Same Riders, New Rides

TommyZ
Posts
325
Joined
10/8/2012
Location
USA
8/25/2014 9:54am
DonM wrote:
Music is about to stop and most chairs are full.....Big question mark is Baggett...
He is still eligible for 250's isn't he? So he could just stay with Mitch.
mmain62
Posts
714
Joined
2/7/2013
Location
Knoxville, IL, USA
8/25/2014 9:54am
bama205 wrote:
Lawrence to JGR
DownSouth wrote:
Awesome! I have been eagerly awaiting the triumphant return of "Factory" Phil.
Both of these comment made me laugh out loud at work. good stuff
Skuzzy29
Posts
864
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Central CA, CA, USA
8/25/2014 10:18am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 10:20am
DonM wrote:
Music is about to stop and most chairs are full.....Big question mark is Baggett...
TommyZ wrote:
He is still eligible for 250's isn't he? So he could just stay with Mitch.
He's still 250 but it won't be with PC. Most likely Geico or Rockstar...but Rockstar seems to be filled up
TommyZ
Posts
325
Joined
10/8/2012
Location
USA
8/25/2014 10:28am
DonM wrote:
Music is about to stop and most chairs are full.....Big question mark is Baggett...
TommyZ wrote:
He is still eligible for 250's isn't he? So he could just stay with Mitch.
Skuzzy29 wrote:
He's still 250 but it won't be with PC. Most likely Geico or Rockstar...but Rockstar seems to be filled up
Do you think that he will leave PC because of the "mystery" bike failures?

The Shop

Skuzzy29
Posts
864
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Central CA, CA, USA
8/25/2014 10:32am
TommyZ wrote:
He is still eligible for 250's isn't he? So he could just stay with Mitch.
Skuzzy29 wrote:
He's still 250 but it won't be with PC. Most likely Geico or Rockstar...but Rockstar seems to be filled up
TommyZ wrote:
Do you think that he will leave PC because of the "mystery" bike failures?
Just from what I've heard/read is that relationship is done. Not sure if it was the recent bike issues or if it's just time to change scenery.
TommyZ
Posts
325
Joined
10/8/2012
Location
USA
8/25/2014 10:37am
Skuzzy29 wrote:
He's still 250 but it won't be with PC. Most likely Geico or Rockstar...but Rockstar seems to be filled up
TommyZ wrote:
Do you think that he will leave PC because of the "mystery" bike failures?
Skuzzy29 wrote:
Just from what I've heard/read is that relationship is done. Not sure if it was the recent bike issues or if it's just time to change...
Just from what I've heard/read is that relationship is done. Not sure if it was the recent bike issues or if it's just time to change scenery.
Well, I sure hope he finds a good team. When he is "on", he is my favorite rider to watch.
8/25/2014 10:43am
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet.

Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I don't think he deserves that one, but I guess it's possible.
stantdm
Posts
442
Joined
7/17/2011
Location
Belle Fourche, SD, USA
8/25/2014 10:51am
TriRacer27 wrote:
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent...
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent and he has had injuries, but unless they got him real cheap it seems like a very risky move. Time will tell and I hope he does well, just surprising is all.

As for team two two, that has to be a back door you bring your own sponsors deal like in formula 1. Reed has always said he would only get someone else if that other rider also has a shot at winning. I would love to see josh turn it around but how many shots will this guy get over guys constantly beating him? Other guys beat him and people say oh josh had a bad day, month, year. Then Josh does well once or twice and they say yeah that's his talent or whatever. Perception is a hell of an agent in this sport.
I don't understand Wilson to KTM either; for the reasons you noted. Roger must see something there.
MT MX
Posts
1550
Joined
3/5/2011
Location
Great Falls, MT, USA
8/25/2014 10:55am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 10:55am
Langhammx wrote:
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet. Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I...
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet.

Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I don't think he deserves that one, but I guess it's possible.
They mentioned that rumor on RacerX this past Friday.

