Will Roczen race WSX?

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2022 7:33pm
So far he has no team and no bike. Sounds like most teams are building there bikes and shipping them over this week. He hasn’t renewed with Honda yet. And it’s hard to see him switching brands for WSX with no time to test. What the hell is going on ML?
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/6/2022 6:25am
Someone from Fox told me they printed him jerseys with just his name on them as they have no clue what’s going on either.

One US team told me the US based bikes have to ship out middle of this week…

The only two teams without all their 450 guys right now are HEP/PMG and The Aus Honda team (Firepower/Genuine Honda part).

This is just my gut feeling in the situation, but I’m going to bet he either has to back out of the series…or they let him wild card both rounds on his own setup. Which would require them to change their own rules as a wildcard isn’t supposed to be allowed to do more than one race (like Tomac is doing). But as of now, the series is down to just two rounds.
R VanKamp77
9/6/2022 6:33am
ML512 wrote:
Someone from Fox told me they printed him jerseys with just his name on them as they have no clue what’s going on either. One US...
Someone from Fox told me they printed him jerseys with just his name on them as they have no clue what’s going on either.

The only two teams without all their 450 guys right now are HEP/PMG and The Aus Honda team (Firepower/Genuine Honda part).

This is just my gut feeling in the situation, but I’m going to bet he either has to back out of the series…or they let him wild card both rounds on his own setup. Which would require them to change their own rules as a wildcard isn’t supposed to be allowed to do more than one race (like Tomac is doing). But as of now, the series is down to just two rounds.
Wasn't it 3 rounds? Did I miss something?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/6/2022 6:40am
ML512 wrote:
Someone from Fox told me they printed him jerseys with just his name on them as they have no clue what’s going on either. One US...

Wasn't it 3 rounds? Did I miss something?
Third round was supposed to be Indonesia but it’s pretty well known that the round has been called off. Rumors suggest they may only do two rounds, or a third round could also be in Australia or Sweden. But none of the teams know yet.
KONG
9/6/2022 6:42am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2022 7:06am
In the very beginning, the wild cards were supposed to be locals (like Tomac in Cardiff, lol), and not start money fueled international stars, lol...

From what I hear through the grapevine, Roczen isn't exactly overwhelmed by offers, would like to re-sign with Honda, but the money's not what it used to be and let's say they're not exactly over-enthusiastic about him racing WSX...

Guess we'll see, there's still plenty of time!
Laughing

The Shop

KONG
9/6/2022 6:43am
ML512 wrote:
Third round was supposed to be Indonesia but it’s pretty well known that the round has been called off. Rumors suggest they may only do two...
Third round was supposed to be Indonesia but it’s pretty well known that the round has been called off. Rumors suggest they may only do two rounds, or a third round could also be in Australia or Sweden. But none of the teams know yet.
TBA Global, Master of Suspense!
Wink
9/6/2022 6:43am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2022 6:58am
A 2 round series just might be what Kenny needs to win a SX title.. haha sorry, I actually really like Kenny, just couldn’t help myself..
Cygrace74
9/6/2022 6:44am
Three already wasn’t legit but the fact they’re going to call someone a champion for two races is crazy
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/6/2022 6:47am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2022 6:48am
Thanks ML.

Seems like a very rocky start for WSX.

And if Kenny wants to race sx and mx next year seems like he’ll be out at Honda.
KONG
9/6/2022 6:48am
Well, the "2 stroke world championship" (formerly "4 stroke world championship" in the old days) is ONE race.
Wink
mxking6
9/6/2022 6:55am
While I support most types of racing, this ‘series’ highlights the non-professionalism of Supercross as a whole.

I’d love to see Ken race and be at the top of his game, but going in half-cocked isn’t a good plan or good look for him. He might as well go to Costa Rica and ride some local loaners…..
9/6/2022 6:55am
Hopefully the pressure to make a decision this week will make Honda and/or Ken comprimise and come to an agreement for more than just WSX
9/6/2022 7:01am
I think the series has potential.. I live in Asia so don’t get to go to many SX races anymore, if they held a round anywhere in Asia, I would fly in just to watch it..
if not, might be a trip to OZ! 🦘
KONG
9/6/2022 7:01am
ML512 wrote:

The interesting thing about your second theory is that it would be one more breach into the brand new rules, by those who wrote them.
Local wild cards only, check, no start money, check, equity between all the teams and riders, check, six races in year one, check.
Great way to build one's credibility.

If Roczen ends up not showing, the ticket holders probably will be less than extatic.

And if he actually races this "championship", he'll most likely win.
How about handing the title, year one, to someone for whom every page of the rule book has been torn apart?

aeffertz
9/6/2022 7:29am
I thought the FIM required a series to have at least 3 rounds to be considered a world championship?
KONG
9/6/2022 7:47am
Two nights for the australian event, and there, you have three rounds.

On the other hand, maybe someone will correct me, but never hane I heard before of an FIM sanctioned, official world championship where the promoter pays start money to get guest stars who otherwise wouldn't give a rat's ass.
Don't believe even Luongo ever resorted to that method.
KONG
9/6/2022 7:49am
Elliot wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/06/567233/s1200_Max.jpg[/img]

Cool for Anstie, he has every reason to enjoy this.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/6/2022 10:03am
ML512 wrote:

Wasn’t there a rumor that Honda told Roczen if he raced WSX that he wouldn’t have a ride for next year?
mxking6
9/6/2022 10:18am
Elliot wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/06/567233/s1200_Max.jpg[/img]

KONG wrote:
Cool for Anstie, he has every reason to enjoy this.
It’s awesome to see some of these guys get the glory they deserve.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/6/2022 10:30am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Wasn’t there a rumor that Honda told Roczen if he raced WSX that he wouldn’t have a ride for next year?
I've heard that one a couple times. I believe so.
yota
9/6/2022 10:49am
KONG wrote:
Well, the "2 stroke world championship" (formerly "4 stroke world championship" in the old days) is ONE race.
Wink
but it wasn't sanctioned by the almighty fim.
KONG
9/6/2022 10:51am
When you look at Anstie's pic, two things are pretty obvious: the track looks pretty basic and they didn't sell a lot of tickets.
Laughing
KONG
9/6/2022 11:14am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I've heard that one a couple times. I believe so.
One thing seems clear: Honda doesn't support his brave endaevor in the future of supercross.
Wink
KONG
9/6/2022 11:51am
It's not just a great series: it's a new era, the future of supercross!
Laughing
ATKpilot99
9/6/2022 12:10pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Don't know why so many people want this to fail.
If it can succeed with the type of riders they have lined up now great . Many don't want it to poach top riders from the AMA national or mxgp series . Why is that so hard to understand?
9/6/2022 2:01pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Three already wasn’t legit but the fact they’re going to call someone a champion for two races is crazy
Super Duper Motocross is 3
kpiper
9/6/2022 2:25pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Don't know why so many people want this to fail.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
If it can succeed with the type of riders they have lined up now great . Many don't want it to poach top riders from the...
If it can succeed with the type of riders they have lined up now great . Many don't want it to poach top riders from the AMA national or mxgp series . Why is that so hard to understand?
Many people hated the AFL when it started. I think competition is good.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/6/2022 2:30pm
Well if this really is down to 2 races, I’m going have to side with DonM and say it’s a clown show series…

Post a reply to: Will Roczen race WSX?

The Latest