No Fear & One Industries : WTH happened ?!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2017 12:50 PM

Hello,

I just watched No Fear Chapter One on Youtube. I hadn't seen this movie since 2003 probably, time flies...

I start riding MX with my buddies, at 14 years old, we are literally crazy watching Crustys, this movie, Relish, etc...
At that time, the must have (in France at least...) items for the young fans of US motocross we are include :
NO FEAR gear & ONE INDUSTRIES graphics. We are saving each coin we can in order to get stickers and gears. Great memories...

2017 :

One industries seems mountain bike and BMX only, MX is not featured on their website and graphics seem to have disappeared.

No Fear is even worst. I saw tons and tons of cheap No Fear surfing clothes in tourist outlet shops in Bali during my honeymoon last winter. I started to guess that the brand was certainly doing bad but I was far from reality.

What happened to these two brands for god sake ?!

|

7/21/2017 12:53 PM

|

7/21/2017 12:53 PM

Not sure about no fear, however as I understand One Industries was sold to a large company who fu*ked the culture to try and make money.

The same thing plays out over and over again in the clothing industry.

|

"I dont want to milk anything out - i'll just keep pushing"

7/21/2017 12:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2017 12:56 PM

MX's No Fear is still around. It is just spelled differently, as in, Alias. Kind of.

One Ind.? They gone.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/21/2017 1:02 PM

Photo

These gears were SO COOL !
|

7/21/2017 1:03 PM

Good news, someone is still flogging Life a Beach so just get some shorts and run them over your Seven gear.

|

7/21/2017 1:04 PM

I loved my One Industries Bro.

|

United States of America

7/21/2017 1:08 PM

Neek wrote:

Hello,

I just watched No Fear Chapter One on Youtube. I hadn't seen this movie since 2003 probably, time flies...

I start riding MX with my buddies, at 14 years old, we are literally crazy watching Crustys, this movie, Relish, etc...
At that time, the must have (in France at least...) items for the young fans of US motocross we are include :
NO FEAR gear & ONE INDUSTRIES graphics. We are saving each coin we can in order to get stickers and gears. Great memories...

2017 :

One industries seems mountain bike and BMX only, MX is not featured on their website and graphics seem to have disappeared.

No Fear is even worst. I saw tons and tons of cheap No Fear surfing clothes in tourist outlet shops in Bali during my honeymoon last winter. I started to guess that the brand was certainly doing bad but I was far from reality.

What happened to these two brands for god sake ?!

One Industries was awesome when they first came out, the graphics were great designs and great product, and when they brought out the helmets they were awesome, great price point and great styling,

Graphic's seem tohave gone to more custom printing now, rather than buying off the self kits, the one industires Bailey replica kits were awesome,

|

7/21/2017 1:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2017 1:17 PM

Their graphics used to be killer

Photo
Photo

|

7/21/2017 1:19 PM

I have a stash of One helmets from the Bailey, Lechein and RJ replica days. Nice looking helmets. Bought one a couple years back and what a total piece of craptastic shit it seems to be. I blame JLaw.

Photo

|

7/21/2017 1:25 PM

newmann wrote:

I have a stash of One helmets from the Bailey, Lechein and RJ replica days. Nice looking helmets. Bought one a couple years back and what a total piece of craptastic shit it seems to be. I blame JLaw.

Photo

What a rediculous ad!! laughing I wonder how much One payed those industry folks to pose for that one!? Haha

( PS I blame J Law too.......not sure for what, but it's probably his fault for sure.......)

|

7/21/2017 1:32 PM

Seeing all that No Fear gear, I'm having flashbacks of growing up at Carlsbad Raceway. Memories bro's

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/21/2017 1:34 PM

motokiwi wrote:

Not sure about no fear, however as I understand One Industries was sold to a large company who fu*ked the culture to try and make money.

I worked there right as all this was going down. It was kind of a bummer. I had been hired after the business was sold and I could tell that the core people were hanging on but it wasn't going to work out. There was a real disconnect from the ownership and the business itself.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/21/2017 2:03 PM

Falcon wrote:

I worked there right as all this was going down. It was kind of a bummer. I had been hired after the business was sold and I could tell that the core people were hanging on but it wasn't going to work out. There was a real disconnect from the ownership and the business itself.

