MXGP 2019 (Game)

Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
8/7/2019 8:40am
Honestly it’s great mva is making replica tracks of the AMA nationals but every time I play them I can’t help but think how much better they would be on a milestone game
greenmx5
8/7/2019 9:19am
Fresh wrote:
Honestly it’s great mva is making replica tracks of the AMA nationals but every time I play them I can’t help but think how much better...
Honestly it’s great mva is making replica tracks of the AMA nationals but every time I play them I can’t help but think how much better they would be on a milestone game
I wouldn't enjoy sliding around Red Bud like a skating rink with no ruts and casing Laroccos Leap no matter how fast you hit it.
peelout
8/7/2019 9:37am
hard skip for me. these games are going backwards instead of progressing
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1317th
8/7/2019 11:50am
Hard skip here also. I still feel the sting from the farse that was MXGP Pro, and this looks like more of the same.

The Shop

T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
8/7/2019 1:24pm
I just canceled my preorder so I could preorder it again and cancel that preorder too.
motoman617
8/7/2019 3:25pm
I will skip this one unless they make some changes to the track editor to allow hills and valleys. I enjoy their games and try and support them but there is just not enough of a change to warrant another buy.

8/7/2019 11:06pm
I'm with a lot of people here. Gonna skip this one. I just reinstalled MXGP3 and I totally forgot how much better the gameplay is compared to MXGP Pro. It had ruts that deform, berms that you can actually lay it over in, the scrub mechanics allow you to lay it over really far, and the AI uses multiple lines so you can pass. I'm not a game developer, so what I'm about to say might sound dumb, but I don't understand why that can't go back to MXGP3, keep the deformation physics and build from there.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
8/7/2019 11:10pm
I'm with a lot of people here. Gonna skip this one. I just reinstalled MXGP3 and I totally forgot how much better the gameplay is compared...
I'm with a lot of people here. Gonna skip this one. I just reinstalled MXGP3 and I totally forgot how much better the gameplay is compared to MXGP Pro. It had ruts that deform, berms that you can actually lay it over in, the scrub mechanics allow you to lay it over really far, and the AI uses multiple lines so you can pass. I'm not a game developer, so what I'm about to say might sound dumb, but I don't understand why that can't go back to MXGP3, keep the deformation physics and build from there.
They were using a different game engine back then I believe, and maybe the guy who programmed a lot of the good shit wasn't around for the recode using Unreal Engine
8/8/2019 1:05am
I'm with a lot of people here. Gonna skip this one. I just reinstalled MXGP3 and I totally forgot how much better the gameplay is compared...
22Ryann wrote:
They were using a different game engine back then I believe, and maybe the guy who programmed a lot of the good shit wasn't around for...
They were using a different game engine back then I believe, and maybe the guy who programmed a lot of the good shit wasn't around for the recode using Unreal Engine
MXGP3 was the first to use the Unreal engine, but you might be right about the programmer!
8/8/2019 4:43am
I planned to get it on release, and truth be told still will at some point as I enjoy the series, but it has seriously gotten to the point now where they need to change up their game (excuse the pun) and do something different.

MX All Out has really caught me off guard raised the bar with it's National replicas! They're something else.

I didn't even like the game before but lately it's been hugely addictive. Milestone need to improve their circuits - at least the ones that are lacking, and ideally step-up with a whole new physics engine.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
8/8/2019 8:29am
MXGP3 was the best in the series!
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
8/8/2019 2:17pm
Fresh wrote:
Honestly it’s great mva is making replica tracks of the AMA nationals but every time I play them I can’t help but think how much better...
greenmx5 wrote:
I wouldn't enjoy sliding around Red Bud like a skating rink with no ruts and casing Laroccos Leap no matter how fast you hit it.
If you’re casing jumps in mxgp something’s wrong with you. Don’t blame the game
Sweetd31
8/9/2019 8:00am
Fresh wrote:
If you’re casing jumps in mxgp something’s wrong with you. Don’t blame the game
Oh stop it
greenmx5
8/20/2019 9:54am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2019 10:39am
Man. We are a week out from the release and no gameplay really. That's concerning. We really have no idea what we're getting yet with this game. I'm hoping they release something before then. They're actively replying to people on Facebook saying they're going to release something "soon." Nordic/THQ must've already taken over the social media replies as well LaughingLaughing
greenmx5
8/22/2019 10:47am
People on their Facebook page are asking for and complaining about the lack of gameplay. Their replies range from "we confirm that our youtubers and influencers will be ready to show you a lot of gameplays starting next week" to "in a few days you will see a lot of new gameplay made by youtubers and influencers. Stay tuned!" So basically what they're saying is, you'll see gameplay when it releases.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/22/2019 10:54am
greenmx5 wrote:
People on their Facebook page are asking for and complaining about the lack of gameplay. Their replies range from "we confirm that our youtubers and influencers...
People on their Facebook page are asking for and complaining about the lack of gameplay. Their replies range from "we confirm that our youtubers and influencers will be ready to show you a lot of gameplays starting next week" to "in a few days you will see a lot of new gameplay made by youtubers and influencers. Stay tuned!" So basically what they're saying is, you'll see gameplay when it releases.

I get the social media/Youtubers influencer thing but to solely rely on them to put out your content is weak.

#Lame
8/22/2019 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2019 12:41pm
Do you introduce your girlfriend to your friends when she's ugly?
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
8/22/2019 1:08pm
It’s going to be a good game, but nothing we haven’t seen from them before. First one I am skipping out on. Maybe it’ll hit the store for $20 like All Out did that timeCool
Sweetd31
8/22/2019 2:32pm

Looks good to me, and anyone who knows me, knows how MVA biased I am
greenmx5
8/22/2019 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2019 3:30pm
Well fuck me. It looks like there's ruts that actually make a difference. They look deep too. I don't think the person playing was able to give it justice on what those ruts are capable of doing. Maybe the silence was them working on track deformation?
8/22/2019 4:17pm
I talked to the maker of that video - here is what they had to say:

Regarding the gameplay, we find that the bike slips a lot.
The physics in the air is good.
The ruts are present but not yet enough to take them with confidence.

Trying to get some more info
Sweetd31
8/22/2019 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2019 5:59pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Well fuck me. It looks like there's ruts that actually make a difference. They look deep too. I don't think the person playing was able to...
Well fuck me. It looks like there's ruts that actually make a difference. They look deep too. I don't think the person playing was able to give it justice on what those ruts are capable of doing. Maybe the silence was them working on track deformation?
I saw the same thing, on occasion, possibly coincidence, the rear tire and rut appeared to cooperate. The digging into the ground effect looks good, especially with all the roost. That is something I wish MVA had.

Sense of speed appears to be on point too.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
8/22/2019 6:55pm
Was that a game mode to see who could get the fastest lap with a rear flat?
Spudnut
8/22/2019 9:13pm
Just made a pre-order so I can cancel it
WW444
8/23/2019 5:35am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2019 7:26am
I've noticed since MES2, the rider has been so hunched over the bars.. Looks like same goes for this one.Out of the Milestone games, MXGP3 was the best, MES was pretty fun but they went backwards with MES2 and looks to have gone backwards with this one. I full support and appreciate that we are getting games but come on. Like others have said I cant see spending money on it when they go backwards. I gave All out another chance and am having a blast on it. Maybe Nordic and Milestone will now make a hella good game since they joined.

Post a reply to: MXGP 2019 (Game)

The Latest