Thailand GP Practice / Quali Discussion

jeffro503
3/7/2015 11:12am
I think if everyone stays up right , has descent starts.....RV should do very well. Without a great start , coming through the pack can and will be tough. There is no Guarantee that RV will win it......so many other variable in play here. I still thing CD25 has better lap times in him , and I also think AC222 , GP21 , MN12 and KS22 will all be strong today. It is nice to see RV have a great turn around from last week though.
3/7/2015 11:27am
mx691 wrote:
So, i guess its allright then to run the SX series finals at a hockeyrink in nebraska, (just an example) arenacross style.... Same track for everyone...
So, i guess its allright then to run the SX series finals at a hockeyrink in nebraska, (just an example) arenacross style....
Same track for everyone and the people in Lincoln Nebraska probably love supercross...
Sorry nebraska, just picked a state...
Is this a final ? This is the second race of the season? Why not bring motocross to remote places of the world? Why just for the European countries or USA ? Come´on man. Bitching about track and places when its equal for everyone its ridicolous, ofc they can prepp the track better but bottom line is that people of thailand will embrace this and it will only grow bigger, why do you think US riders get invites to ride of season races in Thailand and Qatar ? They want to see the big names just like everyone else. This sport is for everyone, its all about the promoters blame them for building a track that dont suit your flavor.
sclark309d
Fantasy
1880th
3/7/2015 11:30am
TripleFive wrote:
Check out the top 6 in order: Kaw Suz Hon KTM Hus Yam

Parody.
WFO! wrote:
parity
TripleFive wrote:
YIKES!

I even contemplated spelling it that way too. "No that can't be right."
parody
any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.

Maybe TripleFive got it right after all
mx691
Fantasy
1141st
3/7/2015 11:39am
mx691 wrote:
So, i guess its allright then to run the SX series finals at a hockeyrink in nebraska, (just an example) arenacross style.... Same track for everyone...
So, i guess its allright then to run the SX series finals at a hockeyrink in nebraska, (just an example) arenacross style....
Same track for everyone and the people in Lincoln Nebraska probably love supercross...
Sorry nebraska, just picked a state...
Is this a final ? This is the second race of the season? Why not bring motocross to remote places of the world? Why just for...
Is this a final ? This is the second race of the season? Why not bring motocross to remote places of the world? Why just for the European countries or USA ? Come´on man. Bitching about track and places when its equal for everyone its ridicolous, ofc they can prepp the track better but bottom line is that people of thailand will embrace this and it will only grow bigger, why do you think US riders get invites to ride of season races in Thailand and Qatar ? They want to see the big names just like everyone else. This sport is for everyone, its all about the promoters blame them for building a track that dont suit your flavor.
Its a event "without spectators" on a very poor manmade track in a country with no motocross herritage what so ever.
Dont tell me its good for the sport. Sure, put on a high dollar event in a djungle somewhere but not a race in a GP series.

Many people thought the canadian sx rounds were kinda sucking, this is 100 x worse.

My 2€ cents, enough of this crap.

The Shop

3/7/2015 11:42am
uk125250 wrote:
Why do they make DeDycker ride an 85?
Funny you said that, he did a couple of years ago fo a fun race haha!

3/7/2015 11:46am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 11:58am
mx691 wrote:
Its a event "without spectators" on a very poor manmade track in a country with no motocross herritage what so ever. Dont tell me its good...
Its a event "without spectators" on a very poor manmade track in a country with no motocross herritage what so ever.
Dont tell me its good for the sport. Sure, put on a high dollar event in a djungle somewhere but not a race in a GP series.

Many people thought the canadian sx rounds were kinda sucking, this is 100 x worse.

You and me have two different aproach on motocross. "this manmade talk is hyped up, in any profesional racing and a bad prepped track like that one in thailand it automatically turns to a man made track, people struggle cause of the heat and the track wasnt in the best condition" you write like you rode the track ?

According to Nagl the track is gnarly so what are you basing these facts on ? Motocross is according to you not for everyone only the best places in the world should be allowed to have a race.

