Inside Story - Jimmy Albertson Interview

akmx17
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:33pm
Good read, interesting to see he is not with Valli this year after so many people saying it was already a done deal.

You can read it by clicking HERE
|
11/6/2011 11:56am
Well Valli doesn't need Albee, they will be running up front with Morias, Izzy and Stroupe. WhistlingDryHuh *sarcasm*
mb60
11/6/2011 12:34pm
Does it really matter if it's stroupe,izzi,albee ????? None of them are going to win a race. It's funny how so many people on here want rides given to guys who can barely run top 10-20.
akmx17
11/6/2011 12:35pm
mb60 wrote:
Does it really matter if it's stroupe,izzi,albee ????? None of them are going to win a race. It's funny how so many people on here want...
Does it really matter if it's stroupe,izzi,albee ????? None of them are going to win a race. It's funny how so many people on here want rides given to guys who can barely run top 10-20.
Why shouldn't those guys not have rides?
11/6/2011 12:44pm
mb60 wrote:
Does it really matter if it's stroupe,izzi,albee ????? None of them are going to win a race. It's funny how so many people on here want...
Albee would be a way better choice than the guys that were chosen for the team. Thats what I was getting at. Top Jimmy is easily a top ten outdoor guy. He has proven it. Not so much for the other guys that were signed.

The Shop

akmx17
11/6/2011 1:24pm
mb60 wrote:
Albee would be a way better choice than the guys that were chosen for the team. Thats what I was getting at. Top Jimmy is easily...
Albee would be a way better choice than the guys that were chosen for the team. Thats what I was getting at. Top Jimmy is easily a top ten outdoor guy. He has proven it. Not so much for the other guys that were signed.
Morris is a great rider with lots proven in the MX2 class.
I would say he is going to surprise people with his 450 skills.

Stroupe is also a great rider with tons of speed.
He has just been injured so much.

I think Valli did a great job choosing riders, not everyone can get a ride who deserves one and it is sad.
But Jimmy will land on a team somewhere it sounds like.
mb60
11/6/2011 1:27pm
mb60 wrote:
akmx17 wrote:
I never said these guys should not have rides. But after the big 5 does it really matter who goes where ???
RaceFace
11/6/2011 1:31pm
mb60 wrote:
Albee would be a way better choice than the guys that were chosen for the team. Thats what I was getting at. Top Jimmy is easily...
Well, it sounds like he is good friends with the team owner and that he is fielding better offers elsewhere. Maybe Valli would love to have him but can't offer him much? He doesn't seem pissed off at Valli about it and they are lending him bikes to use in the meantime. I guess we always assume that the team is the sole reason why so-and-so is signed over what's-his-name?

Plenty of teams (including KTM) would have liked to have gotten Reed in 2011 but none could get him. He was even courted heavily by TLD but decided to go with his own team (on the same bikes) instead of accepting what they could give him (which I assume would be at least what they paid Townley the previous year).
Sherwood
11/6/2011 1:32pm
mb60 wrote:
akmx17 wrote:
mb60 wrote:
I never said these guys should not have rides. But after the big 5 does it really matter who goes where ???
Yeah. Only the too 5 should get rides then pull straws to determine where the other guys go.... Do people think before they post?
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
11/6/2011 2:11pm
akmx17 wrote:
mb60 wrote:
Sherwood wrote:
Yeah. Only the too 5 should get rides then pull straws to determine where the other guys go.... Do people think before they post?
Maybe let the top 5 only race.Wink
stackman17
11/6/2011 2:43pm
I guess it really doesn't matter where Regal ends up, since he is not is signed by a "Top 5". Your probably right anyway.
spd721
11/6/2011 2:55pm
I don't get how Izzi was picked over Albertson for the Valli/Star 450 ride.Dizzy
11/6/2011 3:09pm
spd721 wrote:
I don't get how Izzi was picked over Albertson for the Valli/Star 450 ride.Dizzy
SX skills, probably ...
bangmyhead
11/6/2011 3:55pm
mb60 wrote:
lmao.

thats redic
DanDunes818
11/6/2011 4:51pm
mb60 wrote:
akmx17 wrote:
Morris is a great rider with lots proven in the MX2 class. I would say he is going to surprise people with his 450 skills. Stroupe...
Morris is a great rider with lots proven in the MX2 class.
I would say he is going to surprise people with his 450 skills.

Stroupe is also a great rider with tons of speed.
He has just been injured so much.

I think Valli did a great job choosing riders, not everyone can get a ride who deserves one and it is sad.
But Jimmy will land on a team somewhere it sounds like.
Jimmy, while he didn't much go into where in the interview, seemed very sure he was going to land on his feet somewhere soon. Nobody should be worrying about Top Jimmy. The guy is hanging out in Puerto Rico racing dirt bikes, and when he gets home he comes home to Georgia Lindsay.. Not feeling sorry for that man anytime soon.. Woohoo
mb60
11/6/2011 5:07pm
stackman17 wrote:
I guess it really doesn't matter where Regal ends up, since he is not is signed by a "Top 5". Your probably right anyway.
Maybe I should put it this way then. Regal and about 15 other guys are in the same boat when it comes to getting support. Everbody who roots for a local pro thinks they deserve a pc ride or Geigo for that matter. Regal and Albertson are great riders and there best hope is finishing in the 8-15 range in sx.

Post a reply to: Inside Story - Jimmy Albertson Interview

The Latest