Jett Law

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2020 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2020 9:27 PM

9th place is a pretty good result for a first pro race. Looks like he had some bobbles but kept his cool. The food poisoning episode probably didn't help but looking at how stacked the west is maybe it didn't hurt him either. He and Hunter are really nice people, I hope they both have a good year.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/4/2020 9:33 PM

captmoto wrote:

9th place is a pretty good result for a first pro race. Looks like he had some bobbles but kept his cool. The food poisoning episode probably didn't help but looking at how stacked the west is maybe it didn't hurt him either. He and Hunter are really nice people, I hope they both have a good year.

Starts are looking like his weakness. They weren't good last summer either. I'm such a fan but bad things happen when you're charging from the back all the time

|

1/4/2020 9:35 PM

He's got his sister covered already.

|

1/4/2020 9:35 PM

Solid day out.
Was it's Derek drake first sx as well.

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

1/4/2020 10:24 PM

struth wrote:

Solid day out.

Yeah but drake is 4 years older then jett. Not bad for a 16 year old. Wouldnt suprise me after a few races he gains some confidence and runs top 5. I think he went down mid moto too.

|

1/4/2020 10:26 PM

crowe176 wrote:

He's got his sister covered already.

I hope they both stay healthy and make the east west showdown.
|

1/4/2020 10:29 PM

JB479 wrote:

Yeah but drake is 4 years older then jett. Not bad for a 16 year old. Wouldnt suprise me after a few races he gains some confidence and runs top 5. I think he went down mid moto too.

Didn't he have Drake covered until he went down? I woudl think Drake has a liitle more SX exposure than Jet does.

|

1/4/2020 10:31 PM

Chris_Buehler wrote:

Starts are looking like his weakness. They weren't good last summer either. I'm such a fan but bad things happen when you're charging from the back all the time

Dude has one pro start that came a day after laying on the bathroom floor blowing out both holes, and you can tell "that's his weakness"? Are you Mrs Cleo?

|

1/4/2020 10:37 PM

struth wrote:

Solid day out.

JB479 wrote:

I remember this 16 year old...cant remember his name...rode the 259...

|

1/5/2020 5:33 AM

Not a bad finish with a stacked class

|

1/5/2020 5:39 AM

struth wrote:

Solid day out.

JB479 wrote:

seventeen wrote:

Best lites rider to ever. Also...he killed it with being sick all weekend and it being his first real SX race.

|

1/5/2020 9:17 AM

captmoto wrote:

Chris_Buehler wrote:

Texas Built wrote:

Dude has one pro start that came a day after laying on the bathroom floor blowing out both holes, and you can tell "that's his weakness"? Are you Mrs Cleo?

One start? He rode 2 Nationals last summer and got bad starts about every moto. Plus his heat and the main smart guy

|

1/5/2020 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2020 9:22 AM

I like his riding style. And he will improve throughout the year, looking forward to see him battle up front. His SX debut was great all things considered. I stick with my previous assessment, and expect greater things from him than his brother.

|

1/5/2020 1:43 PM

Chris_Buehler wrote:

Texas Built wrote:

Chris_Buehler wrote:

One start? He rode 2 Nationals last summer and got bad starts about every moto. Plus his heat and the main smart guy

He was also on an amatuer bike at those nationals and at one of those got punted in to the infield nearly collecting the flag 😂 he got a good start at unadilla on amatuer bike and crashed on near the end first lap trying to pass the guy in front so not really a true statement on his starts .look at most of his amatuer races and the aus x open and monster cup he is normally a up front starter .Watching last night I don’t think it was bad starts. Out of the gate and down the straight was pretty good ,he just didn’t negotiate the first turn or Being first race /not well he was very tentative and cautious of not going down around that first turn / first rhythm which cost him for crying out loud the kid has only done sx for 12-16 weeks unlike the rest of the field regardless of if this was only 2nd year for some racing sx they grew up practicing it as amateurs where Jett never did . The kid learns quick he will figure it out .

|

1/5/2020 1:54 PM

struth wrote:

Solid day out.