And btw you dont have to spend anything on it cause you are obviously not even attending to the gp of Thailand? so why are you whining ?

akillerwombat
3/7/2015 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 12:10pm
Out of curiosity, why do the Euros constantly referring to Villopoto as a "SX Champ" when he clearly has an impressive "MX" resume? The corner speed he displayed yesterday was that of a MX track, and not SX bowl turns, and the way he murdered those rollers? Personally, I've vever seen anyone hit anything that fast in SX.

But I really popped on to comment at all the people referencing the "last to 8th" when comparing the two, don't do that, it means jack shit. Look at the times! I know it was just qualifying and Cairoli probably wasn't charging as hard as he could / can but if you look at the numbers...

Qatar (Villopoto):
- Stalled his bike (or tech issues at the start)
- Was taken out (not intensionally)
- Crashed once
Ended up: ~ 40 seconds behind Cairoli

Thailand (Cairoli):
- Crashed at the start.
Ended up: ~ 1:08 behind Villopoto

... I'm sure it will be a different story tomorrow, but numbers spell out a bit different of a story than they both came from last to 8th.
3/7/2015 12:08pm
Out of curiosity, why do the Euros constantly referring to Villopoto as a "SX Champ" when he clearly has an impressive "MX" resume? The corner speed...
Out of curiosity, why do the Euros constantly referring to Villopoto as a "SX Champ" when he clearly has an impressive "MX" resume? The corner speed he displayed yesterday was that of a MX track, and not SX bowl turns, and the way he murdered those rollers? Personally, I've vever seen anyone hit anything that fast in SX.

But I really popped on to comment at all the people referencing the "last to 8th" when comparing the two, don't do that, it means jack shit. Look at the times! I know it was just qualifying and Cairoli probably wasn't charging as hard as he could / can but if you look at the numbers...

Qatar (Villopoto):
- Crashed once

Thailand (Cairoli):
- Crashed at the start.

... I'm sure it will be a different story tomorrow, but numbers spell out a bit different of a story than they both came from last to 8th.
222 had a QF race to get to 1:08 behind him, RV had 30+2.

Not saying RV diddn't kill it but your comparison seems a bit off...
akillerwombat
3/7/2015 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 12:18pm
222 had a QF race to get to 1:08 behind him, RV had 30+2. Not saying RV diddn't kill it but your comparison seems a bit...
222 had a QF race to get to 1:08 behind him, RV had 30+2.

Not saying RV diddn't kill it but your comparison seems a bit off...
Oh, they're for sure far from an exact comparison... races vs qualifying, amount of time on the track, etc but being that everyone has been throwing around the "they both went from last to 8th" line quite a bit I figured those were the two stats I would try and compare... that and point out that looking at final positions compares the points they walked with for the event, not really how well they rode the track.

Regardless it'll be great racing.
DeStouwer
3/7/2015 12:15pm
Comparing tracks is the biggest bullsh*t ever. Don't get me wrong, RV can win it for me, all I want to see is good racing.

Anyway, I predict a pile up in every start tomorrow. Two starts in qualifying, two crashes. I think you should've been in top 5 today so you can't get tangled up tomorrow.
jeffro503
3/7/2015 12:15pm
Out of curiosity, why do the Euros constantly referring to Villopoto as a "SX Champ" when he clearly has an impressive "MX" resume? The corner speed...

Qatar (Villopoto):
- Crashed once

Thailand (Cairoli):
- Crashed at the start.

Actually....RV crashed 3 times in the same moto he stalled the bike in....the first moto.
mx691
Fantasy
1141st
3/7/2015 12:16pm
mx691 wrote:
Its a event "without spectators" on a very poor manmade track in a country with no motocross herritage what so ever. Dont tell me its good...

You and me have two different aproach on motocross. "this manmade talk is hyped up, in any profesional racing and a bad prepped track like that...
You and me have two different aproach on motocross. "this manmade talk is hyped up, in any profesional racing and a bad prepped track like that one in thailand it automatically turns to a man made track, people struggle cause of the heat and the track wasnt in the best condition" you write like you rode the track ?

