Mxon/ prediction

mohammed
Edited Date/Time 9/29/2013 9:07am
Mxon almost upon us, USa looks good on paper but i think belgium is the team to beat. Barcia, dungey AC, desalle , dydcker , paulin, herlings will be close in speed. MX2 tomac is not such a great starter could be a problem to come through the pack? track is hard to pass on and also 450s will be tough.. Vanhorbeeck should fling the 250 with ease coming from riding a 450 all year. belgium is my pick. France will miss frossard in the 450, so maybe france will be a podium position. Anything can and will happen dont be in shock if the amerikans dont win.

what is your prediction? here is mine:

1. Belgium

2. USA

3. france/ or italy
|
bents
Fantasy
710th
9/17/2013 8:57pm
USA and then whoever.....I'm assuming you are serious.
mohammed
9/17/2013 8:59pm
bents wrote:
Very serious, Belgium has a good team. Herlings will be on a 350.
bents
Fantasy
710th
9/17/2013 9:23pm
bents wrote:
mohammed wrote:
Those dudes are fast no doubt about it. But the USA is not only fast, they are pissed. And they aren't in that quicksand either.

The Shop

9/17/2013 11:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2013 11:30pm
bents wrote:
mohammed wrote:
bents wrote:
Those dudes are fast no doubt about it. But the USA is not only fast, they are pissed. And they aren't in that quicksand either.
Totally agree, I can't see America getting beaten, all three riders will be inside the top three in each class, possible winning their class or finishing second. While I think Desalle and De Dycker have the possability to run with Dungey and Barcia, Van Horebeek will need the ride of his life to run with Tomac. Only way I see Belgium winning is if Tomac gets a bad start (as he seems to do a lot) and finds the euro conditions difficult.

With a little luck look for Team Australia to be on the podium and Todd Waters to shock the World!!!!!
9/18/2013 12:05am
I think Belgium has a very good shot, especially with Clement and Ken on recent form, even more so if the track gets a little bit of rain. Jeremy is the weak link but is still damn fast on a 250f. He might not have to beat Eli, just knock out a solid couple of results in support of KD and CD. Still, all that said, USA is the clear favourite and I expect them to win.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/18/2013 12:39am
if everything goes right it would be embarrassing if the US wouldnt win - Belgium wont be far though.
maybe they win without a moto win, AC JH and Paulin can easily fight with Dunge and Barcia for the moto wins.

the US better win now because next year it will be team france Musquin, Paulin and the old Frossard, then its probably over with easy wins Wink
gharmon
9/18/2013 1:07am
crusty_xx wrote:
if everything goes right it would be embarrassing if the US wouldnt win - Belgium wont be far though. maybe they win without a moto win...
if everything goes right it would be embarrassing if the US wouldnt win - Belgium wont be far though.
maybe they win without a moto win, AC JH and Paulin can easily fight with Dunge and Barcia for the moto wins.

the US better win now because next year it will be team france Musquin, Paulin and the old Frossard, then its probably over with easy wins Wink
Just in case you forgot our fastest ride isn't going this year either. I'm not saying any win is easy, after all this is racing.
jamma10
9/18/2013 1:09am
I predict that shocking starts, mechanical DNF's and uncharacteristic crashes will dictate which team wins the MXdN.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/18/2013 1:39am
crusty_xx wrote:
if everything goes right it would be embarrassing if the US wouldnt win - Belgium wont be far though. maybe they win without a moto win...

gharmon wrote:
Just in case you forgot our fastest ride isn't going this year either. I'm not saying any win is easy, after all this is racing.
sure I dont say you wont win, but this year it should be easy for you (next year if this team shows up for france it wont even with RV Wink )
gharmon
9/18/2013 2:08am
Just my honest opinon, I don't think it's ever easy for anyone especially Team USA. The amount of pressure involved with everyone expecting you to win is really hard to deal with. Sure, they are favored almost always but that comes with a large weight to bear. So, it's never easy.... Thats one of the reasons I like having RV there. If ever I have seen someone that can perform under pressure it's that guy. He excels under pressure!!
mohammed
9/18/2013 4:40am
bents wrote:
mohammed wrote:
Herlings rides for Holland, not Belgium....
I know that i just threw out there that herlings will be ridng a 350. Would love to see a AC, herling, barcia and dungey battle. EPIC!!!
CoccoBill
9/18/2013 7:02am
mohammed wrote:
Mxon almost upon us, USa looks good on paper but i think belgium is the team to beat. Barcia, dungey AC, desalle , dydcker , paulin...
Mxon almost upon us, USa looks good on paper but i think belgium is the team to beat. Barcia, dungey AC, desalle , dydcker , paulin, herlings will be close in speed. MX2 tomac is not such a great starter could be a problem to come through the pack? track is hard to pass on and also 450s will be tough.. Vanhorbeeck should fling the 250 with ease coming from riding a 450 all year. belgium is my pick. France will miss frossard in the 450, so maybe france will be a podium position. Anything can and will happen dont be in shock if the amerikans dont win.

1. Belgium

2. USA

3. france/ or italy
Not going to happen. I mean, Italy on the podium.
Lupino is improving a lot, but still too inconsistent and not on a par with the fast guys yet.
Philippaerts is not "the warrior" ("il guerriero" that's his nickname) he used to be anymore.
All we can hope for is Tony winning his motos...
mohammed
9/18/2013 9:02am
mohammed wrote:
Mxon almost upon us, USa looks good on paper but i think belgium is the team to beat. Barcia, dungey AC, desalle , dydcker , paulin...

