San Diego Track Map.

Thoughts? The rhythm lanes are short with the triple being in the longest.
1
5
|
blockhead17
Posts
2884
Joined
6/13/2018
Location
Tokyo, JP
1/18/2022 9:01am
No more 90 degree corners..
Unless your name is breese it’s almost impossible to pass..
9
1
SethGator
Posts
2376
Joined
7/19/2010
Location
Tallahassee, FL, USA
1/18/2022 9:04am
Craig is gonna smoke so many dudes through those whoops.
8
1
toroP
Posts
4516
Joined
4/6/2009
Location
Cincinnati, OH, USA
1/18/2022 9:26am
No more 90 degree corners..
Unless your name is breese it’s almost impossible to pass..
The inside/outside choice in 90 degree corners, often sets up passing in the following lane.
MX Guy
Posts
2719
Joined
7/18/2016
Location
Southern, CA, USA
Fantasy
1/18/2022 9:44am
Holeshot = win. Too many 90's.
5
3

The Shop

Magoofan
Posts
10401
Joined
5/4/2021
Location
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA, USA
1/18/2022 9:45am
This will be the first Petco SD race I'll miss attending in person. Sad Wish I was going....
1
toroP
Posts
4516
Joined
4/6/2009
Location
Cincinnati, OH, USA
1/18/2022 9:46am
MX Guy wrote:
Holeshot = win. Too many 90's.
There are two 90s
8
1
soggy
Posts
9036
Joined
12/3/2018
Location
USA
1/18/2022 9:52am
Yea the 90’s here aren’t bad. I wish they would start putting a roller on the inside of the 90’s though. No one ever goes outside in them. When you have 2-3 90’s back to back it really makes the rhythms in between one lined.
1
skeef
Posts
1455
Joined
7/18/2018
Location
USA
Fantasy
1/18/2022 9:54am
Is that a dragons back I see?? I love me a good dragons back
1
1
toroP
Posts
4516
Joined
4/6/2009
Location
Cincinnati, OH, USA
1/18/2022 9:58am
Watch 2014 A2 to see a 90 degree corner create passing and change the outcome. Protect the inside at your own risk.
2
1/18/2022 10:52am
skeef wrote:
Is that a dragons back I see?? I love me a good dragons back
I think it is. I like them as well and it's cool it's to a table top.
enketchum
Posts
4397
Joined
2/6/2012
Location
Pasadena, CA, USA
1/18/2022 11:58am
50 second lap times. That's a short track
1
2
yak651
Posts
9072
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
1/18/2022 12:01pm
enketchum wrote:
50 second lap times. That's a short track
I was going to say 45-47 lap times for 450s
2
2
Zeke27G
Posts
1409
Joined
11/8/2011
Location
Ascot Park, CA, USA
1/18/2022 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2022 12:06pm
No more 90 degree corners..
Unless your name is breese it’s almost impossible to pass..
* or Friese

- Marchbanks
avidchimp
Posts
5863
Joined
7/9/2008
Location
EGL, MN, USA
1/18/2022 12:38pm
Magoofan wrote:
This will be the first Petco SD race I'll miss attending in person. Sad Wish I was going....
Same, work is calling so watching from home.
gt757
Posts
299
Joined
12/28/2011
Location
MX
1/18/2022 12:42pm
To me this is the weakest track design of the season, holeshot = 1st place i think
3
3
1/18/2022 12:46pm
We've seen tracks that look terrible on paper end up racing well, and vice versa tracks we think will race great become one lined. Lets just wait and see how it plays out before everyone bashes it.
4
3
cz2crf2wc
Posts
547
Joined
11/22/2013
Location
Solona Beach, CA, USA
1/18/2022 12:49pm
I'm about to buy tickets. What side do you think is best. 1st base or 3rd base?
1/18/2022 12:56pm
cz2crf2wc wrote:
I'm about to buy tickets. What side do you think is best. 1st base or 3rd base?
1st base would be on the left, right? (sorry I'm not into baseball) I think that'd be a good spot.. good view of the triple, first turn/rhythm section and the whoop section. I'd be worried the finish line tower would block your viewing of the other side of the track if you're by 3rd base/near the finish section. That's just my thoughts though.
1
Mr. Info
Posts
1671
Joined
5/3/2010
Location
Perris, CA, USA
1/18/2022 2:04pm
They seem not to stray to far away from a universal design so far. Gives the riders and chance to get a rhythm quicker. A lot safer I hope for the riders.
3
kb228
Posts
6153
Joined
1/31/2018
Location
Mansfield, OH, USA
1/18/2022 2:07pm
Whats the reason they dont add humps on the inside line in the 90s to make passing possible
2
1/18/2022 5:48pm
Second and third turn after finish line, some take outs will happen.
1
rosebud441
Posts
1764
Joined
1/25/2012
Location
Bellingham, WA, USA
1/19/2022 2:38pm
Will a 125 make that turn 3 triple?
2
1/19/2022 3:46pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Will a 125 make that turn 3 triple?
Only if Steve Matthes says it can't be done.
6
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68066
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
1/19/2022 4:49pm
Long set of whoops.

10
1/19/2022 5:09pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Long set of whoops. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/19/529261/s1200_272094272_692065935464732_5742265352008326520_n.jpg[/img]
Long set of whoops.

Pleasantly delightful
1
RalphS
Posts
975
Joined
2/26/2020
Location
North Hollywood, CA, USA
1/20/2022 12:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Long set of whoops. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/19/529261/s1200_272094272_692065935464732_5742265352008326520_n.jpg[/img]
Long set of whoops.

Looks narrowish, incoming carnage.
1
1/20/2022 12:20pm
Nice set of Whoops. Craig is excited and AC is probably thinking you have to be shitting me.
3
1
gt757
Posts
299
Joined
12/28/2011
Location
MX
1/21/2022 7:47am
Looking around the petco stadium on google maps found this picture of them building the track, i thought it was pretty cool

2

Post a reply to: San Diego Track Map.

The Latest