Dan truman stealing gates and bragging about it

Nesc39
Edited Date/Time 8/6/2021 11:22am
Did anyone else hear Dan bragging on the pulp how he goes out before the numbers are called and steals gates for his rider. Not only is he talking about it on the radio but he says the riders are morons for not knowing better.

Imagine that you’re a privateer and you just busted your ass to get 20th and then you’re walking out to your gate and you don’t get to choose it because Dan already stole it.

He’s a representative for a major brand? He should be banned from the pits for cheating. What a scumbag.
|
face biter
7/29/2021 5:37pm
All they need to do is ride up and take their gate, if he tries to come up and say something they can just tell him to get lost.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/29/2021 5:38pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Did anyone else hear Dan bragging on the pulp how he goes out before the numbers are called and steals gates for his rider. Not only...
Did anyone else hear Dan bragging on the pulp how he goes out before the numbers are called and steals gates for his rider. Not only is he talking about it on the radio but he says the riders are morons for not knowing better.

Imagine that you’re a privateer and you just busted your ass to get 20th and then you’re walking out to your gate and you don’t get to choose it because Dan already stole it.

He’s a representative for a major brand? He should be banned from the pits for cheating. What a scumbag.
But what you are doing is way worse.
romain524
7/29/2021 5:46pm
face biter wrote:
All they need to do is ride up and take their gate, if he tries to come up and say something they can just tell him...
All they need to do is ride up and take their gate, if he tries to come up and say something they can just tell him to get lost.
Pourcel was doing this sometimes, he would come to the gate 5min before the race and just choose his gate, which was a gate that already been prepped by another rider.

The Shop

7/29/2021 5:57pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Did anyone else hear Dan bragging on the pulp how he goes out before the numbers are called and steals gates for his rider. Not only...

Your reporting is worse then CNN
toroP
7/29/2021 6:01pm
Nesc39 wrote:

than
JMR1976
7/29/2021 6:06pm
And this is the content I expect from Vital!
face biter
7/29/2021 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2021 6:07pm
face biter wrote:
All they need to do is ride up and take their gate, if he tries to come up and say something they can just tell him...
romain524 wrote:
Pourcel was doing this sometimes, he would come to the gate 5min before the race and just choose his gate, which was a gate that already...
Pourcel was doing this sometimes, he would come to the gate 5min before the race and just choose his gate, which was a gate that already been prepped by another rider.
Dèplacer

Smile
Nesc39
7/29/2021 6:24pm
They should know the rules and make him move.
Do you think they know he’s doing it and they just don’t say anything? The who point is they don’t know. Maybe everyone should carry around a score sheet from the first moto and cross reference who beat them because dan’s stealing them.

Oh why even have a list? just make it a free-for-all and they can fight over the gates.
Nesc39
7/29/2021 6:26pm
In what way? can you explain what i said that wasn’t true?
slipdog
7/29/2021 6:34pm
Haha, if they don't know what's going own it's their own fault. This has always gone on and I made a point of watching for it back in the 90s and took pride in telling a factory mechanic to kick rocks after they preped a gate for someone being called behind me. Gotta be paying attention...
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
7/29/2021 6:35pm
Nesc39 wrote:
In what way? can you explain what i said that wasn’t true?
You’re right Dan said that but as has been pointed out any rider qualified ahead of his can take that gate from him.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/29/2021 6:35pm
They should know the rules and make him move.
Nesc39 wrote:
Do you think they know he’s doing it and they just don’t say anything? The who point is they don’t know. Maybe everyone should carry around...
Do you think they know he’s doing it and they just don’t say anything? The who point is they don’t know. Maybe everyone should carry around a score sheet from the first moto and cross reference who beat them because dan’s stealing them.

Oh why even have a list? just make it a free-for-all and they can fight over the gates.
No kidding, it’s not like they are the first 5 riders called and can keep track of what gates have been taken already. Pretty shady pool, not that I wouldn’t try it for my rider but he shouldn’t be bragging about it.
Nesc39
7/29/2021 6:36pm
Nesc39 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
Me pointing out that dan is cheating is worse than dan cheating? 😂interesting.

Undersprung
7/29/2021 6:43pm
Weird you took it as bragging. He was just explaining that it happens down there. Plus he's right; pay attention and tell him to kick rocks if you know you're entitled to that gate.
friday10
7/29/2021 6:49pm
face biter wrote:
Yep, the riders shouldn't be pussies and make him GTFO. This happens at any race that sets the gate by qualifying or moto finish.
7/29/2021 6:53pm
face biter wrote:
You could do that but sometimes as a privateer, you can screw your shit up.
Guy packing gate and trying to hold gate for factory rider that broke/crashed in first moto. Your on a brand bike, brand tire, gear ect. and you take riders gate, you just might not find that extra help you got before, with oem parts, tires etc.
Nesc39
7/29/2021 6:59pm
Everyone keeps pointing out that the riders can just tell him to move…..what do you not understand? THEY DONT KNOW HES DOING IT! Do you think they just walked by and wave “oh hey Dan you stole my gate again? nice tell dean good luck! see ya”.

