Go Ralph

Crush
Edited Date/Time 5/17/2016 12:44pm
Might be old but was good to watch Ralph putting in to this.

What a bunch of fucks the greenies are, seriously, they also don't like MTBs!

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/media/videos/video-can-the-epa-fo…
|
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/13/2016 9:03am
Thank you for sharing. My respect for Ralph just grew tenfold.
mumbles
Fantasy
842nd
5/13/2016 10:36am
For all the people who give Ralph crap, hopefully this will change their mind. Yes he makes mistakes on live TV during the SX broadcasts but so would anybody. This video shows how much he really cares about motorsports.

Thanks Ralph for doing more than your part on this EPA issue.
DA498
5/13/2016 10:52am
WOW!! thats BS. Thanks to Ralph for his time on this. Need to get on board with this.

The Shop

dak446
5/13/2016 11:20am
Well done, Ralph
JM485
5/13/2016 11:34am
mumbles wrote:
For all the people who give Ralph crap, hopefully this will change their mind. Yes he makes mistakes on live TV during the SX broadcasts but...
For all the people who give Ralph crap, hopefully this will change their mind. Yes he makes mistakes on live TV during the SX broadcasts but so would anybody. This video shows how much he really cares about motorsports.

I'll be the first to admit I've never been a fan of Ralph's announcing (I don't talk crap anonymously on the internet about it though), and you're dead on. This completely changed my outlook on him and what he's doing for the motorsports community deserves total respect. To travel to DC and speak in front of congress took a lot of guts I'm sure, something I'd never be able to do, and he's now done that plus quite a bit more for this issue. Made a huge fan out of me, thanks for your effort Ralph.
DA498
5/13/2016 12:42pm
DONE!!
h&m_cycle
5/13/2016 12:53pm

I wonder if Ralph is friends with Patrick Mchenry and is trying to get the man re-elected... This is already been
cleared up...

I looked it up, Mchenry is running for re-election this November and this has been settled... It's called fear
mongering...

This is not even a issue

...The language was included in a rules package primarily aimed at regulating medium and heavy duty truck emissions and read:

“Certified motor vehicles and motor vehicle engines and their emission control devices must remain in their certified configuration even if they are used solely for competition or if they become non-road vehicles or engines.”

The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), which represents the automotive aftermarket parts industry, raised the issue with its members and the racing community in February. Over 168,000 people signed a petition asking the White House to withdraw the proposal, and a bipartisan, though largely Republican-supported bill called the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2016 (RPM Act) was introduced in Congress that would expressly permit street to race car conversions.

Earlier this month, the House Oversight Committee was briefed on the topic by the EPA, which followed up on Friday by announcing that it was dropping the section from the proposal.

The agency wrote to the Committee that it “EPA’s focus is not on vehicles built or used exclusively for racing, but on companies that don’t play by the rules and that make and sell products that disable pollution controls on motor vehicles used on public roads.”
Rayzer
5/13/2016 1:44pm
Ralph= Saul Goodman
HenryA
5/13/2016 1:45pm
Rayzer wrote:
Ralph= Saul Goodman
No, more like Slippin' Jimmy.
cwtoyota
5/13/2016 1:49pm
mumbles wrote:
For all the people who give Ralph crap, hopefully this will change their mind. Yes he makes mistakes on live TV during the SX broadcasts but...

Yep.

Dig up the old Matthes podcast with Ralph. Listening to that makes it pretty clear he's just a moto-head with a microphone instead of a throttle.
The Rock
5/14/2016 11:07am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2016 11:10am
h&m_cycle wrote:
I wonder if Ralph is friends with Patrick Mchenry and is trying to get the man re-elected... This is already been cleared up... I looked it...

I wonder if Ralph is friends with Patrick Mchenry and is trying to get the man re-elected... This is already been
cleared up...

I looked it up, Mchenry is running for re-election this November and this has been settled... It's called fear
mongering...

This is not even a issue

...The language was included in a rules package primarily aimed at regulating medium and heavy duty truck emissions and read:

“Certified motor vehicles and motor vehicle engines and their emission control devices must remain in their certified configuration even if they are used solely for competition or if they become non-road vehicles or engines.”

The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), which represents the automotive aftermarket parts industry, raised the issue with its members and the racing community in February. Over 168,000 people signed a petition asking the White House to withdraw the proposal, and a bipartisan, though largely Republican-supported bill called the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2016 (RPM Act) was introduced in Congress that would expressly permit street to race car conversions.

Earlier this month, the House Oversight Committee was briefed on the topic by the EPA, which followed up on Friday by announcing that it was dropping the section from the proposal.

