on? Huh. I don't know. I wonder if I did. Next pit stop, I should probably tell someone to ask my wife."?

I totally get your point but concentration is part of NASCAR just like it is in other sports... Plus, Adderal is speed... It is clean, laboratory produced speed.

I might be a little behind on my add studies but I don't think it works like that.... I might be wrong thou... hey, look at that coffee mug...
500guy
7/1/2009 3:09pm
Adderal was originally a Blood Pressure medicine, it was later they found it worked with ADD.

Does it matter what the policy is ? I would say Meth is banned every where.
Nerd
7/1/2009 3:12pm
Nerd wrote:
NASCAR isn't the NCAA or NFL. No one's running around the track. If someone legitimately has a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD and is given Adderall, they are...

Jabjr222 wrote:
I totally get your point but concentration is part of NASCAR just like it is in other sports... Plus, Adderal is speed... It is clean, laboratory...
I totally get your point but concentration is part of NASCAR just like it is in other sports... Plus, Adderal is speed... It is clean, laboratory produced speed.

I might be a little behind on my add studies but I don't think it works like that.... I might be wrong thou... hey, look at that coffee mug...
Well, I'm not behind on my ADD studies, and what Adderall (and other stimulants) does in people with ADD is it raises their distraction threshold. So, whereas before being on the drug, you would be very easily distracted, when you're on the drug, you're not. You're able to concentrate much, much better.

And you're right, concentration is part of NASCAR. So is vision. Should they ban laser-eye surgery? Hey, if you weren't born with 20/20, you lose. Sorry.
flarider
7/1/2009 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2009 3:15pm
Fuckin' CVS and their goddamn prescription bullshit to get adderall but oh yeah I can buy all the fuckin claritin-d I want but can't have the fuckin adderall sonofabitches at CVS need to go firebomb the damn place...bastages
Jabjr222
7/1/2009 3:16pm
Nerd wrote:
Well, I'm not behind on my ADD studies, and what Adderall (and other stimulants) does in people with ADD is it raises their distraction threshold. So...
Well, I'm not behind on my ADD studies, and what Adderall (and other stimulants) does in people with ADD is it raises their distraction threshold. So, whereas before being on the drug, you would be very easily distracted, when you're on the drug, you're not. You're able to concentrate much, much better.

And you're right, concentration is part of NASCAR. So is vision. Should they ban laser-eye surgery? Hey, if you weren't born with 20/20, you lose. Sorry.
Oh come on... you are better than that... comparing laser eye surgery to taking adderall?

If they made Adderall a legal substance in sports, what percentage of participants do you think would suddenly end up with prescriptions? The dollars are so high that the guys take huge risks with illegal substances... if it were legal, I'd bet the number would go through the roof.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
7/1/2009 3:17pm
Nerd wrote:

I highly doubt that Jeremy Mayfield does his own ironing.
Nerd
7/1/2009 3:18pm
Nerd wrote:
Well, I'm not behind on my ADD studies, and what Adderall (and other stimulants) does in people with ADD is it raises their distraction threshold. So...

Jabjr222 wrote:
Oh come on... you are better than that... comparing laser eye surgery to taking adderall? If they made Adderall a legal substance in sports, what percentage...
Oh come on... you are better than that... comparing laser eye surgery to taking adderall?

If they made Adderall a legal substance in sports, what percentage of participants do you think would suddenly end up with prescriptions? The dollars are so high that the guys take huge risks with illegal substances... if it were legal, I'd bet the number would go through the roof.
If there was a pill to improve vision, that would be bad I'm guessing, but since it's a surgery, that's fine.

And if what you're saying is correct, then we need tighter controls on the doctors.
mxdad
7/1/2009 3:19pm
And this has to do with Motocross how? Someone please move this thread to NON-moto.
Jabjr222
7/1/2009 3:21pm
Nerd wrote:
If there was a pill to improve vision, that would be bad I'm guessing, but since it's a surgery, that's fine. And if what you're saying...
If there was a pill to improve vision, that would be bad I'm guessing, but since it's a surgery, that's fine.

