New Go Pro

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/6/2015 6:09am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 8:27pm
PR...

50% Smaller and 40% Lighter – HERO4 Session Combines Ultra-Compact Waterproof Design with Easy One-Button Control for Simple Yet Powerful Life-Capture Solution

SAN MATEO, CALIF. (July 6, 2015) – GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO), enabler of some of today’s most engaging content, is proud to announce HERO4 Session, the smallest, lightest, most convenient GoPro yet. 50% smaller and 40% lighter than GoPro’s best-selling HERO4 Black and Silver cameras, HERO4 Session packs GoPro’s Emmy® Award-winning image quality and performance into an exciting new low-profile form factor. HERO4 Session benefits from a durable waterproof design that eliminates the need for a separate housing and features simple one-button control to make capturing immersive photos and video quicker and more convenient than ever before. HERO4 Session is compatible with existing GoPro mounts and will retail for $399.99 MSRP at authorized GoPro retailers around the world and on GoPro.com beginning July 12, 2015.

“With HERO4 Session, we challenged ourselves to produce the smallest, lightest, most convenient GoPro possible,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO. “HERO4 Session combines the best of our engineering and user-experience know-how to deliver our most convenient life-capture solution, yet.” Woodman adds, “I’m so excited about the launch of HERO4 Session because now I can finally use mine in public!”

HERO4 Session captures GoPro-quality 1080p60, 720p100 and 1440p30 video along with eight megapixel photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes. It features many of the same innovative features found in GoPro’s best-selling HERO4 Black and Silver cameras, including SuperView™, Protune and Auto Low Light recording modes. An expanded set of controls and settings can be accessed when using the GoPro App or Smart Remote.

Operating HERO4 Session is very simple. A short press of the shutter button quickly powers the camera on and video recording begins automatically. A long press of the shutter button powers the camera on and triggers Time Lapse photo capture. Press the shutter button again to save video or photo content and power the camera off. This simple one button design drastically improves the speed and convenience of capturing life moments as they happen.

HERO4 Session is built to GoPro’s famous rugged standards and is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meters). It features a sleek frame mounting system that is compatible with GoPro’s expansive array of mounts. An innovative dual microphone system dynamically switches sound recording between microphones to reduce wind noise during activities. Audio performance during water-based activities has been dramatically improved thanks to HERO4 Session’s waterproof design that eliminates the need for a separate waterhousing, which can often muffle sounds.

“At GoPro, sound quality is as important as image quality and we’re very excited about the stunning audio advancements we’ve made with HERO4 Session during water-based and windy activities. It’s incredible what this little GoPro can capture,” remarked Woodman.

HERO4 Session $399.99 MSRP

Stunning 1080p60, 720p100, and 1440p30 video
Waterproof to 33’ (10m), no separate housing required
Easy one-button control: short press of shutter powers camera on and begins capturing video, long shutter button press powers camera on and begins capturing time-lapse photos
Captures 8MP Single, Burst, and Time Lapse photos
Compatible with GoPro mounts and accessories
Dual Mic system captures enhanced audio during high wind and water-based activities
Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth® enable easy connectivity to GoPro App and Smart Remote
Auto image rotation corrects image orientation during recording
Includes standard and low-profile frame mounts for increased mounting versatility
New Ball Joint Buckle mount is included
|
GIwasB4
7/6/2015 6:26am

kkawboy14
7/6/2015 6:27am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 6:27am
Unless it is 360 these guys need to go back to the drawing board!

In my opinion!
hvaughn88
7/6/2015 6:44am
Dammit, just when i was starting to get a grasp on my mine
jeffro503
7/6/2015 6:51am
Well crap , I was going to order up a ReflexHD , but I think I may hold off now. July 12th release date too? Sheeesh , that quick coming from something I don't think most of the world had even seen before. WiFi too!

