Lets Get Real About Roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 12:05 PM

It's called a miracle. I know people have for the most part been giving him pats on the back. But truthfully, this guy could have won the race had he started up front. Came from 12th to 4th. He is absolutely a title favorite now just like that. The pure desire and passion to overcome that injury is nothing short of ASTONISHING. So I thought another thread was in order. There should be way more on this forum about his comeback and way less of people hating on Tomac. Just saying..

|

1/7/2018 12:12 PM

The kid has heart & he believes in himself. He put in the hours & it shows.

|

1/7/2018 12:18 PM

Agree, really impressive effort by Roczen

|

KX125

1/7/2018 12:20 PM

He proved he had the one lap speed, which fired one across everyones bow... and from buried in the pack to 4th was stunning.

If he got a top 3 start , he wins. No matter what happens now, Roczen is a legend of 2018.

Its a great comeback, the guy is a machine.

|

1/7/2018 12:20 PM

Agree 100%. It truly is a Cinderella story on his come back. Pretty incredible to say the least.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/7/2018 12:22 PM

Pretty pumped for the guy!

|

1/7/2018 12:25 PM

Yep. Lots of crushed egos this morning. The whole “we put in the work” vibe from the pc just got thrown out the window!!

|

1/7/2018 12:27 PM

Super Pumped for Roczen!

|

1/7/2018 12:28 PM

Total respect, about skills and mindset, he is the golden ball for sure but he has also a fault.

|

1/7/2018 12:29 PM

Totally agree, absolutely astounding comeback...a inspiration to all those who have or are in the process of dealing with major injuries as a result of racing a dirt bike.

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/7/2018 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 12:33 PM

Are you kidding a 4th place finish after an almost career ending injury is great.

|

1/7/2018 12:36 PM

Although he wasn't gaining much on the top 3, he wasn't losing any which is really awesome to see. Even with the cobwebs, the kid was slicing through the pack with ease.

|

1/7/2018 12:43 PM

I'm surprised everyone is so surprised. Did'nt he say he's ready?

|

1/7/2018 12:48 PM

motoxparks wrote:

It's called a miracle. I know people have for the most part been giving him pats on the back. But truthfully, this guy could have won the race had he started up front. Came from 12th to 4th. He is absolutely a title favorite now just like that. The pure desire and passion to overcome that injury is nothing short of ASTONISHING. So I thought another thread was in order. There should be way more on this forum about his comeback and way less of people hating on Tomac. Just saying..

He's only going to get faster. Bad news for the others.

|

1/7/2018 12:50 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Totally agree, absolutely astounding comeback...a inspiration to all those who have or are in the process of dealing with major injuries as a result of racing a dirt bike.

An injury.

|

1/7/2018 12:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 12:51 PM

Watching all those surgeries and videos on ig last year I for sure thought 2018 was out of the question. Mayyybee back for the last couple of nationals. But a 4th at A1 blows my mind.

|

1/7/2018 12:52 PM

Good showing.

|

1/7/2018 12:57 PM

motoxparks wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

He's only going to get faster. Bad news for the others.

The speed is already there. The truly bad news for the others is that Roczen showed patience and restraint last night.

|

1/7/2018 1:23 PM

Stellar performance by KR for sure but what concerns me a little is the amount of times he took his left hand off the bars throughout the day flexing it, looking at it and favoring it. I get it, the dude went thru hell to get to where he is but It seems that there is some concern there that he isn’t sharing and doing his damnest to appear and speak as if he’s 100%.

|

1/7/2018 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 1:53 PM

They brought Kehoe back? Haha I said that was the change they needed.

ps bears pps Seely is terrible they should've picked up Barcia instead.

ppps I love Musquin's mechanic lol

|

1/7/2018 1:38 PM

brocster wrote:

Stellar performance by KR for sure but what concerns me a little is the amount of times he took his left hand off the bars throughout the day flexing it, looking at it and favoring it. I get it, the dude went thru hell to get to where he is but It seems that there is some concern there that he isn’t sharing and doing his damnest to appear and speak as if he’s 100%.

Maybe just trying to keep it loose or doing it out of habit? I don't think we should be concerned, he rode very well for his first race back.

|

1/7/2018 1:39 PM

Totally agree about how amazing his come back is - the kids got heart and lots of it. But....

Hate to play devils advocate against Kenny... but this feel good story could be over in a blink of an eye if he loses the "don't push too hard just yet" mindset and has another bobble like he did last night but isn't lucky enough to save it. Man that could've been hairy had he not checked up and gathered himself before hitting the jump

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

1/7/2018 1:45 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Totally agree about how amazing his come back is - the kids got heart and lots of it. But....

Hate to play devils advocate against Kenny... but this feel good story could be over in a blink of an eye if he loses the "don't push too hard just yet" mindset and has another bobble like he did last night but isn't lucky enough to save it. Man that could've been hairy had he not checked up and gathered himself before hitting the jump

That put my stomach into my throat last night too. First round of SX , 16 more to go....then the outdoors. Lets hope that if he does down , it's on the other side and not a hard hit. Kid has guts! I think he'll just keep getting stronger , but until then , I hope he don't go down on that arm.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/7/2018 1:52 PM

He knows first hand you can’t win it all instantly but you can lose it all instantly.He is going to go the way of Dungey in his title attempt this year.That being said I personally think that was only one of two or three 4th places for the guy this year the rest WILL be podiums. Heart Determination Desire Work ethic. Something all champions share.

|

1/7/2018 1:56 PM

That's it. Hand him the #1 plate already.

|

1/7/2018 2:42 PM

If Tomac stays up Kenny gets fifth. He also gained no time on the podium guys once he got there. He can win the title no doubt but it will be on consistency not outright speed. Marv just rung his bell but was faster. Anderson was faster. Barcia was faster. Eli was faster. Who else did you think would be out speeding him exactly? I get that a racer getting injured racing and then coming back to racing is shocking to some of you and I'm glad that makes it fun. In my opinion he's going to need luck to win the title.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

1/7/2018 3:02 PM

After all the photos and info we got over the last year I still cannot believe he is racing. That was such a vicious injury and I've never seen anything like it. That dude is absolutely savage beyond description.

|

1/7/2018 3:37 PM

FlaNard wrote:

If Tomac stays up Kenny gets fifth. He also gained no time on the podium guys once he got there. He can win the title no doubt but it will be on consistency not outright speed. Marv just rung his bell but was faster. Anderson was faster. Barcia was faster. Eli was faster. Who else did you think would be out speeding him exactly? I get that a racer getting injured racing and then coming back to racing is shocking to some of you and I'm glad that makes it fun. In my opinion he's going to need luck to win the title.

Yeah...he's wayyyyyy off the pace! blink

Photo

|

1/7/2018 4:19 PM

FlaNard wrote:

Skuzzy29 wrote:

Yeah...he's wayyyyyy off the pace! blink

Photo

Feel free to point out the thing I actually said that is incorrect.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

1/7/2018 4:27 PM

FlaNard wrote:

Feel free to point out the thing I actually said that is incorrect.

I did!

|