David Bailey on Chad Reed's crash

DC
Posts
3889
Joined
5/1/2009
Location
Morgantown, WV, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:54pm
Got this note from David and forwarded it to Chad and his team....

Reed's crash was incredible. Usually you wake up right before you hit when something that drastic happens and then think how glad you are it was only a dream. So glad he's okay! I'd say those Tech 10s did their job. Been a fan since he came to the states. Don't know him very well, but I've admired him more and more over the years and I really admire he decisions and commitment as of late. Such a professional presentation of a team and today was totally heroic and revealed his true love for MX and how bad he wants it!

Respect!
db

You can't get a better moto endorsement than from The Icon himself.

DC
MX Sports
|
Scooby
Posts
154
Joined
7/16/2011
Location
Tulsa, OK, USA
7/17/2011 8:48am
I'd frame that and put it on the wall.
machine
Posts
6404
Joined
1/5/2011
Location
Collettsville, NC, USA
7/17/2011 8:49am
nice, thanks for sharing that with us.
MX Culture
Posts
3286
Joined
6/19/2009
Location
Lake Geneva, WI, USA
7/17/2011 9:38am
After yesterday, anybody that wasn't a 22 fan, should be now.
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
7/17/2011 9:46am
That's great!
Very cool of DB!

The Shop

Hut
Posts
10281
Joined
4/27/2010
Location
USA
7/17/2011 9:53am
That's awesome!
Thanks for sharing that
motokid40
Posts
844
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
7/17/2011 9:53am
props to DB for saying how dedicated and wanting it so bad, good on Chad!
Ramrod
Posts
4998
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Ontario, CA
7/17/2011 10:11am
Thanks for sharing that with us DC. Very cool.
Neutra
Posts
636
Joined
8/15/2008
Location
USA
7/17/2011 10:12am
When is DB writing a book? RacerX should produce it. Moto Best seller right there. Just sayin'
BobbyM
Posts
21435
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
7/17/2011 10:13am
thanks for sharing
calimxer91
Posts
5077
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Lancaster, CA, USA
7/17/2011 10:17am
Respect!
Overdrive
Posts
1614
Joined
7/13/2008
Location
Fort Myers, FL, USA
7/17/2011 10:21am
Thanks for sharing that!

Also MXsports/promoters thanks for putting together a great series and tv package this year! Its been an incredible year so far!

DC pass along a thanks also to Feld for toning down the tracks this year so that we had a full field of strong and talented riders. The racing this year has been incredibly intense and has provided for one of the most memorable years since the years of the 80's with so many riders fighting up front.

This field of riders this year has shown such heart, drive and determination and DB was is the perfect example of that.

I believe that with racing like this and the leadership of MX sports the outdoor nationals will give a SX a run for its money in tv audience and spectators.

