Herlings and Cairoli showing how its done (sand vid!)

onthepipe
Edited Date/Time 10/7/2012 6:21am
Big Herlings #84 fan here. In my opinion the fastest sand rider in the world right now.

Make sure you watch in HD, that way you can see the rough track.

|
kongols
8/30/2012 12:40am
Yup. Nutcase.
Not once did he put his leg out in a corners.
Craze
8/30/2012 12:59am
kongols wrote:
Yup. Nutcase.
Not once did he put his leg out in a corners.
True, It was about 4 times that I saw......But most of the times he was feet up and on the gas !!!
Vanilla
8/30/2012 1:01am
Do you guys hear that? That sound.... What is it?

Ow I know, it's the sound of Barcia shitting his pants.
Just kidding guys.

I hope Lierop will be rough and would like to see some good races. MX2 is gonna be a one man show i guess.

The Shop

chrisbuehler
8/30/2012 1:40am
Bad-fucking-ass! Herlings looks noticeably faster than AC to me. Seems like Herlings is on the gas everywhere especially coming into corners and he's always standing through them, feet on the pegs. Tony is ripping but coasts in a couple spots and the transition from sitting to standing zaps some time. Herlings "attitude" has been much hyped this season but I just watch a vid like this and I'm back to rooting for him. Why would Barcia be shitting his pants though? He's MX3 and not racing Jeffrey. Dungey on the other hand just let out a, "oh fuck!" Lol I'm excited for real to see just what RD has for him. I'm sure he will put the team first but the competitor in him will want to keep Herlings honest. To bad Tomac isn't going, I think he's the best sand rider in the US.
onthepipe
8/30/2012 1:50am
Herlings will ride the KTM SXF350 in the MX3 open class. There's a video of him riding the 350 on the vital front page, Keeps it wide open as wel ;-)
KD197
8/30/2012 1:51am
You should have picked TOMAC
Vanilla
8/30/2012 1:52am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2012 1:55am
Bad-fucking-ass! Herlings looks noticeably faster than AC to me. Seems like Herlings is on the gas everywhere especially coming into corners and he's always standing through...
Bad-fucking-ass! Herlings looks noticeably faster than AC to me. Seems like Herlings is on the gas everywhere especially coming into corners and he's always standing through them, feet on the pegs. Tony is ripping but coasts in a couple spots and the transition from sitting to standing zaps some time. Herlings "attitude" has been much hyped this season but I just watch a vid like this and I'm back to rooting for him. Why would Barcia be shitting his pants though? He's MX3 and not racing Jeffrey. Dungey on the other hand just let out a, "oh fuck!" Lol I'm excited for real to see just what RD has for him. I'm sure he will put the team first but the competitor in him will want to keep Herlings honest. To bad Tomac isn't going, I think he's the best sand rider in the US.
-
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
8/30/2012 1:53am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2012 1:56am
All I know is, the MX1 & MX3 race is going to be spectacular

And holy f^&k, thats crazier than the last Horst vid!
jamma10
8/30/2012 1:59am
Bad-fucking-ass! Herlings looks noticeably faster than AC to me. Seems like Herlings is on the gas everywhere especially coming into corners and he's always standing through...
Not sure Cairoli is really trying in that video. Many people argue that he's faster in the sand than Herlings even.
chrisbuehler
8/30/2012 2:03am
onthepipe wrote:
Herlings will ride the KTM SXF350 in the MX3 open class. There's a video of him riding the 350 on the vital front page, Keeps it...
Herlings will ride the KTM SXF350 in the MX3 open class. There's a video of him riding the 350 on the vital front page, Keeps it wide open as wel ;-)
Really? Am I missing something or shouldn't the strongest guy be MX1? In that case, yes Barcia did just shit his pants lol! Damn now I really wish Tomac was going. I think Tomac vs Herlings would be epic, Herlings of course with the edge. I've seen the vid of him racing the 350 in some race, maybe a Dutch Championship Race? He puts the wood to Desalle so I have no doubt the 350 will be plenty of bike for him
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
8/30/2012 2:08am
Dunno, he rode in MX3 last year as well. Seems like a disadvantage, cos he will have to race the 2nd and 3rd race back to back
onthepipe
8/30/2012 2:10am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2012 2:16am
Really? Am I missing something or shouldn't the strongest guy be MX1? In that case, yes Barcia did just shit his pants lol! Damn now I...
Really? Am I missing something or shouldn't the strongest guy be MX1? In that case, yes Barcia did just shit his pants lol! Damn now I really wish Tomac was going. I think Tomac vs Herlings would be epic, Herlings of course with the edge. I've seen the vid of him racing the 350 in some race, maybe a Dutch Championship Race? He puts the wood to Desalle so I have no doubt the 350 will be plenty of bike for him
It doesn't really matter which class your in. the overall finishes count. So if your the best 250 rider and finish the race 5th, then you get 5 point, not 1 point because your the best MX2 rider.

