6/13/2019 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2019 7:22pm
Context?

EDIT: Stay in school, kids.
agn5009
6/13/2019 7:25pm
I don’t know what’s going on here.
Mr. Afterbar
6/13/2019 7:28pm
Monte is Justin Hill’s dad. Weston made comments on pulp saying Justin’s family is what’s holding him back.
USA
Fantasy
507th
6/13/2019 7:28pm
I know that Weston said Justin Hill needs to separate from his parents and brother and get on a good program if he wants to fulfill his racing potential. I’m still confused, though. Might not be related.

The Shop

USA
Fantasy
507th
6/13/2019 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2019 7:38pm
Monte is Justin Hill’s dad. Weston made comments on pulp saying Justin’s family is what’s holding him back.
Ah, that clears it up.

I have a hard time reading this, but I think I understand the message. Hasn’t Mitch Payton said before the opposite of what Monte is claiming here? That parents need to take a step back at the pro level?

But what does he mean “Weston has not been around me more that 20 minute total” and then saying Weston never turns down a smoothie made in his motor home? That since Monte brings a motor home and then someone else takes Weston a smoothie made within it, Weston’s comments should not matter?

Weston is a straight shooter and this guy is just throwing flak. Pathetic.
8tensolutions
6/13/2019 7:35pm
English class would be good for Monte. I don't know any of them personally, but Josh and Justin are very similar with tremendous talent and little work ethic. I agree with Weston.
aeffertz
6/13/2019 7:35pm
Ahh, that's right. Damn Weston, even after they made you a damn smoothie. Ice cold! Grinning
jeffro503
6/13/2019 8:39pm
I know Monte a bit from back in the day , and have spoke to him a few times since then too......he's a great dude and they do in fact have a great family that loves this sport. Monte is 100% a true moto head. I know Weston is a really good dude as well. Think maybe things were taken out of context a bit here. I dunno , just saying both are good dudes with a misunderstanding.
wwdiii
6/13/2019 8:42pm
I need to read this post again
SrfNdirt
6/13/2019 8:51pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I know Monte a bit from back in the day , and have spoke to him a few times since then too......he's a great dude and...
I know Monte a bit from back in the day , and have spoke to him a few times since then too......he's a great dude and they do in fact have a great family that loves this sport. Monte is 100% a true moto head. I know Weston is a really good dude as well. Think maybe things were taken out of context a bit here. I dunno , just saying both are good dudes with a misunderstanding.
Not at all taken out of context. Weston said what he said, Did you listen to the interview?
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
6/13/2019 9:08pm
English class would be good for Monte. I don't know any of them personally, but Josh and Justin are very similar with tremendous talent and little...
English class would be good for Monte. I don't know any of them personally, but Josh and Justin are very similar with tremendous talent and little work ethic. I agree with Weston.
So you don't know any of them personally..............but you know the two Hill's have little work ethic?

I'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just saying your opinion means nothing because you prefaced it by admitting you don't know anything.
8tensolutions
6/13/2019 9:11pm
English class would be good for Monte. I don't know any of them personally, but Josh and Justin are very similar with tremendous talent and little...
haydos25 wrote:
So you don't know any of them personally..............but you know the two Hill's have little work ethic? I'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just saying your...
So you don't know any of them personally..............but you know the two Hill's have little work ethic?

I'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just saying your opinion means nothing because you prefaced it by admitting you don't know anything.
They both have tremendous talent as I said and have not come anywhere close to their potential according to other riders on the same team. That only leads to weak work ethic either physically or mentally in my opinion.

I guess nobody on this forum should share their opinion unless they know riders personally?
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
6/13/2019 9:21pm
They both have tremendous talent as I said and have not come anywhere close to their potential according to other riders on the same team. That...
They both have tremendous talent as I said and have not come anywhere close to their potential according to other riders on the same team. That only leads to weak work ethic either physically or mentally in my opinion.

I guess nobody on this forum should share their opinion unless they know riders personally?
By all means you can have an opinion. I just find they hold more weight when you can base it on facts or first hand knowledge. It also helps if you don't start that opinion off by admitting you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's my opinion that Justin Hill has been underperforming this year, i'll agree with that. I'm not going to come out and blame it on a lack of work ethic as i dont know. Maybe Weston does know, or Chad, or Jbone. But me and you, we dont know.

Ya follow my point?

8tensolutions
6/13/2019 9:32pm
They both have tremendous talent as I said and have not come anywhere close to their potential according to other riders on the same team. That...

haydos25 wrote:
By all means you can have an opinion. I just find they hold more weight when you can base it on facts or first hand knowledge...
By all means you can have an opinion. I just find they hold more weight when you can base it on facts or first hand knowledge. It also helps if you don't start that opinion off by admitting you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's my opinion that Justin Hill has been underperforming this year, i'll agree with that. I'm not going to come out and blame it on a lack of work ethic as i dont know. Maybe Weston does know, or Chad, or Jbone. But me and you, we dont know.

Ya follow my point?

Yep. And Weston told you his and I agree with him as originally stated.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
6/13/2019 9:36pm

haydos25 wrote:
By all means you can have an opinion. I just find they hold more weight when you can base it on facts or first hand knowledge...

