Bitcoin

MasonMan
1/13/2021 3:49pm
I use coinbase, Market went down for about 40 hrs now bouncing back.

ocscottie
2/8/2021 11:21am
Just hit another all time high today, 43k Elon invested 1.5BILLION on it.

I also saw Elon tweeting about Dogcoin, its not even worth a penny, wonder if its worth tossing some money at?
peelout
2/8/2021 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 1:18pm
ocscottie wrote:
Just hit another all time high today, 43k Elon invested 1.5BILLION on it. I also saw Elon tweeting about Dogcoin, its not even worth a penny...
Just hit another all time high today, 43k Elon invested 1.5BILLION on it.

I also saw Elon tweeting about Dogcoin, its not even worth a penny, wonder if its worth tossing some money at?
Dogecoin is a hard one to judge for me... it was created as a joke, so i don't know how much faith to put in it.

i bought about 2600 shares of XRP before it was suspended, so far it's done ok but it's going to be a long haul for me. i'd kick myself for selling at double when in the next couple years it could go up like Ethereum. also i have no idea what the suspension is and what it means for my shares long term.

my dad is doing really good on Ethereum right now, but he's in the same boat and going the long distance route with it.

Bitcoin is nuts. makes a guy wish he would have taken some advice all those years ago.
ocscottie
2/8/2021 3:16pm
peelout wrote:
Dogecoin is a hard one to judge for me... it was created as a joke, so i don't know how much faith to put in it...
Dogecoin is a hard one to judge for me... it was created as a joke, so i don't know how much faith to put in it.

i bought about 2600 shares of XRP before it was suspended, so far it's done ok but it's going to be a long haul for me. i'd kick myself for selling at double when in the next couple years it could go up like Ethereum. also i have no idea what the suspension is and what it means for my shares long term.

my dad is doing really good on Ethereum right now, but he's in the same boat and going the long distance route with it.

Bitcoin is nuts. makes a guy wish he would have taken some advice all those years ago.
ETH was a good buy, its done a lot better than my Litecoin i got back in '18, been holding onto that hoping it soars someday, probably wishful thinking.

The Shop

Crush
2/9/2021 5:03am
One of my buddies had a shyte load of BTC from when he was gaming as a kid... sold it all when it was 25K AUD... HE might be annoyed now I guess but it set him up pretty well...
2/9/2021 1:54pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
So how are the cryptocurrency guys feeling about this past year overall? I don't want to pick on Triple Five (he's a good guy and definitely...
So how are the cryptocurrency guys feeling about this past year overall? I don't want to pick on Triple Five (he's a good guy and definitely not the only guy who was optimistic about things) but the question asked back then still stands; What real data and factors would have made anyone think that a crypto like Ethereum would have went to $2K, other than just hoping and guessing? I think it's right about $175 right now, and I can't imagine any other well used currencies with that sort of volatility.

It's interesting to read the optimism from a year ago. It's difficult to find rational reasons that people had for that optimism, though, anywhere on the interwebs.
from someone that held on to it, it feels pretty good... too bad i didnt buy more at $175
APLMAN99
2/10/2021 6:06am
APLMAN99 wrote:
So how are the cryptocurrency guys feeling about this past year overall? I don't want to pick on Triple Five (he's a good guy and definitely...
So how are the cryptocurrency guys feeling about this past year overall? I don't want to pick on Triple Five (he's a good guy and definitely not the only guy who was optimistic about things) but the question asked back then still stands; What real data and factors would have made anyone think that a crypto like Ethereum would have went to $2K, other than just hoping and guessing? I think it's right about $175 right now, and I can't imagine any other well used currencies with that sort of volatility.

It's interesting to read the optimism from a year ago. It's difficult to find rational reasons that people had for that optimism, though, anywhere on the interwebs.
from someone that held on to it, it feels pretty good... too bad i didnt buy more at $175
2.3 years and lots of volatility later......

I still can’t imagine anyone truly wanting their currency to be that volatile.

