2019 Alpinestars Tech 10 Photo?

Spooner
7/9/2018 6:49am
Here are some better photos.

aedwards07
7/9/2018 7:54am
Anyone know when we can buy them? I didnt see that on the alpinestar website.
Spooner
7/9/2018 7:59am
aedwards07 wrote:
Anyone know when we can buy them? I didnt see that on the alpinestar website.
I’m working on that now. We have a date in our system but I know the dates are not always accurate right away. If I can get a good idea of a realistic date I’ll let you guys know.
aedwards07
7/9/2018 8:11am
Spooner wrote:
I’m working on that now. We have a date in our system but I know the dates are not always accurate right away. If I can...
I’m working on that now. We have a date in our system but I know the dates are not always accurate right away. If I can get a good idea of a realistic date I’ll let you guys know.
I do remember Parts Unlimited dates not really being all that accurate. Let me know if you have an idea.

The Shop

make1go
7/9/2018 8:16am
All the people that bust their ass bringing this new boot to market. All the work, buildup etc just to have it leaked on vital? That...
All the people that bust their ass bringing this new boot to market. All the work, buildup etc just to have it leaked on vital? That being said there is something to say for free advertisement but I dont think this is quite how they wanted it to go down.

Any word on price? Switched from SG12 to Tech 7 this year and regret it. Hopefully the new Tech 10 is a more solid feeling boot.
well thats on the head of the online marketing deparment.....to fckin slow or lazy..
BUT
shit like this is common place these days and its often hard to work out if its "viral marketing" or an actual leak. either way it matters little.

so the "outrage" at the op is something to deride and mock....imo
Jt$
7/9/2018 8:25am
make1go wrote:
run for cover a mx boot release was leaked, its the end of mx as we know it....
seriously who gives a rats ass?

Dealers who are trying to sell their current inventory and retain margin without the product appearing obsolete, distributors trying to service their dealers and maintain a strong sell through rate, and brands who are hoping to convey one consistent, quality message to their valuable customers.
mxb2
7/9/2018 8:29am
make1go wrote:
run for cover a mx boot release was leaked, its the end of mx as we know it....
seriously who gives a rats ass?

Jt$ wrote:
Dealers who are trying to sell their current inventory and retain margin without the product appearing obsolete, distributors trying to service their dealers and maintain a...
Dealers who are trying to sell their current inventory and retain margin without the product appearing obsolete, distributors trying to service their dealers and maintain a strong sell through rate, and brands who are hoping to convey one consistent, quality message to their valuable customers.
Thats the good and bad of the internet. So much info out there to be shown. Nobody is at fault for posting a picture that was out there for the public.
Idp57
Fantasy
2626th
7/9/2018 8:39am
I've read the hole info about the new boots and it's seem that they were focusing allot on weight and safety.I only hope that the new boot will not scrub-crack ,like the old one(I didn't have that problem on my KTM only on my Honda), where is touching the frame and I am talking about whit in a 20 minutes of riding.
WarrenMX
7/9/2018 10:41am
Thanks to the OP as I was about to buy a new pair of Tech 10's. I think I would've been a little pissed if I had found out a week later there was an all new model.

I don't need to have the 'latest' gear but the changes on this boot really seem substantial and the impact absorption sole sounds like a good idea.

Spooner
7/9/2018 12:18pm
I should note the ‘old’ Tech 10 has now been dropped to $499.
HusqFan3
7/11/2018 11:43am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 11:45am
Spooner wrote:
People with access are basically being dicks and posting the stuff. None of the images posted are the official photos though.
aroark247 wrote:
No, just no. Blame the Asians they posted it all online after the launch in Indonesia
Spooner wrote:
I wasn’t blaming you, I was pretty sure a guy in Texas wasn’t somewhere in Asia taking those pictures. But then once you posted them people...
I wasn’t blaming you, I was pretty sure a guy in Texas wasn’t somewhere in Asia taking those pictures. But then once you posted them people who do work in the industry started posting what they had and that’s not cool. But I guess the cats out of the bag now so who cares.
Who cares is right... 1) Blame the source of the leak not the end points. 2) You really think that picture being shared is going to impact the release, marketing campaign, sales, etc in even an infinitesimal way? The answer is an astounding NO. I work in high tech where leaks are inevitable and half the time are intentional to create buzz and as you mentioned, free marketing. That said, this is an MX boot release so get some perspective. You act as if he just leaked the new iPhone 11... Hate to be the one to burst your delusional bubble but I’m going to venture to guess this “massive leak” probably won’t be trending on Twitter nor is it likely to break the internet. Heck it’s barely created any buzz on this very MX forum let alone impact society as a whole.
7/11/2018 11:53am
Jt$ wrote:
Dealers who are trying to sell their current inventory and retain margin without the product appearing obsolete, distributors trying to service their dealers and maintain a...
I'd be pretty mad if my dealer sold me Tech 10's right now knowing there will be an update coming in the near future (which has been rumored and known for awhile). I understand they are in the business to make money but that would really piss me off.
aedwards07
7/11/2018 12:12pm
Well for anyone looking for some. WPS lists a release of 7/10. Obviously this isn't accurate. Parts Unlimited lists 8/31. Probably more likely.
Motofinne
7/11/2018 12:18pm
Jt$ wrote:
I'd be pretty mad if my dealer sold me Tech 10's right now knowing there will be an update coming in the near future (which has...
I'd be pretty mad if my dealer sold me Tech 10's right now knowing there will be an update coming in the near future (which has been rumored and known for awhile). I understand they are in the business to make money but that would really piss me off.
Yeah, i agree. I would at least expect the dealer to give a clear hint that an all new model is coming and give a discount on the "old" model.

