Jessy Nelson update?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2018 6:49 AM

Anyone know how Jessy Nelson is doing? Has he made any progress?

|

3/14/2018 6:52 AM

He had some hardware removed but i havent seen any progress on reversing the paralized issue. It really sucks

|

3/14/2018 6:56 AM

Man I really feel gutted for the guy. I recently injured my back I have a protrusion on my l4 and 5 not nearly as severe but having back issues is the worst. Hope someday he regains movement

|

3/14/2018 7:37 AM

|

3/14/2018 8:20 AM

That looks horrific

|

3/14/2018 9:19 AM

Good Lord that is medieval looking!

|

3/14/2018 9:30 AM

The hardware in our daughters back

Photo

|

3/14/2018 9:34 AM

I got to stop clicking on these threads.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

3/14/2018 9:39 AM

That xray seriously makes me want to claw at my insides.

|

3/14/2018 11:25 AM

Does anyone know if he or anyone else talked about stem cell treatments? Recently heard of some great success stories treating back injuries and people regaining lower body movement. Treatments were outside of the US of course. I was thinking about sending him a link to the info on instagram.

|

3/14/2018 11:42 AM

mxpro252 wrote:

Does anyone know if he or anyone else talked about stem cell treatments? Recently heard of some great success stories treating ...more

I guarantee you he knows about and has researched stem cell treatments.

|

3/14/2018 12:09 PM

In my opinion, I wouldn’t keep bothering him with links to stem cells and other treatments for spinal cord injuries. As someone who also has an SCI, and being a former racer as well, I personally get really annoyed when people ask “is he walking yet?” Or when people send links to things like stem cells. Most of us are up to date on any new treatments. Stem cells are not legal to treat spinal cord injuries as the technology is still so new. There could be cancerous tumors that come with stem cells. Of all the stories you see and hear about how stem cells work, there are 3 more stories where it actually hurt the person and made things worse.

So I can understand that your intentions are good, trying to share things that could help, but like I said, me personally, I get annoyed when people send stuff like that. Hard to compare it to anything that would make others understand.

Maybe Jessy is different, he might like people sending him links. But of all the parapalegic I’ve spoken to, it’s kind of annoying.

|

3/14/2018 12:18 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I got to stop clicking on these threads.

I’m with you on that! This and that hand in Social Scoop making me nervous about riding tonight at Del Valle

|

3/14/2018 12:34 PM

HandicapMX wrote:

In my opinion, I wouldn’t keep bothering him with links to stem cells and other treatments for spinal cord injuries. As ...more

Mesenchymal stems cells. Less tumor and cancer risk then embryonic. A lot of us doctors perform this in cities like panama. You probably know this all, but I just wanted to state there is some good research and results on this other kind of stem cells.

|

3/14/2018 12:35 PM

Wow! That hardware is viscous looking. Heal up Jessy, and glad you're feeling better after getting that out.

Photo

|

3/14/2018 1:13 PM

motokawi818 wrote:

Mesenchymal stems cells. Less tumor and cancer risk then embryonic. A lot of us doctors perform this in cities like panama. ...more

Pretty sure these were the ones I heard about recently, and yes it was out of Panama. And I totally understand not wanting to be bombarded by links. Figured I'd throw it out on here first

|

3/14/2018 1:21 PM

motokawi818 wrote:

Mesenchymal stems cells. Less tumor and cancer risk then embryonic. A lot of us doctors perform this in cities like panama. ...more

Then why not do it the right way and get approval to do it in the states? I know of the panama stuff. They might be helping with certain conditions but not with SCI. And the fact that they even take peoples money that have a SCI, leading them to believe it will make them walk again, is sickening.

|

3/14/2018 1:28 PM

mxpro252 wrote:

Pretty sure these were the ones I heard about recently, and yes it was out of Panama. And I totally understand not wanting to ...more

I would not share it. Not because of how it might make Jessy feel but because it's a sham. And that misleading information shouldn't be passed around. Take my word for it, I've been paralyzed for over 7 years now. No one wants me out of my chair more than I do my self. I've looked into all of this. I know you just mean well and want to help. But there is nothing out there yet that is legit and available. Certainly some exciting stuff in the works though... going through the proper avenues to be approved for use in the US. Many of which, if proven successful, will likely be covered by insurance/medicare. Rather than spending $30k on some injections in Panama that are not proven to help.

|

3/14/2018 3:12 PM

Thor34103 wrote:

Photo

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Hope things are well with your family.

|

3/14/2018 4:12 PM

MELTON139 wrote:

Anyone know how Jessy Nelson is doing? Has he made any progress?

Here's a pretty recent update from him directly.......

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/catching-jessy-nelson-2/

|

7/4/2018 6:13 AM

Man, tough one Jessy. Sounds like he’s got a pretty good attitude though.

|

7/4/2018 6:30 AM

Thor34103 wrote:

Photo

Scoliosis?

|

7/4/2018 6:52 AM

Ya I’d be curious unfortunately I have scoliosis. Been thinking about surgery

|

7/4/2018 8:48 AM

We had rods / fusion done for our Son's scoliosis (CP-related). They weren't able to straighten him very much before locking everything down, and now he's fused with about 30-degrees of bend, has lost mobilit and is not at all happy about it. I wish we'd have talked to more people who had it done before we went forward with it. Seems like we only heard what we wanted to hear and ignored all the possible drawbacks. That being said, our case is unique and some people have certainly had positive results. I worry most about long-term pain as he ages. Pick a surgeon carefully and find one who's willing to discuss the details of the process with you, step-by-step.

|

7/4/2018 8:55 AM

Xracer wrote:

We had rods / fusion done for our Son's scoliosis (CP-related). They weren't able to straighten him very much before locking ...more

So sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for him

|

7/4/2018 9:18 AM

Xracer wrote:

We had rods / fusion done for our Son's scoliosis (CP-related). They weren't able to straighten him very much before locking ...more

Kyle_McNab wrote:

X2 . was it a motocross incident?

|

7/4/2018 10:15 AM

My 16yr old daughter had her spinal fusion done at Children's hospital in Denver. So far so good. Photo

|

7/4/2018 11:22 AM

Cool Rides wrote:

My 16yr old daughter had her spinal fusion done at Children's hospital in Denver. So far so good. Photo

Wow that looks like a big improvement. I’ve been contemplating surgery for my scoliosis it’s a little more than 20% in my lower back. Just scared I’m not gonna be able to ride a bike again

|

7/4/2018 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 11:26 AM

|

7/4/2018 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 11:33 AM

Xracer wrote:

Kyle_McNab wrote:

PastranaWho wrote:

X2 . was it a motocross incident?

You're asking if his scoliosis was the result of a motorcycle accident?

|