Pulpmxshow.com - Malware Issue?

MOTO120
Posts
1375
Joined
3/21/2010
Location
MOTO, IL, USA
I've always listened to the Pulp MX show the day after while at work. For some reason, this morning there is a red screen that is popping up saying there is a Malware on the site and it's dangerous to proceed. Curious if my computer is just being a big weenie or is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!
|
tprice07
Posts
2384
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
3/21/2017 6:45am
MOTO120 wrote:
I've always listened to the Pulp MX show the day after while at work. For some reason, this morning there is a red screen that is...
I've always listened to the Pulp MX show the day after while at work. For some reason, this morning there is a red screen that is popping up saying there is a Malware on the site and it's dangerous to proceed. Curious if my computer is just being a big weenie or is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!
I think they might have something going on. I had the same message come up.

You can try the direct path to the audio here
Spooner
Posts
2483
Joined
1/8/2011
Location
Kansas City, MO, USA
3/21/2017 6:48am
Yeah I'm trying to download the new episode on the iPhone podcast app and it isn't even showing up. Something must be up.
MOTO120
Posts
1375
Joined
3/21/2010
Location
MOTO, IL, USA
3/21/2017 6:48am
tprice07 wrote:
I think they might have something going on. I had the same message come up.

You can try the direct path to the audio here
That goes red screen for me too...hmmm

The Shop

Premixed112
Posts
849
Joined
2/19/2015
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
3/21/2017 8:27am
I love pulp, but good God do they have a lot of technical problems often..
cappelmans
Posts
468
Joined
11/14/2011
Location
Eindhoven, NL
3/21/2017 8:46am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2017 8:47am
Bummer man,looks like they got hacked, the warning could very well mean that the site got injected with malicious javascript code. I hope it's not that bad because it's a pain in the ass to fix. I hope the site's backup maintenance was/is on point.

Steve/Travis, during the show a mention was made you wanted to switch to Wordpress but please think twice about that. WordPress code/security is not the best out there and spells disaster if not maintained enough. It's like a four-stroke, it will grenade on you at some point.

Stick with a proper developed Drupal site Steve/Travis!

tprice07
Posts
2384
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
3/21/2017 9:03am
cappelmans wrote:
Bummer man,looks like they got hacked, the warning could very well mean that the site got injected with malicious javascript code. I hope it's not that...
Bummer man,looks like they got hacked, the warning could very well mean that the site got injected with malicious javascript code. I hope it's not that bad because it's a pain in the ass to fix. I hope the site's backup maintenance was/is on point.

Steve/Travis, during the show a mention was made you wanted to switch to Wordpress but please think twice about that. WordPress code/security is not the best out there and spells disaster if not maintained enough. It's like a four-stroke, it will grenade on you at some point.

Stick with a proper developed Drupal site Steve/Travis!

They are on drupal right now. You can set Wordpress core to update automatically which helps to get on top of some major issues. I work with Drupal at work and Wordpress at home. I haven't had any issues with Wordpress...our Drupal in stall at work has been compromised once. We had to start over.

I'm guessing he has solid backups.
OW38B
Posts
3619
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Coto de Caza, CA, USA
3/21/2017 9:04am
Seems that it might be a false positive, I get the warning on Chrome but not on the Brave browser, it works fine, though the show is not up yet.

And Wordpress will be fine for what they do.
tprice07
Posts
2384
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
3/21/2017 9:05am
You guys can watch/listen to a portion of the show here
Spooner
Posts
2483
Joined
1/8/2011
Location
Kansas City, MO, USA
3/21/2017 9:46am
Just noticed it is now on the apple podcast app. All is right with the world now.
hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
3/21/2017 9:51am
Spooner wrote:
Just noticed it is now on the apple podcast app. All is right with the world now.
well damn, mine's not showing it.
MxKing809
Posts
6374
Joined
10/13/2013
Location
Big Sand Whoops, MI, USA
Fantasy
3/21/2017 9:58am
Same problem...