(the Hahn rumor, that is)
MxKing809
Posts
6374
Joined
10/13/2013
Location
Big Sand Whoops, MI, USA
Fantasy
8/25/2014 11:11am
Langhammx wrote:
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet. Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I...
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet.

Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I don't think he deserves that one, but I guess it's possible.
MT MX wrote:
They mentioned that rumor on RacerX this past Friday.

(the Hahn rumor, that is)
AND Wil has been on Davi's hip with mountain bikes and riding their Kawi and Honda recently. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
DEMONDAVE
Posts
676
Joined
9/6/2013
Location
Apple Valley, CA, USA
8/25/2014 11:50am
hahn will prove to be a way better choice than whimer .
and where's hanny landing for SX? tons of talent not sure if he has the drive to excell , he kills it free riding and that looks to pay well too.
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
8/25/2014 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 12:33pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent...
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent and he has had injuries, but unless they got him real cheap it seems like a very risky move. Time will tell and I hope he does well, just surprising is all.

As for team two two, that has to be a back door you bring your own sponsors deal like in formula 1. Reed has always said he would only get someone else if that other rider also has a shot at winning. I would love to see josh turn it around but how many shots will this guy get over guys constantly beating him? Other guys beat him and people say oh josh had a bad day, month, year. Then Josh does well once or twice and they say yeah that's his talent or whatever. Perception is a hell of an agent in this sport.
stantdm wrote:
I don't understand Wilson to KTM either; for the reasons you noted. Roger must see something there.
Maybe it's a bonus heavy contract? As a factory team, I don't think I'd take a chance on him unless the math worked out just right.
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
8/25/2014 12:36pm
Langhammx wrote:
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet. Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I...
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet.

Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I don't think he deserves that one, but I guess it's possible.
MT MX wrote:
They mentioned that rumor on RacerX this past Friday.

(the Hahn rumor, that is)
MxKing809 wrote:
AND Wil has been on Davi's hip with mountain bikes and riding their Kawi and Honda recently. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
I think these guys who are riding mountain bike like these guys are will come in stronger than the road bike crowd. I'm hoping Davi will hit this season hard.

It's tough to cheer for any one guy. So many guys have struggled and gotten back in the game lately. Davi, Canard, Tomac, Hahn, Dungey (playing runner up for so long) , Stewart, Reed, Wilson, Peick. . . all of these guys have gotten beaten when they're down but have worked super hard to get back in the game. . . And the list goes on.
DoctorJD
Posts
2979
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Somewhere in..., GA, USA
8/25/2014 12:46pm
Seely to factory Honda. Just announced.
Excel
Posts
4
Joined
8/25/2014
Location
Bridgewater, NJ, USA
8/25/2014 12:53pm
RV To CLS KAWASAKI!?! Smile
Flatliner
Posts
4351
Joined
11/3/2009
Location
CA
8/25/2014 1:07pm
Langhammx wrote:
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet. Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I...
Baggett has been talking to Troy Lee and Geico. Don't think he's signed anything yet.

Hahn to Kawasaki ?? Where did that come from ? I don't think he deserves that one, but I guess it's possible.
If pieck deserves the jgr ride then Hahn sure as heck deserves a good ride. He has a pro title under his belt.
SPYGUY
Posts
2183
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
8/25/2014 1:46pm
DoctorJD wrote:
Seely to factory Honda. Just announced.
I know he was hired because of some good SX performances on the 450, but off the top of my head, I can't remember Factory Honda ever hiring a rider with such poor outdoor results.

Here are his moto finishes for the 2014 outdoor season:

4-4
32-32
8-8
8-9
6-8
8-6
10-9
7-13
9-9
8-34
21-8
10-13
14-12
8/25/2014 2:01pm
I heard Weimer might go to JGR? Not sure about that one though.
DJ KC
Posts
875
Joined
9/14/2007
Location
Germantown, MD, USA
8/25/2014 2:49pm
Form what I have read from all the moto sites.

Barcia and Pieck to JGR... I wonder that how that is going to work since those two butted heads a couple of times during the supercross season.

