Prado Raceway - Corona, CA

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2018 12:44 PM

Any updates on this facility? I remember back in February there was a big push to make this happen. Haven't heard anything since. https://www.pradoraceway.com/

|

3/31/2018 10:45 AM

I'd go look at their facebook page, but I just deleted facebook....is there more info than just their website?

I can't wait for the day when we go back to company/brand/tracks websites are rich with info and updates, not friggin facebook updates!

|

3/31/2018 1:37 PM

I have a Facebook account but I DESPISE it .... All I get on my news feed are posts about guns and gun rights by people that hardly even know how to shoot, let alone hit a target 10 yards away, weekly baby pic updates where the parents (friends of mine) put up countless pictures captioning their baby after they've dressed them up, completely uneducated and erroneous political posts and meme's, Debbie downer links to videos "like if you agree share if you don't" gymposts of #grinding and #workhard, everyone's healthy eating choices they do once a month and click bait links to articles "...and you won't believe what they found next!!"

If I was a stand-up comedian i could do an entire bit/show on everybody's cliche Facebook posts and NEVER run out out of material.

|

3/31/2018 1:38 PM

Like that South Park episode "S'causes"

|

3/31/2018 2:24 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

I have a Facebook account but I DESPISE it .... All I get on my news feed are posts about guns and gun rights by people that ...more

Photo

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

3/31/2018 4:42 PM

CALL TO ACTION! Prado Raceway needs your support. If you support Prado Raceway and our mission to bring family friendly, all-age and experience motorsport tracks to Southern California please take 30 seconds and send an email to Brett Dawson at bdawson@rivco.org

Every email in support - even short and sweet - is reviewed by the county supervisors who will vote on the project. Please show your support for us and motorsports! Every voice counts.

Like and Share this post to spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/pradoraceway/?ref=br_rs

http://m.championnewspapers.com/news/article_13539df6-02dc-11e8-93e0-7fc9dea2f0bb.html?mode=jqm

Photo

|

3/31/2018 10:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 10:06 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

I have a Facebook account but I DESPISE it .... All I get on my news feed are posts about guns and gun rights by people that ...more

Myke wrote: Photo

Nailed it!!!! I HATE thise things ....like how in the F is that any different than just posting with normal text??? I dont and will never understand why people go out of their way to waste their time to post with

"Those stupid things"

Its just stupid ass facebook trying to stay relavent by trying to create something new that most people are too dense to realize is the same thing that they've been using forever

|

4/2/2018 8:35 AM

ruy wrote:

CALL TO ACTION! Prado Raceway needs your support. If you support Prado Raceway and our mission to bring family friendly, ...more

Done and done. Had all my buddies do the same.

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/21/2018 9:11 AM

Bump. Anyone heard any good news lately?

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/21/2018 11:44 AM

|

6/9/2019 9:08 AM

Looks like this is the group who they're up against.
https://www.hillsforeveryone.org/

|

6/9/2019 9:50 AM

ahhh the tree huggers. Lets not build a motocross track... but were open to build 1000k apartment buildings to bring more people to this wonderful state they call california. We cant hurt anyones feelings and everyone gets a trophy. Welcome to the state of california

|

6/9/2019 10:28 AM

|

6/9/2019 3:05 PM

I hear it’s going to open. 2020.

|

6/9/2019 7:44 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

I hear it’s going to open. 2020.

hearing 4 strokes thumping in the hills while walking in chino park will not fly IMO. Citirs want money so I see another strip mall and million dollar apartments. I bet the oems could careless.

|

6/9/2019 8:49 PM

I was driving by on the 91 today- looking at those hills and wondering if there any updates on the project.
I hope the project advances. It would be great to rip some laps on the days I go to Pro Circuit.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

6/10/2019 8:15 AM

Ironic, it's a problem with a group called HillsForEveryone. Yes every walker or corporation with money to build. Not exactly everyone.