I clicked through it, and didn't care. Work phone BRO's
SPYGUY
Posts
2183
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
3/21/2017 10:49am
This shit never happened under Devon's watch.
Matthes
Posts
2755
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
3/21/2017 11:17am
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure what's up.

Show is up on iTunes and all that BTW, Lindsay did a great job on it.
marx41
Posts
348
Joined
7/5/2009
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
3/21/2017 11:48am
SPYGUY wrote:
This shit never happened under Devon's watch.
Sometimes you have to lose something to realize what you had.
steed 2.0
Posts
3481
Joined
9/27/2012
Location
Brabant, NL
3/21/2017 12:01pm
Matthes wrote:
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure...
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure what's up.

Show is up on iTunes and all that BTW, Lindsay did a great job on it.
3/21/2017 12:55pm
I had problems for about two months now, I can only use foxfire to access it, it seems like one of the ad's might be infected is what my IT person told me.
djc
Posts
608
Joined
5/22/2012
Location
USA
3/21/2017 1:28pm
Matthes wrote:
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure...
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure what's up.

Show is up on iTunes and all that BTW, Lindsay did a great job on it.
What's going on with the stitcher uploads also? How come stuff is not going up there either?
DonM
Posts
9074
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
Fantasy
3/21/2017 1:32pm
Probably MXGeoff's doing......
bsharkey
Posts
2162
Joined
6/16/2014
Location
Marysville, WA, USA
3/21/2017 1:39pm
ive had the same issue. I cant watch it now until the next day when they archive the show
dkg
Posts
1889
Joined
9/12/2010
Location
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
3/21/2017 1:41pm
Matthes wrote:
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure...
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure what's up.

Show is up on iTunes and all that BTW, Lindsay did a great job on it.
Getting IT on a producer's salary? Wink
ML512
Posts
17077
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
Fantasy
3/21/2017 2:03pm
DonM wrote:
Probably MXGeoff's doing......
He's not too happy with us...I blame JT Laughing
MotoMo165
Posts
1415
Joined
4/3/2014
Location
USA
3/21/2017 3:12pm
SPYGUY wrote:
This shit never happened under Devon's watch.
Lmao
ruskymx
Posts
698
Joined
6/22/2014
Location
Orwigsburg, PA, USA
3/21/2017 3:36pm
ML512 wrote:
He's not too happy with us...I blame JT Laughing
Curiosity got the best of me so I went to check out what he said Laughing

Here's a copy and paste job from his article for those that don't want to click through to his site

"Not sure what is it with the America media at the moment, but I’ve had one of the RacerXonline guys (Chase Stello) having a go at me on his social media account last week, because I used some information from wikipedia (who I actually contribute to). Not even sure why, because I never mentioned him, or the site he works for.

Then last night on the pulpmx show, run by RacerXonline reporter, Steve Matthes, another RacerXonline guy, Jason Thomas called mxlarge a communist newspaper. Not sure what he means, but maybe he needs to actually come and read the site sometimes, he might be surprised that everything here is positive, be it American news or European news.

Another media guy from vitalmx, (Michael Lindsey) did say he has read that the USGP and MXoN circuits have been decided, and that mxlarge reported it. He didn’t want to click on the story, because, well, he didn’t want to give me the extra viewer.

Seeing as we spoke to their boss, Davey Coombs and Youthstream president, Giuseppe Luongo about the deal, yes, we had an inside line on this story. Maybe that is what makes them jealous that we actually report news? I have no idea.

Come on guys, the war is over, Youthstream and MXsports are now working together. Enjoy both series, just as I do. Pretty sure I give the American series a lot more coverage than most European sites, and its 99.9% of the time very positive coverage. In fact our coverage from the AMA Supercross is often as good or better than many of the US sites.

I won’t get drawn into any negative comments about these American media guys, because at the end of the day, its not worth it, but they guys, you really need to start acting like adults.

In saying that, all these guys do a great job for the sport in America, but maybe they need to open their eyes that the sport isn’t just in America.

