Injury Update | Chad Reed - WSX Cardiff

ML512
Fantasy
54th
Edited Date/Time 10/14/2022 6:39am
Ellie Reed has posted an update on her social media regarding Chad's condition after his massive get off at Cardiff. CR22 has picked up quite the injury list at the opening round of World Supercross. At this point, it's pretty easy to say we won't be seeing Chad Reed for his home country round, a real bummer. Get well soon Chad.

Update: Cause of crash and options Chad / MDK have going into round two here: https://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Chad-Reeds-World-Supercross-Cra…

|
CPR
10/8/2022 4:32pm
Damn that’s gotta hurt, both physically and mentally disappointing.
He picked it up in the final practice and was moving up through the field before the crash. Bummed he won’t be at the Aussie round.
Is there any footage of the crash, other than the onboard?
Front242
10/8/2022 4:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 5:15pm
he(Chad) looked like...sry (to the kid's) dad yes i did wrong not listing to you

and i like to see...a real man goes to the ER in his MX pants and boots
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/8/2022 4:47pm
Front242 wrote:
he(Chad) looked like...sry (to the kid's) dad yes i did wrong not listing to you and i like to see...a real man goes to the ER...
he(Chad) looked like...sry (to the kid's) dad yes i did wrong not listing to you

According to Ellie's IG stories, him and Grant both went back to the track to watch after going through the medical on site. Then went back to the medical station after the races were over. Damn tough guys.
Front242
10/8/2022 5:14pm
Front242 wrote:
he(Chad) looked like...sry (to the kid's) dad yes i did wrong not listing to you and i like to see...a real man goes to the ER...

ML512 wrote:
According to Ellie's IG stories, him and Grant both went back to the track to watch after going through the medical on site. Then went back...
According to Ellie's IG stories, him and Grant both went back to the track to watch after going through the medical on site. Then went back to the medical station after the races were over. Damn tough guys.
like old school

The Shop

Sully
10/8/2022 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 5:22pm
CPR wrote:
Damn that’s gotta hurt, both physically and mentally disappointing. He picked it up in the final practice and was moving up through the field before the...
Damn that’s gotta hurt, both physically and mentally disappointing.
He picked it up in the final practice and was moving up through the field before the crash. Bummed he won’t be at the Aussie round.
Is there any footage of the crash, other than the onboard?
Chad posted an IG story of him watching and rewinding footage on a computer, but it didn't really show anything other than him coming up short (or maybe over jumping) on something and hitting his front wheel on a take off.

To take a hard enough hit to cause all of those injuries at 40, then go back out and watch the race before hitting the hospital shows how tough these guys are...even after "retirement."
BobbyM
10/8/2022 5:23pm
Who does he think he is... Ryan Dungey?
Big bummer for Reed and the family. Tough recovery. The older the tougher.
yota
10/8/2022 6:02pm
the misery on his little daughter's face says a lot.
mb60
10/8/2022 6:09pm
Tough break for Reed. You could really tell he was putting the effort in. 40 years old and still getting it.
mb60
10/8/2022 6:09pm
Tough break for Reed. You could really tell he was putting the effort in. 40 years old and still getting it.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
10/8/2022 6:13pm
Reeds days racing at SX levels are over. Today, that is painfully obvious.

Mad respect to the guy. Hope he heals up quick.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
10/8/2022 6:34pm
Damn, not the ribs again!
davistld01
10/8/2022 6:36pm
Damn shame for Reedy & family. His daughters face breaks my heart! Gotta give huge props for the guy having the guts to give it 100%. Hope he gets better soon.
rshelbygt
10/8/2022 6:50pm
Looks like a bike issue or he hit neutral based on the video. Front dropped…like there was no power to the rear wheel.
Front242
10/8/2022 7:01pm
stupid :thumbdown: go to hell vitar's

and now just bring it on
Crush
10/8/2022 8:27pm
Getting out of the sport after such a successful career relatively healthy I always worry a bit about these dudes tipping their toes back in. Racing full time you're committed and so much more switched on, I think kinda dipping back and forth increases the risk some.

