Sidi boots

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2018 3:27 AM

can some people give me some feedback on these? Im looking at the crossfire 2s and a pair of their street bike boots. I like the calf adjustment and how all the parts are replaceable. Seems too good for the price point almost

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/23/2018 3:42 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

can some people give me some feedback on these? Im looking at the crossfire 2s and a pair of their street bike boots. I like the calf adjustment and how all the parts are replaceable. Seems too good for the price point almost

What do you want to know?
They make awesome boots. The Crossfire 3 are much better than the 2’s in my opinion.
They don’t fit all feet shape. They cater to more of a narrow foot.

|

1/23/2018 3:44 AM

I didn't like them. They didn't feel supportive enough around the ankle.
They are well made by the way.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

1/23/2018 3:49 AM

Have a pair, going on 5 years. I've replaced the soles twice, easy todo and cheap. Love the protection, also extremely comfy... highly recommend.

|

1/23/2018 4:17 AM

for me the best boots. Have tried pretty much any brand except Gaerne
The best thing is that most of the parts are mounted with screws, so you can just replace them easily if something gets damaged. On a tech10 for example you can't really do anything if a part of the boot falls apart, you just have to live with it

|

1/23/2018 4:20 AM

So should i go up a size if i have a wider foot? My first choice would be tech 10s or sg-12s but the calf area was too tight even when i went up a size to a 14

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/23/2018 4:37 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

So should i go up a size if i have a wider foot? My first choice would be tech 10s or sg-12s but the calf area was too tight even when i went up a size to a 14

The SRS(replaceable sole) version is narrower than the cheaper version with the traditional sole. At least that is what i have been told.

SRS model:
Photo

Cheaper model:

Photo

|

1/23/2018 4:50 AM

Great boots, just bought my second pair. Love the replaceable soles, and other parts. My first pair is going on the 6th year of riding, only ordered the second pair because I had a chance to get a pair of the Tony Ciaroli florescent colored ones before they quit making them.

I get over a year of riding on the soles, and would probably get more but I have pretty aggressive foot pegs on my bikes that chews up the soles.

Highly recommend them.

|

1/23/2018 4:53 AM

Great boots, comfortable and supportive. Only thing i dont like is the part inside the ankle moves my foot out a bit further on the pegs and i miss the shifter at times.

|

1/23/2018 5:08 AM

I love mine. 9 or 10 years on my crossfire srs’s. I wear a 9.5 shoe but ended up buying an 11 boot because my feet are wide. My bro had some too but didn’t get a big enough size and has since switched boots. So I would buy a bigger size

|

1/23/2018 5:21 AM

sidi nutz

|

1/23/2018 5:43 AM

Before you pay retail if you decide to go with Sidi, check out the website in my signature for some good deals on gently used boots (from all brands). You wont be disappointed!

|

1/23/2018 5:58 AM

jevyguy wrote:

I love mine. 9 or 10 years on my crossfire srs’s. I wear a 9.5 shoe but ended up buying an 11 boot because my feet are wide. My bro had some too but didn’t get a big enough size and has since switched boots. So I would buy a bigger size

That doesnt sound good lol. I dont think they make boots in size 15 do they lmao

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/23/2018 7:01 AM

Love my Crossfires. IMHO best boot made out there.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

1/23/2018 7:15 AM

Best boots for me too.

Depends on your foot. For thin/slim feet, she is perfect. Personally I am a big fan because I have a better feeling with on the foot pegs. I ride a lot with my legs/pegs, this makes them very suitable for me.

|

1/23/2018 7:18 AM

I have the x3's and love them. I've got about 200 hours on my current pair and they are just now getting beat down. Just ordered a new set ive got to break in. They are much much lighter than the gaerne and have lasted longer than my sg10s did. I also have a wide foot (12.5 wide in regular shoe) and the sidis have plenty of room.

|

1/23/2018 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2018 8:36 AM

Junk. No lateral support at the ankles. Just below the built in pivot has no integrity. Anyone with a pair of sidis do this test. Put your thumb just under the pivot on the side and pull the boot to the side. Try to put some force to it to test its support.

It has very little support side to side.

For the price you pay you expect better protection than that.

I've very badly broken an ankle in these boots. Dislocated sideways and it wasnt a hard hit. Didnt even crash.

6 months non weight bearing had a lot of time to think about it and looked closely at all the top of the line boots. Sidis lateral support is crap. The ankle pivot shoild be tied into the sole for support but it isnt which leaves a serious weak point.

|

1/23/2018 8:36 AM

Best boots I've ever owned. I don't think I'll ever try another boot again. They are that good IMO.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

1/23/2018 8:47 AM

Gonna be my next boot!

|

1/23/2018 8:54 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Junk. No lateral support at the ankles. Just below the built in pivot has no integrity. Anyone with a pair of sidis do this test. Put your thumb just under the pivot on the side and pull the boot to the side. Try to put some force to it to test its support.

I've very badly broken an ankle in these boots. Dislocated sideways and it wasnt a hard hit. Didnt even crash.

6 months non weight bearing had a lot of time to think about it and looked closely at all the top of the line boots. Sidis lateral support is crap. The ankle pivot shoild be tied into the sole for support but it isnt which leaves a serious weak point.

Yikes, 6 months? I hope that you were able to recover from that. Since it sounds like you did some serious investigation....What boot did you find that has the best support on the market?

|

KX125

1/23/2018 9:09 AM

The good news is yes, most of the parts are replaceable. The bad news is good luck sourcing the parts you need. I have a new pair of the white 3s that I was wanting to do some customization to with different color buckles, straps, etc but have had no luck finding a distributor that keeps a variety of those parts in stock. Talked to someone with the importer on the phone and he said they get a batch of parts from Italy maybe twice a year. No luck so far so I will probably have to just leave them "stock". I'm old and slow, so I like to tinker with stuff like that. If I was young and fast I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal! tongue

|

1/23/2018 9:17 AM

yz133rider wrote:

HenryA wrote:

Yikes, 6 months? I hope that you were able to recover from that. Since it sounds like you did some serious investigation....What boot did you find that has the best support on the market?

I found tech 10s to be hard to beat. With the design of the boot and inner bootie there is a massive amount of lateral support. Thats what im using now and happy with them.

|