Just so happens DC and I will be sharing a beer at the Valkenswaard GP in a months time, and maybe he can explain why the American media are still so pissed? At least DC has forgotten the past, and like me is positive about the future, for both sides of the Atlantic."
ML512
Posts
17077
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
Fantasy
3/21/2017 3:37pm
Matthes wrote:
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure...
We're working on it, or well, Marx is working on it. I pushed through on it on all my computers and it's been fine. Not sure what's up.

Show is up on iTunes and all that BTW, Lindsay did a great job on it.
Is it weird that I listened to the show on my drive back from Vegas? Like a little weird or really weird? Unsure Laughing
ML512
Posts
17077
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
Fantasy
3/21/2017 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2017 3:54pm
ruskymx wrote:
Curiosity got the best of me so I went to check out what he said :laugh: Here's a copy and paste job from his article for...
Curiosity got the best of me so I went to check out what he said Laughing

Here's a copy and paste job from his article for those that don't want to click through to his site

"Not sure what is it with the America media at the moment, but I’ve had one of the RacerXonline guys (Chase Stello) having a go at me on his social media account last week, because I used some information from wikipedia (who I actually contribute to). Not even sure why, because I never mentioned him, or the site he works for.

Then last night on the pulpmx show, run by RacerXonline reporter, Steve Matthes, another RacerXonline guy, Jason Thomas called mxlarge a communist newspaper. Not sure what he means, but maybe he needs to actually come and read the site sometimes, he might be surprised that everything here is positive, be it American news or European news.

Another media guy from vitalmx, (Michael Lindsey) did say he has read that the USGP and MXoN circuits have been decided, and that mxlarge reported it. He didn’t want to click on the story, because, well, he didn’t want to give me the extra viewer.

Seeing as we spoke to their boss, Davey Coombs and Youthstream president, Giuseppe Luongo about the deal, yes, we had an inside line on this story. Maybe that is what makes them jealous that we actually report news? I have no idea.

Come on guys, the war is over, Youthstream and MXsports are now working together. Enjoy both series, just as I do. Pretty sure I give the American series a lot more coverage than most European sites, and its 99.9% of the time very positive coverage. In fact our coverage from the AMA Supercross is often as good or better than many of the US sites.

I won’t get drawn into any negative comments about these American media guys, because at the end of the day, its not worth it, but they guys, you really need to start acting like adults.

In saying that, all these guys do a great job for the sport in America, but maybe they need to open their eyes that the sport isn’t just in America.

Just so happens DC and I will be sharing a beer at the Valkenswaard GP in a months time, and maybe he can explain why the American media are still so pissed? At least DC has forgotten the past, and like me is positive about the future, for both sides of the Atlantic."
I gave him credit for breaking the news in an article (even though we all knew) and then responded to JT by saying I just saw the title of his story but didn't click on it (I didn't say I wouldn't give him the click).

Look, he made another US vs GP argument too. We (Vital) stepped up our GP coverage this year and we're stoked on it... JT's comment had nothing to do with GP vs US, it was JT's opinion of his (Geoff's) media outlet...which we chuckled about then moved on from. I don't know how many times me and Steve made fun of each other's ability to be journalists on there last night, at least a few times each...

Maybe I should've accused him of being on drugs like I was (sarcasm alert)...
ruskymx
Posts
698
Joined
6/22/2014
Location
Orwigsburg, PA, USA
3/21/2017 4:04pm
lol, the guy is an idiot. I like how he says he's not going to get into negative comments right after saying these American media guys are just jealous because he actually reports news.

You did a good job on the show last night! I didn't get to listen to the entire show because I'm on the east coast and have that thing called a job getting in the way...lol I'll finish listening tonight
mxnick
Posts
1032
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
3/21/2017 4:07pm
The war might be over, but mxgeoff is still douchy...
3/21/2017 4:22pm
inside the rut sabotage. I'm tellin all yall , its a sabotage.Whistling

Post a reply to: Pulpmxshow.com - Malware Issue?

The Latest