According to Nagl the track is gnarly so what are you basing these facts on ? Motocross is according to you not for everyone only the best places in the world should be allowed to have a race.

And btw you dont have to spend anything on it cause you are obviously not even attending to the gp of Thailand? so why are you whining ?

Im been to most MXdNs since 2005, including budds creek and thunder valley.
Thunder valley sucked bad for us as spectators because it was fewer spectators than at their nats, racing was good but no "feeling" at the event. Yawn.

Ernee in 2005 was awesome. Donington kinda sucked (because of the "for the event" built track)
St d'angely was awesome, real jampacked crazy motocross crowd, partying for three days and on a proper motocrosstrack.

I will attend my home GP for the first time in years because of RV racing and hopefully crushing tbe competition.
Sweden has motocross herritage, and the 100.000 crowd there know their shit.

I dont expect Stockholm to have a proper SX race even tough they tried (but the event sucked bad), i was there.
I have been to several SX races in the US, just because i am a real mx/sx fan and i go where the action is.
Watching RC win he's last SX at St Louis was just awesome!!!

And no, not every country is qualified to have a MXGP race, GPs shouldnt be held on temporary tracks.

End.
ocscottie
3/7/2015 12:24pm
952 replies and 50,551 views...on a thread about practice. Laughing

Tonight should be fun!
Flex
3/7/2015 12:29pm
ocscottie wrote:
952 replies and 50,551 views...on a thread about practice. Laughing

Tonight should be fun!
GP bench racing has grown A LOT since last year. Finally they are getting some views and more watchers.
Crossup
3/7/2015 12:39pm
DeStouwer wrote:
This can't be good racing tomorrow on such a track... Very narrow, one-lined, difficult to pass... This is such a disgrace for a World Championship. I...
This can't be good racing tomorrow on such a track... Very narrow, one-lined, difficult to pass... This is such a disgrace for a World Championship. I really hope somebody kicks Luongo's ass so hard in a not so far future and that he and his crew are exiled from motocross for raping our beautiful sport!
RY4N37 wrote:
A lot of the riders are not happy with it being so Supercross like and slow. It's a real shame Si Racha was good. This is...
A lot of the riders are not happy with it being so Supercross like and slow. It's a real shame Si Racha was good. This is just shit, can't wait for the championship to come back to Europe onto some proper tracks
mccread wrote:
Yep..RV in his element and it shows, the supercross champ who lived in Florida on a sx style outdoor track in humidity - of course he...
Yep..RV in his element and it shows, the supercross champ who lived in Florida on a sx style outdoor track in humidity - of course he will win. Everyone knows it. He's an awesome rider, especially with that combo.

Si Racha was an awesome track though, proper motocross, such a pity they switched to a sx style track, it makes Qatar look like a natural track lol

It's funny how this suddenly proves RV is the best in the world just because he wins a heat race, as if the track has nothing to with it lol No other track is remotely like it and it is not an indication of the rest of the championship.

Just strange how AC wins a heat race and no-one says anything, Nagl does the double and doesn't mean he is the best in the world.But as soon as RV wins a heat race, they may hand him the trophy as the best in the world as if Qatar didn't count lol.

RV will dominate at this track because it suits him, he was always going to have his weekends of domination on tracks that suit his style but not every weekend will he be this dominant. Other guys will have their day too, just like Nagl did last week. It will get RV back in the points race quickly though and that will make it even more exciting at the next round!

Mccread...RV has a message for you. "Track shmack..."

3/7/2015 12:42pm
mx691 wrote:
Im been to most MXdNs since 2005, including budds creek and thunder valley. Thunder valley sucked bad for us as spectators because it was fewer spectators...
Thunder valley sucked bad for us as spectators because it was fewer spectators than at their nats, racing was good but no "feeling" at the event. Yawn.

Ernee in 2005 was awesome. Donington kinda sucked (because of the "for the event" built track)
St d'angely was awesome, real jampacked crazy motocross crowd, partying for three days and on a proper motocrosstrack.

