MXGP 2019 (Game)

Spudnut
5/14/2019 6:23pm
22Ryann wrote:
Looks like they added a bunch of great things, but the gameplay still looking lame. RIP
You look lame but we don’t hold it against you
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
5/14/2019 6:55pm
Spudnut wrote:
I'm not trying to falsely advertise year after year that I'm a whole new man.
MotoMo165
5/14/2019 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2019 8:56pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Remember bud you're on a moto forum where there are people that race. I've raced for 25 years, I know the rear end kicks out. But...
Remember bud you're on a moto forum where there are people that race. I've raced for 25 years, I know the rear end kicks out. But you don't drift over and across multiple ruts like they don't exist like in the picture I showed or how you drift in the MXGP games. Take a look at the pictures you posted. They are flat corners where you do slide through and weight the outside peg (if you know what that means) aside from one that has a sand berm on the edge of the rear tire. Quit trying to be the "gotcha guy"
lol gotcha. come on bro it was a good post stop hatin. you’re right tho, and that’s the thing. their are no “ruts” in the game...
lol gotcha. come on bro it was a good post stop hatin. you’re right tho, and that’s the thing. their are no “ruts” in the game, so the rear is going to slide out until they create ruts that react with the bike. i don’t like the powerslide feature much either. but it needs to be improved not taken away
greenmx5 wrote:
I don't mind the power slide, drift, whatever you prefer to call it, when it's appropriately used on hard packed tracks. But they went too far...
I don't mind the power slide, drift, whatever you prefer to call it, when it's appropriately used on hard packed tracks. But they went too far the opposite direction in mxgp pro. It was like every track was blue grooved and no traction. If it's a sand or rutted turn, I want it to feel like I'm hooking up into something and railing a rut. That's how I felt in mxgp 3. As the track developed, my lap times dropped. I was able to make my own lines. Now it's just ruts for looks. And nothing in the few little clips for MXGP 2019 showed me this has changed. That's a bummer.
Really Cause in gp pro the only way to set top times on leaderboards was to take good lines and make usable ruts to drop your time. The thing about gp pro is you had to carry all your momentum or else you’d be sliding... ? sounds fun to me. I’ll agree that on some tracks the dirt shouldn’t be so slippery. You probably enjoyed mx2 bikes more than the mx1 class cause you didn’t have to focus on not using brakes very much, or carrying as much speed.

I’m glad they don’t listen to some of you guys haha well they don’t listen to anyone.. Hopefully this time we can vote for the weather on run release day?‍♂️ Like what the actual fuck were they thinking with that shit. Gp pro had its moments when even when you were playing the game correctly (only drifting when you chose to: like correct rpm/gear) you’d still occasionally slide out. WTF! Everyone’s reaction.
Had to learn the corners on certain tracks even tho the crash doesn’t add up and just adapt to the game if you wanted to go fast.

Sx2 ruts work better than gp pro, but Barely. And ruts in gp pro were hard to (because they barely implement the function, but you can hit them). Games still fun, though more frustrating then it needs to be at times and not because of realism.

Thumbs down? Lolol. first paragraph does come off assholis. I was mainly talking all the people saying how slippery it is, y’all know who y’all are
Spudnut
5/14/2019 9:06pm
Spudnut wrote:
22Ryann wrote:
I'm not trying to falsely advertise year after year that I'm a whole new man.
Hahaha you got me there ?

The Shop

Danster
5/14/2019 10:10pm
Make the fricking games MXGP & SX two players.!
Us old guys don’t play online.!
norcal racer
5/14/2019 11:45pm
Have the developers ever addressed not being able to hook up in ruts? Don’t know how to make it or what
5/15/2019 12:23am
The track editor alone has sold me on this game. Hopefully the bikes will kick up some roost, those pictures look weird without it. And as norcal racer said, I hope they do something about the ruts. Being able to rail them will be amazing, but also entering too fast and tipping over would be a welcomb addition. Can't wait to see some more game play!
5/15/2019 12:57am
How is it possible that almost every person responses in a bad way to a new moto game? We should be glad that Milestone puts out games on such regular bases and constantly tries to improve. Obviously, it won't be perfect and it will have its flaws but damn it...everything is a work in progress and they really try to listen and improve. No game was like the other. There are constant changes in physics, graphic, features and so on. Motocross is such a niche sport and Milestone puts up the work to provide a new game every year for us. But all people do is complain about every little thing they could possibly find. Imagine how frustrating that must be for Milestone. It's a shame. Why can't people just be happy and appreciative?
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
5/15/2019 2:44am
How is it possible that almost every person responses in a bad way to a new moto game? We should be glad that Milestone puts out...
How is it possible that almost every person responses in a bad way to a new moto game? We should be glad that Milestone puts out games on such regular bases and constantly tries to improve. Obviously, it won't be perfect and it will have its flaws but damn it...everything is a work in progress and they really try to listen and improve. No game was like the other. There are constant changes in physics, graphic, features and so on. Motocross is such a niche sport and Milestone puts up the work to provide a new game every year for us. But all people do is complain about every little thing they could possibly find. Imagine how frustrating that must be for Milestone. It's a shame. Why can't people just be happy and appreciative?
I think it’s due to the fact we had a great game in mxgp3 and all anyone really asked is for minor improvements. Milestone then introduced mxgp pro, flipped the game on its head and proceeded to fuck us all. They didn’t consider the minor improvements the community wanted. It’s almost like mva reflex to alive. Why has the series gone backwards in gameplay?
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
5/15/2019 2:46am
One thing is for sure. It will have great rider and bike customization, the graphix will be decent again but will they finally #FreeTheWhip? i don't think so.
flatout111
5/15/2019 4:10am
How is it possible that almost every person responses in a bad way to a new moto game? We should be glad that Milestone puts out...
Fresh wrote:
I think it’s due to the fact we had a great game in mxgp3 and all anyone really asked is for minor improvements. Milestone then introduced...
I think it’s due to the fact we had a great game in mxgp3 and all anyone really asked is for minor improvements. Milestone then introduced mxgp pro, flipped the game on its head and proceeded to fuck us all. They didn’t consider the minor improvements the community wanted. It’s almost like mva reflex to alive. Why has the series gone backwards in gameplay?
See, that's the problem. Everyone's opinions are different. I thought 3 was the worst game in the series. They sped the game up too much. I preferred 1 and 2.

