Big Guissepe Luongo interview

mccread
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2013 11:08pm
Luongo answers the big questions on mxvice.com - GL interview

And makes some interesting points in response to the critics claims...
|
Bauer
6/4/2013 5:02am
Not a bad job of interviewing him, McCready, but the way you were lobbing softball questions at him I almost thought it was Geoff doing the interview. Heck, at one point he even pointed out that you answered the question for him! No offense...

For instance, when you asked him about prize money and he replied by challenging anyone to do a comparable series and pay purse money also, you might have reminded him that we do exactly that over here in America in both SX and MX...
6/4/2013 5:15am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 5:18am
Bauer - the GP and the Nats are not the same are they. Don't get me wrong I am not slagging off the Nats as they are a bloody great series of races but they are of a very different mould and quality. Oh and you only have to look at this or any other board for more than a few seconds to find people groaning about both MX and SX.
Fearo
6/4/2013 5:18am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 5:19am
Every time I read an interview with that guy I am in awe.

The things he says are so mindblowingly wrong and crazy, it's like he lives in another universe.

chuckie108
6/4/2013 6:19am
What I want to know is how does Luomgo keep all the Euro journalists in step with his agenda? Whether its MXGeoff, Adam Wherler on this weeks podcast, or whoever, they all seem to be afraid to being critical of the GP series. Does GL have dirt on you guys or what? Or is there a steady stream of hookers and blow the rest of us just don't know about?

The Shop

Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
6/4/2013 6:21am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 6:22am
The main concern is MX 1 class with half empty gates, if he can find a solution maybe drop the entry fee or find a way to have qualifications for the class the problem will be solved. The majority of the complaints is the lack of MX1 riders. I think he is doing a great job with young riders and the european championship. Also under GL the events and facilities are very professional and it seems the TV coverage is good. Fix the MX1 class and i believe most will be happy. God job Mcread on the questions.
bobby397
6/4/2013 6:28am
chuckie108 wrote:
What I want to know is how does Luomgo keep all the Euro journalists in step with his agenda? Whether its MXGeoff, Adam Wherler on this...
What I want to know is how does Luomgo keep all the Euro journalists in step with his agenda? Whether its MXGeoff, Adam Wherler on this weeks podcast, or whoever, they all seem to be afraid to being critical of the GP series. Does GL have dirt on you guys or what? Or is there a steady stream of hookers and blow the rest of us just don't know about?
Ask Steve m where bad mouthing GL will get you. As I recall Steve had to report from a spectators point of view.
jtomasik
6/4/2013 6:30am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 6:30am
Nerd has a points system to really bump things up a notch, if Luongo's interested.....

Wink
6/4/2013 6:42am
think Luongo should ask Marcus Schiffer why he is not racing in the mx1 gp. did real good last mxdn haha but if u are not in the gp mx1 u cant ride so Schiffer cant ride an mx1 bike hahaha
Fearo
6/4/2013 8:04am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 8:04am
Another great quote:

"For sure we would like to have more American riders in the MXGP but as you know there are very few American riders who are able to compete for top positions in the MXGP"

GrinningGrinningGrinning
Crush
6/4/2013 8:07am
chuckie108 wrote:
What I want to know is how does Luomgo keep all the Euro journalists in step with his agenda? Whether its MXGeoff, Adam Wherler on this...
If they write something bad they get banned.

And I like Geoff but isn't he actually on Youthstream's payroll? Not being a dick, just under that impression
6/4/2013 8:19am
" For sure we would like to have more American riders in the MXGP but as you know there are very few American riders who are able to compete for top positions in the MXGP and those top riders are also very specialized in Supercross, where they have very good contracts".................Very few American riders can compete in his series. Funny shit.
kongols
6/4/2013 8:24am
Fearo wrote:
Another great quote: "For sure we would like to have more American riders in the MXGP but as you know there are very few American riders...
Another great quote:

"For sure we would like to have more American riders in the MXGP but as you know there are very few American riders who are able to compete for top positions in the MXGP"

GrinningGrinningGrinning
LaughingLaughingLaughingWoohooWoohooWoohoo
MXMattii
6/4/2013 9:17am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 9:18am
mccread wrote:
Luongo answers the big questions on mxvice.com - GL interview

And makes some interesting points in response to the critics claims...
Damn I hope you brushed your teeth behind that interview...
Alex
6/4/2013 9:21am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 9:28am
" For sure we would like to have more American riders in the MXGP but as you know there are very few American riders who are...
" For sure we would like to have more American riders in the MXGP but as you know there are very few American riders who are able to compete for top positions in the MXGP and those top riders are also very specialized in Supercross, where they have very good contracts".................Very few American riders can compete in his series. Funny shit.
He didnt say "very few can compete in the series" he said "compete for top positions". What he's saying is very straight forward. Its a fact that there are only a few riders in America capable of competing for wins in GPs and those riders already have big SX contracts so they're not going to come over.

When teams do take a punt on US riders with lower top ten finishes to their name like Hamblin or Mills those gambles generally dont pay off. Zach has been the only exception to this.

Kinda agree with Bauer on the questions front Mccread. No offence as I'm sure its not easy to ask GL questions, but cant help feeling you missed an opertunity to get some bigger follow up questions in there.

EDIT : just realised you may have sent those questions in email. If you did apologies.
MXMattii
6/4/2013 10:26am
A lot of people in the UK feel that because there is no open qualification or prize money riders don’t get a fair chance at the GPs. They say that each GP should be run by clubs and riders get start money and prize money like the old days (or even a sponsored privateer purse).What is your view on that idea and is that model realistic anymore in today’s world?

I would suggest that these people organize their own series, try with their own ideas and see if it works, after that they can make their comments and maybe explain where they found money to pay for all this and to all the services they would need to provide (TV production, timing, infrastructure which Youthstream supplies and which are imperative for a modern sport to exist and be promoted on a high level).

Concerning the fairness for the riders to qualify, this is probably a story invented by riders/fans who don’t have the level to compete in MX1 / MX2. Today, via the European Championship it’s very easy for young talented riders to be spotted and be entered in the MX2 class, the MX1 class on the other hand has such a high level of competition that only a few riders in the world are able to compete on a high level in this class.

In reply to this, during the MXGP festival in Great Britain every rider who thinks they are able to race in the MX1 class and have not had the chance up until today to be seen by a team will have the possibility to make a test; riders able to make a lap within 110% of the average time of the top 10 MX1 riders will have a free entry in the 2014 MX1 class, in addition the local organizer of each MXGP event will have an allocation for wild card riders to enter for free of charge in order to promote locally the GP (under the same condition that they are able to make a lap within 110% of the average time of the top 10 MX1 riders). It is difficult to enter in the MX1 class not because the selection is unfair but because the level in this class is outstandingly high.

NOTE: If riders as Nicolas Aubin, Jeremy Delincé, Frederik Norén, Milko Potisek, Brad Anderson, Seb Pourcel, Cedric Soubeyras, Anthony Boissiere, Greg Aranda, Marcus Schiffer are getting a shot he will look like a clown. But he will prevent that from happening with some idiotic rules.
Holigan
6/4/2013 10:59am
His problem is that his business model does not support 250 GP Champions staying there to race the 450 GP's. The business model is so bad that the 250 Champions move to the USA for SX/MX. He needs to focus on filling the gate with 450 riders, with some of them being former 250 Champions. Does the 450 class have any past 250 Champs this year other than AC?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/4/2013 11:18am
" For sure we would like to have more American riders in the MXGP but as you know there are very few American riders who are...
I didn't read the interview, but that's some comedy right there.
ocscottie
6/4/2013 11:21am
Whistling

@kevinstrijbos Crashed again in first moto and finished 14th and second moto 7th. Racing is way more intense then europe and also 1hour less between motos.

@kevinstrijbos Overall im really happy we made this trip and sure i learnt a lot here. I had a blast out here and wanna stay here!! :
scooter5002
6/4/2013 11:26am
So I'm curious Mcread, does Greaseepe have shorn privates? You know, since you had a birds eye view of them for that interview.
englishman
6/4/2013 11:51am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 11:53am
Within a few sentences the guys true character comes out:

Vice: "A lot of people in the UK feel that because there is no open qualification or prize money riders don’t get a fair chance at the GPs. They say that each GP should be run by clubs and riders get start money and prize money like the old days (or even a sponsored privateer purse).What is your view on that idea and is that model realistic anymore in today’s world?"

Loungo: "I would suggest that these people organize their own series, try with their own ideas and see if it works, after that they can make their comments and maybe explain where they found money to pay for all this and to all the services they would need to provide (TV production, timing, infrastructure which Youthstream supplies and which are imperative for a modern sport to exist and be promoted on a high level)."

His response to this is as asinine as him offering privateers a go at qualifying at the Brit G.P . In fact the guy is so insecure this has become his standard response - "Have a go if you're hard enough" , pathetic, childish & backward thinking and not slightly interested in having an open minded discussion with his detractors to make GP motocross better ....

The guy lives in a self created, non reality based existence that bares little to no resemblance to what is actually happening. It occurs a lot with dictators who get in to positions of ultimate power - no matter how big or small that position maybe.
jamma10
6/4/2013 1:37pm
Holigan wrote:
His problem is that his business model does not support 250 GP Champions staying there to race the 450 GP's. The business model is so bad...
His problem is that his business model does not support 250 GP Champions staying there to race the 450 GP's. The business model is so bad that the 250 Champions move to the USA for SX/MX. He needs to focus on filling the gate with 450 riders, with some of them being former 250 Champions. Does the 450 class have any past 250 Champs this year other than AC?
Nope.
Holigan
6/4/2013 1:52pm
How much better would the 450 GP's be if AC was racing Musquin and Roczen each week?

