2018 YZ125

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2017 5:56 AM

First ride on the 2018 YZ at Cahuilla Creek MX


|



Instagram: @TrevorHunter224
Facebook: Trevor Hunter 224
YouTube: Trevor Hunter 224


12/24/2017 6:03 AM

Sounds great! Nice riding bruh!

|

United States of America

12/24/2017 6:05 AM

Proof right there a 125 is faster than a 450 cool

|

12/24/2017 6:10 AM

Loving my 18 YZ 125 at the moment but I'm seriously thinking about going KTM next year.

|

12/24/2017 6:30 AM

probably the best bike ever, and as i write this im asking myself why dont i have one?

|

12/24/2017 6:57 AM

That looks like a fun track to ride, jealous!

|

12/24/2017 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2017 7:07 AM

Nice riding! Cahuilla is my favorite track down here in southern California.

125's can get around any track here just fine with a proper pilot. smile

|

12/24/2017 7:39 AM

NIce riding.

Where are the ruts? That place looks like a freeway.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

12/24/2017 8:04 AM

BobPA wrote:

NIce riding.

Where are the ruts? That place looks like a freeway.

East coast > West coast

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/24/2017 8:11 AM

Very nice sir! I have a question though, how is it possible that a 125 2t just flat out scooted pass several 250f & 450f's? I heard that couldn't be done, not to mention the fact that it also cleared (with ease) every jump on the track! This video send to provide proof that there are false accusations about 2t thrown around like frisbees.. Thanks for sharing!

|

12/24/2017 8:35 AM

HD1200 wrote:

Very nice sir! I have a question though, how is it possible that a 125 2t just flat out scooted pass several 250f & 450f's? I heard that couldn't be done, not to mention the fact that it also cleared (with ease) every jump on the track! This video send to provide proof that there are false accusations about 2t thrown around like frisbees.. Thanks for sharing!

Put equal talent on all the bikes you mentioned. Yz125 would behind the 250f,450.

|

12/24/2017 8:37 AM

BobPA wrote:

NIce riding.

Where are the ruts? That place looks like a freeway.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

East coast > West coast

I’ll take my rutty east coast tracks any day. Photo

Photo

Ive rode a lot of different bikes but I still have to say a 125 still puts the biggest smile on my face!

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

12/24/2017 8:46 AM

HD1200 wrote:

Very nice sir! I have a question though, how is it possible that a 125 2t just flat out scooted pass several 250f & 450f's? I heard that couldn't be done, not to mention the fact that it also cleared (with ease) every jump on the track! This video send to provide proof that there are false accusations about 2t thrown around like frisbees.. Thanks for sharing!

mxb2 wrote:

Put equal talent on all the bikes you mentioned. Yz125 would behind the 250f,450.

Ok but 4t bikes and faster and easy to go fast plus the 250f alone is double the displacement not to mention the 450f, a talented rider on a 2t is at a major disadvantage, so the question still remains.

|

12/24/2017 8:54 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Loving my 18 YZ 125 at the moment but I'm seriously thinking about going KTM next year.

You may want to consider modding the YZ. Porting and a pipe/silencer really wakes the YZ up. We had both and my son prefers the YZ suspension and handling.

|

12/24/2017 9:11 AM

How much could I expect to pay for a new 18 125?

|

12/24/2017 9:29 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Loving my 18 YZ 125 at the moment but I'm seriously thinking about going KTM next year.

brocsdad wrote:

You may want to consider modding the YZ. Porting and a pipe/silencer really wakes the YZ up. We had both and my son prefers the YZ suspension and handling.

It's not necessarily the power to why I wanna change. I got my YZ with super low hours on it, it was like new. It's got a Bud Racing pipe & silencer on it plus a V Force 3 reed block. It feels a lot quicker than my 08 I had.

I'm in a position now where I can buy a new bike every year & I'm not sure about buying into an "old" bike as such. I love the SSS suspension & everything about the bike to be honest but I'm tempted to try a KTM. It's bit like you love your GF/wife to bits but that new looking chick that's just moved in down the rode sure looks good to ride too lol.

|

12/24/2017 9:35 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

It's not necessarily the power to why I wanna change. I got my YZ with super low hours on it, it was like new. It's got a Bud Racing pipe & silencer on it plus a V Force 3 reed block. It feels a lot quicker than my 08 I had.