Ya follow my point?

Based on what?

It's all good mate, you just pile onto Justin Hill, its the cool thing to do.
8tensolutions
6/13/2019 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2019 9:48pm
haydos25 wrote:

Ya follow my point?

haydos25 wrote:
Based on what?

It's all good mate, you just pile onto Justin Hill, its the cool thing to do.
Not about that and I could care less what anyone thinks is "cool". Peick and Reed have both said he's significantly faster than both of them during the week yet cannot get it even close to done on the weekend. He's riding around with privateers riding for free. He didn't race in Nashville yet was out playing guitars that night and recently did an interview basically saying he doesn't want to work that hard.

It's all good, he shouldn't have a ride based on performance only. No piling on here.
Jrewing
6/14/2019 12:09am
I have a hard time liking Weston. In that interview I thought, wow this guy sounds like Chad Reed but without the results.
Bagging on a Justin about his drive, but maybe it’s his mental game. Does Westin shit on ET3 for his mental game?
Mxpilot20
Fantasy
2653rd
6/14/2019 12:10am
I have a lot of respect for Weston but he is probably best to keep his opinion of others family arrangements to himself.
I didn't hear him say anything about Eli's dad
CASH476
6/14/2019 1:17am
I thought Weston sounded intelligent and gave honest answers on some difficult topics. I like that he didn't back away from giving his opinion.
6/14/2019 1:32am
All riders think they train hard. Then some go to Baker's and get a new yardstick. Just say'in
tek14
6/14/2019 1:52am
Sooo hard to read. Hill needs to put his singer ego on side and move to Aldons Bakery.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
6/14/2019 3:18am
Buzzard167 wrote:
Really glad my dad doesn't social media.
My mom is 78 and she recently signed up to Facebook...worst idea ever...
Jrewing
6/14/2019 3:43am
Jrewing wrote:
I have a hard time liking Weston. In that interview I thought, wow this guy sounds like Chad Reed but without the results. Bagging on a...
I have a hard time liking Weston. In that interview I thought, wow this guy sounds like Chad Reed but without the results.
Bagging on a Justin about his drive, but maybe it’s his mental game. Does Westin shit on ET3 for his mental game?
Feel the wrath of the Weston fans.. The guy has a massive chip on his shoulders. And Humility isn’t his strong point.
Not all hero’s wear capes I guess.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
6/14/2019 3:47am
Two Hill-bashing threads in two days. This forum is something else. When it rains it pours here.
Crush
6/14/2019 4:36am
Two Hill-bashing threads in two days. This forum is something else. When it rains it pours here.
It's a Hill-bashing thread?
wwdiii
6/14/2019 4:43am
I thought it was about Smothies
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/14/2019 4:44am
Buzzard167 wrote:
Really glad my dad doesn't social media.
I really hope Mr.Hill called Weston to discuss his disagreement man to man because complaining via social media is no different than what people complain about here being keyboard warriors.

He has a right to be pissed off for what Weston said but it just looks like trying to get sympathy or attention.
Bramlett321
6/14/2019 4:50am
Not about that and I could care less what anyone thinks is "cool". Peick and Reed have both said he's significantly faster than both of them...
Not about that and I could care less what anyone thinks is "cool". Peick and Reed have both said he's significantly faster than both of them during the week yet cannot get it even close to done on the weekend. He's riding around with privateers riding for free. He didn't race in Nashville yet was out playing guitars that night and recently did an interview basically saying he doesn't want to work that hard.

It's all good, he shouldn't have a ride based on performance only. No piling on here.
From the outside looking in it does appear like Justin isn't putting in the work, or there's something else holding him back. Maybe he truly is afraid of getting injured, I don't know...but he came out and upsold the shit out of himself, put in the Tampa ride and it's been a flop ever since. His appearance on DMXS I believe it was didn't help his case at all, he's a world class talent and guys around him have made statements about what they think is Justin's issue. I just hate seeing the way this has worked out for Justin because he's a cool ass cat. Maybe he really doesn't even give a rats ass about racing dirt bikes and is pressured to do so.
Natester551v
6/14/2019 5:03am
Mxpilot20 wrote:
I have a lot of respect for Weston but he is probably best to keep his opinion of others family arrangements to himself. I didn't hear...
I have a lot of respect for Weston but he is probably best to keep his opinion of others family arrangements to himself.
I didn't hear him say anything about Eli's dad
Eli isn't riding around in 17th, and his dad is the GOAT of the mtb world, so I'm guessing that relationship is working just fine.

My guess is Weston just thinks JH needs a change - a clean break if you will.

I don't know Monte from Adam, but I think Josh is pretty unimpressive (unless you're into the Spicolli types). Talented for sure, but unimpressive as a professional athlete.

I think what rubs people the wrong way with Justin is how much he talked about how well he was going to do on the 450 (almost disparagingly towards his fellow 250 competitors - many of which are way gnarlier than him), and then just appears to have called it in this year. It's tough to judge many things from the outside looking in, but he looks soft and out of shape for a guy who is going to war each week with Tomac, Roczen, Barcia, etc.

IMHO of course...lol

Post a reply to: Get yo popcorn

The Latest