|

6/10/2019 8:25 AM

Not to hijack this post about the Prado track, which i hope opens but the cliched and annoying Facebook posts, I gotta mention the posts where people buy a new bike and put it up...cool dude youre the only one who ever bought a bike. Or just because their kid is riding a bike a under 5 years old they think they're Danger Deegan...

|

6/10/2019 8:43 AM

Hills for "Everyone"

So glad I don't live in Cali

|

6/10/2019 8:56 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

Not to hijack this post about the Prado track, which i hope opens but the cliched and annoying Facebook posts, I gotta mention ...more

Out of all the annoying things people do on social media I don't understand why this would bother you. When someone posts a new bike that is an invitation to go riding, especially if it's their first one.

|

6/10/2019 9:03 AM

From what I can tell funds to build an entry/exit is the biggest hurdle.

See smrscott's comment in this thread

And the last part of this article

|

6/11/2019 7:46 AM

Hills for everyone isnt one of the worst enviro groups out there. There's a lot of work they do which *shock!* I actually agree with as a resident of that area. Im not ok with them being against the prado raceway as their reasons for being against it are ridiculous. (Namely the statement about fear of a facility leading to people riding all over the chino hills state park).

However I do like the fact that the group works against the multiple developers that have attempted to build high density multi family dwellings in the brea/diamond bar/chino hills area's that are currently undeveloped. So sick of the high rise 2500 unit apartment complexes that are going up all over socal. They also sued chino hills and prevented them from rezoning the southern portion of the city. That alone inadvertently made prado raceway possible.

Hagerman's statements about access being unfeasible due to funding just means he doesnt want to fight for funding from the state/feds for development because he's more focused on the olympics and other developments.

A grassroots funded initiative to build the needed on/off ramp there could be the key to making it happen. Something like the 'we build the wall' group' would be awesome. I'd donate.

|

6/11/2019 8:03 AM

2stroked wrote:

Hills for everyone isnt one of the worst enviro groups out there. There's a lot of work they do which *shock!* I actually ...more

You are right. I jumped to a conclusion before knowing the facts. I would gladly give up a MX track to keep the undeveloped parts of SoCal undeveloped. I'll ride what we have and be happy to live where I live. It is what it is

|

6/11/2019 9:00 PM

2stroked wrote:

Hills for everyone isnt one of the worst enviro groups out there. There's a lot of work they do which *shock!* I actually ...more

ob wrote:

You are right. I jumped to a conclusion before knowing the facts. I would gladly give up a MX track to keep the undeveloped ...more

Me too

|

7/12/2019 3:08 PM

Whats the latest, my boss said its happening.

|

7/13/2019 12:44 PM

stiksandstones wrote:

I’ve been hearing the same. But I don’t have any details

|

7/16/2019 12:26 PM

stiksandstones wrote:

langhammx wrote:

I’ve been hearing the same. But I don’t have any details

Scoured the internet and riverside Co. documents, seems like an EIR was requested, but can't find public record of it, and only other thing I found was some hesitation due to costs to build new exits off the freeway? Anyone? the moto community is less than impressive on this matter-where's the masses of so cal, who want to ride, organizing together to get this track funded and open??? and so little info on it? Maybe its all top secret, but seems like it would be front and center.

|

7/16/2019 12:49 PM

Forgive my obvious naiveness but if it's money as it pertains to the exit, sponsors? GoFundMe?
I'd donate.
Would really like to see this happen as I'm sure most of you do too.

|

7/18/2019 9:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2019 6:41 AM

Zerofear66 wrote:

Forgive my obvious naiveness but if it's money as it pertains to the exit, sponsors? GoFundMe?
I'd donate.
Would really like ...more

It's either:

A.) No one cares and so cal MX is dead
B.) It's happening, its official, its on...but everyone is keeping the grand opening a secret

|

7/19/2019 8:27 AM

i would donate to help open this facility also. I work right next to there.. literally 5 mins from work... (i work practically next door to PC and Geico Honda)

|