Mini O's Thread

NicNak
Fantasy
3956th
Edited Date/Time 12/3/2019 4:40am
Mini O's is this week which makes my work week a whole lot better. Wish I was down there but watching will just have to be the move.

You can get the livestream on RacerTV, well worth it. My livestream isn't super clear right now. Anybody got any ideas how to increase the quality?

What does everyone think of the Supercross track this year? It looks like they maybe changed a little bit.

Anybody got any riders down there we should keep our eye on?

|
Kyle978
11/25/2019 7:50am
I didn’t know this event even still existed lol.

Wish I could bottle up the energy at Mini O’s/Whitney/Ponca etc. in like 2003 and unleash it in 2019. Poor kids these days are risking it all and barely anyone is paying attention any more.
NicNak
Fantasy
3956th
11/25/2019 12:01pm
Kyle978 wrote:
I didn’t know this event even still existed lol. Wish I could bottle up the energy at Mini O’s/Whitney/Ponca etc. in like 2003 and unleash it...
I didn’t know this event even still existed lol.

Wish I could bottle up the energy at Mini O’s/Whitney/Ponca etc. in like 2003 and unleash it in 2019. Poor kids these days are risking it all and barely anyone is paying attention any more.
I agree. It's mainly because Vurb moved on. That used to be the best hub for amateur racing.
loftyair
11/25/2019 12:20pm
Wheres just results, cant watch live.

The Shop

MXMattii
11/25/2019 2:10pm
Does anyone know if their are Europeans racing there this week? In the past we've seen Roczen, Febvre, ... racing at the Mini O's.
LowBidder
Fantasy
1703rd
11/25/2019 2:41pm
MXMattii wrote:
Does anyone know if their are Europeans racing there this week? In the past we've seen Roczen, Febvre, ... racing at the Mini O's.
Lots of foreign riders this week: Jamaica, South Africa, Canada, Belgium, England, Mexico, Portugal, Sweden, Finland, Australia, Austria, Columbia, Puerto Rico and there are more.
11/25/2019 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2019 10:13pm
Jarrett Frye and Jesse Flock with strong showings on day 1... Have to imagine all eyes are on Parker Mashburn after he eliminated RV2 at Straight Rhythm.. though looks like he struggled a little today..

Dangerboy Deegan with 4 wins in 4 classes...

Evan Ferry with a win in Supermini 1, but DNS in Supermini 2 & Schoolboy???

Way cool to see Ronnie Renner out there in a couple classes!

Grewe and Carsten dominating the massive trophy collection classes as usual..
11/25/2019 10:26pm
MXMattii wrote:
Joel Rizzi from the UK is riding.
Huss241
11/26/2019 4:47am
One of the last motos of the day yesterday in 450B with Cullin Park taking the win was really impressive. He has been super fast all day and that moto was awesome to watch online. Well worth the fee for Racer TV.
lumpy790
11/26/2019 5:32am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2019 11:48am
I really like the more relaxed vibe at the Mini O’s compared to the massive stress riders have at Loretta Lynns.

Sadly this popped up on my facebook this morning from several years ago.

Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
11/26/2019 6:25am
What's the attendance this year? Was plan on going Saturday, haven't been to Gatorback in 10 years
Preston412
11/26/2019 7:34am
I noticed Nicolas Romano has moved up to B class on the 250/450 and over to Yamaha. That was a short time on the Husky and he still is eligible to be on the 85cc's, so I would think that he feels the competition is thin in the B ranks to move up now, hopefully, he stays healthy for next year.
mcc
11/26/2019 8:01am
Is there a link for live timing
LowBidder
Fantasy
1703rd
11/27/2019 8:50pm
Linville DQ'd in schoolboy ??
Pape718
12/2/2019 3:10am
Jordan421 wrote:
What's the attendance this year? Was plan on going Saturday, haven't been to Gatorback in 10 years
There was 2313 entries in motocross I've been there the last four years it gets bigger every year
12/2/2019 11:00am
MXMattii wrote:
I remember Carl Nunn doing it, back in the early 90's.
Really, didn’t know that. How’d he get on? Who was he up against?
Big Daddy
12/2/2019 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2019 6:20pm
I remember Carl Nunn doing it, back in the early 90's.
Really, didn’t know that. How’d he get on? Who was he up against?
Carl came over in 1991 for the Mini-Os and his main competition was Kevin Windham. I worked for Kawasaki at the time, and we brought a 1991 KX80 for him to ride. Honestly, we didn't expect much out of him because so many foreign riders in previous years simply didn't have good results at the races we loaned riders bikes for. Carl's dad, Stuart, was bummed that we brought a '91 model, because the 1992 model, while very similar, was a much better bike. Stuart had a box of parts he brought from home to put the bike together with. We helped him some, but he did most of the work himself. After the first race or two, and mind you that Carl had never ridden a Supercross style track before, I want to say he finished second or maybe third behind Windham. I think Broc Sellards was in the mix also. We were like "who the Hell is this kid? He hauls ass!" Then we were kicking ourselves for not bringing him a 1992 model. As the week progressed, we all became big Carl Nunn fans and had a blast with him and his family. Stuart was a laugh a minute and he had the stories that would leave you laughing for days. He couldn't remember Windham's name so he referred to him throughout the week as "that five - one - one bloke", lol (Windham's amateur number was 511). Dewayne Windham and Stuart got along well all week long enjoying watching their kids race. It was a great week! We didn't know who Carl Nunn was the Sunday before the Mini-Os started in 1991, but we sure as hell knew who he was when he left! The last time I saw Carl was at a National at Steel City. We laughed about that week and the good times, and of course I told him to tell his Mom and Dad that I said hello!
yz25
12/2/2019 7:24pm
These events seemed to have faded in a dramatic fashion the day Motoplayground call it quits!
12/2/2019 10:39pm
Big Daddy wrote:
Carl came over in 1991 for the Mini-Os and his main competition was Kevin Windham. I worked for Kawasaki at the time, and we brought a...
Carl came over in 1991 for the Mini-Os and his main competition was Kevin Windham. I worked for Kawasaki at the time, and we brought a 1991 KX80 for him to ride. Honestly, we didn't expect much out of him because so many foreign riders in previous years simply didn't have good results at the races we loaned riders bikes for. Carl's dad, Stuart, was bummed that we brought a '91 model, because the 1992 model, while very similar, was a much better bike. Stuart had a box of parts he brought from home to put the bike together with. We helped him some, but he did most of the work himself. After the first race or two, and mind you that Carl had never ridden a Supercross style track before, I want to say he finished second or maybe third behind Windham. I think Broc Sellards was in the mix also. We were like "who the Hell is this kid? He hauls ass!" Then we were kicking ourselves for not bringing him a 1992 model. As the week progressed, we all became big Carl Nunn fans and had a blast with him and his family. Stuart was a laugh a minute and he had the stories that would leave you laughing for days. He couldn't remember Windham's name so he referred to him throughout the week as "that five - one - one bloke", lol (Windham's amateur number was 511). Dewayne Windham and Stuart got along well all week long enjoying watching their kids race. It was a great week! We didn't know who Carl Nunn was the Sunday before the Mini-Os started in 1991, but we sure as hell knew who he was when he left! The last time I saw Carl was at a National at Steel City. We laughed about that week and the good times, and of course I told him to tell his Mom and Dad that I said hello!
Thanks for the back story!!! Carl was a couple of years younger than me & even from a young age, you could tell he was something special on a bike. I remember he moved to Holland when he moved up to 125’s, he was 14 I believe at the time.

Unfortunately he’s Pro career didn’t live up to the hype, if I remember right, he did win the British GP at Foxhills one year though.
12/3/2019 3:03am
Big Daddy wrote:
Carl came over in 1991 for the Mini-Os and his main competition was Kevin Windham. I worked for Kawasaki at the time, and we brought a...
Thanks for the back story!!! Carl was a couple of years younger than me & even from a young age, you could tell he was something...
Thanks for the back story!!! Carl was a couple of years younger than me & even from a young age, you could tell he was something special on a bike. I remember he moved to Holland when he moved up to 125’s, he was 14 I believe at the time.

Unfortunately he’s Pro career didn’t live up to the hype, if I remember right, he did win the British GP at Foxhills one year though.
Super story Big daddy. Did Carl come over another year? Because I remember a photo of him riding a KX80/100 and the bike had USD forks. (The first year for those was 1992)

I followed it with interest because Carl was a year or two older than me, we'd race one year in the same group, then he'd move up and Id move up the following year. As a family we'd go to his dad's track Chippenham many times in a year. The Team green guys at the time were Nunn, Greg Mills, Tony Marshall, Stephen Sword.

Awesome days.
12/3/2019 3:04am
Thanks for the back story!!! Carl was a couple of years younger than me & even from a young age, you could tell he was something...

Don't forget his double GP moto win in France. '98 I think.
12/3/2019 4:40am
Don't forget his double GP moto win in France. '98 I think.
You’re probably right. If my memory serves me right, a kid called Jamie Breedon used to battle with Carl quite a bit in their youth days. Breedon rode for Honda Britain on a one off CR 100.

Post a reply to: Mini O's Thread

The Latest