Pulp Fantasy

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 2:10 PM

Is anyone having issues updating their points? I paid for the championship league and can’t even see results.

|

1/7/2018 2:13 PM

I think all the people in the 7 other threads are having trouble too lol. There seems to be an issue with the amount of old put on their server, I’m sure Marx is aware and working on it.

|

1/7/2018 2:14 PM

|

1/7/2018 2:28 PM

I’ll just use this thread since it’s the most recent.

First, I want to apologize to everyone who had/is having a lackluster experience. I know there are some who think I’m just incapable of handling the project, and that’s a bummer but it is what it is.

Some may be aware of issues that arose early yesterday afternoon when we started seeing big spikes in traffic. For the technical details read on, otherwise go to the next paragraph. The site uses websockets to communicate with the server for things like chat and live timing and scoring. When the site saw waaaay more traffic than expected, it brought to light a memory leak in the websocket handling that would eventually cause the server to become unresponsive, without actually crashing for some reason. As a quick fix, I separated the socket server from the api server so that things like logging in and saving teams would at least work as expected. Since the system was designed to calculate everything as it happens, and basically couldn’t, it’s thrown off my ability to basically just click “Ok” and finalize results for the event.

Since my live scoring feature couldn’t function as expected, I’ve had to go in and manually make sure all the data is correct from the event before I can finalize and publish the results. I’m being as thorough as I can to make sure no mistakes slip through as far as results from last night go. Along with traveling and helping my wife’s grandparents move today, I’ve been a bit behind the 8 ball.

The site will be updated in a bit with scores and what not. As far as fixing the issue for next week, I’ve figured out how to prevent the memory leak it looks like, and have enough data to simulate and stress test during the week.

Again, I apologize to everyone who had high hopes and were let down. Despite my best efforts (you should have seen dudes face next to me at the stadium when I whipped out the laptop in the middle of the 250 main), last night sucked. But I’m confident that this weekend will go as planned and hopefully make you forget about the bummer that this weekend was.

|

1/7/2018 2:37 PM

Thanks for the update and your hard work Travis!

|

1/7/2018 2:38 PM

Travis don't sweat it. As an IT person I completely understand and it's not your fault.

|

1/7/2018 2:40 PM

Shit happens, dont listen to all the whingers travis. Anyone with half a brain realises that everything new has glitchs and issues to iron out especially with the site numbers that would of been goinf through the server

Keep up the good work

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

1/7/2018 2:43 PM

You got this!

|

1/7/2018 3:00 PM

I thought it worked well in the beginning. I’m not freaking out about seeing my points yet lol keep up the hard work!

|

1/7/2018 3:22 PM

you are a brave man for busting out a laptop in a packed stadium, lucky you look the way you do marx lol

|

1/7/2018 3:43 PM

I blew at the Rocky Mountain ATV fantasy but I killed last night ar Pulp Fantasy. Damn your gona take some Monday night TM

|

I race for plastic trophies, so get off my back.

1/7/2018 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 3:49 PM

PulpNation knows your working hard at making everything right, dude. Its brand new. Always some bugs. Thanks for all the hard work.

|

1/7/2018 3:49 PM

What about people that were supposedly changing teams after first gate drop?

|

1/7/2018 3:57 PM

jhansen510 wrote:

they couldnt save them

|

1/7/2018 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 5:04 PM

jhansen510 wrote:

68 wrote:

they couldnt save them

Right on

|

1/7/2018 5:20 PM

As someone who tests software for a living I am very impressed with how you handled the issues. It’s difficult to anticapte how all features will react once they go live. People are gonna bitch, but you did an awesome job with what I’m sure was a pretty chaotic situation.

|

1/7/2018 6:12 PM

I'm glad it's fixed but I don't care because I didn't pay to join because I knew I would get 4365th place....

Good job dude

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/7/2018 6:26 PM

enketchum wrote:

I'm glad it's fixed but I don't care because I didn't pay to join because I knew I would get 4365th place....

Good job dude

I paid and got 5137th. Worth it though.

|

1/7/2018 6:27 PM

I didnt get last!

|

1/7/2018 6:30 PM

nosredna297 wrote:

I'm 354th with 277 points and I had Tomac. Even changed it to Tomac after I had Marvin saved. Darn.

|

1/7/2018 6:33 PM

I see my "global" rank, doesn't appear that I can view the Championship League standings though. Unless I'm missing something??

Great job on the stop drop and roll, Marx

via GIPHY

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

1/7/2018 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 6:45 PM

^^^ this...

I get told I'm in 2066th.

No rider breakdown, cant see other peoples scores? What am I missing?

|

1/7/2018 6:50 PM

99th place BROs!

Scored a 290.... not a bad start.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/7/2018 6:59 PM

People need to get a grip! This is freakin' Fantasy Supercross...and if you paid, it was a whopping $35. Get it together people, this is all for FUN cool cool cool

|

SMOOTHER • LIGHTER • FASTER
www.slfmotion.com

Instagram - @slfmotion
Facebook - SLF Motion

1/7/2018 7:23 PM

How many are in the championship league? I just know I’m in 173rd.

|

1/7/2018 8:07 PM

enketchum wrote:

Good job dude

nosredna297 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

I'm 354th with 277 points and I had Tomac. Even changed it to Tomac after I had Marvin saved. Darn.

I had Tomac and I had hill picked in the 250’s.

Also, my “worth it” remark wasn’t sarcasm. Happy give some money to Pulp, like some said earlier, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

|

1/7/2018 8:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 8:45 PM

I’m in 1144th place with 247 points. I got you all right where I want you!

|

1/7/2018 9:01 PM

294 points and first in the vitalmx league. I don't know who to thank first. Probably Kyle Cunningham.

|

1/7/2018 9:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 9:16 PM

coastie44 wrote:

I’m in 1144th place with 247 points. I got you all right where I want you!

Nice, lol!

|

1/7/2018 9:31 PM

106 points, 6971 position, learnt not to pick 1st lap leader. Lost out on Deano and Tomac, 250’s ok other than Phil.

|