The Shop

mattmatt300
7/6/2015 6:52am
GoPro is kilin it. They keep finding a way to get people to buy the new model. Genius.
Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
7/6/2015 6:55am
GoPro is kilin it. They keep finding a way to get people to buy the new model. Genius.
Not me! F them and there communist run program.
Frodad78
7/6/2015 7:01am
50 percent smaller, damn that thing is tiny. Good move, I never liked the looks of them on top of the helmet.
Fraser
7/6/2015 7:14am
Looks great, love the size. Just hope that lens can cope with roost as they're 'eliminating the need for a separate housing'. Looks like you can replace the front screen..
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
7/6/2015 7:16am
I've been wondering when they were going to change the design. I think I like the looks....
7/6/2015 7:30am
FFS stop releasing new versions lol.

Gorgeous looker though
ChrisB10
7/6/2015 7:32am
Madmax31 wrote:
Lol dude you need to cut back on Fox news.
mxer512
7/6/2015 7:40am
gopro ...monopolizing the mx&sx community since 2002

7/6/2015 7:48am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 7:51am
kkawboy14 wrote:

In my opinion!
The image and sound quality on the 360 is not as good. . It's cool and new, but I dont see it taking off. GoPro owns the action cam market at this time...
logan_140
7/6/2015 7:55am
Villopoto is alive!! Haha he just posted the camera on Instagram
RMT
7/6/2015 8:05am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2015 8:06am
logan_140 wrote:
I was going to post the same. Let's dive into his comment "can't wait to try ..........". What could that mean?? Lol
logan_140
7/6/2015 8:06am
logan_140 wrote:
RMT wrote:
I was going to post the same. Let's dive into his comment "can't wait to try ..........". What could that mean?? Lol
On his rifle after his tailbone heals?Wink
WVUpetro2013
7/6/2015 8:44am
logan_140 wrote:
RMT wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem possible/likely that GoPro posted on his behalf? Just ironic that it seems every GoPro athlete was blowing up Instagram around the same time and rv just comes from his month hiatus go tell everyone about the new GoPro and its dual mics!
RMT
7/6/2015 9:12am
logan_140 wrote:
RMT wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem possible/likely that GoPro posted on his behalf? Just ironic that it seems every GoPro athlete was blowing up...
Is it just me or does it seem possible/likely that GoPro posted on his behalf? Just ironic that it seems every GoPro athlete was blowing up Instagram around the same time and rv just comes from his month hiatus go tell everyone about the new GoPro and its dual mics!
Probably what happened, but fun to get the group riled up saying he actually proved he is still alive.
Underdog999
7/6/2015 9:49am
RMT wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem possible/likely that GoPro posted on his behalf? Just ironic that it seems every GoPro athlete was blowing up...
RMT wrote:
Probably what happened, but fun to get the group riled up saying he actually proved he is still alive.
GoPro usually gets the big names sponsored athletes together of the same sports (when they can) and teach them how to use the new GoPro, and then post up stuff online. That's why they all post at the same time.
IceMan446
7/6/2015 9:54am
Madmax31 wrote:
Communist run program?

Care to explain?
mxer512
7/6/2015 9:56am
RMT wrote:
GoPro usually gets the big names sponsored athletes together of the same sports (when they can) and teach them how to use the new GoPro, and...
GoPro usually gets the big names sponsored athletes together of the same sports (when they can) and teach them how to use the new GoPro, and then post up stuff online. That's why they all post at the same time.
wait you mean to say.... poto came out from under his rock to go see how the new gopro works? unfuckingbelievable.

dear ryan, please do not hide under a rock for a month then tewl us about a fucking gopro....how is your ass doing? are you retireing? are you gonna race anymore mxgp's? ....oh yea btw ...your team is looking for you
Madc32
7/6/2015 11:28am
Madmax31 wrote:
ChrisB10 wrote:
Lol dude you need to cut back on Fox news.
LaughingLaughingWoohoo
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
7/6/2015 11:44am
kkawboy14 wrote:

In my opinion!
The image and sound quality on the 360 is not as good. . It's cool and new, but I dont see it taking off. GoPro owns...
The image and sound quality on the 360 is not as good. . It's cool and new, but I dont see it taking off. GoPro owns the action cam market at this time...
I'm with Kawboy 14, if it ain't 360, it's behind the innovation curve. Yes, the 360 sound and image may be a little behind but I can assure you they are better than the first few versions of what Go Pro released. Image and sound is pretty straight forward to improve and it's not like the 360 has bad sound and image, it's just completely on par With Go Pro. Developing the whole 360 deg viewing angle is VERY innovative and if you don't think Go Pro is concerned/respecting what 360Fly has released, then you are crazy. If you don't think the 360 will take off, you're nuts.

I'm in the market for a new action cam later this year (Christmas) and rest assured I'll be mainly looking at the 360Fly over Go Pro.
peelout
7/6/2015 12:12pm
built-in battery? does that mean non-removable?

if so then i'm not real sure about the advantage of that besides making it more water proof.

on my ride in Mexico i had 3 batteries for my Go-Pro and would switch them out and had the others charging via a USB mounted on my handlebars. it was cool because i always had a battery. that would not be possible with the new one, kinda kills it for me as this is what i do for all my longer trail rides.

also.... just like Madden games back in the day, just when i get shit figured out they release a new one and i have to either switch or play the old one alone. jerks.
hvaughn88
7/6/2015 12:17pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

In my opinion!
The image and sound quality on the 360 is not as good. . It's cool and new, but I dont see it taking off. GoPro owns...
TbonesPop wrote:
I'm with Kawboy 14, if it ain't 360, it's behind the innovation curve. Yes, the 360 sound and image may be a little behind but I...
I'm with Kawboy 14, if it ain't 360, it's behind the innovation curve. Yes, the 360 sound and image may be a little behind but I can assure you they are better than the first few versions of what Go Pro released. Image and sound is pretty straight forward to improve and it's not like the 360 has bad sound and image, it's just completely on par With Go Pro. Developing the whole 360 deg viewing angle is VERY innovative and if you don't think Go Pro is concerned/respecting what 360Fly has released, then you are crazy. If you don't think the 360 will take off, you're nuts.

I'm in the market for a new action cam later this year (Christmas) and rest assured I'll be mainly looking at the 360Fly over Go Pro.
"the sound and image may be a little behind"

That cracks me up. Isn't that the sole purpose of a camera?
Ashleymx
7/6/2015 12:47pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

In my opinion!
I have to say I think the novelty of the fly360 has already worn off on me. Too much fisheye, not a realist replay of what you see while riding. The concept is cool still I guess.
Underdog999
7/6/2015 12:54pm
RMT wrote:
GoPro usually gets the big names sponsored athletes together of the same sports (when they can) and teach them how to use the new GoPro, and...
mxer512 wrote:
wait you mean to say.... poto came out from under his rock to go see how the new gopro works? unfuckingbelievable. dear ryan, please do not...
wait you mean to say.... poto came out from under his rock to go see how the new gopro works? unfuckingbelievable.

dear ryan, please do not hide under a rock for a month then tewl us about a fucking gopro....how is your ass doing? are you retireing? are you gonna race anymore mxgp's? ....oh yea btw ...your team is looking for you
I am NOT saying RV went to a meeting, I am responding to the fact that quite a few sponsored athletes posted new GoPro videos at the same time.
mjskier
7/6/2015 1:29pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
"the sound and image may be a little behind"

That cracks me up. Isn't that the sole purpose of a camera?
Exactly.
And as far as it being better than the first ever GoPro, what kind of performance bar is that? Do you compare to the original IBM PC when you look for a new computer?

What I'm really curious about, is if 360 has enough cash in the bank to survive until the sound and image catch up.

Post a reply to: New Go Pro

The Latest