My .02 on RV's knee

GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:10pm
Exactly how it looked from my perspective
You'd like to think that the people you talk to almost weekly would be (I hate to use this phrase) straight up. But that isn't always the case.
48dirtbikekid
Posts
583
Joined
9/20/2012
Location
Victorville, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:15pm
GuyB wrote:
You'd like to think that the people you talk to almost weekly would be (I hate to use this phrase) straight up. But that isn't always...
You'd like to think that the people you talk to almost weekly would be (I hate to use this phrase) straight up. But that isn't always the case.
Oh I agree with you totally, but in the end you have to question their true intentions and it's plain as day that RV does what he chooses and isn't into the media/hype which I don't blame him for and I'm sure gets annoying. I wasn't trying to make a dig at you at all, you do your job and I appreciate the place you run and if that's what he told you then it should be the truth.
BigDaddyG
Posts
1215
Joined
10/8/2010
Location
Saint Helens, OR, USA
Fantasy
5/5/2014 8:18pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
This sucks. I wanted to see him work everyone over outdoors. It was his title to lose.....hope he gets healthy, gets his 5th sx title and...
This sucks. I wanted to see him work everyone over outdoors. It was his title to lose.....hope he gets healthy, gets his 5th sx title and kills them outdoors in 2015. RV is the man as he has proven many times over as a pro.
Dungey and KTM are huge benefactors here...
rebus wrote:
That's bullshit and you know it.
Think about it. ... who else has the consistency of Dungey? My personal hope is the 22 snags the outdoir title!
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
5/5/2014 8:23pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
This sucks. I wanted to see him work everyone over outdoors. It was his title to lose.....hope he gets healthy, gets his 5th sx title and...
This sucks. I wanted to see him work everyone over outdoors. It was his title to lose.....hope he gets healthy, gets his 5th sx title and kills them outdoors in 2015. RV is the man as he has proven many times over as a pro.
Dungey and KTM are huge benefactors here...
rebus wrote:
That's bullshit and you know it.
BigDaddyG wrote:
Think about it. ... who else has the consistency of Dungey? My personal hope is the 22 snags the outdoir title!
I'm with ya brotha! " I think " Roczen is going to be really strong outdoors as well. Like you said RD and Reed for sure. James for sure will be fast....but consistent...not sure. I also think DM18 , Trey and Pieck will also have some really good showings as well.

I hate to see RV sit out......but damn it could make things really interesting.

The Shop

davistld01
Posts
9350
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Springfield, MO, USA
5/5/2014 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 8:28pm
Exactly how it looked from my perspective
GuyB wrote:
You'd like to think that the people you talk to almost weekly would be (I hate to use this phrase) straight up. But that isn't always...
You'd like to think that the people you talk to almost weekly would be (I hate to use this phrase) straight up. But that isn't always the case.
Steve, unfortunately that doesn't happen in real life any more in any situation...not even halfway. People would rather work harder to fabricate a lie than simply to tell the truth.
500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
5/5/2014 8:32pm
GuyB wrote:
You'd like to think that the people you talk to almost weekly would be (I hate to use this phrase) straight up. But that isn't always...
You'd like to think that the people you talk to almost weekly would be (I hate to use this phrase) straight up. But that isn't always the case.
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Matthes got equal amount of flak for saying what he knew.

When it comes to the riders and teams vs the media the Sport is Mickey Mouse.
motoplook
Posts
362
Joined
4/19/2010
Location
KZ
5/5/2014 8:41pm
GuyB wrote:
I'd heard lots of stories on RV's knee during the SX season. For example, that he'd blown out an ACL as early as Phoenix, had popped...
I'd heard lots of stories on RV's knee during the SX season. For example, that he'd blown out an ACL as early as Phoenix, had popped it out during the main in Detroit, that it was taking lots of athletic tape for every ride, and that it was going to require surgery at some point.

In Seattle he told me he had an issue with his knee, and then a week later at press day for New Jersey it was, "If I have an issue."

I also chose to take his word at face value when he said, "We're racing Nationals," and, "We're going racing."

All while at the same time he's grumping about the discussion of it in here. We weren't the source, we were just a place where a lot of discussion was taking place.

I'll miss him this summer. I'll be looking forward to watching in the future. Buying into what he says? Maybe not so much.
he'll be missed but it might make it interesting. Funny how a few thought RV would definitely get his knee fixed after the latest MX Sports announcement.
He comes back for 2015 SX and then retires.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:41pm
500guy wrote:
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Matthes got equal amount of flak for saying what he knew. When it comes to the riders and...
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Matthes got equal amount of flak for saying what he knew.

