Chad Reed 2014 Rumours?

Edited Date/Time 11/1/2013 9:08am
Hey guys, I was just wondering what Chad Reeds deal is for 2014? Hearing things from Suzuki to Yamaha to even KTM for 2014, so was checking if anyone had any certain news about him.

Hope he doesn't retire of course! Although, ive been trying to decipher his tweet of "Alls well, see you at Anaheim!" - Question is, what will he be on, and will he still have his own team?
|
Harry_Gray
8/23/2013 5:06pm
There has been a few threads on here on what he might/might not do. It's all speculation until we actually see it...
jeffro503
8/23/2013 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2013 6:21pm
TripleFive wrote:
He will continue to fade.
I don't think so. Some people write him off to early. The year before he was kicking some serious ass and was giving both Ryan's fits on many occasions. You just don't lose that kind of speed in a year.....unless somethings up.

Personally ( and this is my own opinion )......I think he can't stand the 13' Honda.......and his diet is all out of whack. The second one......I'm not really sure what to say. Except " Chad...pull your head out of your ass....and get back to your 2012 program! "

The Shop

Xsenter
8/23/2013 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2013 9:35pm
TripleFive wrote:
Agree !

To blame the bike is stupid !

Even if it's bad, Barcia and Trey both have won on it !

And the new bike will be better for every season.

Look how bad the 2009 crf450 was ! Almost everybody proracer hated it . In 2011/2012 everybody loved it and some called it best bike ever. If there is one brand that can take care of if problems , it's Honda ! They might not have the time to make big changes in the middle of the season but always seems to get improvments in the offseason.

Chad is usually pretty smart about decisions , but this time I feel he does a big mistake by leaving red !

If he goes to Suzuki , a brand that has a factory team that can barely take care of one rider thu to bad economy. How much development has that bike had compared to the other brands the last 5-6 years ? It's the same main frame and plastic as 2008 ! Honda , Yamaha , Kawasaki and ktm have all released 2 compleatly new models since 2008 !

It's big, heavy and look dated
Cashmore
8/23/2013 9:36pm
A little off topic but... Didn't Windam say the bike had a little to do with his retirement?
DocMarten
8/23/2013 9:48pm
TripleFive wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't think so. Some people write him off to early. The year before he was kicking some serious ass and was giving both Ryan's fits...
I don't think so. Some people write him off to early. The year before he was kicking some serious ass and was giving both Ryan's fits on many occasions. You just don't lose that kind of speed in a year.....unless somethings up.

Personally ( and this is my own opinion )......I think he can't stand the 13' Honda.......and his diet is all out of whack. The second one......I'm not really sure what to say. Except " Chad...pull your head out of your ass....and get back to your 2012 program! "
that was in 2011
40Plus_922mx
8/23/2013 9:50pm
If you have ever been fast you know how important it is to be confident in your bike. It's real simple, it either works with you or against you. The more it works with you the less you have to think. Resulting in more focus going forward. The more it works against you the more you have to think. Resluting in more focus going under you as you anticipate querks.

When you are young you are more willing to work and work. When you are a vet it can be a big discouragement. You then revisit all of your past bad bike experiences and can be tempted to say "crap not this again"..
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
8/23/2013 9:52pm
I think Suzuki hasn't messed with the bike much because if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They e had a really solid bike for some years now and it's a proven winner.

Just because chad isn't winning races this year, doesn't mean he's not making any money. You don't get rich from purse money anyway. All sponsor money. He's worth millions, he owns his own team with some of the best mechanics. Lots of endorsements, cloths, etc. Hell we bought 2 of his shirts this year. He's a smart guy, hell figure it out. He'll get big bucks from RCH and I think he'll do good on the zuke.. IMHO.
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
8/23/2013 9:54pm
TripleFive wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't think so. Some people write him off to early. The year before he was kicking some serious ass and was giving both Ryan's fits...

DocMarten wrote:
that was in 2011
Pretty sure last year when he got hurt he was giving Villo all he could handle.
brimx153
8/23/2013 9:57pm
TripleFive wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

big x 2, everyone said the exact same when he was on the kxf, he was done , to old bla bla bla , he seems to be a rider if he does nt gell with the bike 100% it wont happen for him , i agree , and think it is mostly the bike , and he hate s it , put him back on his 2012 honda , and i bet he would have been up near the top , hope he goes suzuki ,cause he flew on it, and reed will be pushing RV again , ps . hate this crap that barcia and canard do well on the bike , so its a great bike , RV did great on the kxf and reed hated it , some bikes suit some riders , and yes Windam said the bike had a good bit to do with his retirement, not to say its a bad bike just suits some people and not others
8/23/2013 10:22pm
If you have ever been fast you know how important it is to be confident in your bike. It's real simple, it either works with you...
If you have ever been fast you know how important it is to be confident in your bike. It's real simple, it either works with you or against you. The more it works with you the less you have to think. Resulting in more focus going forward. The more it works against you the more you have to think. Resluting in more focus going under you as you anticipate querks.

