Is Reed changing gear brand

mattmatt300
Posts
1457
Joined
3/30/2009
Location
Rockmart, GA, USA
12/5/2016 12:46pm
Seven
bents
Posts
3428
Joined
12/31/2009
Location
CA
Fantasy
12/5/2016 12:47pm
I loved the Shift stuff way back to Emig and carried on with Reed and Shift. If they don't think he was worth it they are fucked and I will go somewhere else. Reed and Shift were always bad ass.
Highsider
Posts
7679
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Way Toasty, IA, USA
12/5/2016 12:48pm
Big news later today.
MOTO120
Posts
1375
Joined
3/21/2010
Location
MOTO, IL, USA
12/5/2016 1:07pm
Paging JT$.....paging JT$......

The Shop

tprice07
Posts
2384
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
12/5/2016 1:07pm
Seven for sure.
Conkey
Posts
481
Joined
12/14/2009
Location
Vegas, NV, USA
12/5/2016 1:12pm
Fly might be nice gear but it is consistently the ugliest shit on the market year in and year out. Don't care what JT$ says.
Motofinne
Posts
11617
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
12/5/2016 1:15pm
Yeah i don't want Reed in Fly.


In my opinion Fly failed with the 2017 collection. 2016 was way better.


Thor or Alpinestars. That is what i want to see.
GrapeApe
Posts
9065
Joined
6/7/2010
Location
Mc Kinney, TX, USA
12/5/2016 1:21pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i don't want Reed in Fly. In my opinion Fly failed with the 2017 collection. 2016 was way better. Thor or Alpinestars. That is what...
Yeah i don't want Reed in Fly.


In my opinion Fly failed with the 2017 collection. 2016 was way better.


Thor or Alpinestars. That is what i want to see.
What if he had the same impact on Fly he had on Shift? I don't think he'd have a problem telling them to scrap everything and start with a blank piece of paper.
Motofinne
Posts
11617
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
12/5/2016 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 1:35pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i don't want Reed in Fly. In my opinion Fly failed with the 2017 collection. 2016 was way better. Thor or Alpinestars. That is what...
Yeah i don't want Reed in Fly.


In my opinion Fly failed with the 2017 collection. 2016 was way better.


Thor or Alpinestars. That is what i want to see.
GrapeApe wrote:
What if he had the same impact on Fly he had on Shift? I don't think he'd have a problem telling them to scrap everything and...
What if he had the same impact on Fly he had on Shift? I don't think he'd have a problem telling them to scrap everything and start with a blank piece of paper.
Fly of 2016 is way, way ahead of Shift 2010.


Even if i'm not a fan of the 2017 collection of Fly i really liked the 2016 Lite Hydrogen line up.

Without wanting to insult anyone or their gear tastes, Shift before Chad was horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Actually, the 2017 Shift lineup is maybe the worst since Reed joined Shift.
mx510
Posts
1993
Joined
2/26/2011
Location
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
12/5/2016 1:40pm
Conkey wrote:
Fly might be nice gear but it is consistently the ugliest shit on the market year in and year out. Don't care what JT$ says.
You sir are a Richard.
GrapeApe
Posts
9065
Joined
6/7/2010
Location
Mc Kinney, TX, USA
12/5/2016 1:45pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i don't want Reed in Fly. In my opinion Fly failed with the 2017 collection. 2016 was way better. Thor or Alpinestars. That is what...
Yeah i don't want Reed in Fly.


In my opinion Fly failed with the 2017 collection. 2016 was way better.


Thor or Alpinestars. That is what i want to see.
GrapeApe wrote:
What if he had the same impact on Fly he had on Shift? I don't think he'd have a problem telling them to scrap everything and...
What if he had the same impact on Fly he had on Shift? I don't think he'd have a problem telling them to scrap everything and start with a blank piece of paper.
Motofinne wrote:
Fly of 2016 is way, way ahead of Shift 2010. Even if i'm not a fan of the 2017 collection of Fly i really liked the...
Fly of 2016 is way, way ahead of Shift 2010.