The entire point is that privateers dont have 20 people helping them. They ride the first Moto and then have all they can do to get their bike ready for the second moto. They definitely don’t have time to examine each person that beat them and remember each riders position while they are pushing their bike to the starting line 5 minutes before a race.

If I just paid 1000 dollars and drove across the country to race a professional event I would expect that it was being run professionally and everyone was following the rules. I Would expect that if I busted my ass for 20th place that I would actually get my 20th place pick without having to worry someone is trying to steal it. I came here to race not play detective

I definitely would not expect a semi important person in the sport to be cheating and then calling me a moron for not catching him.

If what he is doing is OK and then what else is OK? Can people just cut the track? Is Dan gonna dump water in my gas tank while i’m eating snd then tell me i’m a fucking idiot for not seeing him?
7/29/2021 6:59pm
face biter wrote:
friday10 wrote:
Yep, the riders shouldn't be pussies and make him GTFO. This happens at any race that sets the gate by qualifying or moto finish.
I think you are missing something, I dare say the guys at the back of the pack just assume when a guy like Dan is holding a spot, its because their rider did finish ahead. Plus telling industry guys to f**k off when you may need their help later is a tough spot to be in.

I also dont blame factory mechanics for trying to pull the move. the AMA / MX sports should probably have a better system. once again, some of the aspects from this sport come straight out of fairground level racing.

Do you think this sort of stuff would happen in MotoGP or F1? of course not, once people try to game the system the sanctioning body close the loophole. the AMA just pretends they didnt see.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/29/2021 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2021 11:22pm
Nesc39 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
Nesc39 wrote:
Me pointing out that dan is cheating is worse than dan cheating? 😂interesting.

Dan isn't cheating but you are whining about something that doesn't even effect you. Stiches for snitches and bitches. Cool I just cant understand why you make up scenarios in your mind just to just get upset about.
jk367
7/29/2021 8:39pm
Nesc39 wrote:

First of all he wasn’t bragging about anything and there are plenty of the same things going on by other riders or members. Just trying to get an edge. Relax Nancy
jk367
7/29/2021 8:41pm
I do agree with you on the ama should tighten up things down there though
wreckitrandy
7/29/2021 8:46pm
Once at Muddy Creek in the early 90's, Wirehead Jones was running multiple classes and his son was holding a gate for him. Some guy, I think from Pennsylvania, on a KX 500 sporting a number one,,,, pulls up and roots the kid out of the spot. When Jones gets there his boy told him what happened. Wirehead walks over in front of his bike, grabs him by the helmet, drags him up over the handlebars and reads him the riot act, shoves him back on the seat and gets on his own bike. On the first lap, in the 180 right hand turn before the announcer tower, Wirehead ran over the top of ole #1. He didn't finish the race and loaded up and left. Probably a wise move. The moral of this story is, be careful who's gate you nick. Lest you get plowed into the ground.
t_baum88
7/29/2021 11:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2021 11:29pm
If this was any Amateur race.... I am 100% for this move, up to the dude with better gate pick to realize.

But at pro race? No, and there is reason. As a privateer in 20th you have little time to pick gate when it is your turn, everything is kind of rushed past p-15 it seemed to me at least. And then you have official likely down there holding up his fingers indicating how many gates are left on inside. If Truman is being counted that makes it another level.

I want to make clear, I am for Truman doing this, but he inevitably gets banned from the starting gates.

Starting line officials need to tell him to take hike and be more on top of it. But fair ish play to Truman himself, I always liked telling guy in gate I want to take a hike. And I've also gotten a few gates I shouldn't of. Or even tricking guy with number one gate pick to take gate I want him to take then picking my real gate.

Did not listen to show but have started at a few dirtbike races.

If he is rider actual mechanic.. this is not a story, didn't do anything wrong. Should be allowed. If he is not rider mechanic see above.
shortcourse
7/29/2021 11:46pm
Once at Muddy Creek in the early 90's, Wirehead Jones was running multiple classes and his son was holding a gate for him. Some guy, I...
Once at Muddy Creek in the early 90's, Wirehead Jones was running multiple classes and his son was holding a gate for him. Some guy, I think from Pennsylvania, on a KX 500 sporting a number one,,,, pulls up and roots the kid out of the spot. When Jones gets there his boy told him what happened. Wirehead walks over in front of his bike, grabs him by the helmet, drags him up over the handlebars and reads him the riot act, shoves him back on the seat and gets on his own bike. On the first lap, in the 180 right hand turn before the announcer tower, Wirehead ran over the top of ole #1. He didn't finish the race and loaded up and left. Probably a wise move. The moral of this story is, be careful who's gate you nick. Lest you get plowed into the ground.

Wirehead was a badass! Raced him a coupe times in NC.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
7/30/2021 2:56am
Maybe you could contact his employers and tell on him.

Post a reply to: Dan truman stealing gates and bragging about it

The Latest