The agency wrote to the Committee that it “EPA’s focus is not on vehicles built or used exclusively for racing, but on companies that don’t play by the rules and that make and sell products that disable pollution controls on motor vehicles used on public roads.”
Fear mongering appears to be the best control measure over the uninformed masses. The masses only have time to make decisions based on sound bytes and fabricated memes instead of the truth.

Keeping up with the Kardashians, TMZ, reality TV (you know the really important stuff) doesn't leave much time for learning about the actual issues.

5/14/2016 12:48pm
mumbles wrote:

JM485 wrote:
I'll be the first to admit I've never been a fan of Ralph's announcing (I don't talk crap anonymously on the internet about it though), and...
I'll be the first to admit I've never been a fan of Ralph's announcing (I don't talk crap anonymously on the internet about it though), and you're dead on. This completely changed my outlook on him and what he's doing for the motorsports community deserves total respect. To travel to DC and speak in front of congress took a lot of guts I'm sure, something I'd never be able to do, and he's now done that plus quite a bit more for this issue. Made a huge fan out of me, thanks for your effort Ralph.
Agree 100% I was never been a fan of his announcing but this really shows his passion for motorsports.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/14/2016 2:00pm
Agreed 100%. And anyone who would post a "fact checker" from a website like "thinkprogress.org" should have their head examined if they don't see the bias there. I have to work with the EPA on multiple issues from time to time (I work in the chemical industry). They are most definitely an extension of the far left and if they had the ability to execute on this rule, they most definitely would have. Most of the EPA folks don't have the common sense God gave a goose.
agn5009
5/14/2016 2:06pm
Ralph truely does love the sport. I'll be first to admit that I laugh sometimes at his mistakes, but they're just that, small mistakes. I think he does a good job and represents our sport well as an announcer.
JM485
5/14/2016 11:32pm
Just used the link and sent the message to my representatives. I swear, only on Vital would anyone second guess signing a petition to help ensure the future of riding and other motor sports in general. If you aren't willing to do just that little bit to help (took me about 30 seconds), then you don't deserve to even call yourself a rider, I'm dead serious. If you want to sit around with your thumb shoved up somewhere that stinks and pretend that the EPA wouldn't jump at the chance to take away your RIGHT to ride, fine, but don't complain and preten you did all you could to prevent it when it happens. Every single one of us needs to be on the same page about issues like this, and every single one of us needs to do our part to make sure moto and offroad is even an option for future generations. Even if that means just signing a petition when it pops up here, or sending an email to your local representative when something happens in your area, everyone needs to do SOMETHING.

Thanks for posting the link Average, hopefully some more guys sign as well.
h&m_cycle
5/15/2016 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2016 11:57am
TbonesPop wrote:
Agreed 100%. And anyone who would post a "fact checker" from a website like "thinkprogress.org" should have their head examined if they don't see the bias...
Agreed 100%. And anyone who would post a "fact checker" from a website like "thinkprogress.org" should have their head examined if they don't see the bias there. I have to work with the EPA on multiple issues from time to time (I work in the chemical industry). They are most definitely an extension of the far left and if they had the ability to execute on this rule, they most definitely would have. Most of the EPA folks don't have the common sense God gave a goose.
You do KNOW that Republican Richard Nixon started the EPA in 1970 don't you?

I'm all for stopping the EPA and Honda When it comes to any form of racing or riding off road of any kind...

Honda needs to quit the C.A.R.B. business and giving to the Sierra Club...
JM485
5/15/2016 9:49pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
[b]You do KNOW that Republican Richard Nixon started the EPA in 1970 don't you?[/b] I'm all for stopping the [b]EPA and Honda When it comes to...
You do KNOW that Republican Richard Nixon started the EPA in 1970 don't you?

I'm all for stopping the EPA and Honda When it comes to any form of racing or riding off road of any kind...

Honda needs to quit the C.A.R.B. business and giving to the Sierra Club...
I would guess he's probably well aware of that, but it doesn't change the fact that they have gotten way to powerful and are massively overstep their bounds by even suggesting this type of regulation. What happened 40+ years ago is completely irrelevant to the current situation, and there's no denying that the EPA is very much embedded in one side of the isle.
tprice07
5/16/2016 9:23am
Those niche market bikes might just blow up soon haha
h&m_cycle
5/16/2016 11:35am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2016 11:41am
Yes, even my phone number... Can't find one against C.A.R.B. , the sierra club and Honda...

A love for cars, trucks and SUVs is the motivating force behind the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). This trade association consists of a diverse group of manufacturers, distributors, retailers, publishing companies, auto restorers, street rod builders, restylers, car clubs, race teams and more.

Now my Ford F150 is protected... Edit: My Toyota 4-runner also...

http://killcarb.org/ stop it before it spreads east...

Post a reply to: Go Ralph

The Latest