First Look: 2019 Honda CRF Motocross, XC, Off-Road, and Dual Sports...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2018 8:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2018 8:54 AM

First Look: 2019 Honda CRF Motocross, XC, Off-Road, and Dual Sport:

Honda finally has a 450 dual sport bike, the CRF450L and a Works Edition/Ken Roczen CRF450R.

https://www.vitalmx.com/features/First-Look-2019-Honda-CRF-Motocross-XC-Off-Road-and-Dual-Sport,5978?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=spotlight#.WwWNjDDNKig.twitter

|

5/23/2018 8:54 AM

Photo
|

5/23/2018 9:00 AM

Well better late than never.
There about 18 yrs BEHIND KTM for finally developing a legitimate Dual Sport, but dang 289lbs ready to ride! w00t

Then the race replica also out of KTM's playbook...

This is not a bash as I'm a Honda fan, glad to see they are finally opening their eyes to see a large segment of the off-road mkt they have not been selling to. smile

Thanks for the post ML.

|

5/23/2018 9:01 AM

I think the fuel tanks are backwards. 2 gallon titanium tank on the dual sport and enduro bikes, but 2.3 gallon plastic tank on the hare scramble?

|

5/23/2018 9:25 AM

G-man wrote:

There about 18 yrs BEHIND KTM for finally developing a legitimate Dual Sport, but dang 289lbs ready to ride! w00t

This is not a bash as I'm a Honda fan, glad to see they are finally opening their eyes to see a large segment of the off-road mkt they have not been selling to. smile

Thanks for the post ML.

You ever see an xr600?

|

5/23/2018 9:31 AM

I’m in on that 450l.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

5/23/2018 9:45 AM

Holy sheet! Hello Honda!

|

5/23/2018 9:53 AM

G-man wrote:

Thanks for the post ML.

kb228 wrote:

You ever see an xr600?

Of course, my buddy rides one in our Dual Sport events, but I would not put that bike in the same category as a KTM500 EXC, would you? ermm

|

5/23/2018 10:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2018 10:29 AM

Nice, the headlight and blinkers actually don't make it look like garbage! Great to have options other than KTM for offroad stuff though it does still seem like a tank compared to my exc-f.

|

5/23/2018 10:57 AM

so does the X have an actual offroad transmission? i would have bought an '18 RX if it wasn't the moto tranny.

|

5/23/2018 11:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2018 11:12 AM

peelout wrote:

so does the X have an actual offroad transmission? i would have bought an '18 RX if it wasn't the moto tranny.

The CRF450X has a wide-ratio six-speed transmission.

The CRF450RX has a 5 speed transmission.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/23/2018 11:02 AM

peelout wrote:

It does.

|

5/23/2018 11:08 AM

yeah just read that, i asked before reading.

but no kick-starter? that's been my biggest beef with the new KTM and Husky off-roaders. who wants to be 100 miles from the nearest city/station/public-road and have an electrical issue? i love e-start and it's pretty much mandatory offroad, but there should still be a kick.

any idea if it can be converted to a kick like the '18?

|

5/23/2018 11:44 AM

peelout wrote:

but no kick-starter? that's been my biggest beef with the new KTM and Husky off-roaders. who wants to be 100 miles from the nearest city/station/public-road and have an electrical issue? i love e-start and it's pretty much mandatory offroad, but there should still be a kick.

As soon as they release the parts breakdown of the X I will be able to tell you Peely. I have a feeling you will be able to if it shares the R cases.

|

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

5/23/2018 11:47 AM

That Dual Sport is pretty sick.

|

5/23/2018 11:52 AM

peelout wrote:

Ryno23 wrote:

As soon as they release the parts breakdown of the X I will be able to tell you Peely. I have a feeling you will be able to if it shares the R cases.

The R and RX have new frame / cases and the kickstart plug is gone.

