Will Roczen race WSX?

KONG
9/7/2022 1:29pm
"The inaugural championship has been designated a ‘pilot’ season of five races running from September through November."
Man, how march 22 seems like a looooong time ago...
Wink

clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
9/7/2022 1:50pm
thorns wrote:
I just can't help but laugh. This is so cheesy. Two round series isn't exactly a global series.
DJB
9/7/2022 1:57pm
WSX should be well into finalizing the 2023 venues for the “World Championship”. Anything out there on this ?

The Shop

9/7/2022 2:01pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Don't know why so many people want this to fail.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
If it can succeed with the type of riders they have lined up now great . Many don't want it to poach top riders from the...
If it can succeed with the type of riders they have lined up now great . Many don't want it to poach top riders from the AMA national or mxgp series . Why is that so hard to understand?
Since when has competition in business been a bad thing for the end consumer?

Why is that so hard to understand?
KONG
9/7/2022 2:02pm
I'm not exactly sure Roczen is ready (What brand? What bike? What team?) and even less sure he has anything to do in any way with the "future of supercross"...
Dry
Gravel
9/7/2022 9:44pm
They’ll put the R back into Motorcross next..
Mavetism
9/7/2022 10:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 10:06pm
Call me crazy but with all the rumours going around with Kenny, Red Bull and Honda.. Could there be any chance that Ken races WSX, then skips Supercross and then rides outdoors for Star? I know he said on Pulp that his plan was to race both sx and mx next year but.. something is weird right now.
tek14
9/7/2022 11:37pm
World Championship _series_.. and 2 races. Branding 2 clubraces to world championship is joke.
KONG
9/8/2022 12:23am
Mavetism wrote:
Call me crazy but with all the rumours going around with Kenny, Red Bull and Honda.. Could there be any chance that Ken races WSX, then...
Call me crazy but with all the rumours going around with Kenny, Red Bull and Honda.. Could there be any chance that Ken races WSX, then skips Supercross and then rides outdoors for Star? I know he said on Pulp that his plan was to race both sx and mx next year but.. something is weird right now.
I'm sure his Fox Raceway amazing results make him Star's first choice to replace Tomac for 2023 outdoors.
8/13, more than 2mns back.
Beaten by Harlan and Weltin in moto 2.
9 overall, 2 spots behind Bloss.
I'm sure Regan and Hoffman already have their checkbook out.
And that Roczen would be more than happy to say bye to the last year of his RedBull contract.

CPan
9/8/2022 3:55am
Mavetism wrote:
Call me crazy but with all the rumours going around with Kenny, Red Bull and Honda.. Could there be any chance that Ken races WSX, then...
KONG wrote:
I'm sure his Fox Raceway amazing results make him Star's first choice to replace Tomac for 2023 outdoors. 8/13, more than 2mns back. Beaten by Harlan...
I'm sure his Fox Raceway amazing results make him Star's first choice to replace Tomac for 2023 outdoors.
And that Roczen would be more than happy to say bye to the last year of his RedBull contract.

Good enough to secure 4th in the championship… ahead of any other Star rider.
ATKpilot99
9/8/2022 4:29am
Mavetism wrote:
KONG wrote:
I'm sure his Fox Raceway amazing results make him Star's first choice to replace Tomac for 2023 outdoors. 8/13, more than 2mns back. Beaten by Harlan...

It seems like Roczen was just mailing it in the last 3rd or so of the season . Understandable I guess but still not a good look .
KONG
9/8/2022 4:32am
Star has two consecutive outdoor titles with two different riders.
I'm sure an agonizing diva is just what they need.
Wink
Mavetism
9/8/2022 5:01am
KONG wrote:
Wink
Damn, did Kenny steal your cat or smth?
CPR
9/8/2022 5:46am
KONG wrote:
Wink
Are you referring to yourself?
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2763rd
9/8/2022 6:29am
i can see KR pulling a Bubba. Remember that last post by Bubba back in the day that said "I'm coming back and am going to kick ass and nobody will stop me!" and then he vanished for 5 years? I could totally see KR doing that. He'll talk all this hype, then he doesn't get the deal he wants or has another mystery illness and he falls off the face of the earth. Don't know why, but I don't think HE believes his hype any more and his confidence is wrecked. MX was not too kind to him as a guy that is accustomed to being one of the top 3.
KirbStomp
Fantasy
2191st
9/8/2022 7:17am
i can see KR pulling a Bubba. Remember that last post by Bubba back in the day that said "I'm coming back and am going to...
i can see KR pulling a Bubba. Remember that last post by Bubba back in the day that said "I'm coming back and am going to kick ass and nobody will stop me!" and then he vanished for 5 years? I could totally see KR doing that. He'll talk all this hype, then he doesn't get the deal he wants or has another mystery illness and he falls off the face of the earth. Don't know why, but I don't think HE believes his hype any more and his confidence is wrecked. MX was not too kind to him as a guy that is accustomed to being one of the top 3.
Everyone says "mystery" illness but you have to understand that after his 10 straight surgeries on his arm or whatever that he spent so much time on antibiotics that he essentially no longer has an immune system. Its a real thing. He pretty much has an autoimmune disorder due to it all. The little colds we get are much harder on him, and as a result I don't think he's ever gonna contend outdoors again. It's unfortunate. The speed is still there, he'll just never be able to sustain it. SX is much more forgiving and he's still capable of winning any night. But his value to teams has certainly taken a hit.
FerCzD
9/8/2022 7:18am
i can see KR pulling a Bubba. Remember that last post by Bubba back in the day that said "I'm coming back and am going to...
He likes attention too much to be gone from IG. But I do see him throwing him tantrums on how he was mistreated by the "industry".
Wil Denis
9/8/2022 9:41am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2022 10:19am
tek14 wrote:
World Championship _series_.. and 2 races. Branding 2 clubraces to world championship is joke.
I agree it’s a bit cheesy labeling this years series as a world championship if it’s now down to 2 rounds. Surely they could think of something better, but the series has to start somewhere.
I don’t know why there is so much hate for it, once it gets going, it’s good for fans, and good for privateers on the cusp that then get to step up and get a ride.
Alot of the World Series isn’t even dragging to many AMA riders away. You get guys back racing like Seely, Reed, Grant etc.

