Izzi

Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:39am
"Some more random info: Nico Izzi is going to be a daddy. He’s also racing the west coast this year alongside Broc Tickle." from racerhead

congrats to izzi on the baby news!
|
mx918
12/13/2009 10:12am
Wow.

The Shop

bvm111
12/13/2009 12:16pm
congrats? is he even 18? what a dumb ass talk about destroying your life!!!
12/13/2009 12:26pm
bvm111 wrote:
How familiar are you with his situation? How long has he been with the mom? Is he still with the mom? Are his parents going to keep it?

I don't know any of these answers either, but then again, I'm not calling him a dumbass or claiming he has ruined his life.

He is 19.
bvm111
12/13/2009 12:32pm
I stand corrected he is 19, that makes the situation so much better.....ok you be "understanding" and "supportive".....let me guess this will be the best thing that will ever happen to him..... however I call it as I see it... and my opinion is he is a dumb ass!
12/13/2009 12:38pm
If I had a baby at 19 it would probably would have ruined my life. But he has the money to support a kid. And my guess is his parents poured themselves into getting him to this point in his career. I would be surprised if they didn't step up and take care of the kid.

Thats all I'm saying. I am not being understanding or supportive, just not so sure it ruined his life. And lets be honest this could have happend to most of us when we were 19. Part of being young and dumb.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
12/13/2009 2:25pm
bvm111 wrote:
Youre a dumbass. Just because your stupid ass would not have been mature enough to handle it doesnt mean others are not.

JW381
12/13/2009 3:13pm
It's only dumb if you're 18 or 19 and don't have a career yet. I think Izzi found his quite some time ago. So, if he's not gonna wrap it up, he'll deal with the consequences, and money wise, he'll be a lot better off than most 18 or 19 year old dads. Money can't make you a good dad, but at least he'll have some income going for him.
user760a
12/13/2009 3:24pm
give the guy a break, 19 is 19. He is not a minor. 19 year olds fight for us in Iraq and afganistan every day.

maybe having a kid at 19 will be the best thing that has ever happened to him, maybe it will motivate him in a way that only a major life changing event could

people usually use the phrase "life changing event" when referring to some catastrophic injury or very difficult , unavoidable situation ....and it is not looked at as a potentially positive situation

having a kid is a life changing event and potentialy very positive

BTW feel free to ignore this post ....i have no children that I know of
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
12/13/2009 3:44pm
Good for him. I guess some of you would rather see him be a dead beat dad, deny the kid as his or tell the mom to beat it. Who the hell are you to judge? If you don't know his life situation, then why open your mouth. You can assume it will be bad for him, but on the other hand it could be the best thing for him. It could have him growing up, being responsible, and having an extra mouth to feed is great motivation.

Off season sucks, plain and simple.
zookie
12/13/2009 8:10pm
Having a kid at 19 in the midst of your career is almost certainly a mistake. Thinking it is a good idea just shows how immature and foolish 19 yr olds can be.
Hank_Thrill
12/13/2009 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2009 8:19pm
Just as your engine may fail while accelerating up to a triple; sometimes you just can't pull out on time.
Stephon
12/13/2009 8:20pm
In a lot of cases "what happened" becomes less and less important. "What you do about it" is what matters going forward. Izzi has proven to be quite exceptional in one area; let's hope for all of us he can do it again in this new area.
dpingree101
12/13/2009 8:56pm
I know Nico and his girlfriend (fiance) are planning on getting married, and were before this happened. It's probably not the ideal situation but it will certainly be a test of character for him and his baby's mama. I've got two kids and I've never had something be more frustrating, amazing and overwhelming all at once. If he is to make the best of this situation he will be forced to grow up quickly. Best of luck to him.
Crush
12/13/2009 9:04pm
Just as your engine may fail while accelerating up to a triple; sometimes you just can't pull out on time.
hahahahaha... funny... but also kinda borderline too rude!!! I'm laughing...
MXR
12/13/2009 9:04pm
I know Nico and his girlfriend (fiance) are planning on getting married, and were before this happened. It's probably not the ideal situation but it will...
I know Nico and his girlfriend (fiance) are planning on getting married, and were before this happened. It's probably not the ideal situation but it will certainly be a test of character for him and his baby's mama. I've got two kids and I've never had something be more frustrating, amazing and overwhelming all at once. If he is to make the best of this situation he will be forced to grow up quickly. Best of luck to him.
Welcome Ping 101 . You have got to be stoked about Townley on the TLD Team huh ?
ehr400
12/14/2009 6:52am
Pushing when he should have been a pulling.
swizcore
12/14/2009 7:08am
Stephon wrote:
In a lot of cases "what happened" becomes less and less important. "What you do about it" is what matters going forward. Izzi has proven to...
In a lot of cases "what happened" becomes less and less important. "What you do about it" is what matters going forward. Izzi has proven to be quite exceptional in one area; let's hope for all of us he can do it again in this new area.
Im gonna agree with you here Stephon.

