No Fear & One Industries : WTH happened ?!

Neek
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 10:26am
Hello,

I just watched No Fear Chapter One on Youtube. I hadn't seen this movie since 2003 probably, time flies...

I start riding MX with my buddies, at 14 years old, we are literally crazy watching Crustys, this movie, Relish, etc...
At that time, the must have (in France at least...) items for the young fans of US motocross we are include :
NO FEAR gear & ONE INDUSTRIES graphics. We are saving each coin we can in order to get stickers and gears. Great memories...

2017 :

One industries seems mountain bike and BMX only, MX is not featured on their website and graphics seem to have disappeared.

No Fear is even worst. I saw tons and tons of cheap No Fear surfing clothes in tourist outlet shops in Bali during my honeymoon last winter. I started to guess that the brand was certainly doing bad but I was far from reality.

What happened to these two brands for god sake ?!
|
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
7/21/2017 12:53pm
Not sure about no fear, however as I understand One Industries was sold to a large company who fu*ked the culture to try and make money.

The same thing plays out over and over again in the clothing industry.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/21/2017 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 12:56pm
MX's No Fear is still around. It is just spelled differently, as in, Alias. Kind of.

One Ind.? They gone.
Neek
7/21/2017 1:02pm

These gears were SO COOL !

The Shop

RandyS
7/21/2017 1:03pm
Good news, someone is still flogging Life a Beach so just get some shorts and run them over your Seven gear.
Camp332
7/21/2017 1:04pm
I loved my One Industries Bro.

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/21/2017 1:08pm
Neek wrote:
Hello, I just watched No Fear Chapter One on Youtube. I hadn't seen this movie since 2003 probably, time flies... [b]2000[/b] I start riding MX with...
Hello,

I just watched No Fear Chapter One on Youtube. I hadn't seen this movie since 2003 probably, time flies...

I start riding MX with my buddies, at 14 years old, we are literally crazy watching Crustys, this movie, Relish, etc...
At that time, the must have (in France at least...) items for the young fans of US motocross we are include :
NO FEAR gear & ONE INDUSTRIES graphics. We are saving each coin we can in order to get stickers and gears. Great memories...

2017 :

One industries seems mountain bike and BMX only, MX is not featured on their website and graphics seem to have disappeared.

No Fear is even worst. I saw tons and tons of cheap No Fear surfing clothes in tourist outlet shops in Bali during my honeymoon last winter. I started to guess that the brand was certainly doing bad but I was far from reality.

What happened to these two brands for god sake ?!
One Industries was awesome when they first came out, the graphics were great designs and great product, and when they brought out the helmets they were awesome, great price point and great styling,

Graphic's seem tohave gone to more custom printing now, rather than buying off the self kits, the one industires Bailey replica kits were awesome,
newmann
7/21/2017 1:19pm
I have a stash of One helmets from the Bailey, Lechein and RJ replica days. Nice looking helmets. Bought one a couple years back and what a total piece of craptastic shit it seems to be. I blame JLaw.

dirtnapper
7/21/2017 1:25pm
newmann wrote:
I have a stash of One helmets from the Bailey, Lechein and RJ replica days. Nice looking helmets. Bought one a couple years back and what...
I have a stash of One helmets from the Bailey, Lechein and RJ replica days. Nice looking helmets. Bought one a couple years back and what a total piece of craptastic shit it seems to be. I blame JLaw.

What a rediculous ad!! Laughing I wonder how much One payed those industry folks to pose for that one!? Haha

( PS I blame J Law too.......not sure for what, but it's probably his fault for sure.......)
Stuntman949
7/21/2017 1:32pm
Seeing all that No Fear gear, I'm having flashbacks of growing up at Carlsbad Raceway. Memories bro's
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/21/2017 1:34pm
motokiwi wrote:
Not sure about no fear, however as I understand One Industries was sold to a large company who fu*ked the culture to try and make money...
Not sure about no fear, however as I understand One Industries was sold to a large company who fu*ked the culture to try and make money.

The same thing plays out over and over again in the clothing industry.
I worked there right as all this was going down. It was kind of a bummer. I had been hired after the business was sold and I could tell that the core people were hanging on but it wasn't going to work out. There was a real disconnect from the ownership and the business itself.
Brent
7/21/2017 2:03pm
Falcon wrote:
I worked there right as all this was going down. It was kind of a bummer. I had been hired after the business was sold and...
I worked there right as all this was going down. It was kind of a bummer. I had been hired after the business was sold and I could tell that the core people were hanging on but it wasn't going to work out. There was a real disconnect from the ownership and the business itself.
Did you work at Carmel Mountain ? My business used to be right across the street. The One warehouse was one of the biggest I had ever seen , seemed like a big waste of space for dirt bike clothing and parts..
Steadman
7/21/2017 2:21pm
newmann wrote:
I have a stash of One helmets from the Bailey, Lechein and RJ replica days. Nice looking helmets. Bought one a couple years back and what...