I have two pairs of almost brand new "old" Tech 10 boots. I'll rock them until they are done within 1-2 years and upgrade to the new ones.
7/11/2018 1:03pm
Will the soles last? I think the last time I wore A-Stars was around 2006, Tech 8's. Went through 2-3 sole replacements. I got some SG-10's and wore those for years, the rest of the boot wore out before the original sole did.
fourfourone
7/12/2018 8:57am
3 weeks ago I just paid 599 for a new pair of 10 LE edition. I emailed the ebay seller and he knocked 50 bucks off so I wouldn't return them.
nch209
7/13/2018 1:33pm
3 weeks ago I just paid 599 for a new pair of 10 LE edition. I emailed the ebay seller and he knocked 50 bucks off...
3 weeks ago I just paid 599 for a new pair of 10 LE edition. I emailed the ebay seller and he knocked 50 bucks off so I wouldn't return them.
HuhHuh Thus why it sucks selling on ebay. HuhHuh

Anyway the new tech 10's look dope. I will be trying some out as soon as they become available,
fourfourone
7/13/2018 1:39pm
I usually buy most my stuff from rocky mtn. But they were sold out of size 10 so I hit up ebay. Rocky mtn will usually give you a store credit if pricing drops. Its happened a few times.
JBecker 72
7/13/2018 2:25pm
Good looking sneakers. I’m due for a new set this winter. Might give these a shot. Currently have 2 pairs of Tech 7 and I like them a lot.

The new helmet looks great too.
45ACP
7/16/2018 9:23am
Anyone know if they are changing up the Tech 7 for 2019 or leaving the same? I need some new boots but dont want to buy some if they are releasing a new model soon.
Jt$
7/16/2018 9:28am
Jt$ wrote:
I'd be pretty mad if my dealer sold me Tech 10's right now knowing there will be an update coming in the near future (which has...
So, what would you realistically like your dealer to do with his product for sale? Other than mark them down to $499.95 which is now MAP price.
Spooner
7/16/2018 9:30am
Same boot, 4 new moto colors, one new enduro color.

nch209
7/16/2018 12:18pm
I was banking on early August to purchase some, but Motorsport is saying a much longer wait. I sold my remaining new tech 10's and am left with a whipped and clapped out pair. Anyone know for sure what date these will drop? Thanks!
Spooner
7/16/2018 12:31pm
nch209 wrote:
I was banking on early August to purchase some, but Motorsport is saying a much longer wait. I sold my remaining new tech 10's and am...
I was banking on early August to purchase some, but Motorsport is saying a much longer wait. I sold my remaining new tech 10's and am left with a whipped and clapped out pair. Anyone know for sure what date these will drop? Thanks!
I’ll have an astars Rep riding with me this week. I’ll see if he can nail down a good expected date. Right now we are showing August 31st.
nch209
7/16/2018 6:50pm
^ Cool! Thanks for all the info! High hopes for the freshies!
aedwards07
7/18/2018 5:29am
nch209 wrote:
I was banking on early August to purchase some, but Motorsport is saying a much longer wait. I sold my remaining new tech 10's and am...
Well wps is now showing 8/30 and parts is showing 8/31. So I’d assume end of August.
jaredkeller96
7/18/2018 9:31am
nch209 wrote:
aedwards07 wrote:
Well wps is now showing 8/30 and parts is showing 8/31. So I’d assume end of August.
in my rider support program from Thor they show they have a pair available
Spooner
7/18/2018 10:53am
Pretty sure you’re just seeing the LE boots and mistaking them for the new model. We definitely don’t have them yet.
jaredkeller96
7/18/2018 11:02am
Spooner wrote:
Pretty sure you’re just seeing the LE boots and mistaking them for the new model. We definitely don’t have them yet.
Nope, both in there

Post a reply to: 2019 Alpinestars Tech 10 Photo?

The Latest