Did you work at Carmel Mountain ? My business used to be right across the street. The One warehouse was one of the biggest I had ever seen , seemed like a big waste of space for dirt bike clothing and parts..

|

7/21/2017 2:21 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Is that GuyB in the upper left corner??

|

7/21/2017 2:57 PM

One Ind- had a choice of keeping Ryan Dungey or Jlaw. Looking back, how'd that work out?

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

7/21/2017 3:28 PM

DavetheVintageGuy wrote:

One Ind- had a choice of keeping Ryan Dungey or Jlaw. Looking back, how'd that work out?

When new wrong people (new owners back then) get to direct a great ship, it doesn't matter how amazing the ship is, it will sink sooner or later...but oh well! while it's a sad story it's not like somebody destroyed the formula for curing cancer or something......

|

7/21/2017 4:11 PM

DavetheVintageGuy wrote:

This

|

7/21/2017 5:27 PM

motokiwi wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Brent wrote:

Did you work at Carmel Mountain ? My business used to be right across the street. The One warehouse was one of the biggest I had ever seen , seemed like a big waste of space for dirt bike clothing and parts..

Yes. That warehouse was actually pretty full. The office space was only the front row of windows and one or two upstairs rooms.
Remember, there was One, Tag Metals, 661 and Sunline at that company.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/21/2017 5:28 PM

DavetheVintageGuy wrote:

MX Guy wrote:

This

It actually kept them in business. Ryan Dungey had a win bonus built into his contract with One that would have bankrupted the company in 2010 had he been in their gear!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/21/2017 5:40 PM

DavetheVintageGuy wrote:

MX Guy wrote:

This

Falcon wrote:

It actually kept them in business. Ryan Dungey had a win bonus built into his contract with One that would have bankrupted the company in 2010 had he been in their gear!

with the money the company was making before it got sold, it would have never been a problem but then...with new management....!!! it would have just met its fate sooner probably.....LOL

|

7/21/2017 5:41 PM

MXLUDO wrote:

When new wrong people (new owners back then) get to direct a great ship, it doesn't matter how amazing the ship is, it will sink sooner or later...but oh well! while it's a sad story it's not like somebody destroyed the formula for curing cancer or something......

Ludo bringing the truth...

|

7/21/2017 5:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2017 5:53 PM

I think One Industries died when they tried to make a rasta jersey or something.. I don't know exactly what it was but it sure did not look good, at all.

|

7/21/2017 6:17 PM

pretty simple...........supply and demand..........lots of nuances in that though........if it aint on the shelf..........if no one wants what you offer..........if you don't make enough profit to pay the expenses.........who knows REALLY what happened to either but whatever it was wasn't brain surgery, or curing cancer as mentioned cool cool

|

7/21/2017 6:18 PM

One Industries main designer or whatever went to d'cor, and I've heard a few people say moto-concepts bought out One.

|

2003 CR250R - 2006 KX250 (freessshhhh)

7/21/2017 6:40 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

dirtnapper wrote:

What a rediculous ad!! laughing I wonder how much One payed those industry folks to pose for that one!? Haha

( PS I blame J Law too.......not sure for what, but it's probably his fault for sure.......)

Thats not even JLaw in the pic. He didnt make it to that shoot so someone (i fogot who) got in his gear for the picture lol

|

7/21/2017 6:44 PM

Jake_CR250R wrote:

One Industries main designer or whatever went to d'cor, and I've heard a few people say moto-concepts bought out One.

Dude, 50% wrong on your post would have been OK! but 100% wrong? Please :-)

|

7/21/2017 7:42 PM

Jake_CR250R wrote:

MXLUDO wrote:

Dude, 50% wrong on your post would have been OK! but 100% wrong? Please :-)

I see what you did there haha wink

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

7/22/2017 9:23 AM

I have a black on black set of No Fear gear that is a little too small for me. someday ill thin down to fit or hang it on the wall.

Without a doubt the No Fear McGrath/Yamaha days was some of the best looking mx gear ever.

|

7/22/2017 9:43 AM

No Fear used to be spelled Bad Boy Club and before that it was spelled Life's a Beach. No Fear will surely spell their name many ways in our lifetime.

|