Even if i'm not a fan of the 2017 collection of Fly i really liked the 2016 Lite Hydrogen line up.

Without wanting to insult anyone or their gear tastes, Shift before Chad was horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Actually, the 2017 Shift lineup is maybe the worst since Reed joined Shift.
I agree Shift before Chad was horrible. Apples to apples in my mind. Fly is in desperate need of design help.
JohnRoy
Posts
37
Joined
11/30/2016
Location
Boise, ID, USA
12/5/2016 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 1:49pm
This is a huge mistake. Chad single handily relaunched shift back when he first created team 22. Shift will be obsolete in a few short years.

Please don't end up in Fly. The coolest rider on the track doesn't deserve to be in that crap.
12/5/2016 1:48pm
Like others have said, I only bought Shift because of Reedy!
12/5/2016 1:49pm
Chad did such a good job reviving Shift .......

Print it!
tek14
Posts
4972
Joined
1/26/2014
Location
Vantaa, FI
12/5/2016 1:54pm
Isnt Shift just cheap brand of FOX?
Jt$
Posts
1129
Joined
11/2/2011
Location
Boise, ID, USA
12/5/2016 2:02pm
Some real sweethearts in this thread. This move won't be as shocking as some are thinking.
Jt$
Posts
1129
Joined
11/2/2011
Location
Boise, ID, USA
12/5/2016 2:05pm
JohnRoy wrote:
This is a huge mistake. Chad single handily relaunched shift back when he first created team 22. Shift will be obsolete in a few short years...
This is a huge mistake. Chad single handily relaunched shift back when he first created team 22. Shift will be obsolete in a few short years.

Please don't end up in Fly. The coolest rider on the track doesn't deserve to be in that crap.
JohnRoy or Blake Shelton, whichever, since you are in Boise, come by our offices and let me show you some of the "crap" we have been working on. If you think it's "crap" after that, I will stand corrected. I think you might be surprised with what 2018 is hiding.
MOTO120
Posts
1375
Joined
3/21/2010
Location
MOTO, IL, USA
12/5/2016 2:06pm
Jt$ wrote:
Some real sweethearts in this thread. This move won't be as shocking as some are thinking.
Fox it is.....
Motofinne
Posts
11617
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
12/5/2016 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 2:10pm
Okey so Reed in full Fox gear.

Boring.

Expected something more interesting.
12/5/2016 2:13pm
Jt$ wrote:
Some real sweethearts in this thread. This move won't be as shocking as some are thinking.
MOTO120 wrote:
Fox it is.....
No doubt before JT$ even chimed in. No way FOX wasn't going to look after him or Chad leave after drinking Champers out of their boots. My other post was sarcasm for those that don't have the radar
Teddy240
Posts
115
Joined
10/24/2008
Location
Irvine, CA, USA
12/5/2016 2:17pm
Sweet! How many pages will this topic be?
Tbteam
Posts
2869
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Ormond Beach, FL, USA
12/5/2016 2:19pm
I'm not being disrespectful to the OP, Reed or anyone else, but when I see news like this I immediately think "Holy shit, could I care and LESS what gear anyone rides with?"

I mean, I like to see cool dedigns like anyone else, but do I care what any certain rider is wearing? Absolutely not. Hell, they're getting PAID to wear it. Why would that effect my decision on what to buy?

Anyway, I mean no disrespect to anyone at all. It's just my opinion.
Motofinne
Posts
11617
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
12/5/2016 2:25pm
Tbteam wrote:
I'm not being disrespectful to the OP, Reed or anyone else, but when I see news like this I immediately think "Holy shit, could I care...
I'm not being disrespectful to the OP, Reed or anyone else, but when I see news like this I immediately think "Holy shit, could I care and LESS what gear anyone rides with?"

