To Daniel and Ricky

moto_on
Edited Date/Time 2/6/2022 9:51pm
Do you understand what announcing is? Its calling the live physical action on the track at the current time. Not playing hypothetical games and storylines about a rider not even on the screen. The drama is on the track already just call it!! I was so impressed with how those guys were hitting the long rythm section. Seat bouncing the balls outta the first triple right outta the corner then nailing the next two. Thats not easy to do at all. Why not tell us how damn tough that is or how fast Anderson closed on Tomac. Where he was making up time ect. For god sakes up the enthusiasm! Not everything needs to be a damn story.
|
Johnny Ringo
2/6/2022 6:25am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2022 6:27am
You want them to explain to you how they are seat bouncing a triple? Watch a Gary semics video.
moto_on
2/6/2022 6:34am
You want them to explain to you how they are seat bouncing a triple? Watch a Gary semics video.
No i know how they are doing it and i like Daniel and Ricky was my idol growing up i just want them to call the race action, passes ect instead of making up storylines. Like im watching the race screaming at the tv as a pass is being made and Daniel goes ok on to the next like the pass wasn't significant at all. Its just a strange way to call a race and im not a fan.
2/6/2022 6:57am
Same reason they don’t tell us how difficult it is for nascar racers to go 3 wide at 190mph every race, we already know it’s difficult.

Would you want them to break down what seat bouncing is, how it helps, and how difficult it is mid race for the new viewers, or should they save that for a science of supercross section? Either way, I’m sure you’ll complain.

The Shop

moto_on
2/6/2022 7:22am
Same reason they don’t tell us how difficult it is for nascar racers to go 3 wide at 190mph every race, we already know it’s difficult...
Same reason they don’t tell us how difficult it is for nascar racers to go 3 wide at 190mph every race, we already know it’s difficult.

Would you want them to break down what seat bouncing is, how it helps, and how difficult it is mid race for the new viewers, or should they save that for a science of supercross section? Either way, I’m sure you’ll complain.
Please tell me why its important to talk about Chase having a rough week last week while he is literally making a pass? Or any other example. Why cant they just call the action? Inside, outside ect. Ive called local races before its not hard at all. Its only hard because they have stupid storylines to follow rather then sticking to the race on the track.
lisenbyjacob
2/6/2022 7:32am
Blame the producers if you want to blame anybody. Those guys are just rolling with the punches. Like how they had to jump into explaining 3 different JA and KR passes from previous weeks while there was a battle literally happening in real time that we were denied from seeing.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/6/2022 7:37am
Blame the producers if you want to blame anybody. Those guys are just rolling with the punches. Like how they had to jump into explaining 3...
Blame the producers if you want to blame anybody. Those guys are just rolling with the punches. Like how they had to jump into explaining 3 different JA and KR passes from previous weeks while there was a battle literally happening in real time that we were denied from seeing.
The shittiest part about that whole thing was the fact that they put it on full screen during a short main event.
moto_on
2/6/2022 7:46am
Blame the producers if you want to blame anybody. Those guys are just rolling with the punches. Like how they had to jump into explaining 3...
Im convinced nobody wants to watch Bar banging action anymore and would be more content if the production was like a soap opera. Its almost like the fake made up drama is first and the actual racing doesnt even matter.
nickm
2/6/2022 8:04am
Daniel and Ricky combo is the best we've seen so far in SX. Daniel is the right guy for the job.

The NBC induced drama is something you need to point the finger at NBC for - not Daniel and Ricky. Its classic NBC sports coverage "grew up facing tough times/family drama/athlete overcame all this hardship/look at the hero they are today". Watch the Olympics and you see this same dramatic NBC storyline play out over and over again.
moto_on
2/6/2022 8:20am
nickm wrote:
Daniel and Ricky combo is the best we've seen so far in SX. Daniel is the right guy for the job. The NBC induced drama is...
Daniel and Ricky combo is the best we've seen so far in SX. Daniel is the right guy for the job.

The NBC induced drama is something you need to point the finger at NBC for - not Daniel and Ricky. Its classic NBC sports coverage "grew up facing tough times/family drama/athlete overcame all this hardship/look at the hero they are today". Watch the Olympics and you see this same dramatic NBC storyline play out over and over again.
Ya that makes a ton of sense. Since NBC took over it has just gone full story line hero, warrior cringe. Almost like a show vs a race. Bring back Speed tv.
tiddlermx23
2/6/2022 8:31am
Not because they're bad but I honestly couldn't tell you one thing they said last night. The wife and I are commenting throughout so much we don't even pay them any attention anymore.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
2/6/2022 8:58am
My moto watching needs must be easily satisfied. Come here each day after a race to see so many whiners bringing up stuff I don't notice or care about. As far as I'm concerned, way too many folks easily triggered to go into whiner mode . Sometimes I wonder if it's to get attention?
lestat
2/6/2022 9:00am
All the hero worship bro down drama storylines need to go away when actual racing is happening .

OP is right .
Mr. Afterbar
2/6/2022 9:02am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2022 9:12am
moto_on wrote:
Im convinced nobody wants to watch Bar banging action anymore and would be more content if the production was like a soap opera. Its almost like...
Im convinced nobody wants to watch Bar banging action anymore and would be more content if the production was like a soap opera. Its almost like the fake made up drama is first and the actual racing doesnt even matter.
You are 100% correct. The production is not good and the crew is only concerned about drama and story lines. Now add Blair to the mix… he’s a drama queen and openly admits it. It’s getting hard to stay awake between races. There is absolutely nothing worth watching for other than the races now. At least they talked to a mechanic or showed a bike every now and then in the 90’s. Nothing but a big drama fest now.

Edited to add that this is not whining or complaining. I will watch no matter what and am simply adding my thoughts to the conversation when prompted to think about it due to the thread.
yz133rider
2/6/2022 11:24am
moto_on wrote:
Do you understand what announcing is? Its calling the live physical action on the track at the current time. Not playing hypothetical games and storylines about...
Do you understand what announcing is? Its calling the live physical action on the track at the current time. Not playing hypothetical games and storylines about a rider not even on the screen. The drama is on the track already just call it!! I was so impressed with how those guys were hitting the long rythm section. Seat bouncing the balls outta the first triple right outta the corner then nailing the next two. Thats not easy to do at all. Why not tell us how damn tough that is or how fast Anderson closed on Tomac. Where he was making up time ect. For god sakes up the enthusiasm! Not everything needs to be a damn story.
I agree 100%. They don’t even attempt to call the race. They just tell stories, and theories and non stop bs.

Listen to Paul Malin call a race, the difference is unbelievable.
moto_on
2/6/2022 11:47am
moto_on wrote:
Do you understand what announcing is? Its calling the live physical action on the track at the current time. Not playing hypothetical games and storylines about...
yz133rider wrote:
I agree 100%. They don’t even attempt to call the race. They just tell stories, and theories and non stop bs. Listen to Paul Malin call...
I agree 100%. They don’t even attempt to call the race. They just tell stories, and theories and non stop bs.

Listen to Paul Malin call a race, the difference is unbelievable.
Its like listening to two highschool girls gossip compared to Malin. Malin is a legend.
Roczoff
2/6/2022 11:59am
RC slaughters the English language. Pretty sure I heard him say "staring him down the throat" recently. It's distracting. Emig was much better.
CPR
2/6/2022 7:10pm
Agree with the OP.
There is no need to be telling barely relevant stories or showing previous weeks replays DURING the racing.
Tim271
Fantasy
4471st
2/6/2022 7:52pm
Bring back Ralph an emig!!

Post a reply to: To Daniel and Ricky

The Latest