RedFlagGate..malfunction

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2015 9:09 PM

Just keeps getting better.

|

1/31/2015 10:33 PM

Lol. Definitely the right thing to do but why it took 6 laps is beyond me...

|

1/31/2015 10:35 PM

This doesn't seem to happen in other forms of racing? six laps in?

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins

1/31/2015 10:36 PM

HUGE impact on Bowser's chances at winning the 'ship. Not that he would, seems at this point Coop is clearly the fastest guy every week, but that mix up took a lot of the potential drama out if it.

|

1/31/2015 10:37 PM

John Gallagher went from trigger happy to having stage fright. grin grin grin grin

|

1/31/2015 10:38 PM

I thought we had settled on Gategate.

|

1/31/2015 10:44 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

John Gallagher went from trigger happy to having stage fright. grin grin grin grin

I thought that's what you guys wanted? Several views of the replay and a consortium to make a decision, you know because one guy has too much power and all.

|

1/31/2015 10:44 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

Cox is already digging for a bathroom-cam video of Gallagher taking a leak during the race. There is a no-leak rule somewhere, there has to be. Nancy Drew is going to do the journalistic duties/honors to the MX community and make it happen for us!! Somehow, someway, someone is going down here.

|

1/31/2015 10:46 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

JeepnMike wrote:

Cox is already digging for a bathroom-cam video of Gallagher taking a leak during the race. There is a no-leak rule somewhere, there has to be. Nancy Drew is going to do the journalistic duties/honors to the MX community and make it happen for us!! Somehow, someway, someone is going down here.

smile
|

1/31/2015 11:39 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

Lol. Definitely the right thing to do but why it took 6 laps is beyond me...

maybe because they watched the replay closely and then went to the gate and checked it if it wasnt Osbournes fault.
Imagine the shitstorm if they redflag the race and afterwards they see it was Osbournes fault

|

1/31/2015 11:53 PM

It looked like he broke the gate off in the replays they played in stadium. Did he break the gate off?

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/31/2015 11:59 PM

You guys kill me. Last couple of weeks it was all about Gallagher making a knee-jerk decision and tonight when he took time to watch
the replay before making that same mistake again. Guess what?

|

2/1/2015 12:51 AM

enketchum wrote:

It looked like he broke the gate off in the replays they played in stadium. Did he break the gate off?

Yes but it was after it didn't drop at no fault of the 16.

|

2/1/2015 1:06 AM

ChrisB10 wrote:

JeepnMike wrote:

laughing laughing laughing laughing
|

Ed Johnson

2/1/2015 1:54 AM

The inconsistency bothers me. 10 seconds to bring out a black flag for Reed, yet over 6 laps to restart a race for something that was blindingly obvious to everyone...

|

2/1/2015 3:58 AM

Thing is, both decisions where made after watching the replay. Reeds black flag was rewinded quicker then osbornes gatefail, i guess.

|

2/1/2015 4:24 AM

TheWeapon wrote:

The inconsistency bothers me. 10 seconds to bring out a black flag for Reed, yet over 6 laps to restart a race for something that was blindingly obvious to everyone...

You're just being a biased Aussie Wanker.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/1/2015 5:18 AM

That was stupid and dangerous waiting for 5 laps into the race. It should have been called right away to restart.

|

2/1/2015 6:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2015 6:10 AM

Drfletcher wrote:

That was stupid and dangerous waiting for 5 laps into the race. It should have been called right away to restart.

They had to make sure Osborne did not run in to it, jumped start. They had to make sure the gate did not fall. If Osborne just stayed there with gate up it would be red flagged immediately, but Osborne gassed it and broke it off.

|

2/1/2015 6:13 AM

I just cant see this happening at any race I would go to. Most racers would have just moved there bike back and went around it and dealt with it as racing. could these guys ever survive a rubber band start?

|

2/1/2015 6:15 AM

I would suspect in real time few would think it was a gate malfunction...probably only those glued on Osborne's start.
Gallagher probably had to be told by Osborn'e team for review unless he had the presence to see Osborne's frustration with his hands held up on the gate.
Hopefully he's wired into the camera team to be plugged into a promp review if requested. If not they better figure that shit out quick....we look like a bunch of amatures.

|

2/1/2015 6:15 AM

Reed`s all butthurt again on twitter.

|

2/1/2015 6:21 AM

Drfletcher wrote:

kongols wrote:

They had to make sure Osborne did not run in to it, jumped start. They had to make sure the gate did not fall. If Osborne just stayed there with gate up it would be red flagged immediately, but Osborne gassed it and broke it off.

You've clearly never lined up in a gate before....

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

2/1/2015 6:23 AM

kongols wrote:

Reed`s all butthurt again on twitter.

I think his twitter handle was changed to @butthurt22.

|

2/1/2015 6:29 AM

That stupid red flag cost Cole TV Time! Boycott the starting gates!!!

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

2/1/2015 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2015 12:34 PM

It did take longer than one would think it should and like all restarts some benefited and some did not.My question is did Cooper know why the flag was thrown and would he behave this way if ti were out for a downed rider?

|

2/1/2015 7:42 AM

Jarid332 wrote:

That stupid red flag cost Cole TV Time! Boycott the starting gates!!!

AGREED!

|

2/1/2015 8:36 AM

It's incomprehensible to me why it took the AMA officials 6 laps to make that call. They are the biggest morons in professional motorsports.

Photo

|

Here's my new non-political signature.

2/1/2015 8:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2015 8:49 AM

Last time people bitched because they didn't take the time to review if Reed's flag was warrranted.

This week they bitch because they took the time to review to see whether the mistake was Osbourne hitting the gate or the gate malfunctioning. Unlike an incident during the race for safety reasons after a clean start, this was never a clean start for reasons out of the rider's control and thus not a valid race.

If people knotted their drawers over not being able to rectify the damage to Reed by wrongly dropping the black flag on him, those same folks ought to be applauding them for stopping the race to avoid prejudicing Osbourne in a way that can't be fixed after the race is done.

I surely hope no one in charge is dumb enough to think this place is a vane marking the winds of reason....but maybe they need some rectifying, too.

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

2/1/2015 8:58 AM

It was the right call

|