MXGP 2019 (Game)

MotoMo165
6/22/2019 6:07pm
you’re all smoking crack if you think 3 had good ruts lol. you’re all just a echo chamber of useless information. no wonder the games don’t...
you’re all smoking crack if you think 3 had good ruts lol. you’re all just a echo chamber of useless information. no wonder the games don’t turn out the way you want. the bike drops too fast, the bike floats too much, the bike slides too much in corners but when it hooks up good then the ground physics suck. on these forums when 3 was out, you all bitched their were no ruts. so idk what you guys are talking about. yeah maybe you can catch a rut here and there but don’t act like theirs usable ruts all over the track. and i’ll say what i always do around this time when we get new gameplay vids, 1. the game always looks different when the game comes out. as in, when you’re playing at home, it doesn’t look or feel the way it did in pre release. how you guys haven’t learned this yet is beyond me. 2. you can’t judge a game until you play it. until you feel the physics. you’re judging a game not a movie.

i’m on the beach in the bahamas, decided to check in lol. you guys are nuts. if you can’t see all the changes in the riders upper body movements and how he moves on the bike, idk lol. i watched 2 short clips in 480p and could tell a difference. “copy paste” lol. you guys don’t get it. they can’t have a new engine every release. and they can’t wait 2+ years to release new games because THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY TO PAY THE DEVS WHO CREATE THE GAMES. darrrrrrr
Bro I can hit ruts in gp pro. Funny thing is these guys all say great another copy and paste then want copy and paste features from last game.

To anyone saying mesx1 is better than mesx2... you’re on crack
7/4/2019 8:24am
thepelican wrote:
No hills, no ruts, no breaking bumps, no free whips, no free scrubs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH-pWZld_uE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwA…
Why can't you just appreciate it? Everything is a work in progress and they continue getting better, making progress, giving us new features, work on physics and try their best. Our sport is so complex that it is very hard to 100% duplicate it. Just appreciate we're able to play a game as good as this. People would freak out if Milestone would stop producing MX/SX games but the only thing they do when a new game comes out is complaining what is not perfect.

The Shop

Bennett59
7/4/2019 9:49am
thepelican wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
Does anyone actually whip or scrub when they are racing online?
I do but just how I play, yea there scripted and all but still looks good. Sometimes depending where off the lip you start your scrub/whip sometimes lets you put your own flair on it a little. I like monster/mxgp games and I like mx vs atv games they both focus and different aspects. I was really fast on reflex and encore I struggle a little with all out, Monster 2 took me a min to get a flow for it I was not huge about it till I started actually taking my time and hitting my marks then online it can be some intense battles
MotoMo165
7/4/2019 9:59am
thepelican wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
Does anyone actually whip or scrub when they are racing online?
Bennett59 wrote:
I do but just how I play, yea there scripted and all but still looks good. Sometimes depending where off the lip you start your scrub/whip...
I do but just how I play, yea there scripted and all but still looks good. Sometimes depending where off the lip you start your scrub/whip sometimes lets you put your own flair on it a little. I like monster/mxgp games and I like mx vs atv games they both focus and different aspects. I was really fast on reflex and encore I struggle a little with all out, Monster 2 took me a min to get a flow for it I was not huge about it till I started actually taking my time and hitting my marks then online it can be some intense battles
Yep. You can “break” the scrub by doing the scrub and leaning forward, if time right you don’t get a scripted scrub and it’s much easier to control the scrub and doable in battles. It’s tough to learn the “glitch” I don’t really play much anymore so that’s the secret to scrubbing during battles and still landing to set yourself up for the next corner.

