Finding Stew: Part 2

RedDirtDog
Posts
540
Joined
3/12/2014
Location
Maui, HI, USA
9/4/2018 6:02pm
tingo wrote:
Finding him isn't the problem, that part is pretty simple. It's getting him to agree to participate in this or any other interview that has been...
Finding him isn't the problem, that part is pretty simple. It's getting him to agree to participate in this or any other interview that has been the challenge for the entire moto media. To that end, I don't think there is anyone that AC or Matthes could possibly lean on to get James to make an appearance.
they said malcom was in on it to help, kinda suprised he wasn't even in the vlog
aeffertz
Posts
12791
Joined
7/16/2015
Location
La Crosse, WI, USA
9/4/2018 6:42pm
RedDirtDog wrote:
they said malcom was in on it to help, kinda suprised he wasn't even in the vlog
So you're telling me one of the Stewarts backed out and stopped answering phone calls? I don't believe this!
3
1
Steve 396
Posts
858
Joined
6/14/2014
Location
Crestview, FL, USA
9/4/2018 7:59pm
I really enjoyed that.

Wish JS7 would be involved in helping the sport in some way or fashion. It appears he is not and its his choice. Is what it is. For the few that think wasn't funny, you are mistaken.....
1
Superdave19
Posts
1101
Joined
10/10/2012
Location
Spring, TX, USA
9/4/2018 8:13pm
I get off more watching old Stew races rather than waiting to see what he's up too now-
Has any other high caliber mx/sx star ignored the public or went in to hiding like James?

Larry Ward kinda I guess, but don't think he was completely avoiding anyone..jus doing the mountain man thing

The Shop

jemcee
Posts
12861
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
9/4/2018 8:28pm
I did enjoy it and thought it was funny but factoring in the fact that they didn't 'find him' I think it could've been just one longer video but that probably doesn't help the views and subscriptions and all that shit..

I was sure he was gonna be involved in some way.. Colour me wrong
newmann
Posts
24437
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/4/2018 8:39pm
I'm going to call BS on the whole thing. They physically broke into Chad Reeds house yet wouldn't even climb the fence at the Stewart Compound. Quitters....






Whistling
2
2
FIREfish148
Posts
5488
Joined
1/20/2009
Location
Kirkland, WA, USA
9/5/2018 2:29am
I would be ducking you nerds if I was James too...
3
resetjet
Posts
2558
Joined
3/16/2012
Location
Tampa, FL, USA
9/5/2018 5:49am
Its pretty obvious he needs a total separation from all things moto. Its costing him alot of money to do so. I am glad he is getting it.
Tarz483
Posts
6344
Joined
2/25/2009
Location
Mankato, MN, USA
9/5/2018 6:05am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 6:05am
yz25 wrote:
A little off topic. What was the main factor Stewy left Kawi? Wouldn't think it was the bike, he just finished a undefeated season. I don't...
A little off topic.

What was the main factor Stewy left Kawi? Wouldn't think it was the bike, he just finished a undefeated season. I don't recall seeing a main reason why he departed. Just a question. Didn't want to start another JS7 topic.

thanks
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Red Bull athlete, Monster Energy backed team. Something along those lines I believe.

You don't leave Red Bull when they pay you really really well.
In hindsight he should Have stayed on the Kawasaki and Gotten As much cash as he could from monster
Because he was way better on Kawasaki
And especially after 2010 Woulda much benefited from still being on a Kawasaki
Tarz483
Posts
6344
Joined
2/25/2009
Location
Mankato, MN, USA
9/5/2018 6:06am
newmann wrote:
I'm going to call BS on the whole thing. They physically broke into Chad Reeds house yet wouldn't even climb the fence at the Stewart Compound...
I'm going to call BS on the whole thing. They physically broke into Chad Reeds house yet wouldn't even climb the fence at the Stewart Compound. Quitters....