Also in 1 and 2 the right stick wasn't a whip mechanic which is so overrated. In 1 and 2, you could use the right stick to weight the outside peg in corners which is way more important than whipping.
greenmx5
5/15/2019 5:59am
lol gotcha. come on bro it was a good post stop hatin. you’re right tho, and that’s the thing. their are no “ruts” in the game...
lol gotcha. come on bro it was a good post stop hatin. you’re right tho, and that’s the thing. their are no “ruts” in the game, so the rear is going to slide out until they create ruts that react with the bike. i don’t like the powerslide feature much either. but it needs to be improved not taken away
greenmx5 wrote:
I don't mind the power slide, drift, whatever you prefer to call it, when it's appropriately used on hard packed tracks. But they went too far...
I don't mind the power slide, drift, whatever you prefer to call it, when it's appropriately used on hard packed tracks. But they went too far the opposite direction in mxgp pro. It was like every track was blue grooved and no traction. If it's a sand or rutted turn, I want it to feel like I'm hooking up into something and railing a rut. That's how I felt in mxgp 3. As the track developed, my lap times dropped. I was able to make my own lines. Now it's just ruts for looks. And nothing in the few little clips for MXGP 2019 showed me this has changed. That's a bummer.
MotoMo165 wrote:
Really Cause in gp pro the only way to set top times on leaderboards was to take good lines and make usable ruts to drop your...
Really Cause in gp pro the only way to set top times on leaderboards was to take good lines and make usable ruts to drop your time. The thing about gp pro is you had to carry all your momentum or else you’d be sliding... ? sounds fun to me. I’ll agree that on some tracks the dirt shouldn’t be so slippery. You probably enjoyed mx2 bikes more than the mx1 class cause you didn’t have to focus on not using brakes very much, or carrying as much speed.

I’m glad they don’t listen to some of you guys haha well they don’t listen to anyone.. Hopefully this time we can vote for the weather on run release day?‍♂️ Like what the actual fuck were they thinking with that shit. Gp pro had its moments when even when you were playing the game correctly (only drifting when you chose to: like correct rpm/gear) you’d still occasionally slide out. WTF! Everyone’s reaction.
Had to learn the corners on certain tracks even tho the crash doesn’t add up and just adapt to the game if you wanted to go fast.

Sx2 ruts work better than gp pro, but Barely. And ruts in gp pro were hard to (because they barely implement the function, but you can hit them). Games still fun, though more frustrating then it needs to be at times and not because of realism.

Thumbs down? Lolol. first paragraph does come off assholis. I was mainly talking all the people saying how slippery it is, y’all know who y’all are
I enjoyed the 450s and was in the top 50 of the leaderboards on all the tracks. So your assumptions are a little off. You're fine with not ever having traction and not being able to grab a handful of throttle when the dirt is supposed to hook up and there's supposed to be a rut there? Maybe 2% of the time what looks like a rut in the track will actually make a difference, but that's about it.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
5/15/2019 7:09am
Supercross circuit had the best ruts of any moto game ever made, prove me wrong. It's also a blast playing a full season of AMA outdoors...
Supercross circuit had the best ruts of any moto game ever made, prove me wrong. It's also a blast playing a full season of AMA outdoors on there with real layouts
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
5/15/2019 7:31am
Fresh wrote:
I think it’s due to the fact we had a great game in mxgp3 and all anyone really asked is for minor improvements. Milestone then introduced...
flatout111 wrote:
See, that's the problem. Everyone's opinions are different. I thought 3 was the worst game in the series. They sped the game up too much. I...
See, that's the problem. Everyone's opinions are different. I thought 3 was the worst game in the series. They sped the game up too much. I preferred 1 and 2.