1. Belgium

2. USA

3. france/ or italy
CoccoBill wrote:
Not going to happen. I mean, Italy on the podium. Lupino is improving a lot, but still too inconsistent and not on a par with the...
Lupino is improving a lot, but still too inconsistent and not on a par with the fast guys yet.
Philippaerts is not "the warrior" ("il guerriero" that's his nickname) he used to be anymore.
Lupino when he is on can run with any mx2 rider except herlings of course, philipaerts since his 2 wrist injuries has never been the same. But its the mxon its going to be wild. AC can win his motos for sure.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/18/2013 9:06am
jamma10 wrote:
I predict that shocking starts, mechanical DNF's and uncharacteristic crashes will dictate which team wins the MXdN.
"The variables" Evil
Crush
9/18/2013 9:32am
Mohammed thinks the USA will lose.

Shocker.
jeffro503
9/18/2013 9:51am
Crush wrote:
Mohammed thinks the USA will lose.

Shocker.
I'm surprised we even made it on his top 3 list to be honest. Dizzy

Serious note , I'm glad the race is back on dirt. We don't have the sand tracks here to practice on and it's like a fish out of water for us. If it's dry , hard packed , loamy.....I think we stand a really good chance. If it rains and gets slick.....were gonna have to work for it and hope the luck falls our way. The GP guys have some great mud riders.
M-M
9/18/2013 9:58am
mohammed wrote:

1. Belgium

2. USA

3. france/ or italy
CoccoBill wrote:
Not going to happen. I mean, Italy on the podium. Lupino is improving a lot, but still too inconsistent and not on a par with the...
mohammed wrote:
Lupino when he is on can run with any mx2 rider except herlings of course, philipaerts since his 2 wrist injuries has never been the same...
Lupino when he is on can run with any mx2 rider except herlings of course, philipaerts since his 2 wrist injuries has never been the same. But its the mxon its going to be wild. AC can win his motos for sure.
I don't think Italy have a chance of getting on the podium. As coccobill has said, Lupino is to inconsistent. I'm actually surprised he still has a decent ride.

My predictions,

1st USA
2nd GB (slightly biased but we have three on form riders).
3rd Belgium
9/18/2013 10:01am
prediction mxdn...cause mxa wont say of......
1 iraq
2 syria
3 afganee
9/18/2013 10:20am
1st TEAM GB!!!!
2nd whoever
3rd who cares

we were the first to win it and the second most wins ever , but thats about to change , be prepared for a new world order, we will win this year and keep smashing it until we take back the most wins ever!!! GB GB GB
PastranaWho
9/18/2013 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2013 3:53pm
mohammed wrote:

1. Belgium

2. USA

3. france/ or italy
CoccoBill wrote:
mohammed wrote:
Lupino when he is on can run with any mx2 rider except herlings of course, philipaerts since his 2 wrist injuries has never been the same...
The euros are going to get smoked, bank it. You know dunge , barcia are going there with a vegence after last years disaster.

1.USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peelout
9/18/2013 4:00pm
1 - USA
2 - Germany (Kenny will win the MX2 overall)
3 - Italy (AC will win the MX1 overall)

i don't think USA will win any moto's, but Barcia will win the MX3 overall
fatneck03
9/18/2013 4:08pm
Roczen beats every person on team USA in both moto's
stewie94
9/18/2013 4:12pm
im rooting for team usa but i think germany goona repeat
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
9/18/2013 4:47pm
1. USA (It's very difficult to see any rider finishing out of the top 3 in their class in either moto....and I'll go as far as saying Tomac can win a moto)
2. Italy
3. Australia! Waters to be top 5 in his class, and Ferris solid top 3 (not sure he has Tomac speed just yet)
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/18/2013 10:32pm
USA
Belgium
Australia

If slippery exchange Australia for GB
CoccoBill
9/19/2013 5:09am
Team USA will win hands down.
Sure, anything could happen, even Dungey having diarrhea because of too many wurstels&kraut.

This is how I see it:

- Only three teams with three strong riders (beside team USA): Belgium, Great Britain, France.
But:
Paulin is not what he used to be after that nasty crash
Charlier is a living question mark
Saerle is still learning MX1
Simpson just had the race of his life, but... I really don't know what to think about that guy

- One thing that has to be taken into account is that "The winner of each Qualifying Race/Race obtains one point, the second two points, etc. irrespective of class", so the question is: how many MX2 guys can run with MX1/MX3 guys?
This makes a HUGE difference!
This means the difference in points between Roczen/Tomac and the third MX2 guy is probably going to be BIG! (on a side note: how many points you think Ullrich is going to collect?)

- Only ONE of the two guys in each team is going to pick a good spot behind the gate, so, how many riders can do a "come from behind" race and score valuable points?

- Last but not least: there are MANY riders which are going to "steal" valuable points to potentially winning teams, from Cairoli to Metcalfe, from Butron to Alex Martin! And this is going to be an advantage for team USA alone.

It's probably going to be one of the best MXoN we saw in years, but let's face it... it has "USA" stamped all over...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/19/2013 5:22am
I believe Ullrich can definately pull together a good moto.
He is pretty consistant, not many crashes and an incredible starter (he won like 80% of the starts in ADAC Masters this years against guys like Nagl Pourcel Aranda, even this weekend from Gatepick 16).
Maybe not a top 10 like Schiffer last year (I guess noone expects that) but maybe top15 would be good

Post a reply to: Mxon/ prediction

The Latest