It appears that the X and L are using the older (current) cases and frame so maybe you'll have that option. It's hard to tell from the pics whats behind that black outer cover on the X and L.

|

5/23/2018 11:59 AM

I'm very excited about the 450L & the 450X for that matter. I've been on a 350exc the past 2 years & will never not have a tag again. Ive got intergrated blinkers that cant even bee seen so my bike still looks & feels like an enduro bike + I’m legal to hit forestry roads & the tarmac when needed!

|

5/23/2018 12:04 PM

Finally a manufactory that makes a bitchen dual sport and a MX bike you don't have to buy a bunch of extra's, (special editions race model). Can't believe a manufactory has done that.blink blink blink

|

5/23/2018 12:04 PM

MX915 wrote:

It appears that the X and L are using the older (current) cases and frame so maybe you'll have that option. It's hard to tell from the pics whats behind that black outer cover on the X and L.

LOL, I was doing the same thing trying to blow it up on my screen but couldn't get a good look at it. Here in my world the E-start is nice but in the winter months guys want a back up kickstart for the snow bike season. So I have been already getting questions on the kick start idea. Geez people, it's been release for 3 hours now, how much info am I supposed to have on it!?!

|

5/23/2018 12:06 PM

Did anyone see the weight of these things? Wow are they heavy!!!!! The 450L model is 289# without any fluids. Compete with KTM/Husky????

|

5/23/2018 12:09 PM

If the Honda flameout problems are really and truly a thing of the past, (not just slightly improved over previous years) I may have to consider a 19.

|

5/23/2018 12:25 PM

Ryno23 wrote:

MX915 wrote:

Ryno23 wrote:

LOL, I was doing the same thing trying to blow it up on my screen but couldn't get a good look at it. Here in my world the E-start is nice but in the winter months guys want a back up kickstart for the snow bike season. So I have been already getting questions on the kick start idea. Geez people, it's been release for 3 hours now, how much info am I supposed to have on it!?!

dammit bro, WE NEED TO KNOW!!!

first thing i did was zoom in on to see if the plug was there. almost bought an RX for snowbiking and held off to see if the new X was going to actually be released. i've heard about this bike for a couple years now and have been waiting. if it has the plug to convert to a kick i'll be buying one this October.

you have any hook-up Ryno?

|

5/23/2018 12:43 PM

ama530 wrote:

Did anyone see the weight of these things? Wow are they heavy!!!!! The 450L model is 289# without any fluids. Compete with KTM/Husky????

Honda is 289 wet, meaning ready to ride. KTM/Husky's are just a tad over 260 I believe.

Knock off a bunch of the oversized guards and replace that huge muffler on the Honda and they aren't far off.

|

5/23/2018 12:52 PM

Question is how quickly a bigger tank will be available for the 450 dual sporter. So now have Beta, KTM/Husky, Alta and Honda with modern dual sport options.

|

5/23/2018 12:56 PM

That 450L is the bike I’ve been waiting for (and about three of my friends).

|

5/23/2018 1:00 PM

Love the fact Kenny done this Haha...

|

5/23/2018 1:08 PM

Old guy bitchin and whinin ... must be German or sumthin...

|

5/23/2018 1:27 PM

Congratulations to Honda for speaking with their wallet and putting out a very complete model lineup of dirt bikes!

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

5/23/2018 1:53 PM

peelout wrote:

dammit bro, WE NEED TO KNOW!!!

first thing i did was zoom in on to see if the plug was there. almost bought an RX for snowbiking and held off to see if the new X was going to actually be released. i've heard about this bike for a couple years now and have been waiting. if it has the plug to convert to a kick i'll be buying one this October.

you have any hook-up Ryno?

I'm the service manager at a Honda dealer about 6 hours away from you. When it comes time for a snow bike call me. We do Honda 450's with the Timbersled ARO packages all day long bruddy.

|

5/23/2018 2:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2018 2:01 PM

is the new 450X Fi or does it have a carb ? can't tell from the pictures

|