I get the desire to want to trade it as a commodity and make day-trader riches, but thus far it’s still the equivalent of a high priced Pokémon to me.
hard2kill
2/10/2021 8:14am
APLMAN99 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
2.3 years and lots of volatility later...... I still can’t imagine anyone truly wanting their currency to be that volatile. I get the desire to want...
2.3 years and lots of volatility later......

I still can’t imagine anyone truly wanting their currency to be that volatile.

I get the desire to want to trade it as a commodity and make day-trader riches, but thus far it’s still the equivalent of a high priced Pokémon to me.

Probably better than the alternative?
gt80rider
2/11/2021 11:18am
West Coast wrote:
Btc's an intelligence psyop. Magazine cover of the Economist "predicted" btc years in advance of Nakamoto's appearance. All mags and media are controlled not by liberals...
Btc's an intelligence psyop. Magazine cover of the Economist "predicted" btc years in advance of Nakamoto's appearance. All mags and media are controlled not by liberals but by intel including FOX and company. Gates, Zuckerberg, Musk, Jobs, McAfee, Shakur, Charles Manson, OJ Simpson, Wyatt Earp, John Lennon, Fidel Castro, were or are assests for intelligence or maybe you thought Satashi Nakamoto was real? MilesWMathis dot com talks about these hoaxes and psyops but his papers are not always cell phone friendly you may need a bigger screen and an even longer attention span. They try to pass Mathis off as one person but he is arguably a group of intel agents releasing classifed info for whatever reason. Mathis group proves John Lennon sings on in 2019, Charles Manson never spent a day in jail, nukes don't exist, Hiroshima never happened like we were told, Cold War was a hoax, the Holocaust was a lie, nationwide Cointelpro gangstalking is real.
http://mileswmathis.com/2pac.pdf
http://mileswmathis.com/lennon.pdf
http://mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf
http://mileswmathis.com/bitfraud.pdf
This seems to be true...... deep state created to follow the flow of illegal enterprises......

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is...
stone881
2/12/2021 10:11am
West Coast wrote:
Btc's an intelligence psyop. Magazine cover of the Economist "predicted" btc years in advance of Nakamoto's appearance. All mags and media are controlled not by liberals...
Btc's an intelligence psyop. Magazine cover of the Economist "predicted" btc years in advance of Nakamoto's appearance. All mags and media are controlled not by liberals but by intel including FOX and company. Gates, Zuckerberg, Musk, Jobs, McAfee, Shakur, Charles Manson, OJ Simpson, Wyatt Earp, John Lennon, Fidel Castro, were or are assests for intelligence or maybe you thought Satashi Nakamoto was real? MilesWMathis dot com talks about these hoaxes and psyops but his papers are not always cell phone friendly you may need a bigger screen and an even longer attention span. They try to pass Mathis off as one person but he is arguably a group of intel agents releasing classifed info for whatever reason. Mathis group proves John Lennon sings on in 2019, Charles Manson never spent a day in jail, nukes don't exist, Hiroshima never happened like we were told, Cold War was a hoax, the Holocaust was a lie, nationwide Cointelpro gangstalking is real.
http://mileswmathis.com/2pac.pdf
http://mileswmathis.com/lennon.pdf
http://mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf
http://mileswmathis.com/bitfraud.pdf
gt80rider wrote:
This seems to be true...... deep state created to follow the flow of illegal enterprises......

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is...
Except that illegal enterprise is predominantly a dollar game, not crypto.

You simply don't understand money and scarcity. You see there will only ever be 21 million Btc created and at least 3 million of those are already lost. On the other hand the US dollar supply was increased by 25% in the past year alone.

ocscottie
2/17/2021 10:56pm
$52k! Damn, even LTC is moving up a bit.
ns503
2/18/2021 2:24am
The question now has to be, when is the big pullback going to happen?

