2019 Alpinestars Tech 10 Photo?

Jt$
7/18/2018 11:33am
in my rider support program from Thor they show they have a pair available
Spooner wrote:
Pretty sure you’re just seeing the LE boots and mistaking them for the new model. We definitely don’t have them yet.
Nope, both in there
No one has inventory yet. No one even has salesman samples yet.
nch209
7/25/2018 11:58am
Any definitive shipping date on these? Eagerly awaiting! :-)
Spooner
7/25/2018 1:05pm
nch209 wrote:
Any definitive shipping date on these? Eagerly awaiting! :-)
Trust me I’m very anxious to get my hands on some. Looks like end of August they should be shipping.
WarrenMX
9/4/2018 11:28am
Any updates on US inventory yet?

The Shop

Spooner
9/4/2018 11:37am
WarrenMX wrote:
Any updates on US inventory yet?
I believe black will be in stock soon and maybe white too. The other colors are maybe a month out?
Spooner
9/4/2018 11:44am
I did get to try them on and they are more comfortable out of the box. I noticed that the toe box was a little wider feeling which is good because I have pretty wide feet. Externally they look quite a bit smaller though and narrower overall. You can definitely feel the weight loss over the old boot too. Sizing wise seems pretty spot on to maybe a hair bigger over the old boot. I’m a 10 and my feet felt pretty roomy in the 10 I tried on. I should have tried on a 9 but didn’t think to at the time. I’ll update when I get in front of another set to try on.
WarrenMX
9/5/2018 2:58pm
Thanks for the update Spooner.
nch209
9/6/2018 6:01pm
Appears Dennis Kirk has a pair of black size 9's in, and many foreign sellers are showing black and white in multiple sizes as available. I'm expecting (hoping/assuming) USA market gets them soon as I'm in dire need of new kicks!
Spooner
10/5/2018 5:35am
We have Black in sizes 8-12 in stock now.
Millerrr973
10/9/2018 1:14pm
Just picked a set up today from Morgantown Powersports ??
nch209
10/20/2018 12:50pm
Look Awesome! Waiting on white myself, and bummed to see SE made it out before white... kinda odd. Anyway, how do you like them?
Millerrr973
10/20/2018 2:41pm
nch209 wrote:
Look Awesome! Waiting on white myself, and bummed to see SE made it out before white... kinda odd. Anyway, how do you like them?
Haven’t had the chance to ride with them yet, but just walking around the house in them, they feel great.
nch209
11/17/2018 12:08am
Tired of waiting for them to land in the USA, I found a German site who had white in stock and shipped to my door in under a week... oh, and for just a few bucks over $500. USA dealers with no stock and $600 plus tax, no bueno for me. Really wanted to buy from a vital dealer, but needed them too bad.

Anyway, first impressions are they are TIGHT! I used 8's for many years, then wore 10's last year and really liked them. They were comfortable, and I could put bootie on first and just slip my foot into it with ease. NO MORE, Now the bootie's heel has almost a pocket it slides into which makes it impossible to simply side in. Only way I could get my foot in was with bootie already in place, and then all was OK. There was a recent thread about this problem- not sure what gen of boot- but now it makes sense to me. I don't think this is a bad thing as it makes your foot very secure in there... however in the event of an accident, will make taking off the boot quite the chore!

The bootie is light years ahead of the old. Good job there. Weight difference? Well, I didnt feel any walking around the house. Seem slimmed up, and look alot better. We will see how they hold up, though I am pretty easy on boots. No real work use, as we got hit with 8 inches of the white stuff. Will post more when I use em!
WarrenMX
11/26/2018 12:27pm
nch209 wrote:
Tired of waiting for them to land in the USA, I found a German site who had white in stock and shipped to my door in...
Tired of waiting for them to land in the USA, I found a German site who had white in stock and shipped to my door in under a week... oh, and for just a few bucks over $500. USA dealers with no stock and $600 plus tax, no bueno for me. Really wanted to buy from a vital dealer, but needed them too bad.

Anyway, first impressions are they are TIGHT! I used 8's for many years, then wore 10's last year and really liked them. They were comfortable, and I could put bootie on first and just slip my foot into it with ease. NO MORE, Now the bootie's heel has almost a pocket it slides into which makes it impossible to simply side in. Only way I could get my foot in was with bootie already in place, and then all was OK. There was a recent thread about this problem- not sure what gen of boot- but now it makes sense to me. I don't think this is a bad thing as it makes your foot very secure in there... however in the event of an accident, will make taking off the boot quite the chore!

The bootie is light years ahead of the old. Good job there. Weight difference? Well, I didnt feel any walking around the house. Seem slimmed up, and look alot better. We will see how they hold up, though I am pretty easy on boots. No real work use, as we got hit with 8 inches of the white stuff. Will post more when I use em!
Thanks for the update. Did you order the same size as your previous tech 10's?

Roostermx58
11/27/2018 9:11am
I have some size 10's in black located on the website below.
Spooner
11/27/2018 11:01am
WarrenMX wrote:

Sizing seems to be consistent from the old generation to the new ones.
nch209
11/27/2018 10:15pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2018 10:15pm
nch209 wrote:
Tired of waiting for them to land in the USA, I found a German site who had white in stock and shipped to my door in...

WarrenMX wrote:

Sizing is spot on. Street (DC) shoes I wear 12 typically, but Astars to me run a bit large, and I swim in 12's, so I wear 11 in tech 8, old 10, and the new 10 wears the same.

