Why does Steinke Really Ride The 125??

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2016 11:40 PM

Why does he really ride the 125 outdoors? I can't come to a conclusion, and there are a few things that people keep throwing out. One reason may be for just the "fun" factor, but why show up to a pro national just for fun and not compete for the best result possible? If he wanted to ride a 125 he could do so on a practice day for way less. Another reason may be for the exposure. People know who that 125 guy who got 30th is, but couldn't name the guys who got 11th-40th. Maybe the bikes are free and someone or some sponsors are paying for the bikes and entry fees to race and that might be his only means of actually getting to the races. I can't see putting yourself at a disadvantage on a 125 in the 250f class just for fun. If anybody has an actual answer or theory let me know! I'm really curious about it.

|

6/1/2016 11:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2016 11:51 PM

Jesus christ.

Bored today?

|

6/2/2016 12:04 AM

You answered all your own question's correctly. Well, almost.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/2/2016 12:10 AM

Photo

|

6/2/2016 12:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2016 12:21 AM

Chicks love the smell of pre mix. He does it for the chicks. Chicks do not like the smell of straight race gas from a factory four stroke. So to answer your question , he does it for the chicks.

I once road a 125 two banger and had multiple offers of sex from hot chicks. I road a four stroke the same day and no chicks wanted to have sexy time with me. True story...

|

6/2/2016 12:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2016 12:54 AM

KiwiBermRailer wrote:

Chicks love the smell of pre mix. He does it for the chicks. Chicks do not like the smell of straight race gas from a factory four stroke. So to answer your question , he does it for the chicks.

I once road a 125 two banger and had multiple offers of sex from hot chicks. I road a four stroke the same day and no chicks wanted to have sexy time with me. True story...

Lol, and don't forget the free mustache rides. laughing That is also a true story.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/2/2016 12:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2016 12:56 AM

You answered your own question: exposure. Nobody would notice him if he was on a 250F in 19th place but everybody pays attention when he gets 30th on a 125.

Also, because he is a badass that gives no fucks.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

6/2/2016 3:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2016 3:29 AM

He rides it so you can make more retarded threads. Just keep on keepin on OP you'll get a star sticker one of these days.

|

6/2/2016 3:26 AM

"Marcus Beasley wrote:"

Why does he really ride the 125 outdoors?

........Because he can.

|

2020.5 KTM Cairoli Factory Edition 5.7hrs
2019 Alta Redshift MXR - 0.9hrs!.
2020 KTM 250 SX 5hrs.

imoto34 wrote:
Look at all that torque. The kid on the lawnmower may have laughed so hard he shat his pants.

6/2/2016 4:17 AM

If you go back to last year's threads, I think you will discover that he originally had a 3 race deal with Thermotec to ride a YZ125. I believe it was because Thermotec wanted to get some exposure for a product called Cool-it, and approached Gared about doing it.

|

6/2/2016 4:30 AM

jj welks wrote:

He rides it so you can make more retarded threads. Just keep on keepin on OP you'll get a star sticker one of these days.

Watch out man, there's strict rules about who can and can't determine if a thread is worthless around here laughing

|

6/2/2016 4:45 AM

He wants to party like it's 1999 .

|

6/2/2016 5:16 AM

Same reason so many people are buying and building 125's. They are so much fun even at his level. OP if you don't have one get one and give it a whirl.

|

6/2/2016 5:17 AM

To make you ask questions...

|

6/2/2016 5:26 AM

No one knows. I asked him that question at Hangtown and he socked me in the jaw.

|

6/2/2016 5:27 AM

Maybe he's just having fun racing a 125?

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

6/2/2016 5:30 AM

Well thank you to the ones who actually took this thread seriously and a few of the non serious replies were funny as well. I was just curious as to why he is really doing it. I wasn't trying to make a "retarded" thread at all, and I figured this was the place to post it because everyone here loves motocross. I think vital is really cool because it's one of the only places to talk moto online with others, but some people on here act like children. Oh well, it's the internet hahaha

|

6/2/2016 5:35 AM

Marcus I'm 58 and race a 125 in the vet classes, all the guys are on 450's sometimes I get smoked but I really have a lot of fun while the 450 guys get all pissed off and take it way to serious, I didn't think it was a dumb post

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

6/2/2016 5:38 AM

Because he has a bitchin' moustache and he already had the 927 to keep that sucker primo for the ladies.

|

6/2/2016 5:51 AM

I use to think that replying was a good monitoring system. However maybe it isn't effective anyway and god forbid you tell the wrong person their thread suckspinch

|

6/2/2016 6:07 AM

Because he knows 125s rip bro...and you get more tail.

|

6/2/2016 6:29 AM

Cause every time he goes by there ain't a dry seat in the stands. Plus, chicks dig animal print.

|

What comes around is all around

6/2/2016 6:59 AM

In

|

Mike

Thanks to all the people that have not beaten me to death yet!

6/2/2016 8:49 AM

Photo

|

6/2/2016 8:54 AM

He got your attention enough to post a thread about him didn't he? Mission accomplished.

|

6/2/2016 8:55 AM

Fearo wrote:

You answered your own question: exposure. Nobody would notice him if he was on a 250F in 19th place but everybody pays attention when he gets 30th on a 125.

Also, because he is a badass that gives no fucks.

This.

I'd sent one of our engineers to Hangtown and the 1st text I got from him was,"Who's the guy on the Husky 125?!"

Myself, I noticed A LOT of people commenting and sharing The Stoke when they saw him go flying up the hill at Glen Helen (Jumping The Gap) and it was AWESOME to hear that thing go by.

I -REALLY- wish he'd work that program just a little harder and get up in to the points. I believe he needs to get a little more serious and train a little harder. He CAN do it. His natural skills and ability are EPIC. I saw that during AX.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

6/2/2016 9:50 AM

some people ride and race for more than just to be the best ever. watching him send that big gap was straight up lady-boner material. simultaneous wet panties in a 5 mile radius.

|

6/2/2016 9:59 AM

TailSoHard wrote:

Cause every time he goes by there ain't a dry seat in the stands. Plus, chicks dig animal print.

Steinke's team needs to approach Kotex and Gold Bond for some untapped promotional value.

|

6/2/2016 10:08 AM

I like to think he's doing it for all the two stroke rippers out there.

|

6/2/2016 10:15 AM

TailSoHard wrote:

NV825 wrote:

Steinke's team needs to approach Kotex and Gold Bond for some untapped promotional value.

So it sounds like most of us are on the same page: 2 strokes is all it takes to get the panties dropping cool

We should start calling it the Musky 125

|

What comes around is all around