Team Red Bull KTM - 450, Dungey & Wilson. 250, Marvin and Justin Hill

Honda - Canard and Seely. Seely is a way better supercross racer, that is why he is on the team. That deal was done before the SX season ended.

Rockstar Husky - Jason Anderson and heavy rumors of Jake Weimer as his teammate. Osbourne, Davilos, Savagty on 250's

Monster Kawasaki - Millsaps and Hahn... To my understanding Hahn is a done deal there

22 Motorsports - Reed and Grant

RCH Suzuki - Roczen and Tickle

Yosh Suzuki... No word or rumors there yet.

TLD KTM... Malcolm Stewart, McElrath, Nelson
bobby397
Posts
3597
Joined
3/21/2009
Location
USA
8/25/2014 2:55pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent...
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent and he has had injuries, but unless they got him real cheap it seems like a very risky move. Time will tell and I hope he does well, just surprising is all.

As for team two two, that has to be a back door you bring your own sponsors deal like in formula 1. Reed has always said he would only get someone else if that other rider also has a shot at winning. I would love to see josh turn it around but how many shots will this guy get over guys constantly beating him? Other guys beat him and people say oh josh had a bad day, month, year. Then Josh does well once or twice and they say yeah that's his talent or whatever. Perception is a hell of an agent in this sport.
stantdm wrote:
I don't understand Wilson to KTM either; for the reasons you noted. Roger must see something there.
Did you guys watch him in the sx class this year? He was really damn fast on that two two bike
TeamGreen
Posts
37684
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
8/25/2014 3:11pm
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...?

BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team?

Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but, I'd wonder what "YOU" are thinking...? Roger has made some REALLY GOOD decisions lately and he has PLENTY of Red Number Plates to show for it.

Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?
JayDizzle93
Posts
100
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Houston, TX, USA
8/25/2014 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 3:55pm
TeamGreen wrote:
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...? BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team? Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but...
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...?

BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team?

Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but, I'd wonder what "YOU" are thinking...? Roger has made some REALLY GOOD decisions lately and he has PLENTY of Red Number Plates to show for it.

Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?
Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?

Adam Cianciarulo, Tyler Bowers, Tonus, Allredge, ????
TeamGreen
Posts
37684
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
8/25/2014 4:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...? BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team? Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but...
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...?

BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team?

Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but, I'd wonder what "YOU" are thinking...? Roger has made some REALLY GOOD decisions lately and he has PLENTY of Red Number Plates to show for it.

Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?
Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?

Adam Cianciarulo, Tyler Bowers, Tonus, Allredge, ????
Who's the 5th rider?
DonM
Posts
9074
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
Fantasy
8/25/2014 4:52pm
TeamGreen wrote:
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...? BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team? Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but...
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...?

BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team?

Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but, I'd wonder what "YOU" are thinking...? Roger has made some REALLY GOOD decisions lately and he has PLENTY of Red Number Plates to show for it.

Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?
BB4 and Chino???....I know they've met but crickets since...
DonM
Posts
9074
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
Fantasy
8/25/2014 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 4:54pm
TeamGreen wrote:
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...? BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team? Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but...
And...no-one's wondering where Metty will be going...or staying...?

BB4...will he be the new "Replacement" over at a leading team?

Those of you questioning Roger...that's just funny...but, I'd wonder what "YOU" are thinking...? Roger has made some REALLY GOOD decisions lately and he has PLENTY of Red Number Plates to show for it.

Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?
Anyone list all of Mitch's Team for '15? Who's the 5th rider?

Adam Cianciarulo, Tyler Bowers, Tonus, Allredge, ????
TeamGreen wrote:
Who's the 5th rider?
Possibly French.....
8/25/2014 5:25pm
I just wonder if Roger just saw Deano as the "best available" for next year.
He does seem to have a pretty strong fan following which helps to sell bikes.
I would guess he also has his eyes on who might be the best available in 2016.
I really hate to see Ken go...but boy he sure did make us Orange fans very proud.
ga_pike
Posts
2650
Joined
7/14/2011
Location
Valdosta, GA, USA
8/25/2014 5:33pm
Is Durham out at PC? If yes, that's a damn shame. He never got to see his full potential because of the injuries.
8/25/2014 7:12pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent...
I hope Wilson proves me wrong but I just don't get why he would get a factory ktm ride over other guys. Yes he has talent and he has had injuries, but unless they got him real cheap it seems like a very risky move. Time will tell and I hope he does well, just surprising is all.