It has to happen - right?
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
2/18/2021 3:51am
I’m really new to crypto, literally got Coinbase last week and bought $30 each btc ltc and eth.
My plan is to play the long game and just stick 20-30 in one of the three here and there, and cut back elsewhere to cover it like not buying a coffe/lunch and making one that day.
Like gambling don’t bet what you can’t afford to loose.
If in 10years I’ve made a good profit brilliant, if the arse has fallen out of it, heh oh.
MasonMan
2/19/2021 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 10:09pm
BTC will be over $100,000 during Biden Admin.
Bought more at $34,000 a month ago. have 2.3 BTC...it's now at

MasonMan
2/19/2021 10:20pm
luke11 wrote:
I’m really new to crypto, literally got Coinbase last week and bought $30 each btc ltc and eth. My plan is to play the long game...
I’m really new to crypto, literally got Coinbase last week and bought $30 each btc ltc and eth.
My plan is to play the long game and just stick 20-30 in one of the three here and there, and cut back elsewhere to cover it like not buying a coffe/lunch and making one that day.
Like gambling don’t bet what you can’t afford to loose.
If in 10years I’ve made a good profit brilliant, if the arse has fallen out of it, heh oh.
It's a hobby for me. I invested into Crypto in 2010. with BTC and converted into others that came in the market. The BTC has been the backbone in my investments. When it goes up I invest the % in others new on the Market. Be very aware of FAKE CYBER like Dogecoin.
Look into what each cyber does and invest wisely. Do your homework. COINBASE helps you with that. thats why they don't have Dogecoin on their site. it's junk.
ns503
2/20/2021 6:11am
Up another 8% this morning? Unfrickenreal...
ocscottie
2/20/2021 11:35am
1 Bitcoin equals 57,080.30 United States Dollars! Woohoo
2/22/2021 6:22am
Just a wee bit of a correction today for all the cryptos. I sold my .019% of a bitcoin for a righteous profit around $75 when I saw it tanking, now I will wait for it to leveloff. This could be huge. Down 11% so far and falling fast.
XXVoid MainXX
2/22/2021 7:36am
And already up 20% just since I bought in an hour ago. Maybe I should move all my other stocks over to it. Smile
ocscottie
2/22/2021 2:09pm
I finally broke down. I put about 10k into OBTC this morning.
What is OBTC? Just bitcoin stock?
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
3/6/2021 10:38am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2021 10:47am
Is Bitcoin still a good investment?

So, I started a trading account on Robinhood (I'm planning on switching to Webull, or another eventually to take advantage of the extended hours). When I signed up, I threw a chunk of my savings into Dogecoin (DUMB LUCK) when it was .018 for no other reason than it was cheap and was being talked about on twitter. I sold most of it when it was .07 and moved all my profit into a few stocks that are supposed to have mergers the next couple months.

Granted, I'm a newb, and I'm learning by trial and error, watching videos, reading etc.. I've made some dumb decisions, and I knew it was going to happen, but like I said, I'm learning. Last week, I learned what a reverse split is...hehe

Anyway, I'm debating on pulling a good chunk and putting into bitcoin, and just forgetting about it. Are most of you here of the school that Bitcoin is the best bet of crypto? I know the others are considered "shitcoins", but having made a good chunk from a doge, it really does seem like bitcoin is the way most crypto experts lean..

Am I dumb for leaving part of money in Doge, and moving the rest to Bitcoin, or should I just pull it all after an Elon tweet and move it to Bitcoin when theres a good pull back? They all move almost the exact same minus a couple percent here and there. Or maybe spreading it through multiple's like Etherum as well?

I'm hoping to figure this out before the stimulus is released, as I personally know a few people that are planning on putting their stimulus directly into crypto and i'm assuming they're not the only ones lol
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
3/6/2021 10:54am
For some of you that have followed Bitcoin for the last however many years: When it was back under a grand, or 10k, did you believe it would ever be $50k?? I see people say, it'll be 100k by the end of the year, and it just seems unreal to me.. But it wouldn't suprise me at this point
APLMAN99
3/6/2021 12:38pm
ocscottie wrote:
1 Bitcoin equals 57,080.30 United States Dollars! Woohoo
And that’s the crazy part. Imagine if you had taken 10 Bitcoin in payment for a house that you were selling on the date you posted this. $570,800 of Bitcoin for the house.