Is that GuyB in the upper left corner??
MXLUDO
7/21/2017 3:28pm
One Ind- had a choice of keeping Ryan Dungey or Jlaw. Looking back, how'd that work out?
When new wrong people (new owners back then) get to direct a great ship, it doesn't matter how amazing the ship is, it will sink sooner or later...but oh well! while it's a sad story it's not like somebody destroyed the formula for curing cancer or something......
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
7/21/2017 4:11pm
One Ind- had a choice of keeping Ryan Dungey or Jlaw. Looking back, how'd that work out?
This
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/21/2017 5:27pm
Falcon wrote:
I worked there right as all this was going down. It was kind of a bummer. I had been hired after the business was sold and...
Brent wrote:
Did you work at Carmel Mountain ? My business used to be right across the street. The One warehouse was one of the biggest I had...
Did you work at Carmel Mountain ? My business used to be right across the street. The One warehouse was one of the biggest I had ever seen , seemed like a big waste of space for dirt bike clothing and parts..
Yes. That warehouse was actually pretty full. The office space was only the front row of windows and one or two upstairs rooms.
Remember, there was One, Tag Metals, 661 and Sunline at that company.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/21/2017 5:28pm
MX Guy wrote:
This
It actually kept them in business. Ryan Dungey had a win bonus built into his contract with One that would have bankrupted the company in 2010 had he been in their gear!
MXLUDO
7/21/2017 5:40pm
MX Guy wrote:
This
Falcon wrote:
It actually kept them in business. Ryan Dungey had a win bonus built into his contract with One that would have bankrupted the company in 2010...
It actually kept them in business. Ryan Dungey had a win bonus built into his contract with One that would have bankrupted the company in 2010 had he been in their gear!
with the money the company was making before it got sold, it would have never been a problem but then...with new management....!!! it would have just met its fate sooner probably.....LOL
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/21/2017 5:41pm
MXLUDO wrote:
When new wrong people (new owners back then) get to direct a great ship, it doesn't matter how amazing the ship is, it will sink sooner...
When new wrong people (new owners back then) get to direct a great ship, it doesn't matter how amazing the ship is, it will sink sooner or later...but oh well! while it's a sad story it's not like somebody destroyed the formula for curing cancer or something......
Ludo bringing the truth...
7/21/2017 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 5:53pm
I think One Industries died when they tried to make a rasta jersey or something.. I don't know exactly what it was but it sure did not look good, at all.
mauidex
7/21/2017 6:17pm
pretty simple...........supply and demand..........lots of nuances in that though........if it aint on the shelf..........if no one wants what you offer..........if you don't make enough profit to pay the expenses.........who knows REALLY what happened to either but whatever it was wasn't brain surgery, or curing cancer as mentioned CoolCool
Jake_CR250R
7/21/2017 6:18pm
One Industries main designer or whatever went to d'cor, and I've heard a few people say moto-concepts bought out One.
mxjon454
7/21/2017 6:40pm
newmann wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:
What a rediculous ad!! :laugh: I wonder how much One payed those industry folks to pose for that one!? Haha ( PS I blame J Law...
What a rediculous ad!! Laughing I wonder how much One payed those industry folks to pose for that one!? Haha

( PS I blame J Law too.......not sure for what, but it's probably his fault for sure.......)
Thats not even JLaw in the pic. He didnt make it to that shoot so someone (i fogot who) got in his gear for the picture lol
MXLUDO
7/21/2017 6:44pm
One Industries main designer or whatever went to d'cor, and I've heard a few people say moto-concepts bought out One.
Dude, 50% wrong on your post would have been OK! but 100% wrong? Please :-)
7/21/2017 7:42pm
MXLUDO wrote:
Dude, 50% wrong on your post would have been OK! but 100% wrong? Please :-)
I see what you did there haha Wink
7/22/2017 9:23am
I have a black on black set of No Fear gear that is a little too small for me. someday ill thin down to fit or hang it on the wall.

Without a doubt the No Fear McGrath/Yamaha days was some of the best looking mx gear ever.
Motodork
7/22/2017 9:43am
No Fear used to be spelled Bad Boy Club and before that it was spelled Life's a Beach. No Fear will surely spell their name many ways in our lifetime.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/22/2017 9:48am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 9:49am
Motodork wrote:
No Fear used to be spelled Bad Boy Club and before that it was spelled Life's a Beach. No Fear will surely spell their name many...
No Fear used to be spelled Bad Boy Club and before that it was spelled Life's a Beach. No Fear will surely spell their name many ways in our lifetime.
Forgot about those. Surwall is always re-inventing.

Post a reply to: No Fear & One Industries : WTH happened ?!

The Latest