Scrub, then before tires leave the lip slide the right stick around to the top. It’s sorta tough to get the hang of but very rewarding.
greenmx5
7/4/2019 10:04am
Going to be pretty sweet to have all that land to build a massive moto track.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
7/4/2019 12:01pm
Vet Track Editor
greenmx5
7/4/2019 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 2:13pm
thepelican wrote:
Why can't you just appreciate it? Everything is a work in progress and they continue getting better, making progress, giving us new features, work on physics...
Why can't you just appreciate it? Everything is a work in progress and they continue getting better, making progress, giving us new features, work on physics and try their best. Our sport is so complex that it is very hard to 100% duplicate it. Just appreciate we're able to play a game as good as this. People would freak out if Milestone would stop producing MX/SX games but the only thing they do when a new game comes out is complaining what is not perfect.
I think people are just upset that mxgp 3 had ruts that made a difference. Then mxgp pro did not. That's a head scratcher and not an improvement. Why go backwards? And mxgp 2019 shows no signs of ruts yet either.
Sweetd31
7/4/2019 5:06pm
thepelican wrote:
Why can't you just appreciate it? Everything is a work in progress and they continue getting better, making progress, giving us new features, work on physics...
greenmx5 wrote:
I think people are just upset that mxgp 3 had ruts that made a difference. Then mxgp pro did not. That's a head scratcher and not...
I think people are just upset that mxgp 3 had ruts that made a difference. Then mxgp pro did not. That's a head scratcher and not an improvement. Why go backwards? And mxgp 2019 shows no signs of ruts yet either.
cuz they dont even speak english
GioFMX
7/4/2019 5:09pm
greenmx5 wrote:
I think people are just upset that mxgp 3 had ruts that made a difference. Then mxgp pro did not. That's a head scratcher and not...
Sweetd31 wrote:
Well Milestone is italian just as me...it's the only gaming Company in italy. I think that it's impressive that they have all' the moto-related sports (and WRC, also)
greenmx5
7/4/2019 5:20pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Sweetd31 wrote:
BS12
7/4/2019 5:23pm
GioFMX wrote:
Well the environment looks Cool but the track looks like supercross outdoors ..It doesn't have Hills and elevation changes which are Needed to make cool Mx...
Well the environment looks Cool but the track looks like supercross outdoors ..It doesn't have Hills and elevation changes which are Needed to make cool Mx and National tracks, even replicas
WW Ranch just took its shirt off.
mxgoon
7/4/2019 6:17pm
thepelican wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
Plenty of ruts on pro your just not doing long enough motos. Real tracks dont rut up.in 3 laps either. Lol
greenmx5
7/4/2019 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 8:16pm
greenmx5 wrote:
mxgoon wrote:
Plenty of ruts on pro your just not doing long enough motos. Real tracks dont rut up.in 3 laps either. Lol
I did full motos/race days for a full season buddy. They're nothing like MXGP 3. How do you people even try to argue this.

Real tracks will also rut up in 3 laps given enough riders. Ever ride one?
Sweetd31
7/5/2019 12:41am
greenmx5 wrote:
Sweetd31 wrote:
GioFMX wrote:
Well Milestone is italian just as me...it's the only gaming Company in italy. I think that it's impressive that they have all' the moto-related sports (and...
Well Milestone is italian just as me...it's the only gaming Company in italy. I think that it's impressive that they have all' the moto-related sports (and WRC, also)
Of course, I was teasing for the most part (well kind of).
Sweetd31
7/5/2019 10:06am

4 The record, I am a fan of this series. Just waiting for significant improvement before returning. Same with Madden, have not bought one since Madden 25.

In saying that, the gravity looks really good in this one, I know that seems like a weird thing to say, but I have been a hard critic on them for gravity. But it appears they have finally nailed it. The rider actually looks like he pumps, and is transferring momentum with his body movements. In addition, I remember an old MXGP 2 early access video with RV, and it had free whips to the point he was doing barrel rolls, and backflips MVA All Out style. --They obviously ditched it for instability, maybe it is time to try again. Until then, I currently have a game where I can have an actual conversation with the game studio, and they respond back with updates and new content. I think its fair to say that is the standard Milestone should meet. If more companies across the spectrum started listening to its fans vs its investors, we would have the game catalogs of our dreams.

Peace,
Daniel
JohnnyMc
7/5/2019 11:42am
Just seems like Milestone's idea of increasing difficulty and making ai more competitive is to just reduce rear tire traction for the player. Seems like a lazy fix imo. On a positive note...looks like the drab-gray filter finally got removed...real blue "clear sky" colors!
GioFMX
7/5/2019 12:53pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
[embed] https://youtu.be/r1CjPRFfMjQ [/embed] 4 The record, I am a fan of this series. Just waiting for significant improvement before returning. Same with Madden, have not bought...

4 The record, I am a fan of this series. Just waiting for significant improvement before returning. Same with Madden, have not bought one since Madden 25.