Everyone keep up the good work. We are all watching!!!!!!!!!
jndmx
Posts
9699
Joined
1/20/2008
Location
South Kingston, RI, USA
7/17/2011 10:22am
Scooby wrote:
I'd frame that and put it on the wall.
Oh hell yeah!
Brosho
Posts
481
Joined
1/31/2011
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
7/17/2011 10:46am
Maybe if he would have kept a finger on the Clutch he would not have crashed..................................Whistling Whistling Whistling
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
7/17/2011 10:54am
Brosho wrote:
Maybe if he would have kept a finger on the Clutch he would not have crashed..................................Whistling Whistling Whistling
I always keep my finger on the clutch here.
kongols
Posts
24230
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
7/17/2011 10:58am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2011 10:59am
Brosho wrote:
Maybe if he would have kept a finger on the Clutch he would not have crashed..................................Whistling Whistling Whistling
GuyB wrote:
I always keep my finger on the clutch here.
GuyB, just don`t tell me that you don`t see the irony in all this?
mxlaw
Posts
31
Joined
7/12/2011
Location
USA
7/17/2011 11:04am
To have the composure to scramble to keep your feet down as you are dropping from 40 feet in the air is incredible!
SlowMoFo
Posts
1539
Joined
4/17/2008
Location
USA
7/17/2011 11:09am
mxlaw wrote:
To have the composure to scramble to keep your feet down as you are dropping from 40 feet in the air is incredible!
Common, he had no control in any moment, he did what comes natural.
c3011
Posts
632
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Perrysburg, OH, USA
7/17/2011 11:10am
I couldn't believe that crash when I saw it. I wrecked in a very similar way, same size jump, similar height, but I hit feet first on the flat ground just past the landing. It cost me a fractured vertabre and ruptured discs above and below the fracture, which led to 3 vertabre being fused togeather. I'm glad CR22 didn't suffer any worse from it.
FIREfish148
Posts
5488
Joined
1/20/2009
Location
Kirkland, WA, USA
7/17/2011 11:13am
That was w/ out a doubt the coolest/most acrobatic crash I've ever seen. The fact that Reed is was able to save it like he did shows how much of an athlete the guys at this level are. Great ride by reed. Dudes on it.
7/17/2011 11:51am
cool and crash shouldn't be in the same sentence.
lopez130
Posts
467
Joined
12/7/2008
Location
Riverside, CA, USA
7/17/2011 11:57am
Brosho wrote:
Maybe if he would have kept a finger on the Clutch he would not have crashed..................................Whistling Whistling Whistling
GuyB wrote:
I always keep my finger on the clutch here.
kongols wrote:
GuyB, just don`t tell me that you don`t see the irony in all this?
No...Why don't u tell us Smartass!
kongols
Posts
24230
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
7/17/2011 12:00pm
lopez130 wrote:
No...Why don't u tell us Smartass!
Some people are worth a reply, even Bobby with all his bullshit does, but you are not one of those people.
jimmie
Posts
2263
Joined
8/21/2008
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
7/17/2011 12:00pm
mxlaw wrote:
To have the composure to scramble to keep your feet down as you are dropping from 40 feet in the air is incredible!
Dude's a cat.
lopez130
Posts
467
Joined
12/7/2008
Location
Riverside, CA, USA
7/17/2011 12:01pm
lopez130 wrote:
No...Why don't u tell us Smartass!
kongols wrote:
Some people are worth a reply, even Bobby with all his bullshit does, but you are not one of those people.
That's right you're Bobby M's #1 Fan...LMAO!
kongols
Posts
24230
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
7/17/2011 12:02pm
mxlaw wrote:
To have the composure to scramble to keep your feet down as you are dropping from 40 feet in the air is incredible!
jimmie wrote:
Dude's a cat.
Cats have 9 lives and Reed used 5 on this one. It was incredible crash and Reed was incredibly lucky.
pilotdude
Posts
3867
Joined
1/12/2009
Location
Vancouver, WA, USA
7/17/2011 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2011 12:11pm
I would bet big money he is one sore dude today. That steep grassy slope saved his bacon. Also, has anyone seen that crash on a sports show highlight section yet? A crash that epic would seem to move out of the realm of moto and into the mainstream news.
smc916
Posts
594
Joined
8/9/2007
Location
Hesperia, CA, USA
7/17/2011 12:39pm
Brosho wrote:
Maybe if he would have kept a finger on the Clutch he would not have crashed..................................Whistling Whistling Whistling
GuyB wrote:
I always keep my finger on the clutch here.
Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
7/17/2011 2:20pm
Brosho wrote:
Maybe if he would have kept a finger on the Clutch he would not have crashed..................................Whistling Whistling Whistling
GuyB wrote:
I always keep my finger on the clutch here.
Do I owe you a tip for that or to just say " Thank you "
chrisbuehler
Posts
3346
Joined
2/9/2009
Location
North Stonington, CT, USA
7/17/2011 2:35pm
pilotdude wrote:
I would bet big money he is one sore dude today. That steep grassy slope saved his bacon. Also, has anyone seen that crash on a...
I would bet big money he is one sore dude today. That steep grassy slope saved his bacon. Also, has anyone seen that crash on a sports show highlight section yet? A crash that epic would seem to move out of the realm of moto and into the mainstream news.
I thought the same thing. A guy dropping out of a 4-story building and getting back on his bike to race and you dont put that on SportsCenter?! F*ck the mainstream, a football player would get carted out on a strecher after that! Chad Reed's a stallion.
Huckster
Posts
2592
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
7/17/2011 2:44pm
I can relate to what DB is saying....I have had that crash dream but in it, its not me, its my son and man do I wake up shaken.....Chad is very fortunate that he landed on the downside of that jump. Same principle as when you huck big cliffs/drops on the snow......Lots of respect for him for getting back out there.

Post a reply to: David Bailey on Chad Reed's crash

The Latest