Sipes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2010 3:19 PM

Seems like a really good kid. He didn't blame anyone for lapper problem but him self.

|

Jim Martin

3/21/2010 3:22 PM

This kid's been a Super Hero in/on my "Fantasy Teams".

Badgett, too.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

3/21/2010 3:44 PM

I really wanted to see him win that one. Good on him for not blaming anyone.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

3/21/2010 3:52 PM

I was thinking the same thing when watching his podium interview. Great kid.

|

3/21/2010 4:11 PM

Good Ole Kentucky boy. It's funny. Jacob Saylor was suppose to be the big guy here in Kentucky, and then when they turned Pro, Sipes just started cleaning Saylor's clock.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

3/21/2010 4:19 PM

Easy now on Ole Sayco. They are both out there doing what we all wish we could do. I am friends with both of the guys and they are both awesome people. No need for any bashing.

|

3/21/2010 4:19 PM

He was very calm considering that was the second time he was robbed by a lapper.

|

3/21/2010 4:42 PM

Very impressed. Hope he gets a win. He deserved that one. On the other hand, very happy for Blake.

|

3/21/2010 5:10 PM

Ryan was unbelievably composed after such a disappointment and a class act. That said, he kind of screwed up this time by following the same line as the lapper and that's why he got pinched off at the top.

Now, in Indy he definitely got worked over by a lapper, who happened to be one of the guys riding out of our Warthog rig, Adam Chatfield. I felt so bad for him that I stopped by and apologized after the race. He was very cool and not blaming Adam that time either. A really nice kid.

And Jake Saylor is a good guy too, don't be bagging on him!

|

3/21/2010 5:29 PM

Classy guy for sure, and he was thisclose. Would love to see him get a win soon.

|

3/21/2010 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2010 6:19 PM

Did you guys get a chance to watch it on Speed?
As I see it: TWharton changed lines from right-to-left, when after getting the blue flag, he should have hung to the right and stayed a bit more inside the turn and the two faster guys could have gotten around the bowl in the same order.

Posters argue about the recent trend for flat corners, which would have been slippery at Dallas, but that one-lined bowl was not the best solution.

Oh, and GO RYAN SIPES!

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

3/21/2010 6:44 PM

Highsider wrote:

Did you guys get a chance to watch it on Speed?
As I see it: TWharton changed lines from right-to-left, when after getting the blue flag, he should have hung to the right and stayed a bit more inside the turn and the two faster guys could have gotten around the bowl in the same order.

Posters argue about the recent trend for flat corners, which would have been slippery at Dallas, but that one-lined bowl was not the best solution.

Oh, and GO RYAN SIPES!

i agree if the lapper would have stayed to the right it would have been all good, but no he jumps back into the fastl line a screws it up for a good rider.

|

3/21/2010 6:48 PM

Bummed for Ryan but proud of of he handled his disapointment. He and his his family are class acts.

|

3/21/2010 7:38 PM

Bauer wrote:

Ryan was unbelievably composed after such a disappointment and a class act. That said, he kind of screwed up this time by following the same line as the lapper and that's why he got pinched off at the top.

Now, in Indy he definitely got worked over by a lapper, who happened to be one of the guys riding out of our Warthog rig, Adam Chatfield. I felt so bad for him that I stopped by and apologized after the race. He was very cool and not blaming Adam that time either. A really nice kid.

And Jake Saylor is a good guy too, don't be bagging on him!

I'm always slamming Bauer, but I gotta agree with his first two sentences.

|

3/21/2010 7:48 PM

Also was impressed how he held it together on the podium after such a dissapointment to lead the entire race and have that happen, AGAIN... Props to him!

|

3/22/2010 5:29 AM

His team his having a great year. Him and Chisholm are riding really well.

|

3/22/2010 5:43 AM

Props to Ryan (and Blake) on the race at Dallas. Ryan handle it better than I would have, if I was in shoes. I would've given Tyler W a few words after the race. Either way, I do think that Tyler should have moved out of the way before that corner. He wasn't even battling for a spot at the time.

|

3/22/2010 6:18 AM

Awesome ride for Sipes anyway you cut it. Bagget just put himself into a position to capitalize on a situation. As far as Wharton goes he shouldve slowed down before that corner and let the leaders through then changed his line he definately impacted the race outcome. Once that blue flag is waved the lapped rider has no business racing with or near the leaders, unless he's fighting for position which he clearly wasnt.

|

3/22/2010 7:25 AM

I really became a fan of his after that broadcast. He seemed like a good kid in the interview before the race and proved it with his attitude after the race. I'll be pulling for him from now on.

|

3/22/2010 7:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2010 7:38 AM

Ryan Sipes showed what a class act he is. Immediately going up to Baggett and congratulating him and very well spoken on the podium too. His sponsors are getting their moneys worth and hopefully Sipes will be able to pull off a win in the near future.

|

3/22/2010 7:48 AM

Yep a really good kid it seems. It would have been so cool to see him win that thing!

|

dont screw with me, i am old and feeling grumpy..

3/22/2010 7:58 AM

neverwasfastenuf wrote:

Ryan Sipes showed what a class act he is. Immediately going up to Baggett and congratulating him and very well spoken on the podium too. His sponsors are getting their moneys worth and hopefully Sipes will be able to pull off a win in the near future.

X2

|

Larry Friday
[LINK TO IMAGE]

3/22/2010 9:11 AM

Ryan is definitely a really good guy, and I thought the breaks were finally going to go his way Saturday night. Definitely would've liked to see him hold onto the win.

I don't get why Wharton was even in the corner in front of the leaders, he should've given them the fast line (the massive trench of a rut) through the whoops and let them pass him by there.

As a fan, I'm tired of races being decided by lappers. At the same point, I admittedly have hoped the riders would get into lappers and the leader would get screwed up before to tighten up a battle. It's part of racing, but it's never any fun if your guy is on the bad end of the deal.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

3/22/2010 9:25 AM

Sipes needs to get a little more aggressive passing the lappers. Over all Sipes could be a little more aggressive in general.

|