Herlings picked the MX3 class purely because its the toughest class. Its race 2 and 3 (with 30min break) where the track is super rough.

Btw, I also feel Tomac should be going for the US. He was on it at southwick!
St Ann More
8/30/2012 2:23am
jamma10 wrote:
Not sure Cairoli is really trying in that video. Many people argue that he's faster in the sand than Herlings even.
+ 1
chrisbuehler
8/30/2012 2:47am
jamma10 wrote:
Yeah I could believe that, he seemed to be coasting into the corners a little. Since I'm not up on all things GP, am I wrong or has AC shown some chinks in his armor at Lommel as of late? Did Nagl beat him, or was that just a moto? I've been saying as of late Tony could be the sleeping giant this year. With all the talk seemingly about Herlings dominating, the guy about to rack up his forth straight MX1 title migh want to make a statement. Who would you bet on Jamma, AC or Jeffrey?
Vanilla
8/30/2012 2:57am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2012 8:06am
Not sure if Cairoli is giving it his all. He has looked better if you ask me.
jamma10
8/30/2012 3:07am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2012 3:14am
Yeah I could believe that, he seemed to be coasting into the corners a little. Since I'm not up on all things GP, am I wrong...
Yeah I could believe that, he seemed to be coasting into the corners a little. Since I'm not up on all things GP, am I wrong or has AC shown some chinks in his armor at Lommel as of late? Did Nagl beat him, or was that just a moto? I've been saying as of late Tony could be the sleeping giant this year. With all the talk seemingly about Herlings dominating, the guy about to rack up his forth straight MX1 title migh want to make a statement. Who would you bet on Jamma, AC or Jeffrey?
Just looked up his results and on sand tracks out of a possible 18 sand races I think Cairoli has only been beaten three times in the past three seasons: Desalle beat him in one moto in 2010, Nagl beat him in one moto last year and Strijbos beat him in in the first moto in Latvia this year (which is kinda like Southwick). He should win at Leirop this weekend too, which is maybe even gnarlier than Lommel is!! Its a great track.

To be honest, I don't think I could choose between him or Herlings. Herlings maybe has better technique and looks outrageously fast, but then he has youth on his side. Cairoli has so much experience. He can be really quick when he needs to be but he also paces himself very well, which is important in sand.
mccread
8/30/2012 3:12am
I hope Herlings is riding the MX2 bike, I think he could challenge Cairoli on it. That would let Coldenhoff on the MX3 and might give him a better chance of a good result than if he was on a 250f?

I hope none of these guys get hurt for the Nations!

I am looking forward to Barcia v De Dycker in MX3 lol
onthepipe
8/30/2012 3:17am
It will be exciting for sure. It's well known Cairoli's fast in the sand.

I believe Herlings has won all GP moto's in the sand, including the 2010 Valkenswaard GP when he was only 15 yrs old.
robkinuk
8/30/2012 3:35am
Just saw a tweet from Barcia! "mum can you pack me some more underpants!"WinkTongueLaughing
mccread
8/30/2012 3:37am
robkinuk wrote:
Just saw a tweet from Barcia! "mum can you pack me some more underpants!"WinkTongueLaughing
I expect Barcia to be really fast. He is very good on the 450, and they are getting two weeks to practice in the sand before the race. He will be right there... can't wait!
jamma10
8/30/2012 3:42am
robkinuk wrote:
mccread wrote:
I expect Barcia to be really fast. He is very good on the 450, and they are getting two weeks to practice in the sand before...
I expect Barcia to be really fast. He is very good on the 450, and they are getting two weeks to practice in the sand before the race. He will be right there... can't wait!
x2

None of the Americans will struggle.
EastFlorida
8/30/2012 3:56am
Man, I'd hate to get swapping on that track, lose it and run off into the trees!

Yeah, I believe the USA might not get some individual wins in the deep sand, but the team as a whole is solid. Can't wait to see the competition, it should be epic!
Jefro98
8/30/2012 4:05am
mccread wrote:
I hope Herlings is riding the MX2 bike, I think he could challenge Cairoli on it. That would let Coldenhoff on the MX3 and might give...
I hope Herlings is riding the MX2 bike, I think he could challenge Cairoli on it. That would let Coldenhoff on the MX3 and might give him a better chance of a good result than if he was on a 250f?