JB479 wrote:

seventeen wrote:

Completely different scenarios. Jlaw never rode supercross before 3months ago, He moves halfway across the world. Stewart had the hype and a deal since he was 10 years old. 99% of vital havent even heard the name jett lawrence before loretta’s last year. He wasnt even ment to race supercross in 2020. 🤦‍♂️

|

1/5/2020 1:58 PM

seventeen wrote:

So if you don't meet the standard of the greatest 125 rider ever you're trash? Good Lord.

|

1/5/2020 2:01 PM

Coenmx wrote:

He was also on an amatuer bike at those nationals and at one of those got punted in to the infield nearly collecting the flag 😂 he got a good start at unadilla on amatuer bike and crashed on near the end first lap trying to pass the guy in front so not really a true statement on his starts .look at most of his amatuer races and the aus x open and monster cup he is normally a up front starter .Watching last night I don’t think it was bad starts. Out of the gate and down the straight was pretty good ,he just didn’t negotiate the first turn or Being first race /not well he was very tentative and cautious of not going down around that first turn / first rhythm which cost him for crying out loud the kid has only done sx for 12-16 weeks unlike the rest of the field regardless of if this was only 2nd year for some racing sx they grew up practicing it as amateurs where Jett never did . The kid learns quick he will figure it out .

Good points on the bike he used for the Nationals. I haven't watched the replays yet either just making an observation. Can't wait to see this kid develop

|

1/5/2020 2:07 PM

Seems like a lot of riders get “food poisoning” for some reason. Is it from eating out during the week or what? If I’m a high class athlete I would cook my own foods as much as possible. Hell I do it now and work a normal career. He did impress me lastnight tho

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

1/5/2020 2:10 PM

Did I miss something or did Geico only have 2 guys on the West coast ?

|

1/5/2020 2:17 PM

I thought he looked terrible and uncomfortable in practice. Saw him put her down twice in the whoops and a few close calls/sketchy moments. He pulled it together in the Night show though. Not a bad finish against this field, he can only get better!

|

1/5/2020 3:35 PM

He'll be on the box this year. Maybe needs a little luck but I think he can do it

|

1/5/2020 3:54 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Seems like a lot of riders get “food poisoning” for some reason. Is it from eating out during the week or what? If I’m a high class athlete I would cook my own foods as much as possible. Hell I do it now and work a normal career. He did impress me lastnight tho

I've always thought the same. Seems like a far too common thing. I can't recall ever having food poisoning to that extent.

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

1/5/2020 6:05 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:

I've always thought the same. Seems like a far too common thing. I can't recall ever having food poisoning to that extent.

It's because these dudes work so hard and wear their bodies down so much that their natural defenses can sometimes suffer..

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/5/2020 6:21 PM

I'm so damn excited for this kid to get on a roll.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

1/5/2020 8:15 PM

JB479 wrote:

seventeen wrote:

JB479 wrote:

Completely different scenarios. Jlaw never rode supercross before 3months ago, He moves halfway across the world. Stewart had the hype and a deal since he was 10 years old. 99% of vital havent even heard the name jett lawrence before loretta’s last year. He wasnt even ment to race supercross in 2020. 🤦‍♂️

lets not forget stew was racing a 125... not a 250f..
Most riders came into supercross at 16 when it was the 125.

Now its 250f.. every one wants to race supermini's until 16. and then spend another 2-3 years racing a 250 in training camps before they make there supercross debut.

|

1/5/2020 8:39 PM

seventeen wrote:

Times have changed. I don’t think we will see another RC, Bubba even TP and Ville. Go watch the older races. That class was truly a support class to the event.

With out even thinking about Jett I turned to my son and said why have they stacked up the west so much. He should of went east. But he is keen others are injured.

But back to my point. The 250 class is no joke. Ferrandis was doing times in practice that would be competitive in the 450 class. This is a rider with one regional title. Not 3. The level is raised at an amateur level and again at the 250 level.

|

1/5/2020 8:41 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

I thought he looked terrible and uncomfortable in practice. Saw him put her down twice in the whoops and a few close calls/sketchy moments. He pulled it together in the Night show though. Not a bad finish against this field, he can only get better!

Needs to work a lot on his whoop speed and stability

|

1/6/2020 12:46 AM

He said in his pre race interview that his only goal for the night was to not diarrhea in his pants.

|

1/6/2020 5:32 PM

Donuts give me diarrhea too

|

2012 YZ250
2005 YZ125
2000 XR650L
2007 KLX110
1986 Honda 150 Elite 'Loser Cruiser'

1/7/2020 7:25 AM

This young mans goal is to learn the ropes this year. He will be a contender in the very near future! His family is among the best out there. I feel bad fro Hunter, he has so much potential. I hope he can race by east coast.

|