Today you’d only have about $486,000 worth of Bitcoin, or a decline of worth of about 15%. In 2 weeks.

That’s why Bitcoin isn’t close to being a true currency, there is simply no stability in any direction and absolutely no real predictability.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that some folks are going to make a lot of money taking it from folks who are playing with it, but it’s still not any more intrinsic or solidly valued than Pokémon are.
Crush
3/14/2021 12:42am
I hate these threads. Had my finger over the buy button to buy a few for the kids when they were 5K each. Crikey. I'd have been able to wrap up their portfolio by now haha.
JM485
3/14/2021 3:14pm
We’re still only at the beginning.

If anyone is interested in researching more Real Vision has a great YouTube channel and podcast channel that do quite a bit of crypto discussion. I’m very convinced that this is just the start, what we’re seeing before our eyes is the only way out of an obviously failing financial system that is headed toward a global reckoning. It’s not a coincidence that we have needed exponentially more global stimulus in markets and economies just to keep things afloat over the last few decades, what we’re seeing is the desperate attempt of financial institutions to combat the ever growing wave of deflationary technology. They’re all going to pump and pump and pump currencies to save the monetary system, but in the end it won’t matter, technology is going to take over.

Think about just what we have seen during Covid. All those simple manufacturing or service jobs (like toll booth operators, etc), ya those aren’t coming back, ever. And there’s more to follow. With the advances in AI happening at an exponential rate industries that we hold to be rock solid will be massively disrupted, and people are going to be displaced and permanently out of work in droves. We can choose to ignore what’s already happening and try to artificially pump economies via stimulus, low rates, and other feel good programs, but the only true way out that I see is bitcoin and other crypto. We finally have a way out of government controlled money and their fuckery, yet so many people still see it as “too risky”, to me putting my trust in a system that is guaranteed to fail is a lot riskier of a proposition than storing some value in a space that is only going to grow.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
3/14/2021 4:03pm
JM485 wrote:
We’re still only at the beginning. If anyone is interested in researching more Real Vision has a great YouTube channel and podcast channel that do quite...
We’re still only at the beginning.

If anyone is interested in researching more Real Vision has a great YouTube channel and podcast channel that do quite a bit of crypto discussion. I’m very convinced that this is just the start, what we’re seeing before our eyes is the only way out of an obviously failing financial system that is headed toward a global reckoning. It’s not a coincidence that we have needed exponentially more global stimulus in markets and economies just to keep things afloat over the last few decades, what we’re seeing is the desperate attempt of financial institutions to combat the ever growing wave of deflationary technology. They’re all going to pump and pump and pump currencies to save the monetary system, but in the end it won’t matter, technology is going to take over.

Think about just what we have seen during Covid. All those simple manufacturing or service jobs (like toll booth operators, etc), ya those aren’t coming back, ever. And there’s more to follow. With the advances in AI happening at an exponential rate industries that we hold to be rock solid will be massively disrupted, and people are going to be displaced and permanently out of work in droves. We can choose to ignore what’s already happening and try to artificially pump economies via stimulus, low rates, and other feel good programs, but the only true way out that I see is bitcoin and other crypto. We finally have a way out of government controlled money and their fuckery, yet so many people still see it as “too risky”, to me putting my trust in a system that is guaranteed to fail is a lot riskier of a proposition than storing some value in a space that is only going to grow.
The thing i cant wrap my head around with Bitcoin is, people are buying it based on the theory. I'm yet to see when it becomes practical. And it's still getting measured against currency. Bitcoin only seems like a good investment to many because it can be traded for $60,000 actual dollars. But those are the exact dollars its trying to replace.

When are we going to buy houses, cars, load of bread at the local store with bitcoin? Is that something that is going to happen anytime soon?

It fascinates me, and i'm interested in it, i just cant wrap my head around how it works in practice

Post a reply to: Bitcoin

The Latest