Not gonna happen.
Herlings will ride the Open class on a 350 for the reasons onthepipe already mentioned:
The open class is the toughest class since it's the last 2 races of the weekend, 30 minutes in between and the track is gonna be rough as hell.
chrisbuehler
8/30/2012 4:06am
Geez you guys have so many epic sand tracks, I get confused. For some reason I thought Lierop was Lommel. So you have Leirop, Lommel, and Valkensward on the circuit? I wold love to make a trip to Europe just to hit your sand tracks. I'm in the northeast in the States and have an abundance of sandpits that are bottomless. I would say 50% of the practicing I did as a kid was sand. My first race ever was in 1992 at Southwick when it was actually sand lol. I didn't race for a good 12yrs and when I went back to the Wick in 2007, let's just say it was a shocker. Very cool vids though, I'm becoming a real fan of JH and AC which I never thought would happen. I can't wait for the MXdN this year, the track itself has taken away that "sure thing" feel to the USA's chances.
8/30/2012 5:46am
I have news for you Euros, none of the Americans are shitting their pants. My local track in the panhandle of Florida has deeper, rougher, sand than that track. The southern half of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and most of Florida is sand like that. You need to wake up to the fact that Belgium and Holland are not the only places in the world with sand tracks.
chrisbuehler
8/30/2012 6:05am
I have news for you Euros, none of the Americans are shitting their pants. My local track in the panhandle of Florida has deeper, rougher, sand...
I have news for you Euros, none of the Americans are shitting their pants. My local track in the panhandle of Florida has deeper, rougher, sand than that track. The southern half of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and most of Florida is sand like that. You need to wake up to the fact that Belgium and Holland are not the only places in the world with sand tracks.
Their sand tracks look pretty sweet to me. But yeah I have some good loops laid out in the sandpits near me and it's a knarly whooped out mess. The sand has no bottom and it 's that white sand that doesnt pack. Only thing I personally have never really seen on sand tracks here that Lommel has is those crazy ruts. I bet you have some choice spots down there but how much do the pro's actually ride the stuff? I know they have all relocated down to FL to train in the heat but most of their tracks I've seen look like loam was brought in. A fast rider is a fast rider no matter what and I'm sure the team will go early to get acclimated to the sand. The Euro's should thank god they dont have to ride sand in weather conditions like you got in FL. 85% humidity and 95deg. They would be the one's shitting their pant lol
8/30/2012 6:20am
I'm not knocking their tracks, Leirop and Lommel are totally, totally, gnarly sand tracks that make Southwick look like hardpack. All I'm saying is there are other parts of the world with sand as deep, or deeper, than those tracks. Parts of the Monster Mountain Vintage/Vet track are sandier than Southwick. The local track in Auburn Alabama, War Eagle MX, is all sand. The Euros dont understand that, as gnarly as those tracks are, there are sand tracks all over the SE of the US that are just as sandy. RV, Reed and JS7s practice tracks at their houses that everyone sees on the videos might be loamy, but I can guarantee you that they have access to deep Florida sand tracks.
Jefro98
8/30/2012 6:39am
I'm not knocking their tracks, Leirop and Lommel are totally, totally, gnarly sand tracks that make Southwick look like hardpack. All I'm saying is there are...
I'm not knocking their tracks, Leirop and Lommel are totally, totally, gnarly sand tracks that make Southwick look like hardpack. All I'm saying is there are other parts of the world with sand as deep, or deeper, than those tracks. Parts of the Monster Mountain Vintage/Vet track are sandier than Southwick. The local track in Auburn Alabama, War Eagle MX, is all sand. The Euros dont understand that, as gnarly as those tracks are, there are sand tracks all over the SE of the US that are just as sandy. RV, Reed and JS7s practice tracks at their houses that everyone sees on the videos might be loamy, but I can guarantee you that they have access to deep Florida sand tracks.
It's not only the bottomless sand, and it does pack into deep ruts.
You got ruts like these too?

Need more?
I got plenty.. Laughing

Laughing
Big
8/30/2012 6:45am
mccread wrote:
I hope Herlings is riding the MX2 bike, I think he could challenge Cairoli on it. That would let Coldenhoff on the MX3 and might give...

If De Dycker can keep up with Barcias speed i hope that Barcia not making Mr Dycker angry. He will eat that bambam kid for brekfast if he playing some tricks. No one messes with that giant for sure. No one! Laughing

Post a reply to: Herlings and Cairoli showing how its done (sand vid!)

The Latest