When it comes to the riders and teams vs the media the Sport is Mickey Mouse.
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
dirthead1
Posts
1440
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Southern, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:44pm
500guy wrote:
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Matthes got equal amount of flak for saying what he knew. When it comes to the riders and...
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Matthes got equal amount of flak for saying what he knew.

When it comes to the riders and teams vs the media the Sport is Mickey Mouse.
GuyB wrote:
No doubt. The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding...
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
You really seem betrayed tonight.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:48pm
dirthead1 wrote:
You really seem betrayed tonight.
Ha! My GAS level on the second one was something right around zero...other than I was pissed that someone would be under the mistaken impression that I'd be that shady.

Not my style.
Zracer
Posts
1479
Joined
2/17/2013
Location
Saint Clair, MI, USA
5/5/2014 8:50pm
500guy wrote:
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Matthes got equal amount of flak for saying what he knew. When it comes to the riders and...
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Matthes got equal amount of flak for saying what he knew.

When it comes to the riders and teams vs the media the Sport is Mickey Mouse.
GuyB wrote:
No doubt. The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding...
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
Rofl. Was she ready to go all Alec Baldwin on ya?
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:54pm
motoplook wrote:
he'll be missed but it might make it interesting. Funny how a few thought RV would definitely get his knee fixed after the latest MX Sports...
he'll be missed but it might make it interesting. Funny how a few thought RV would definitely get his knee fixed after the latest MX Sports announcement.
He comes back for 2015 SX and then retires.
There's no accounting for stupid.
dirthead1
Posts
1440
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Southern, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:56pm
dirthead1 wrote:
You really seem betrayed tonight.
GuyB wrote:
Ha! My GAS level on the second one was something right around zero...other than I was pissed that someone would be under the mistaken impression that...
Ha! My GAS level on the second one was something right around zero...other than I was pissed that someone would be under the mistaken impression that I'd be that shady.

Not my style.
The glamorous part of the job!
Seamorbutts
Posts
1510
Joined
4/20/2013
Location
Lake Charles, LA, USA
5/5/2014 8:57pm
GuyB wrote:
I'd heard lots of stories on RV's knee during the SX season. For example, that he'd blown out an ACL as early as Phoenix, had popped...
I'd heard lots of stories on RV's knee during the SX season. For example, that he'd blown out an ACL as early as Phoenix, had popped it out during the main in Detroit, that it was taking lots of athletic tape for every ride, and that it was going to require surgery at some point.

In Seattle he told me he had an issue with his knee, and then a week later at press day for New Jersey it was, "If I have an issue."

I also chose to take his word at face value when he said, "We're racing Nationals," and, "We're going racing."

All while at the same time he's grumping about the discussion of it in here. We weren't the source, we were just a place where a lot of discussion was taking place.

I'll miss him this summer. I'll be looking forward to watching in the future. Buying into what he says? Maybe not so much.
You got hosed, then you called use out for believe the so called rumors, which were not rumors at all. RV can kiss my arse.
dirthead1
Posts
1440
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Southern, CA, USA
5/5/2014 8:57pm
A corner has been turned
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
5/5/2014 9:01pm
motoplook wrote:
he'll be missed but it might make it interesting. Funny how a few thought RV would definitely get his knee fixed after the latest MX Sports...
he'll be missed but it might make it interesting. Funny how a few thought RV would definitely get his knee fixed after the latest MX Sports announcement.
He comes back for 2015 SX and then retires.
GuyB wrote:
There's no accounting for stupid.
Steve......what is the deal with Metty being back for the fill in spot on RV's bike? How did they get around the Canadian contract? I'm glad he's back for sure......but it must of been a Kawasaki thing right? And is Josh going to take over Metty's spot in Canada?

IF this is the case.....this is kind of a lose , win , win scenario for me. Bummer we lost RV....but having Metty back and a ride for Josh......just made my night!
BAMX
Posts
2904
Joined
1/22/2012
Location
Fallbrook, CA, USA
5/5/2014 9:06pm
GuyB wrote:
No doubt. The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding...
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
That's pretty crazy. You have always been straight up around here. If she knew her ass from a hole in the ground she would know that you have done more than most to protect riders. I hope JA801 sends you Xmas cards.Tongue
kongols
Posts
24229
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
5/5/2014 9:10pm
GuyB wrote:
No doubt. The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding...
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
Did that really happen? Holy shit!!! Kristen "Putin" Villopoto. There was director of TV channel in Russia who tried to shoot himself after talking to Putin.
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
5/5/2014 9:13pm
GuyB wrote:
No doubt. The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding...
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
kongols wrote:
Did that really happen? Holy shit!!! Kristen "Putin" Villopoto. There was director of TV channel in Russia who tried to shoot himself after talking to Putin.
Christ man.....it isn't that fuckin' bad sheeesh! LMFAO! I can see it now.....RV's wife arrested for breaking GuyB's knee caps in the parking lot and smashing his phone! Blink
Cody24
Posts
779
Joined
11/15/2009
Location
Bend, OR, USA
5/5/2014 9:18pm
I'm just pissed I don't get to see his speed outdoors. . . .
Crush
Posts
21138
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney, AU
5/5/2014 9:22pm
Cody24 wrote:
I'm just pissed I don't get to see his speed outdoors. . . .
Yeah that's about the only thing I'm bummed about!
Brent
Posts
5901
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Temecula, CA, USA
5/5/2014 9:29pm
GuyB wrote:
No doubt. The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding...
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
I know I would be insulted if someone said that to me without reason, thats very rude.