I'm in a position now where I can buy a new bike every year & I'm not sure about buying into an "old" bike as such. I love the SSS suspension & everything about the bike to be honest but I'm tempted to try a KTM. It's bit like you love your GF/wife to bits but that new looking chick that's just moved in down the rode sure looks good to ride too lol.

No reason to pay top dollar for an old design. The new KTM’s are not leaps and bounds better. But, they are much more “refined”. Plus they will tow the Yamaha around the track in stock form.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

12/24/2017 9:37 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Loving my 18 YZ 125 at the moment but I'm seriously thinking about going KTM next year.

brocsdad wrote:

You may want to consider modding the YZ. Porting and a pipe/silencer really wakes the YZ up. We had both and my son prefers the YZ suspension and handling.

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

It's not necessarily the power to why I wanna change. I got my YZ with super low hours on it, it was like new. It's got a Bud Racing pipe & silencer on it plus a V Force 3 reed block. It feels a lot quicker than my 08 I had.

I'm in a position now where I can buy a new bike every year & I'm not sure about buying into an "old" bike as such. I love the SSS suspension & everything about the bike to be honest but I'm tempted to try a KTM. It's bit like you love your GF/wife to bits but that new looking chick that's just moved in down the rode sure looks good to ride too lol.

Have you had the opportunity to ride the current gen SX 125? I rode the 2018 and i was blown away.

I'm pretty heavy(90kg) and i thought it would struggle to pull me around the sand track we were at but i was wrong. The engine is so powerful(for a 125) and the handling is fantastic(i ride a 2017 sxf 450 so i was used to the ergonomics). A family member has a YZ 125 that i have rode multiple times, good bike but nowhere near the SX. The front fork is maybe slightly better but that is pretty much the only thing that the YZ does better(not by much).

|

12/24/2017 9:39 AM

BobPA wrote:

NIce riding.

Where are the ruts? That place looks like a freeway.

Don’t let the video fool you, Cahuilla is one of the roughest tracks out here, Probably why The KTM test crew goes there during the week.

|

12/24/2017 9:44 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Have you had the opportunity to ride the current gen SX 125? I rode the 2018 and i was blown away.

I'm pretty heavy(90kg) and i thought it would struggle to pull me around the sand track we were at but i was wrong. The engine is so powerful(for a 125) and the handling is fantastic(i ride a 2017 sxf 450 so i was used to the ergonomics). A family member has a YZ 125 that i have rode multiple times, good bike but nowhere near the SX. The front fork is maybe slightly better but that is pretty much the only thing that the YZ does better(not by much).

This the thing, no I haven't. I rang a local KTM to me about a demo day for next year & the guy said the KTM themselves sort them out so I'll need to get in touch with them next year. The only problem with that is, I might have to drive 200 miles to a track that they've chosen. I could try a Husqvarna demo day to get a general feel of the bike. It's either that or I go in blind and buy one.

|

12/24/2017 9:53 AM

Nice ride sir, great to watch, thx.

Everyone knows this video I think but still one of the best 125 vids of all time imo. 2:02 w00t



|

12/24/2017 10:06 AM

WCRider wrote:

Nice ride sir, great to watch, thx.

Everyone knows this video I think but still one of the best 125 vids of all time imo. 2:02 w00t



Oh ffs, i miss Lierop so much....

|

12/24/2017 10:10 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Oh ffs, i miss Lierop so much....

Yep sad

|

12/24/2017 10:12 AM

WCRider wrote:

Nice ride sir, great to watch, thx.

Everyone knows this video I think but still one of the best 125 vids of all time imo. 2:02 w00t



Two things:

1. Talk about being in CV shape. No rest on that track.
B. Who needs a stinking clutch, and..
4. That poor bike!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





12/24/2017 10:36 AM

HD1200 wrote:

Very nice sir! I have a question though, how is it possible that a 125 2t just flat out scooted pass several 250f & 450f's? I heard that couldn't be done, not to mention the fact that it also cleared (with ease) every jump on the track! This video send to provide proof that there are false accusations about 2t thrown around like frisbees.. Thanks for sharing!

mxb2 wrote:

Put equal talent on all the bikes you mentioned. Yz125 would behind the 250f,450.