When you are young you are more willing to work and work. When you are a vet it can be a big discouragement. You then revisit all of your past bad bike experiences and can be tempted to say "crap not this again"..
Case in point, the '07 YZ450F one of the fastest race bikes I've ever ridden but turning was sketchy at best and high speed breaking bumps were not confidence inspiring, as soon as we got the '08's half way through the summer I've never been happier. No I'm not an RV or RD top 1% racer but the second half of the '07 season on the '08 YZ I sure felt like I was. Once you click 100% with the bike it does kick u up to another level. Seems like Chad just can't get there on the '13 CRF. I really hope they get the deal done wherever he is happy so he can run up front again, I'm a big #22 fan, love the team and his wife & kids being at the races are a inspiration to anyone who knows them, the 22 family brings back some of that original family element to the top levels of our sport. IMHO
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
8/23/2013 10:29pm
The tablecloth incident has possibly scarred him for life. I read that on the internet, so stamp it. It all traces back to the missing tablecloth.

Though it is possible, through intensive counseling, he will hopefully find some inner peace and get back to kicking some ass.
8/23/2013 11:00pm
Okay I hadn't considered the who tablecloth incident, disregard everything I wrote about being confident in your bike, the tablecloth thing really must have screwed him up...
8/24/2013 6:15am
TripleFive wrote:
Xsenter wrote:
Agree ! To blame the bike is stupid ! Even if it's bad, Barcia and Trey both have won on it ! And the new bike...
Agree !

Look how bad the 2009 crf450 was ! Almost everybody proracer hated it . In 2011/2012 everybody loved it and some called it best bike ever. If there is one brand that can take care of if problems , it's Honda ! They might not have the time to make big changes in the middle of the season but always seems to get improvments in the offseason.

Chad is usually pretty smart about decisions , but this time I feel he does a big mistake by leaving red !

If he goes to Suzuki , a brand that has a factory team that can barely take care of one rider thu to bad economy. How much development has that bike had compared to the other brands the last 5-6 years ? It's the same main frame and plastic as 2008 ! Honda , Yamaha , Kawasaki and ktm have all released 2 compleatly new models since 2008 !

could you refresh my memory....on say all the wins canardo has on the 13 honder......
toroP
8/24/2013 7:22am
Xsenter wrote:
Agree ! To blame the bike is stupid ! Even if it's bad, Barcia and Trey both have won on it ! And the new bike...
Agree !

On the 2011- '12 Honda, Reed beat RV and RD repeatedly.

Why aren't TC and JB doing the same?
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
8/24/2013 7:29am
Cashmore wrote:
A little off topic but... Didn't Windam say the bike had a little to do with his retirement?
You saying this is the first I've heard any mention of it. All I recall Windham saying was that it was "time" and he was at the point where previous injuries had him thinking too much and once that starts you are done.

Don't recall Windham mentioning the bike as a factor in his retirement at all.
kongols
8/24/2013 7:36am
FGR01 wrote:
You saying this is the first I've heard any mention of it. All I recall Windham saying was that it was "time" and he was at...
You saying this is the first I've heard any mention of it. All I recall Windham saying was that it was "time" and he was at the point where previous injuries had him thinking too much and once that starts you are done.

Riders always tell the truth when talking to camera.
Lefty Right
8/24/2013 7:49am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2013 7:52am
jeffro503 wrote:

DocMarten wrote:
that was in 2011
mx510 wrote:
Pretty sure last year when he got hurt he was giving Villo all he could handle.
And after getting hurt he was never the same rider right??

Some riders do slow down after getting hurtWhistling
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
8/24/2013 8:03am
FGR01 wrote:
You saying this is the first I've heard any mention of it. All I recall Windham saying was that it was "time" and he was at...

kongols wrote:
Riders always tell the truth when talking to camera.
OK, so spread some truth on us. Otherwise, what is the point of your post?
kongols
8/24/2013 8:08am
FGR01 wrote:
No point. I`m just stating obvious that riders are always telling the truth when talking to camera.
8/24/2013 8:09am
I was just kidding guys, he's not going to fade. Chad will be a podium contender FOREVER!!!! Age is just a number
bullpen658
8/24/2013 8:17am
If I had a nickel for every time all the vitards had written Reed off, I'd be a gazillionaire.

It definitely was not the Reed we all know this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he was back on top of his game at A1.
8/24/2013 8:40am
TripleFive wrote:
If he is making money this year I would be very impressed.
Maybe not purse money but I guarantee Chad made money this year. Even without results he is still a marketing machine
motoplook
8/24/2013 8:48am
Matthes told me he was testing the RCH Suzuki at the factory track last week and it looked like it was a possible serious deal.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
8/24/2013 9:21am
FGR01 wrote:
kongols wrote:
No point. I`m just stating obvious that riders are always telling the truth when talking to camera.
There's a difference between "not telling the truth" and just plain not saying something at all because it simply isn't the case. Windham never mentioned the bike as a factor in his retirement. Don't assume that means he was "lying" and the bike WAS a factor, because it doesn't. Let's not make shit up or imply the existence of something that doesn't exist.
8/24/2013 10:15am
motoplook wrote:
Matthes told me he was testing the RCH Suzuki at the factory track last week and it looked like it was a possible serious deal.
That would be sweet. Reed going to RCH with Ricky training him kind of like when Apollo trained Rocky after Rocky got demolished by Clubber Lang. If this deal happens I see a string of championships for Reed for the next few years.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed 2014 Rumours?

The Latest