She sounds pretty defensive and on edge to me, what are they trying to hide, anyway? oh wait...

Dirt bike racing has become filled with drama lately.
Moto75
Posts
344
Joined
3/19/2014
Location
Somewhere in, AZ, USA
5/5/2014 9:29pm
I don't like it & not an RV fan... But at the same time, I completely understand not wanting to show a weakness to his competitors & being tight lipped about it. Kind of makes sense how his interviews seem increasingly uncomfortable & a bit stand offish. He probably didn't enjoy putting up a front.
hartebreak
Posts
2655
Joined
9/16/2009
Location
Portland, OR, USA
5/5/2014 9:36pm
Im doubting RV will be back for 15. Why would he want to go thru yet another rehab and get back on the program for just one last year. I can see him making an announcement in the next few months that he has hung them up.
Moto75
Posts
344
Joined
3/19/2014
Location
Somewhere in, AZ, USA
5/5/2014 9:38pm
hartebreak wrote:
Im doubting RV will be back for 15. Why would he want to go thru yet another rehab and get back on the program for just...
Im doubting RV will be back for 15. Why would he want to go thru yet another rehab and get back on the program for just one last year. I can see him making an announcement in the next few months that he has hung them up.
Because he has a contract to.
motoplook
Posts
362
Joined
4/19/2010
Location
KZ
5/5/2014 9:49pm
motoplook wrote:
he'll be missed but it might make it interesting. Funny how a few thought RV would definitely get his knee fixed after the latest MX Sports...
he'll be missed but it might make it interesting. Funny how a few thought RV would definitely get his knee fixed after the latest MX Sports announcement.
He comes back for 2015 SX and then retires.
GuyB wrote:
There's no accounting for stupid.
LOL! Wink
5/5/2014 10:07pm
GuyB wrote:
No doubt. The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding...
No doubt.

The oddest moment of the season was Saturday night after the 450 main. Kristen Villopoto was chatting with Weege, and she sees me holding my phone.

"You'd better not be recording this."

I show her that there's nothing going on with my phone.

"You'd better delete that."

Delete what? I do interviews with people that are newsworthy. I don't do shady recordings.
You should have told her to "piss off" and its non of her damn business whats on "your" phone and then tell her you aren't deleting shit.

What ever happen to "on the record" and " off the record" when doing interviews, seems if a riders says something off the record and then its gets printed then its time to stop talking to that journalist kind of how you build trust but if the rider is going to lie then who cares what he has to say.

For the record I am glad RV is out for the nationals, this way Stewart has one last shot at another championship but I still think he will crash out and Dungey will win it.
JeepnMike
Posts
2525
Joined
10/18/2012
Location
Enumclaw, WA, USA
5/5/2014 10:08pm
Moto75 wrote:
I don't like it & not an RV fan... But at the same time, I completely understand not wanting to show a weakness to his competitors...
I don't like it & not an RV fan... But at the same time, I completely understand not wanting to show a weakness to his competitors & being tight lipped about it. Kind of makes sense how his interviews seem increasingly uncomfortable & a bit stand offish. He probably didn't enjoy putting up a front.
The only difference is.. the season was over. Your thoughts would make sense in the middle of the season, but at the end of the season, after the last race and championship already wrapped up, not so much. What he did was a dickhead move to our fearless leader at Vital and all of RV1s man-fans that read Vital daily.
RonSkj
Posts
2906
Joined
6/20/2008
Location
Radiator Springs, CA, USA
Fantasy
5/5/2014 10:11pm
Moto75 wrote:
I don't like it & not an RV fan... But at the same time, I completely understand not wanting to show a weakness to his competitors...
I don't like it & not an RV fan... But at the same time, I completely understand not wanting to show a weakness to his competitors & being tight lipped about it. Kind of makes sense how his interviews seem increasingly uncomfortable & a bit stand offish. He probably didn't enjoy putting up a front.
He wasn't "Tight lipped about it" .. He straight up lied!

Post a reply to: My .02 on RV's knee

The Latest