I will attend my home GP for the first time in years because of RV racing and hopefully crushing tbe competition.

I dont expect Stockholm to have a proper SX race even tough they tried (but the event sucked bad), i was there.
I have been to several SX races in the US, just because i am a real mx/sx fan and i go where the action is.

And no, not every country is qualified to have a MXGP race, GPs shouldnt be held on temporary tracks.

End.
there is not 100 thousand at the gp of uddevalla ? I disagree i think every country should have a chance. But we got different opinions and i respect that.

Well you show some love for RV in sweden he needs it!

BUT MXDN` is way different compare to a regular GP alsoso i would not compare Ernee or St `dangely to anything else these events are badass !

I was in gothenburg with my man Josh Hansen and the track was a pile of dung but of the track was loads of fun.
DeStouwer
3/7/2015 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 12:58pm
Haven't mentioned David Philippaerts but I think he did really well in 7th. Hope he can get a bit more consistent and get into the top 10. Love that guy's style.

Btw, where was Charlier in Qualifying Race? He raced the free and time practice. Hope no injuries for him.
ATKpilot99
3/7/2015 1:03pm
mccread wrote:
Yep..RV in his element and it shows, the supercross champ who lived in Florida on a sx style outdoor track in humidity - of course he...
Yep..RV in his element and it shows, the supercross champ who lived in Florida on a sx style outdoor track in humidity - of course he will win. Everyone knows it. He's an awesome rider, especially with that combo.

Si Racha was an awesome track though, proper motocross, such a pity they switched to a sx style track, it makes Qatar look like a natural track lol

It's funny how this suddenly proves RV is the best in the world just because he wins a heat race, as if the track has nothing to with it lol No other track is remotely like it and it is not an indication of the rest of the championship.

Just strange how AC wins a heat race and no-one says anything, Nagl does the double and doesn't mean he is the best in the world.But as soon as RV wins a heat race, they may hand him the trophy as the best in the world as if Qatar didn't count lol.

RV will dominate at this track because it suits him, he was always going to have his weekends of domination on tracks that suit his style but not every weekend will he be this dominant. Other guys will have their day too, just like Nagl did last week. It will get RV back in the points race quickly though and that will make it even more exciting at the next round!

Lighten up mccread...it's just the same smack talk as last weekend only in reverse.
DA498
3/7/2015 1:05pm
1-forty-8 wrote:
So what you're saying is that it isn't hot over there and that the track is awesome?
How hot is it? You can even tell me in centigrade, I haven't seen any numbers, just hot...
DonM
3/7/2015 1:06pm
Crossup wrote:
Mccread...RV has a message for you. "Track shmack..." [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/03/07/82867/s1200_RV.jpg[/img]
Mccread...RV has a message for you. "Track shmack..."

Haha! perfect!!
Old-Man
3/7/2015 1:13pm
Watched that Q vid and RV's Bike and his attitude is night and day from last week.
ATKpilot99
3/7/2015 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 1:15pm
First off I don't believe his qualifying performance guarantees a win for RV by any stretch, anything can happen in motocross. But I really don't think a rider like RV has a "type" of track that suits him. I think once he gets into his groove he'll be a threat anywhere...yes even at Lommel.
iBobbyb
3/7/2015 1:24pm
"omg its hot, and a sx track. only reason rv2 is doing so good."

so what ive gathered from all the people saying that, is that the euros cant ride a technical track, where you have to be able to soak things up, work the bike, stay low, and keep your speed up to do the obstacles like RV can. and there pussies that need perfect temps as well.... am i interpreting that right, or am i missing something?
Question
3/7/2015 1:24pm

Regarding newly built tracks to host GPs:
For sure the spot (i.e. elevation, spectator 180° view, soil) has to be well chosen, and prep is critical/requires twice more work.
But if these factors are on line, let us also consider that top facilities are built all over the world thanks to this strategy. Example here: in Thailand, now they are 2 world level tracks to ride on, local people, if they afford to buy a bike, can train.