HD1200 wrote:

Ok but 4t bikes and faster and easy to go fast plus the 250f alone is double the displacement not to mention the 450f, a talented rider on a 2t is at a major disadvantage, so the question still remains.

Yep, and like I said talent will outshine any bike. He passed bigger bikes because he is faster. Nothing to do with the bikes.

|

12/24/2017 10:38 AM

|

12/24/2017 11:01 AM

brocsdad wrote:

You may want to consider modding the YZ. Porting and a pipe/silencer really wakes the YZ up. We had both and my son prefers the YZ suspension and handling.

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

It's not necessarily the power to why I wanna change. I got my YZ with super low hours on it, it was like new. It's got a Bud Racing pipe & silencer on it plus a V Force 3 reed block. It feels a lot quicker than my 08 I had.

I'm in a position now where I can buy a new bike every year & I'm not sure about buying into an "old" bike as such. I love the SSS suspension & everything about the bike to be honest but I'm tempted to try a KTM. It's bit like you love your GF/wife to bits but that new looking chick that's just moved in down the rode sure looks good to ride too lol.

BobPA wrote:

No reason to pay top dollar for an old design. The new KTM’s are not leaps and bounds better. But, they are much more “refined”. Plus they will tow the Yamaha around the track in stock form.

I agree they are more refined and in stock form they have about 3hp on the YZ. Though the air forks are no where close to the YZ. You must also keep an eye on the powervalve. They can start sticking at any point due to the design. But I understand wanting something new/different.

|

12/24/2017 11:52 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

It's not necessarily the power to why I wanna change. I got my YZ with super low hours on it, it was like new. It's got a Bud Racing pipe & silencer on it plus a V Force 3 reed block. It feels a lot quicker than my 08 I had.

I'm in a position now where I can buy a new bike every year & I'm not sure about buying into an "old" bike as such. I love the SSS suspension & everything about the bike to be honest but I'm tempted to try a KTM. It's bit like you love your GF/wife to bits but that new looking chick that's just moved in down the rode sure looks good to ride too lol.

BobPA wrote:

No reason to pay top dollar for an old design. The new KTM’s are not leaps and bounds better. But, they are much more “refined”. Plus they will tow the Yamaha around the track in stock form.

brocsdad wrote:

I agree they are more refined and in stock form they have about 3hp on the YZ. Though the air forks are no where close to the YZ. You must also keep an eye on the powervalve. They can start sticking at any point due to the design. But I understand wanting something new/different.

Owning a '17 Husky and '18 Yamaha I'm genuinely lost on how people hate on the AER stuff so much and say the SSS blows it away. Yes I give the edge to the SSS for sure, but the AER stuff is damn good as well. I just don't get it.

|

12/24/2017 12:00 PM

BobPA wrote:

No reason to pay top dollar for an old design. The new KTM’s are not leaps and bounds better. But, they are much more “refined”. Plus they will tow the Yamaha around the track in stock form.

brocsdad wrote:

I agree they are more refined and in stock form they have about 3hp on the YZ. Though the air forks are no where close to the YZ. You must also keep an eye on the powervalve. They can start sticking at any point due to the design. But I understand wanting something new/different.

305FC250 wrote:

Owning a '17 Husky and '18 Yamaha I'm genuinely lost on how people hate on the AER stuff so much and say the SSS blows it away. Yes I give the edge to the SSS for sure, but the AER stuff is damn good as well. I just don't get it.

That is exactly what i mentioned in my post. Yes the SSS is better, but only slightly. The AER 48 fork is really good.

|

12/24/2017 12:06 PM

Oh man....I'm addicted to my 125. When I first got it I thought maybe I might give it a try for 6 months to a year. Then....I started to figure out how to ride it correctly and I seem to still learn things on it every time I go out. Guys on the bigger 4 strokes seem to do a lot of " point and shoot "......where us guys on the 125's need outside lines to carry momentum. In certain sections of the track , it isn't uncommon to blow right by those bigger 4 strokes before they even know what's happening. It truly is a " different " type of riding you have to do out there. That....is what makes them so much fun. You can out brake anything on the track and dive them into places where it catches people off guard . my 125 isn't going any where.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja