Blair's Breakdown: Houston 2

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2021 10:18 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/20/2021 10:23 AM

Great stuff. Thanks Mav! You can be my wing man any time!

|

1/20/2021 2:37 PM

Thanks that was really good.

|

1/20/2021 3:13 PM

Side note: why does the footage in this video look so good compared to the broadcast? I have a 5K television but it didn't look like this vid does on my computer.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/20/2021 3:40 PM

Excellent.

|

1/20/2021 4:00 PM

Really liking these breakdowns, keep up the good work Blair.

|

1/20/2021 4:59 PM

Good stuff, it's nice to have someone competent with knowledge and a passion for the sport doing something like this. Looking forward to more.

|

1/20/2021 5:04 PM

daemon616 wrote:

Great stuff. Thanks Mav! You can be my wing man any time!

Few will understand the reference πŸ˜•

|

1/20/2021 5:22 PM

daemon616 wrote:

Great stuff. Thanks Mav! You can be my wing man any time!

mxracer816 wrote:

Few will understand the reference πŸ˜•

Bullshit ! You can be mine.

|

1/20/2021 5:26 PM

daemon616 wrote:

Great stuff. Thanks Mav! You can be my wing man any time!

mxracer816 wrote:

Few will understand the reference πŸ˜•

gerg wrote:

Bullshit ! You can be mine.

LET'S GO PLAY VOLLEYBALL! Skins vs Skins

|

1/20/2021 5:38 PM

Wow.....great stuff

|

1/20/2021 5:45 PM

mxracer816 wrote:

Few will understand the reference πŸ˜•

Slider.....sniff.....you stink

|

1/20/2021 6:01 PM

::TEETH CHOMP::

|

1/20/2021 9:03 PM

I feel the need

|

1/21/2021 2:29 AM

Blairs doing a great job with this. My only fear is that it can't last forever- we can only look at and analyse so many broken down whoops and rutted rhythm sections before its the same every week.

Next up, take us in to the pits after the race and get inside those rigs for a look at some bikes- the war wounds, the breakages who is saying/doing what etc etc.

If I was a team manager Id be welcoming Blair in for an inside in depth look- imagine how happy the sponsors would be with that. Even Barcia's broken shifter- its nothing for GG to be ashamed of, that's racings bad luck.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

1/21/2021 3:27 AM

daemon616 wrote:

Great stuff. Thanks Mav! You can be my wing man any time!

mxracer816 wrote:

Few will understand the reference πŸ˜•

Some of older dudes (who also flew in the Navy) got it!

Really enjoyed that video, thanks Blair! The sand was great. I like to see elements that break up the rhythm and requires different techniques. Each track should have some unique elements. Makes for better racing and gives Blair something to talk about.

|

1/21/2021 4:05 AM

Falcon wrote:

Side note: why does the footage in this video look so good compared to the broadcast? I have a 5K television but it didn't look like this vid does on my computer.

Agreed. The NBCSN broadcast quality is terrible. Looks like it was produced in a small resolution and blown up for the broadcast. I was getting ready to call for a Lasik appointment until I channel surfed during commercials and realized it wasn't me.

|

1/21/2021 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2021 7:05 AM

Cool vid, but not at all a fan of the conversation they were having around the 7 minute mark. Blair asking "how do you fix it?" when riders start quading something that wasn't meant to be quaded. Fix what? Shouldn't the goal be to build the track and let these guys figure out how to get around it as fast as possible? I get building things within reason, but if some of the faster guys uncork something that other guys aren't doing - hell yeah! I sure as hell hope their goal isn't to design the track so that everyone is doing the same thing, but that's what it sounded like. A lot. Saying JS7 was "infamous for doing thing they didn't think they/he would do" is entirely the wrong word choice...he was awesome for it.

|

1/21/2021 9:31 AM

tingo wrote:

Cool vid, but not at all a fan of the conversation they were having around the 7 minute mark. Blair asking "how do you fix it?" when riders start quading something that wasn't meant to be quaded. Fix what? Shouldn't the goal be to build the track and let these guys figure out how to get around it as fast as possible? I get building things within reason, but if some of the faster guys uncork something that other guys aren't doing - hell yeah! I sure as hell hope their goal isn't to design the track so that everyone is doing the same thing, but that's what it sounded like. A lot. Saying JS7 was "infamous for doing thing they didn't think they/he would do" is entirely the wrong word choice...he was awesome for it.

I thought the same thing.

|

1/21/2021 9:06 PM

tingo wrote:

Cool vid, but not at all a fan of the conversation they were having around the 7 minute mark. Blair asking "how do you fix it?" when riders start quading something that wasn't meant to be quaded. Fix what? Shouldn't the goal be to build the track and let these guys figure out how to get around it as fast as possible? I get building things within reason, but if some of the faster guys uncork something that other guys aren't doing - hell yeah! I sure as hell hope their goal isn't to design the track so that everyone is doing the same thing, but that's what it sounded like. A lot. Saying JS7 was "infamous for doing thing they didn't think they/he would do" is entirely the wrong word choice...he was awesome for it.

I've got the opposite viewpoint, I enjoyed this part of it. The dirt wurx fellow they were talking to is obviously an engineer...he's looking at the track as a series of math problems and tries to figure out what would be possible/impossible. I took his comment on JS7 as a huge compliment, in essence he was saying JS7 would do the impossible regularly.

|

1/21/2021 9:19 PM

tingo wrote:

Cool vid, but not at all a fan of the conversation they were having around the 7 minute mark. Blair asking "how do you fix it?" when riders start quading something that wasn't meant to be quaded. Fix what? Shouldn't the goal be to build the track and let these guys figure out how to get around it as fast as possible? I get building things within reason, but if some of the faster guys uncork something that other guys aren't doing - hell yeah! I sure as hell hope their goal isn't to design the track so that everyone is doing the same thing, but that's what it sounded like. A lot. Saying JS7 was "infamous for doing thing they didn't think they/he would do" is entirely the wrong word choice...he was awesome for it.

nickm wrote:

I've got the opposite viewpoint, I enjoyed this part of it. The dirt wurx fellow they were talking to is obviously an engineer...he's looking at the track as a series of math problems and tries to figure out what would be possible/impossible. I took his comment on JS7 as a huge compliment, in essence he was saying JS7 would do the impossible regularly.

I recall James saying in an interview that he never looked at the track like β€œoh they made a double here and triple there.” Instead, he looked at each pile of dirt as individual puzzle pieces and he would try to figure out how to put the pieces together in the most efficient way possible.

|

1/22/2021 2:44 AM

Blair does good job with these keep them coming

|

1/22/2021 3:21 AM

Photo
|

1/22/2021 4:17 AM

Falcon wrote:

Side note: why does the footage in this video look so good compared to the broadcast? I have a 5K television but it didn't look like this vid does on my computer.

Broadcast level isn’t the same as what your tv or screen can handle.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/22/2021 8:31 AM

Falcon wrote:

Side note: why does the footage in this video look so good compared to the broadcast? I have a 5K television but it didn't look like this vid does on my computer.

As far as I understand, the broadcast from NBC Sports Gold (now on Peacock) is only 720p. Not sure what it is on cable.

|

1/22/2021 8:34 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Blairs doing a great job with this. My only fear is that it can't last forever- we can only look at and analyse so many broken down whoops and rutted rhythm sections before its the same every week.

Next up, take us in to the pits after the race and get inside those rigs for a look at some bikes- the war wounds, the breakages who is saying/doing what etc etc.

If I was a team manager Id be welcoming Blair in for an inside in depth look- imagine how happy the sponsors would be with that. Even Barcia's broken shifter- its nothing for GG to be ashamed of, that's racings bad luck.

I disagree. This really helps show those who aren't hugely into the sport how technical and difficult these tracks are. He breaks down every track and talks about the sections that were causing problems for everyone and also goes into detail of how the sections are meant to work. This is great for the sport. I have no interest in the "pits". The racing is on the track.

|

1/22/2021 8:48 AM

I'd rather see Stew's Breakdown than Blair's Breakdown.

|

1/22/2021 8:52 AM

davistld01 wrote:

I'd rather see Stew's Breakdown than Blair's Breakdown.

Stew's breakdowns of the race were nice, just to see him back in the sport, but we all saw how long that lasted. I like that they are doing a breakdown of the track, something we can't see in-depth on the broadcast. It certainly helps better show how difficult the tracks are for everyone.

|

1/22/2021 9:00 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Blairs doing a great job with this. My only fear is that it can't last forever- we can only look at and analyse so many broken down whoops and rutted rhythm sections before its the same every week.

Next up, take us in to the pits after the race and get inside those rigs for a look at some bikes- the war wounds, the breakages who is saying/doing what etc etc.

If I was a team manager Id be welcoming Blair in for an inside in depth look- imagine how happy the sponsors would be with that. Even Barcia's broken shifter- its nothing for GG to be ashamed of, that's racings bad luck.

Would be awesome but won’t happen with the coco restrictions

|

1/22/2021 12:09 PM

Daniel does it right.

Nice.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.