Step 1 on fixing the GP's, make it financially beneficial for the 250 champions to move to the 450 GP's instead of the USA.

Step 2 on fixing the GP's, make it financially beneficial for all the fast 250 GP riders to move to the 450 GP's instead of the USA.

Fuller gates with faster riders means better racing.
JQ
6/4/2013 2:09pm
What I cant understand is: Does he really believe that there are that few competitive riders, or is he just trying to defend his business? Isn't it obvious that there are many riders, capable of top 10 finishes who chose to race only national events becase of the cost?
DrSweden
6/4/2013 2:52pm
To bad others will not give the opportunity to run the series for a while. That's bad, but would it be better? People are so filled with contempt towards GL, they can't even see the good bits. Free wildcards for the locals? U will find something bad to say about that as well? WTF? I don't really feel I have ever seen a good suggestion HERE how to make the series any better? It's so mainstream to give him a hard time, and people get so excited over it, some of you really search for anything while giving the rest of the article less interest.

Seriously, create a new series or tune down the bickering, walk the talk and good luck with the TV-coverage.
6/4/2013 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2013 3:11pm
Alex wrote:
He didnt say "very few can compete in the series" he said "compete for top positions". What he's saying is very straight forward. Its a fact...
He didnt say "very few can compete in the series" he said "compete for top positions". What he's saying is very straight forward. Its a fact that there are only a few riders in America capable of competing for wins in GPs and those riders already have big SX contracts so they're not going to come over.

When teams do take a punt on US riders with lower top ten finishes to their name like Hamblin or Mills those gambles generally dont pay off. Zach has been the only exception to this.

Kinda agree with Bauer on the questions front Mccread. No offence as I'm sure its not easy to ask GL questions, but cant help feeling you missed an opertunity to get some bigger follow up questions in there.

EDIT : just realised you may have sent those questions in email. If you did apologies.
In the United States you have 5 solid US riders who are competing for 450f wins. Alessi has the potential to join them. The 250f class is stacked. Ryan Mills, Scott Sheak and Hamblin were not threats in the US at the time of their oversees journey. Unfortuanately, Mills didn't have much of a work ethic in the States so I don't know what a series that crosses into other countries would have done to improve his results. I'm impressed with the Euro riders and always have been since the early 80s. I can't think of anything negative to say. Incredible cornering skills and the ability to adjust to a constant cultural change. I find Luongotic's opinion of US riders amusing.
6/4/2013 3:35pm
Only a sociopath blames or challenges others instead of looking within and saying "The only way to shut them up is to give them what they want and prove their ideas are wrong" but he knows he will be proven wrong and his ego isn't ready for the end result.
fader418
6/4/2013 4:09pm
They need someone that use to race GP's to run the GP's. Someone that has a clue...
jeffro503
6/4/2013 5:23pm
ocscottie wrote:
:whistle: @kevinstrijbos [i]Crashed again in first moto and finished 14th and second moto 7th. [b]Racing is way more intense then europe and also 1hour less between...
Whistling

@kevinstrijbos Crashed again in first moto and finished 14th and second moto 7th. Racing is way more intense then europe and also 1hour less between motos.

@kevinstrijbos Overall im really happy we made this trip and sure i learnt a lot here. I had a blast out here and wanna stay here!! :
And THAT.....is coming strait from a long term racer in the GP's!

It's not the riders I have anything against ( as I have a lot of favorites over there )....it's thir stupid series that's being run by fucking idiot MOB BOSS! I feel sorry for every single racer and team over there!
jeffro503
6/4/2013 5:24pm
englishman wrote:
Within a few sentences the guys true character comes out: [i] Vice: "A lot of people in the UK feel that because there is no open...
Within a few sentences the guys true character comes out:

Vice: "A lot of people in the UK feel that because there is no open qualification or prize money riders don’t get a fair chance at the GPs. They say that each GP should be run by clubs and riders get start money and prize money like the old days (or even a sponsored privateer purse).What is your view on that idea and is that model realistic anymore in today’s world?"

Loungo: "I would suggest that these people organize their own series, try with their own ideas and see if it works, after that they can make their comments and maybe explain where they found money to pay for all this and to all the services they would need to provide (TV production, timing, infrastructure which Youthstream supplies and which are imperative for a modern sport to exist and be promoted on a high level)."

His response to this is as asinine as him offering privateers a go at qualifying at the Brit G.P . In fact the guy is so insecure this has become his standard response - "Have a go if you're hard enough" , pathetic, childish & backward thinking and not slightly interested in having an open minded discussion with his detractors to make GP motocross better ....

The guy lives in a self created, non reality based existence that bares little to no resemblance to what is actually happening. It occurs a lot with dictators who get in to positions of ultimate power - no matter how big or small that position maybe.
Great friggin' post man!!
WhKnuckle
6/4/2013 6:03pm
Why do people interview Luongo? Nobody believes a word he says. It's like interviewing Joe Isuzu.

Post a reply to: Big Guissepe Luongo interview

The Latest