Its not ideal but Ping says they were planning to get married beforehand so that shows commitment which is encouraging.
It is going to be a huge test because as much time and dedication is required to be at the top in Pro MX, being a parent requires even more; the silver lining is that in being a parent, your not flying solo.

Best of luck Nico, just expect it to be damn hard so when the time comes your not surprised by the challenges. Ill prepared parenting is a tragic mistake that lasts a lifetime.
JW381
12/14/2009 1:26pm
I know Nico and his girlfriend (fiance) are planning on getting married, and were before this happened. It's probably not the ideal situation but it will...
I wish you would come around more often and clear up all the bullshit.

Thanks for the info.
ratonmacias
12/14/2009 2:02pm
As the dad of twins at age 30 all i have got to say is Nico will have to be really good managing his time. kids are time consuming.

about age its just a number there are parents that suck while being 35 years old and there must be good parents too even if they are young.

would i choose to be 19 and having kids? no way but im not him.
Muezh
12/14/2009 2:22pm
exactly my thoughts... I just work a regular job but I wonder how they do it. How do you maintain an elite level of competition and be a dad at the same time??? seems really hard because of the commitments involved. Basically your whole life revolving around racing. Now throw a baby in the mix and everything changes.. especially your outlook on life in general. You are no longer the most important thing.

"Pushing when he should have been a pulling. " ha ha.. nice one...
Evans
12/14/2009 4:17pm
Hell ya Nico, Kids are awesome, and the hardest and most important thing you will ever attempt in your life. My son saved my life, if he wouldnt have shown up when he did i would propably be dead. Just think when your baby is 19 you will be 38, maybe you guys can be on the same team? Never mind the haters KIDS RULE
eurohero
12/14/2009 5:38pm
It will make him or break him. If he embraces being a father(and husband), he will be the most confident, proudest man on the planet and he will be reminded of that every morning he goes to the crib. Everything he does will be for them now. Honestly, it will be hard for a 19 year old, BUT, there are 30 year olds that are not ready and can not cope, so who's to say a 19 year old can't. Congrats to him and his soon to be grand parents, given the support he has had in his career from his friends/family, there is no reason that will not continue. CONGRATS, because "best of luck" does not apply here.
swizcore
12/14/2009 7:09pm
eurohero wrote:
It will make him or break him. If he embraces being a father(and husband), he will be the most confident, proudest man on the planet and...
It will make him or break him. If he embraces being a father(and husband), he will be the most confident, proudest man on the planet and he will be reminded of that every morning he goes to the crib. Everything he does will be for them now. Honestly, it will be hard for a 19 year old, BUT, there are 30 year olds that are not ready and can not cope, so who's to say a 19 year old can't. Congrats to him and his soon to be grand parents, given the support he has had in his career from his friends/family, there is no reason that will not continue. CONGRATS, because "best of luck" does not apply here.
I agree with your whole post except the last sentence. Congrats or Best of Luck depends entirely on Nico's involvement in being a dad. He comes from a great family so I am confident "Congrats" is more apropos.
12/15/2009 7:04am
i agree. i started when i was 19 and now have 6 kids Shocked did it ruin my career no, did it make me a better person you bet! yes you have to juggle your time but there are some MX stars that do have kids currently and if they can do it so can he... congrats izzi on the baby mxer ....

Post a reply to: Izzi

The Latest