Also in 1 and 2 the right stick wasn't a whip mechanic which is so overrated. In 1 and 2, you could use the right stick to weight the outside peg in corners which is way more important than whipping.
Can we agree mxgp pro was shit? I never played 1 or 2
Denn700
5/15/2019 7:32am
Supercross circuit had the best ruts of any moto game ever made, prove me wrong. It's also a blast playing a full season of AMA outdoors...
Supercross circuit had the best ruts of any moto game ever made, prove me wrong. It's also a blast playing a full season of AMA outdoors on there with real layouts
Markee wrote:
That is the Supercross in that game and it was average at best. The outdoor replica tracks is what was good in that game.
greenmx5
5/15/2019 7:33am
Markee wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any ruts UnsureDryHuh
chuckdavies
5/15/2019 8:05am

5/15/2019 8:26am
Markee wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any ruts UnsureDryHuh
Not on that track. All the outdoors had ruts and a few supercross tracks had ruts too. I loved the custom helmet painting part of the game.

I know I complain so much about these games because I’m sick of the games getting better in some areas, but worse in other areas. Like how hard is it to take a game that’s not that bad, keep the good things, and fix the negatives? We don’t need these companies to reinvent the wheel. I haven’t been a fan of the unreal engine physics personally. Or the scrubs. I never use them because I hate that when you initiate the scrub, you’re frozen until you land. I just feel like we’ve had motocross games for over 20 years now, over the last 10 years there hasn’t been a huge improvement. And if there is a break through on a game, the other aspects will be broken or not as good. The biggest improvement is the look of the graphics in Milestone games. Or having real replica races.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
5/15/2019 9:23am
Danster wrote:
I’m 61 and play mxgp pro everyday online, speak for yourself!
Denn700
5/15/2019 9:24am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2019 9:28am
Go to about 1:30 to see the first rut railed.
Mossy
5/15/2019 9:26am
Danster wrote:
Yes, cater the game to the folks who can’t even work a smart phone, much less get on the internet! Woohoo Get with the times or get left behind.
Mossy
5/15/2019 9:31am
greenmx5 wrote:
MotoMo165 wrote:
Really Cause in gp pro the only way to set top times on leaderboards was to take good lines and make usable ruts to drop your...

I think I’m from the minority that really enjoyed GP Pro. The only thing that was annoying was falling due to the track being slippery when it was obviously dry, or when you go to rail a berm and somehow you fall from leaning too far over.

I did however enjoy hitting the brakes, then using momentum to carry through a turn and then back on the gas perfectly. That always felt great
flatout111
5/15/2019 9:39am
I preferred Pro to 3 but I think I preferred 2 to Pro. So there you go. That is why the developers have a hard time. Everyone thinks something different.

SX Circuit was fun but the game was like 5x too fast. That killed it for me. It was utter chaos speed. So ruts didn't matter because it was so fast I didn't enjoy playing it despite it doing a lot of cool things.
5/15/2019 11:46am
flatout111 wrote:
See, that's the problem. Everyone's opinions are different. I thought 3 was the worst game in the series. They sped the game up too much. I...

Totally agreed!

2 was by far the best of the series IMHO. I hated 3 with a passion.
GioFMX
5/31/2019 4:22am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 4:23am
I'm really liking MXGP 2 (pro physics and Real difficulty) and was thinking about getting Gp pro. However I think that GP 2019 with the track editor Will be better. However I would really love if they added custom paintings and liveries and customizable helmets like in Ride and MotoGP and Also some sx track to have some variety, just like mxgp2. Also MXoN would be Great since It was missing from the last games. I would also like some freestyle (with official riders,compounds, competitions like MTX mototrax) but that It just never going to happen. Maybe Mx vs Atv Will do It. But to be able to throw some tricks and flips in freeride would be really cool
roninho
5/31/2019 6:29am
Adding a track editor (assuming its easy to use) is great to get the mx community more interested in this game. I'd love to play on the circuits i ride on during the weekends.

In addition i'd love it if there would be an easy way to create your own race class with new riders. So that you can create an ama 450 class, or a 125 gp class from the 80s or 90s, or even your local class
GioFMX
5/31/2019 6:32am
roninho wrote:
Adding a track editor (assuming its easy to use) is great to get the mx community more interested in this game. I'd love to play on...
Adding a track editor (assuming its easy to use) is great to get the mx community more interested in this game. I'd love to play on the circuits i ride on during the weekends.

In addition i'd love it if there would be an easy way to create your own race class with new riders. So that you can create an ama 450 class, or a 125 gp class from the 80s or 90s, or even your local class
I Hope that the track editor gives enough flexibility to build mx,sx and National tracks with different elevations etc. And also something crazier with huge jumps
greenmx5
5/31/2019 7:07am
I would think we'd get a gameplay video sometime soon. They released that short preview a few weeks ago and it's been quiet ever since.

Post a reply to: MXGP 2019 (Game)

The Latest