In saying that, the gravity looks really good in this one, I know that seems like a weird thing to say, but I have been a hard critic on them for gravity. But it appears they have finally nailed it. The rider actually looks like he pumps, and is transferring momentum with his body movements. In addition, I remember an old MXGP 2 early access video with RV, and it had free whips to the point he was doing barrel rolls, and backflips MVA All Out style. --They obviously ditched it for instability, maybe it is time to try again. Until then, I currently have a game where I can have an actual conversation with the game studio, and they respond back with updates and new content. I think its fair to say that is the standard Milestone should meet. If more companies across the spectrum started listening to its fans vs its investors, we would have the game catalogs of our dreams.

Peace,
Daniel
Could you share the link of the Mxgp 2 video? I'm really curious...
greenmx5
7/5/2019 2:10pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
[embed] https://youtu.be/r1CjPRFfMjQ [/embed] 4 The record, I am a fan of this series. Just waiting for significant improvement before returning. Same with Madden, have not bought...

Peace,
Daniel
I agree with everything Windham has said in this video. There's no sense of traction and the deformation is merely just for looks. The graphics during gameplay are amazing though. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait to get my hands on the outdoor track editor. But the physics don't look much different from MXGP Pro. I hope once it gets into our hands that I'm proven wrong. I did one full season in MX1 on hardcore mode or whatever it was on MXGP Pro and never touched it again. I come back to the supercross games for the track editor. And I still throw in MXGP 3 for the ruts
MotoMo165
7/5/2019 7:43pm
greenmx5 wrote:
mxgoon wrote:
It’s useless bro.

Wyndham suck ass at gp pro from his small clip, anything he says about the game isn’t even credible.

The guy playing was full throttle and full brake full throttle full brake, ofc he’s gonna be sliding around. We’ll see home launch day. The guy couldn’t even put together logical lines on the track🤦‍♂️ Every milestone game has looked like shit until someone actually good gets the controller in their hands (me)
mxgoon
7/6/2019 11:10pm
greenmx5 wrote:
mxgoon wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
I did full motos/race days for a full season buddy. They're nothing like MXGP 3. How do you people even try to argue this. Real tracks...
I did full motos/race days for a full season buddy. They're nothing like MXGP 3. How do you people even try to argue this.

Real tracks will also rut up in 3 laps given enough riders. Ever ride one?
No but I rode ya mum. She's well broken in.
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
7/7/2019 1:48am
MotoMo165 wrote:
It’s useless bro. Wyndham suck ass at gp pro from his small clip, anything he says about the game isn’t even credible. The guy playing was...
It’s useless bro.

Wyndham suck ass at gp pro from his small clip, anything he says about the game isn’t even credible.

The guy playing was full throttle and full brake full throttle full brake, ofc he’s gonna be sliding around. We’ll see home launch day. The guy couldn’t even put together logical lines on the track🤦‍♂️ Every milestone game has looked like shit until someone actually good gets the controller in their hands (me)
I agree with some of your points, windham is not that great at the game. That’s why I only turn to donut for reviews/gameplay but he takes forever to release content.

The pre release footage never looks good, I don’t know why milestone doesn’t get someone halfway decent behind the controller to make the game look good.
7/7/2019 2:38am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2019 2:41am
I understand people getting frustrated by lack of traction feeling but at the same time you do need a gameplay mechanic that challenges the player.

I remember the same thing happening with Reflex. Some people hated the lack of traction/ice rink feeling, so they "fixed" it and subsequently every other iteration was worse...

Reflex and the MXGP games are all perfectly masterable with gear selection, throttle control and learning the tracks. That is the gameplay, that is the challenge. If there's great traction everywhere then I'm not sure where the difficulty comes from. This is an MX game exclusively, so there are no difficult rhythm sections that require fantastic timing etc. What separates the players?

I agree that the deformation should actually do something though. There should be a clear advantage and noticeable difference to what you can get away with whilst in a rut vs not being in one. Then after a few laps it should get too deep so that it begins to hinder (if this can't be achieved visually, then mechanically i.e your bike begins to feel slow as it does in a mud race) so you're forced to search elsewhere for better lines.
GioFMX
7/8/2019 4:55am
I still hope thqt they bring Legends and Customizable helmets Just like MotoGP 2019. It would bè awesome to.ride some Kx500 in those old 80s tracks. Also I Hope that there are 2 strokes in this game

Post a reply to: MXGP 2019 (Game)

The Latest