I mean, I like to see cool dedigns like anyone else, but do I care what any certain rider is wearing? Absolutely not. Hell, they're getting PAID to wear it. Why would that effect my decision on what to buy?

Anyway, I mean no disrespect to anyone at all. It's just my opinion.
The thing is. Reed made Shift after 2011.

Shift would be nothing without Reed.

kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
12/5/2016 2:27pm
Tbteam wrote:
I'm not being disrespectful to the OP, Reed or anyone else, but when I see news like this I immediately think "Holy shit, could I care...
I'm not being disrespectful to the OP, Reed or anyone else, but when I see news like this I immediately think "Holy shit, could I care and LESS what gear anyone rides with?"

I mean, I like to see cool dedigns like anyone else, but do I care what any certain rider is wearing? Absolutely not. Hell, they're getting PAID to wear it. Why would that effect my decision on what to buy?

Anyway, I mean no disrespect to anyone at all. It's just my opinion.
Motofinne wrote:
The thing is. Reed made Shift after 2011.

Shift would be nothing without Reed.

I never purchased any of the shift stuff Reed designed. I wear shift because of Emig. I go back and forth shift and Troy Lee
Motofinne
Posts
11617
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
12/5/2016 2:30pm
Tbteam wrote:
I'm not being disrespectful to the OP, Reed or anyone else, but when I see news like this I immediately think "Holy shit, could I care...
I'm not being disrespectful to the OP, Reed or anyone else, but when I see news like this I immediately think "Holy shit, could I care and LESS what gear anyone rides with?"

I mean, I like to see cool dedigns like anyone else, but do I care what any certain rider is wearing? Absolutely not. Hell, they're getting PAID to wear it. Why would that effect my decision on what to buy?

Anyway, I mean no disrespect to anyone at all. It's just my opinion.
Motofinne wrote:
The thing is. Reed made Shift after 2011.

Shift would be nothing without Reed.

kkawboy14 wrote:
I never purchased any of the shift stuff Reed designed. I wear shift because of Emig. I go back and forth shift and Troy Lee
So you actually bought the Shift gear in lets say 2008?

I guess i haven't got your taste in that case.
kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
12/5/2016 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2016 2:36pm
Motofinne wrote:
The thing is. Reed made Shift after 2011.

Shift would be nothing without Reed.

kkawboy14 wrote:
I never purchased any of the shift stuff Reed designed. I wear shift because of Emig. I go back and forth shift and Troy Lee
Motofinne wrote:
So you actually bought the Shift gear in lets say 2008?

I guess i haven't got your taste in that case.
I purchased shift from the beginning and am about to order their throwback gear they just released. Before that I purchased sinisalo/white like wardy.

It's ok that we like different!
mx510
Posts
1993
Joined
2/26/2011
Location
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
12/5/2016 2:38pm
Jt$ wrote:
Some real sweethearts in this thread. This move won't be as shocking as some are thinking.
It's as if the world has forgotten how just a little bit of tact and class can come off as constructive criticism vs being a douche.
Motofinne
Posts
11617
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
12/5/2016 2:39pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I never purchased any of the shift stuff Reed designed. I wear shift because of Emig. I go back and forth shift and Troy Lee
Motofinne wrote:
So you actually bought the Shift gear in lets say 2008?

I guess i haven't got your taste in that case.
kkawboy14 wrote:
I purchased shift from the beginning and am about to order their throwback gear they just released. Before that I purchased sinisalo/white like wardy. It's ok...
I purchased shift from the beginning and am about to order their throwback gear they just released. Before that I purchased sinisalo/white like wardy.

It's ok that we like different!
Yeah and that is fine! There is gear for everyone out there!
mjskier
Posts
1879
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/5/2016 2:42pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I never purchased any of the shift stuff Reed designed. I wear shift because of Emig. I go back and forth shift and Troy Lee
Do the Shift and TL pants fit the same?
I like Shift (because of the squadron line for off-road, and the white camp and black jersey for moto)

Post a reply to: Is Reed changing gear brand

The Latest