As for team two two, that has to be a back door you bring your own sponsors deal like in formula 1. Reed has always said he would only get someone else if that other rider also has a shot at winning. I would love to see josh turn it around but how many shots will this guy get over guys constantly beating him? Other guys beat him and people say oh josh had a bad day, month, year. Then Josh does well once or twice and they say yeah that's his talent or whatever. Perception is a hell of an agent in this sport.
stantdm wrote:
I don't understand Wilson to KTM either; for the reasons you noted. Roger must see something there.
bobby397 wrote:
Did you guys watch him in the sx class this year? He was really damn fast on that two two bike
Yeah, he won a heat race. So did Mike Alessi.

People say oh but he showed he has raw speed to be a factor. Well what about Pourcel? He's definitely faster than Wilson in SX, not to mention he has 2 more titles than Wilson and has come close to winning the outdoor title twice (something Wilson hasn't been able to do).

Just seems like Roger is usually much more picky about who he contracts than that.

Like I said though, hope he proves me wrong.
8/25/2014 7:15pm
DJ KC wrote:
Form what I have read from all the moto sites. Barcia and Pieck to JGR... I wonder that how that is going to work since those...
Form what I have read from all the moto sites.

Barcia and Pieck to JGR... I wonder that how that is going to work since those two butted heads a couple of times during the supercross season.

Team Red Bull KTM - 450, Dungey & Wilson. 250, Marvin and Justin Hill

Honda - Canard and Seely. Seely is a way better supercross racer, that is why he is on the team. That deal was done before the SX season ended.

Rockstar Husky - Jason Anderson and heavy rumors of Jake Weimer as his teammate. Osbourne, Davilos, Savagty on 250's

Monster Kawasaki - Millsaps and Hahn... To my understanding Hahn is a done deal there

22 Motorsports - Reed and Grant

RCH Suzuki - Roczen and Tickle

Yosh Suzuki... No word or rumors there yet.

TLD KTM... Malcolm Stewart, McElrath, Nelson
These are my exact picks! The reason why nobody is hearing anything about Mookie is the same reason nobody is hearing anything about Reedy- He isnt switching teams. To me anyways, it would be dumb for the TLD boys to set Mookie free. Perhaps they keep him for 2015 to see how he fares with the Katoom, and if things work out as good or better than they did with the Hondas, they keep him. If not, the set him loose. It would be neat to see him under the Factory Yosh Suzuki tent next to big bro James, although I think its unlikely to happen.
DonM
Posts
9074
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
Fantasy
8/25/2014 7:28pm
stantdm wrote:
I don't understand Wilson to KTM either; for the reasons you noted. Roger must see something there.
bobby397 wrote:
Did you guys watch him in the sx class this year? He was really damn fast on that two two bike
TriRacer27 wrote:
Yeah, he won a heat race. So did Mike Alessi. People say oh but he showed he has raw speed to be a factor. Well what...
Yeah, he won a heat race. So did Mike Alessi.

People say oh but he showed he has raw speed to be a factor. Well what about Pourcel? He's definitely faster than Wilson in SX, not to mention he has 2 more titles than Wilson and has come close to winning the outdoor title twice (something Wilson hasn't been able to do).

Just seems like Roger is usually much more picky about who he contracts than that.

Like I said though, hope he proves me wrong.
Roger has wanted Dean for a while, he thought he had him when Dean signed with JWR instead. Lots of raw talent and speed with Dean and under the watchful eye of Roger he will excel. Wilson didn't come close to winning it twice, but he did win it once...something the crafty Frenchman never did.

Post a reply to: Same Riders, New Rides

The Latest