What Tire Is Good????

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2021 2:25 PM

Guys,
What tire are you all running? I have been waiting on a Dunlop MX33 (110/90-19) for a bit and am thinking about trying something different. What have you found is similar to the MX33 that lasts? I ride at Red Bud type tracks (intermediate/ soft terrain). The MX33 has been my favorite tire so far....

|

6/14/2021 2:29 PM

How is the Bridgestone Battlecross X30? Does it last?

|

6/14/2021 2:29 PM

Pirelli MX32 or Maxxcross SI if you want to sacrifice some performance for longevity.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

6/14/2021 2:30 PM

Michelin.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/14/2021 2:35 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Michelin.

Starcross medium?

|

6/14/2021 2:35 PM

A new one...

As a motocross trainer I often get this question from riders or parents.... What is the best bike or what is your favorite bike. My standard answer is, "A new one."

|

6/14/2021 2:38 PM

Starcross soft in front and medium in the back is the best combo i have tried on any type of dirt

|

6/14/2021 2:47 PM

Hoosier IMX25 rear MX25s front

|

6/14/2021 3:01 PM

Michelin Starcross are great tires

|

6/14/2021 3:08 PM

They’re all good. I prefer the Dunlop. But any soft/int tire will suit you fine if you can’t get the best.

|

6/14/2021 3:09 PM

People may poke fun at these because there isn't a "cool factor" with cheaper tire brands, but I've had great luck with Shinko. I really like the 524/525 front/rear combination. I ride lots of different terrain from rocky/rooty off road to track days...I think they are good across a wide range of conditions and are very affordable. Affordable enough I can change the rears out every 20 hours.

|

6/14/2021 3:28 PM

OldManIdaho wrote:

People may poke fun at these because there isn't a "cool factor" with cheaper tire brands, but I've had great luck with ...more

Heavy though....

OP, give a Starcross Medium rear a try, I bet you'll like it.

|

6/14/2021 3:36 PM

Rotella.

|

6/14/2021 3:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2021 8:25 AM

Recently ran a Washougal III front in Baja as recommended by a guy we call “11 Time”…that’s how many times he’s -won- the Baja 1000…
It was excellent in the sand AND everything-else, too.

Edit: it's a Washougal III -NOT- a Millville III. My bad!

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

6/14/2021 3:41 PM

Moto520 wrote:

Starcross medium?

If it was me, I'd run the mediums. Baton Rouge also mentioned a great combo with soft front and medium rear.

We ran Michelin for years and prefered them over Dunlop. Not that Dunlop is a bad tire because it isn't, we just found the Michelin lasted longer.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/14/2021 3:49 PM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Rotella.

After you pour that in do you clean your air filter with gas? laughing

|

6/14/2021 4:07 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Recently ran a Washougal III front in Baja as recommended by a guy we call “11 Time”…that’s how many times he’s -won- the Baja ...more

Larry? Friend of mine had one of his last kx500s. It had 15/42 gearing. Lol

|

6/14/2021 4:16 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Recently ran a Washougal III front in Baja as recommended by a guy we call “11 Time”…that’s how many times he’s -won- the Baja ...more

How did it feel at highspeeds? I have heard the softer carcass of a Kenda flexes more than other brands at high speeds or big hits at an MX track, I've been interested in trying a set.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

6/14/2021 4:19 PM

Hoosier imx 25

|

6/14/2021 4:26 PM

I ride all the same tracks you do. Jmx, mendota, casey ,ltmx, byron, sunset ect. Try the Hoosier mx25 or mx30. They work great everywhere except for obvious reasons leisure time. The only negative I can think of is I do use one extra set a year versus when I ran Dunlop, Michelin, Pirelli tires. If you want to try them out I can usually get $25 off a set of tires 4 people from Hoosier Tire West who takes care of me. Usually they are at my door it's 72 hours.

|

6/14/2021 4:36 PM

Moto520 wrote:

How is the Bridgestone Battlecross X30? Does it last?

Yes they last but are not great for hooking up and a little heavier than the average mx tire. X20 are better but will not last as long. Have you tried the mx53?

|

6/14/2021 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2021 5:40 AM

For me, it was very subjective. I always tried a different brand until I found the best fit for me. My search began when the Dunlop 756 was discontinued. In the end, the Michelin Starcross 5 Medium became my current favorite for all around use.

|

Bret Bonham

6/14/2021 4:57 PM

Bridgestone M59 up front. Always.
Pirelli mx32 is also a very good tire, comparable to a Dunlop mx33 in my opinion. Front mx32 likes to chunk knobs however.

|

6/14/2021 5:13 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

How did it feel at highspeeds? I have heard the softer carcass of a Kenda flexes more than other brands at high speeds or big ...more

I was wondering that too. I bought a 65 for my son and it had Millville 2’s on it. Carcass feels super soft

|

6/14/2021 6:15 PM

Bridgestone x20 front and rear.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

6/14/2021 6:33 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

toomanykaws wrote:

Johnny

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

6/14/2021 6:35 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Rickyisms wrote:

How did it feel at highspeeds? I have heard the softer carcass of a Kenda flexes more than other brands at high speeds or big ...more

6th gear on a heavy assed JCR Speed prepared New Gen Honda X…on the race course into Independencia…

In other words: EXCELLENT

|

6/14/2021 6:36 PM

garagedog wrote:

Yes they last but are not great for hooking up and a little heavier than the average mx tire. X20 are better but will not last ...more

Yes…..that is a good tire. We have sand out here. The MX53 doesn’t dig in as well in the softer stuff (obviously). It’s good for everything else and has always been my second choice

|

6/14/2021 6:39 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

toomanykaws wrote:

And these guys were running the Kenda Parker
Ricky B
Photo
Nacho C
Photo
Superhero Dakar Bad Asses

|

6/14/2021 7:11 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Rickyisms wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

6th gear on a heavy assed JCR Speed prepared New Gen Honda X…on the race course into Independencia…

In other words: EXCELLENT ...more

I'm sold.

|