And if what you're saying is correct, then we need tighter controls on the doctors.
Depends how you define "competitive advantage". What if they had a surgery that would make one run faster? Jump higher?

There are always doctors for sell, regardless of how tight you set the regulations... look at recent pop history, MJ? Limbaugh? Anna? All were doctor shopping.
Jabjr222
7/1/2009 3:22pm
mxdad wrote:
And this has to do with Motocross how? Someone please move this thread to NON-moto.
stfu and if you don't like don't click on the thread...

PED's should be considered moto because it is a problem that will blow up in everyone's faces as soon as they start testing...
Nerd
7/1/2009 3:25pm
Nerd wrote:
If there was a pill to improve vision, that would be bad I'm guessing, but since it's a surgery, that's fine. And if what you're saying...

Jabjr222 wrote:
Depends how you define "competitive advantage". What if they had a surgery that would make one run faster? Jump higher? There are always doctors for sell...
Depends how you define "competitive advantage". What if they had a surgery that would make one run faster? Jump higher?

There are always doctors for sell, regardless of how tight you set the regulations... look at recent pop history, MJ? Limbaugh? Anna? All were doctor shopping.
Surgery to improve that stuff isn't against any rules. When a runner breaks his leg, should he make sure only to repair it to its previous strength? Or do you think it's smart to make it stronger if possible?
txmxer
7/1/2009 3:31pm
Nerd wrote:

Jabjr222 wrote:
I totally get your point but concentration is part of NASCAR just like it is in other sports... Plus, Adderal is speed... It is clean, laboratory...

Nerd wrote:

I doubt they would have made it that far if concentration was an issue.

From what I know, having ADD would not affect a person during high intensity activity. It's only when things are slow or they are in the midst of cognitive activities such as studying or listening to a lecture.
sakana
7/1/2009 3:33pm
Tim Richmond failed a nascar drug test years ago as well.
He claimed he was innocent, that drugs detected were prescription.
Nascar banned him as well.
In the end Tim died from aids, and I believe nascar settled out of court with his family. Although I don't think you will find that out from nascar or wikpeda about the lawsuit.

From wikipedia:
In 1990, The New York Times reported that Dr. Forest Tennant, who was at that time the National Football League's drug adviser, "falsified drug tests"[20] that ultimately helped shorten Tim Richmond's NASCAR career.[20] Washington television station WJLA-TV, in early 1990, reported that sealed court documents and interviews showed Tennant and NASCAR used "allegedly false drug-test results in 1988 to bar Richmond from racing".[20] Reporter Roberta Baskin stated that NASCAR had targeted Richmond, requesting that Tennant establish a substance-abuse policy with Richmond in mind.[20] "A series of drug tests and falsely reported positive results shortly before the 1988 Daytona 500 kept Richmond from driving in what was to have been his last big race. . .", the report said.[20] While neither Tennant nor NASCAR supplied an official response at the time, NASCAR did confirm that they were seeking to replace Tennant.[20]
Jabjr222
7/1/2009 3:34pm
Nerd wrote:
Surgery to improve that stuff isn't against any rules. When a runner breaks his leg, should he make sure only to repair it to its previous...
Surgery to improve that stuff isn't against any rules. When a runner breaks his leg, should he make sure only to repair it to its previous strength? Or do you think it's smart to make it stronger if possible?
But that is different... you can argue that the body would repair itself to a stronger state... that's the whole point of training in the first place... you break the body down and it repairs itself and grows stronger.

If there was a surgery that made an athlete stronger or able to throw further or what not... then it would be banned (eventually)... but making a bone stronger (at the point of injury) than it was pre injury, I don't think that is a "performance enhancing" operation...

Of course, where do you draw the line? Do you forbid training because it is a performance enhancer?

Post a reply to: Jeremy Mayfield tested + for Meth!

The Latest