Is it an ego pride thing for it been labeled a World Series or world championship.
If it was NOT labeled World Series then would all the haters still be hating?
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2763rd
9/8/2022 11:58am
KirbStomp wrote:
Everyone says "mystery" illness but you have to understand that after his 10 straight surgeries on his arm or whatever that he spent so much time...
Everyone says "mystery" illness but you have to understand that after his 10 straight surgeries on his arm or whatever that he spent so much time on antibiotics that he essentially no longer has an immune system. Its a real thing. He pretty much has an autoimmune disorder due to it all. The little colds we get are much harder on him, and as a result I don't think he's ever gonna contend outdoors again. It's unfortunate. The speed is still there, he'll just never be able to sustain it. SX is much more forgiving and he's still capable of winning any night. But his value to teams has certainly taken a hit.
don't disagree - i know it's been a rough road for him. I suppose the pattern with him has been Step 1: "I FEEL AMAZING AND AM GOING TO KICK ASS" and then Step 2: get 5th and then Step 3: "Well, I had something weird going on with me in the past few weeks, so just wasn't doing great"

It was beyond predictable.

we'll see, I suppose. But I still say he could just up and retire at any point. The MX series was not kind to him. I know he got 4th, but he mailed in the last half of the season and dropped anchor weekly.
Dirt.Squirt
9/8/2022 12:12pm
Gravel wrote:
They’ll put the R back into Motorcross next..
Already have just not on paper
fourfourone
9/8/2022 12:12pm
Maybe he priced himself out of the market for these races. Asking top tier money for being a 2nd tier rider.
KONG
9/8/2022 12:13pm
Hooo, sorry I ruffled some feathers, lol...
If you can't see Roczen's been done for a while, you're either Ray Charles, Ken or Courtney.

KONG
9/8/2022 12:18pm
CPR wrote:
Are you referring to yourself?
No, although I would have loved to be able to beat Sexton.
Laughing
KONG
9/8/2022 12:26pm
KirbStomp wrote:
Everyone says "mystery" illness but you have to understand that after his 10 straight surgeries on his arm or whatever that he spent so much time...
Thanks for stating the obvious that no one wants to acknowledge: Roczen's is dealing with permanent after effects.
His body won't let him be the racer he once was and his frustration leads his official communication to be more and more in denial.
Gravel
9/8/2022 6:01pm
I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago..

I’d like to see KR take a page from Kevin Windhams last couple of years. Change the expectations and let his personality show, do promotion stuff for the series and take the public attitude of “these young guys are amazing, I’ll be totally happy with a top ten”. If he does that, and if it comes across as genuine, when he gets a 5th he can celebrate and get good press for his sponsors instead of looking like a bike blaming collection of excuses.

He’s got an amazing story of perseverance and determination, it just gets lost in noise. I’d like to see him just relax and enjoy where he’s at and what he’s accomplished.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/8/2022 6:12pm
Gravel wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago.. I’d like to see KR take a page from Kevin Windhams last couple of years. Change...

I’d like to see KR take a page from Kevin Windhams last couple of years. Change the expectations and let his personality show, do promotion stuff for the series and take the public attitude of “these young guys are amazing, I’ll be totally happy with a top ten”. If he does that, and if it comes across as genuine, when he gets a 5th he can celebrate and get good press for his sponsors instead of looking like a bike blaming collection of excuses.

He’s got an amazing story of perseverance and determination, it just gets lost in noise. I’d like to see him just relax and enjoy where he’s at and what he’s accomplished.
He doesn't get paid over $1million base salary a year for that.
Gravel
9/8/2022 7:51pm
Gravel wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago.. I’d like to see KR take a page from Kevin Windhams last couple of years. Change...

early wrote:
He doesn't get paid over $1million base salary a year for that.
He’s not gonna get that kind of money for much (any?) longer based on his recent results.

I’m just thinking he could get most of the money and be happy for a few more years, racing without the pressure he puts on himself to win all the time.
CPan
9/14/2022 5:24pm
Redbull just announced Roczen will race straight rhythm, which is right in the middle of the WSX schedule.

Post a reply to: Will Roczen race WSX?

The Latest