So far I am liking these. Slightly less bulk, which is a good thing. No crash tests yet though :-)

Oh yea, I bought at fc-moto.de for just over 500 to my door in the usa. shipped a half a world away for 100 less than usa sellers who dont have stock. what a plan!
11/28/2018 1:25am
Will the soles last? I think the last time I wore A-Stars was around 2006, Tech 8's. Went through 2-3 sole replacements. I got some SG-10's...
Will the soles last? I think the last time I wore A-Stars was around 2006, Tech 8's. Went through 2-3 sole replacements. I got some SG-10's and wore those for years, the rest of the boot wore out before the original sole did.
Been wondering the very same.

Have been down the Tech 10 route before and the soles let me down every time, made the switch to Gearne SG12's and bingo, had the last pair since 2013 and still going strong with minimum wear to the sole.

Must admit tho since I did the switch I have been mis-shifting, on and off...the SG does not like to bend at all, and bloody heavy too!, but it's solid and just does not wear up.

I was talking to a friend at my track and said about it, he pulls out a pair of nearly new SG12's from the back of his van and said this is why they are in their box and not on my feet!. Go on.... Same thing he said too, mis-shifting gears and heavy, but do wear well. Looked on his feet and Astars 2017 models. He said it was so different to ride in the Astars as you can feel a lot more, it bends so no lifting the leg up to change gear hence low mis-shifting, well... For him anyway, I did indeed try them on and had a spin with them on, wow.... five years I have been using the Gearnes and thought all was well but damn... these were like slippers!, light too. Did not mis-shift at all and really enjoyed them, just made it all even more of a pleasure to ride moto.

So, am now about to buy a pair of the 2019's and hope for the best.

If anyone has made the switch from SG12's to the new 2019 Tech 10's pls advise on the sizing, was it like for like as reading that they are tight.

Thank you, carry on as you were. Silly

Lynch
11/28/2018 1:42am
They are tighter than the older model imo, but I am the same size in the new 2019. Size 10 in both.

Might be buying SG12's instead tho.
aedwards07
11/28/2018 5:56am
Still waiting on the white ones to come in. Hopefully this year still.
11/28/2018 10:30am
Lynch wrote:
They are tighter than the older model imo, but I am the same size in the new 2019. Size 10 in both. Might be buying SG12's...
They are tighter than the older model imo, but I am the same size in the new 2019. Size 10 in both.

Might be buying SG12's instead tho.
Go on.....what's your thoughts for the SG12's?.
nch209
11/28/2018 3:18pm
aedwards07 wrote:
Order from abroad and have now and save a hundred bucks. No brainer... :-)
Racer111
11/28/2018 4:57pm
aedwards07 wrote:
Dec 12th is what we are showing them available from Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited.
Taylor415
11/28/2018 5:42pm
Anyone have a picture of the inside of the boot? Not the inside with the bootie, but outer inside.
WarrenMX
11/29/2018 10:24am
After listening to Keefer's review, I ended up ordering a pair of the old Tech 10's at a discount.
aroark247
11/29/2018 10:28am
aedwards07 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Dec 12th is what we are showing them available from Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited.
Alpinestars does not sell through Tucker. I'm sure you probably meant WPS
nch209
11/30/2018 11:53am
WarrenMX wrote:
After listening to Keefer's review, I ended up ordering a pair of the old Tech 10's at a discount.
Gotta them for yourself and see if you like them. They feel more tech 8ish in my opinion, so I can see how some people used to 10's may not like. I used 10s last year and while comfy, I didnt like the bulk. Everyone will like what they like, right. :-)

The fit is much snugger inside, and the bottie is much better. Overall I like them, but not much time on them yet...
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
12/1/2018 8:51pm
to me If you wore tech 10s in the past its a win,

the buckle now has a spot to open when its packed with dirt
the buckle now rotates which I feel is a win

they are tight

I feel flexibility if you were on the back fender is better but up into a corner is worse.

its winter so this is just my feeling around the house
WarrenMX
12/5/2018 9:21am
WarrenMX wrote:
nch209 wrote:
Gotta them for yourself and see if you like them. They feel more tech 8ish in my opinion, so I can see how some people used...
Gotta them for yourself and see if you like them. They feel more tech 8ish in my opinion, so I can see how some people used to 10's may not like. I used 10s last year and while comfy, I didnt like the bulk. Everyone will like what they like, right. :-)

The fit is much snugger inside, and the bottie is much better. Overall I like them, but not much time on them yet...
If the price was the same I'd try the new ones, but I found a pair of 2018's for $360. I'll have many years to try the new Tech 10s long after the current model is gone and no longer available at a discount. It's not often you get the chance to buy white tech 10s at a significant discount.
nch209
12/5/2018 11:17am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2018 11:17am
WarrenMX wrote:
nch209 wrote:
Gotta them for yourself and see if you like them. They feel more tech 8ish in my opinion, so I can see how some people used...

WarrenMX wrote:
If the price was the same I'd try the new ones, but I found a pair of 2018's for $360. I'll have many years to try...
If the price was the same I'd try the new ones, but I found a pair of 2018's for $360. I'll have many years to try the new Tech 10s long after the current model is gone and no longer available at a discount. It's not often you get the chance to buy white tech 10s at a significant discount.
Yep, can't beat that deal! :-)

I know its all been praise for the new 10's--- even though so few people have them as A-stars keeps kicking back release dates for many colorways--- but I think long time tech 10 fans will have some growing pains with these. More I wear them, more they remind me of older tech 8's... which is a good thing because I prefer a stiff boot that wears snug. That is this.

I like them and time will tell how they hold up....

Post a reply to: 2019 Alpinestars Tech 10 Photo?

The Latest