Therefore I am not against a mix of very established tracks and new facilities, like the Olympic Games bring in lots of investments to build new facilities. Regarding the track in Thailand, for me it looks good, I do not really understand why so many people are complaining (well except the one who got food issues that will spend the week end in the toilets!). I see lots of lines (i.e. TC from last to 8th, or Paulin from way back after a crash to 3rd, that would never happen in Locket for instance!), lots of jumps, lots of technical rythm sections, a good flow, there is a bit of dust but not much, no rocks, etc.

The only room for improvement I would suggest is it should have at least a couple big elevation changes, both to make it more MX like and to make it better for spectators, as well as very reasonable entry fees for spectators, new fans = new sales.

Kulpa
3/7/2015 1:26pm
Am I the only only one who find the live timing really, really annoying? It's the same on the internet live timing page and the broadcast...
Am I the only only one who find the live timing really, really annoying? It's the same on the internet live timing page and the broadcast - if riders haven't gone past the timing sensor that the leader's just gone past then it states "+1 lap", which is ridiculous because they're not a lap down. All they need to do is leave the previous section's time gap displayed and then update it as the guys go past the timing sensor. I would have thought this would be a simple fix, no?

Cheers
Simon

The thing started some 4-5 years ago and I also thought its a temporary thing and will be fixed for the next GP broadcast, well aparently it can't be fixed, because its been like that for 3-5 years. For now it doesn't give any more information when it started annoying me, but it sure dosen't annoy me as much as 3 years ago anymore
mx691
Fantasy
1141st
3/7/2015 1:26pm
mx691 wrote:
Im been to most MXdNs since 2005, including budds creek and thunder valley. Thunder valley sucked bad for us as spectators because it was fewer spectators...

End.
there is not 100 thousand at the gp of uddevalla ? I disagree i think every country should have a chance. But we got different opinions...
there is not 100 thousand at the gp of uddevalla ? I disagree i think every country should have a chance. But we got different opinions and i respect that.

Well you show some love for RV in sweden he needs it!

BUT MXDN` is way different compare to a regular GP alsoso i would not compare Ernee or St `dangely to anything else these events are badass !

I was in gothenburg with my man Josh Hansen and the track was a pile of dung but of the track was loads of fun.
Hehe, maybe exaggerated a bit, last year there was +22000 at Uddevalla GP, (actually a bit lame) this year it should be more with RV racing.

I respect your opinion too, BUT Qatar is a joke and Thailand is not much better.
Better to run two GPs in the US... And wake up Namur ;-)
Whatever...
jeffro503
3/7/2015 1:27pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
First off I don't believe his qualifying performance guarantees a win for RV by any stretch, anything can happen in motocross. But I really don't think...
First off I don't believe his qualifying performance guarantees a win for RV by any stretch, anything can happen in motocross. But I really don't think a rider like RV has a "type" of track that suits him. I think once he gets into his groove he'll be a threat anywhere...yes even at Lommel.

He'll dominate some tracks , others he will do ok....shoot for 3rd - 8th if possible and then there is going to be a track or two where he will struggle I think.

Places like Lommel though....that deep sand , AC222 is a master at that stuff. And if I had to put money on one of them to beat the other there....I would place it on AC. He's just that strong there. AC is usually strong every where and super consistent too. all them titles prove that.

Doesn't matter which side of the pond we all live on....we are going to be in for some great racing this year! Super excited!
3/7/2015 1:55pm
Kulpa wrote:
The thing started some 4-5 years ago and I also thought its a temporary thing and will be fixed for the next GP broadcast, well aparently...
The thing started some 4-5 years ago and I also thought its a temporary thing and will be fixed for the next GP broadcast, well aparently it can't be fixed, because its been like that for 3-5 years. For now it doesn't give any more information when it started annoying me, but it sure dosen't annoy me as much as 3 years ago anymore
Man, I'm where you were 3 years ago. It's ridiculous that they don't fix this. All they need is to change the code to display the previous time gap until the rider passes the timing sensor and then update that rider's time. They seem to manage it in every other motorsport I watch.

Simon

Post a reply to: Thailand GP Practice / Quali Discussion

The Latest