Whistling
Was all as Fake as wrestling
Think Ronnie Mac
1
Crush
Posts
21137
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney, AU
9/5/2018 6:12am
They just did a behind the scenes pod... Fuck Steve isn't scared to call out bullshit.

3
9/5/2018 6:15am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 6:15am
Steve 396 wrote:
I really enjoyed that. Wish JS7 would be involved in helping the sport in some way or fashion. It appears he is not and its his...
I really enjoyed that.

Wish JS7 would be involved in helping the sport in some way or fashion. It appears he is not and its his choice. Is what it is. For the few that think wasn't funny, you are mistaken.....
I think you may be falsely remembering what JS7 was like? This isn't a man that ever struck me as remotely bothered in anything industry-wise outside of his own wallet, and his own performance.

The guy absolutely exuded arrogance, which isn't a character trait usually associated with people that want to help their sport. Look at the polar differences in personality between JS7 and the likes of Trey Canard for example.
2
huck
Posts
17043
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
9/5/2018 6:32am
newmann wrote:
I'm going to call BS on the whole thing. They physically broke into Chad Reeds house yet wouldn't even climb the fence at the Stewart Compound...
I'm going to call BS on the whole thing. They physically broke into Chad Reeds house yet wouldn't even climb the fence at the Stewart Compound. Quitters....






Whistling
Could you picture steve trying to climb over anything....let alone a fence!?
9/5/2018 6:40am
aeffertz wrote:
So you're telling me one of the Stewarts backed out and stopped answering phone calls? I don't believe this!
Actually, you are wrong. Malcolm responded when Steve showed up at the compound. Steve explained it all in the "making of" podcast.
1
Steve 396
Posts
858
Joined
6/14/2014
Location
Crestview, FL, USA
9/5/2018 8:32am
Steve 396 wrote:
I really enjoyed that. Wish JS7 would be involved in helping the sport in some way or fashion. It appears he is not and its his...
I really enjoyed that.

Wish JS7 would be involved in helping the sport in some way or fashion. It appears he is not and its his choice. Is what it is. For the few that think wasn't funny, you are mistaken.....
I think you may be falsely remembering what JS7 was like? This isn't a man that ever struck me as remotely bothered in anything industry-wise outside...
I think you may be falsely remembering what JS7 was like? This isn't a man that ever struck me as remotely bothered in anything industry-wise outside of his own wallet, and his own performance.

The guy absolutely exuded arrogance, which isn't a character trait usually associated with people that want to help their sport. Look at the polar differences in personality between JS7 and the likes of Trey Canard for example.
I get what you are saying and could be very true. Doesn't matter what he did in the past to me in the terms you describe above. I wish he would help the sport grow / advance in some way. Whether or not he does or not is his choice independent of what I wish he would do.
RichieW13
Posts
2511
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
9/5/2018 10:20am
Ac and Steve are hilarious together. The banter and shit talking going on In the car was hilarious
"Do you have time to think 'oops I did it again'?"
1
Dougy1
Posts
473
Joined
4/14/2017
Location
AU
9/5/2018 12:54pm
Crush wrote:
They just did a behind the scenes pod... Fuck Steve isn't scared to call out bullshit.

We're that posted?
Dougy1
Posts
473
Joined
4/14/2017
Location
AU
9/5/2018 3:42pm
Crush wrote:
They just did a behind the scenes pod... Fuck Steve isn't scared to call out bullshit.

Dougy1 wrote:
We're that posted?
Found it. That was pretty good pod more interesting then there actual finding Stew VID. That Roger Larsen guy definitely threw a spanner in the works then looks like he deliberately done that shot on 7 Instagram of Stew to take the wind out of their sales.. Overall though the Finding Stew thing was little bit silly but still entertaining..
FARANG
Posts
861
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/5/2018 4:42pm
Good stuff. Really enjoyed the cameo appearances from the big names. Good to see high profile riders being approachable, down to earth and with a sense of humour.

Post a reply to: Finding Stew: Part 2

The Latest