The Hate List

alexk417
9/19/2016 5:55am
alexk417 wrote:
I actually really hate washing my bike because I'm so OCD, it's a curse. Pull seat, insert airbox cover, probably pull side panels and maybe shrouds...
I actually really hate washing my bike because I'm so OCD, it's a curse. Pull seat, insert airbox cover, probably pull side panels and maybe shrouds, lay on both sides, SOS engine, lube chain, air compress dry, towel dry engine and inner panels, WD-40 pipe, wipe between spokes, SC1 then wipe, sometimes lift the tank and clean under that...such a process. Especially after getting home really late.

Tires aren't all that bad, unless they're on black rims, or it's cold. Pinch
This!! I was just about to write all of it until you did it for me. It always adds an hour & a half to my...
This!! I was just about to write all of it until you did it for me. It always adds an hour & a half to my trip home! I live in an apartment, so I have to stop by a car wash, unload the bike, wash/detail, load back up, drive home & unload again. Then I have to wash all my gear, my helmet padding 7 goggles, then hang dry all of it above a floor fan. Then my boys make fun of me because my bike always looks brand new Dizzy
Oh man - Apartment life brings a whole new element of hate...Been there, still there for the time being, it sucks.

Not to mention after doing ALL of the above, I'm likely to just clean the air filter too since it's already out.

All worth it though when you're at the track.
9/19/2016 6:45am
alexk417 wrote:
I actually really hate washing my bike because I'm so OCD, it's a curse. Pull seat, insert airbox cover, probably pull side panels and maybe shrouds...
I actually really hate washing my bike because I'm so OCD, it's a curse. Pull seat, insert airbox cover, probably pull side panels and maybe shrouds, lay on both sides, SOS engine, lube chain, air compress dry, towel dry engine and inner panels, WD-40 pipe, wipe between spokes, SC1 then wipe, sometimes lift the tank and clean under that...such a process. Especially after getting home really late.

Tires aren't all that bad, unless they're on black rims, or it's cold. Pinch
This!! I was just about to write all of it until you did it for me. It always adds an hour & a half to my...
This!! I was just about to write all of it until you did it for me. It always adds an hour & a half to my trip home! I live in an apartment, so I have to stop by a car wash, unload the bike, wash/detail, load back up, drive home & unload again. Then I have to wash all my gear, my helmet padding 7 goggles, then hang dry all of it above a floor fan. Then my boys make fun of me because my bike always looks brand new Dizzy
I feel your pain. Apartment life sucks I'm just glad I'm finally on the ground floor.

Boots and bike get washed at the car wash. Goggles in the washing machine on hand wash cycle. Then stacked in the dish rack to dry with a fan blowing in them. Chest protector put it on and take a shower.

No toil filter oil is a dream come true and they get washed in the kitchen sink. Takes very little effort to clean with oxyclean. In a pinch if I need them to dry quick I will sting them up in the ceiling fan and let them spin for a couple hours lol. Could probably do the same with goggles.
mumbles
Fantasy
842nd
9/19/2016 7:00am
I'm with Newman on this one. I don't know why but I have never been able to change tires without pinching tubes. I've watched all the videos. It's never that easy.

I bought a set of the new MIchelin Starcross 5 tires and they do go on easier.
mjskier
9/19/2016 7:05am
Ewan wrote:
I really don't mind replacing tyres at all, or anything really on my MX bikes. Working on modern trials bikes, that's another thing altogether. Pulling a...
I really don't mind replacing tyres at all, or anything really on my MX bikes.

Working on modern trials bikes, that's another thing altogether. Pulling a carb out of a Scorpa SY is the biggest pain in the ass out of anything in my garage.
That!
I had a 300 GasGas and you needed child sized hands to get to anything.

The Shop

JW381
9/19/2016 7:07am
Yup. Absolutely hate swapping treads. I also don't do electrical.
downard254
9/19/2016 7:13am
On the tire thing. Years ago I helped a friend change the rear tire on his KX 80. He bought a Chen Shin and I swear on all that is holy, that the tire was actually a 13.5" tire for his 14' rim. The explatives were flying that day I tell you.
maicocd
9/19/2016 7:41am
I'm joining the discussion on page 3 of this thread-- so I can hardly be original-- but I've always hated tire changing with a passion.

I've bought every tire gadget and gizmo developed over the years to make the task even slightly easier and I still always end up with bloody knuckles and will ultimately resort to potty language and the hissy-fits mostly becoming a toddler...

Also funny how we all share similar experiences-- like many have mentioned-- my father changed tires with screwdrivers and always displayed the patience of a saint. I still tell him it was just easier when he did it for me!!

Coming in a distant second from tire changing but still one I dread is fork seal replacement. I cant tell you how many "last rides" I try to milk out before breaking down to change them...
Polarbear332
Fantasy
625th
9/19/2016 7:53am
kkawboy14 wrote:
I hate mud!
X2! Drove out to a track yesterday and was greeted with standing water on over 1/2 the track. I even talked to the owner early in the day and he said track isn't too bad, and will be perfect once the sun gets over top of it. Needless to say, track was soppy all day and nothing like waiting all week to ride and only having a muddy track to turn laps on!

I might even hate cleaning the bike after riding in the mud than riding in the mud. Only $20 at the car wash to get it somewhat clean!
CamP
9/19/2016 8:08am
I hate black gumbo dirt.
JMX82
9/19/2016 8:16am
Brad460 wrote:
Anyone swap out some ice tires?! Now that's a nightmare! Pinch
That is the number one thing on my hate list. Studded tires have really stiff carcass and u can cut yourself really easily with sharp edges of the studs. I bought second set of just because I don't want do that too often.

Washing dirty air filters is a pain in ass too. I would rather change a piston to a two stroke than do that.
gt80rider
9/19/2016 8:27am
I have always got along well with changing tires on an mx bike.... atv tires are the ones i hate with a passion...
Kawi4life
9/19/2016 8:50am
My top hate list is having the want to ride but no place to ride....
MaicoJC1
9/19/2016 9:41am
tydog wrote:
Agreed Joe, they suck. What really sucks is the temptation of another vintage project, but I'm weak for the old shit!
MaicoJC1 wrote:
...temptation of another vintage project, but I'm weak for the old shit!...x1
newmann wrote:
You should hitch a ride with Tydog from Atlanta and come get some Maicos. Then both of you could have new projects.Smile
Ha, yeah your right! Maicos=kryptonite.

Post a reply to: The Hate List

The Latest