Glad he's gonna be ok.
lumpy790
10/8/2022 8:31pm
Unpacking all those moving boxes at the new place in Florida is going to suck.
Trickamoto
10/8/2022 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 11:53pm
So sad and horrible to see those kids sitting there… But somebody has to say it… nobody at 40 years old belongs on a professional super cross track. He couldn’t even cut a lap two years ago. Stick to managing your three kids love for racing. What an idiot. honestly hate this as much as you want, but there is a reason why RC, RV ECT retired at 28. No old man has any place on a professional Supercross track. The Supercross gods delivered a ugly message to Josh Grant and Chad Reed today. That being said, it’s heartbreaking to see some of my heroes nearly get killed doing something so dumb.
wildbill
10/9/2022 12:01am
Your IQ rings through as negligent. Keep trying, yet tighten it up in specific matters.
Elliot
10/9/2022 12:13am
rshelbygt wrote:
Looks like a bike issue or he hit neutral based on the video. Front dropped…like there was no power to the rear wheel.
raa360
10/9/2022 1:42am
rshelbygt wrote:
I thought his chain had snapped as they lifted it from the track after his crash....
must have been from the Grant crash and wasn't picked up.
That section caught four riders out with big crashes...
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1305th
10/9/2022 2:36am
Ellie on her post replied saying the bike cut out.
daemon666
10/9/2022 2:59am
Front242 wrote:
stupid :thumbdown: go to hell vitar's and now just bring it on [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/10/08/572500/s1200_finger.jpg[/img]
stupid :thumbdown: go to hell vitar's

and now just bring it on
This heavy heart how can I carry still holds the weight of you
CPR
10/9/2022 3:04am
Trickamoto wrote:
So sad and horrible to see those kids sitting there… But somebody has to say it… nobody at 40 years old belongs on a professional super...
So sad and horrible to see those kids sitting there… But somebody has to say it… nobody at 40 years old belongs on a professional super cross track. He couldn’t even cut a lap two years ago. Stick to managing your three kids love for racing. What an idiot. honestly hate this as much as you want, but there is a reason why RC, RV ECT retired at 28. No old man has any place on a professional Supercross track. The Supercross gods delivered a ugly message to Josh Grant and Chad Reed today. That being said, it’s heartbreaking to see some of my heroes nearly get killed doing something so dumb.
Why are you even here?
DonM
10/9/2022 6:51am
Trickamoto wrote:
So sad and horrible to see those kids sitting there… But somebody has to say it… nobody at 40 years old belongs on a professional super...
CPR wrote:
Why are you even here?
You seem to have an issue with people that have an opinion that differs from yours....now I don't necessarily agree with his opinion as a whole but he has the right to voice it...
Zycki11
10/9/2022 6:56am
Trickamoto wrote:
CPR wrote:
Why are you even here?
To feel superior by telling others what they should do with their own lives lol. Don’t worry about people like that, they are nobody
toroP
10/9/2022 7:28am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2022 6:36am
Trickamoto wrote:
CPR wrote:
Why are you even here?
DonM wrote:
You seem to have an issue with people that have an opinion that differs from yours....now I don't necessarily agree with his opinion as a whole...
You seem to have an issue with people that have an opinion that differs from yours....now I don't necessarily agree with his opinion as a whole but he has the right to voice it...
You seem to have an issue with people that have opinions about other people’s opinions that differ from yours …….
But that’s just my opinion about opinions regarding other’s opinions of the opinions of others.
Leave Us To
10/9/2022 7:45am
Crush wrote:
Getting out of the sport after such a successful career relatively healthy I always worry a bit about these dudes tipping their toes back in. Racing...
Getting out of the sport after such a successful career relatively healthy I always worry a bit about these dudes tipping their toes back in. Racing full time you're committed and so much more switched on, I think kinda dipping back and forth increases the risk some.

Glad he's gonna be ok.
I share the same feelings and is why I was relieved when RD5 announced his comeback was over with no SX in his future. MX for the most part is considerably safer than SX since timing isn't as much of an issue.

Heal up quick CR22!
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/9/2022 7:54am
DonM wrote:
You seem to have an issue with people that have an opinion that differs from yours....now I don't necessarily agree with his opinion as a whole...
Everyone has the right to have an opinion, but calling Chad an IDIOT for continuing to do what he loves (and is very good at) was a little too much opinion.
But then again, that’s just my opinion.
Some need to stay in there lane and keep their negative opinions to themselves.

Post a reply to: Injury Update | Chad Reed - WSX Cardiff

The Latest