Scammer alert

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2018 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2018 6:58 PM

Just giving fellow members a heads up. User “racingracer” is a scammer. Email is racingracer100@gmail. I’m sure this person will change email and user name to scam more people. Sent the money March 23rd and after several email exchanges prior... I got radio silence. NO pity party here though, luckily was only $45 (that’s I’d like to have back) for a holeshot device. Finally got bit using friends and family option on paypal. Shop smart moto friends!

|

4/3/2018 4:52 PM

Damn that sucks I think this just happened to me on vintagebikeads for $160...

|

4/3/2018 5:10 PM

Was he a new member, or have a low post count?
Avoid buying from that type unless they come recommended by someone you trust.
The bazaar will attract scammers because it has a culture of friends and family only.
Be careful with your hard earnt money.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

4/3/2018 6:07 PM

yamahaha131 wrote:

Just giving fellow members a heads up. User “racingracer” is a scammer. Email is racingracer100@gmail. I’m sure this person ...more

What bike were you looking for as far as the hole shot device ? I have several Works Connection rings and at least one button.

I have sold a lot of parts on here, along with other Moto-related sites and always offer the buyer to cover the fees, if they aren’t comfortable with paying friends & family. Sorry you got bit, I hate to hear these stories..

|

4/3/2018 6:59 PM

yamahaha131 wrote:

Just giving fellow members a heads up. User “racingracer” is a scammer. Email is racingracer100@gmail. I’m sure this person ...more

langhammx wrote:

What bike were you looking for as far as the hole shot device ? I have several Works Connection rings and at least one button. ...more

13 crf450. Probably on the chopping block soon so I’ll wait to pick one up.

|

4/3/2018 7:10 PM

yamahaha131 wrote:

I was one of the folks that sent money for the 6D helmet but also did not trust the "Only pay me via PayPal Friends & Family" line and luckily was just refunded my money yesterday by PayPal as I used the "Pay for services or goods" option.

Please let this be a lesson and pay the extra 4% or whatever the PP fee is. This was the first time that I have ever had to file a PP dispute but it paid off as I got my money back from this scumbag...

... and with the refunded money I proceeded to buy a new Pro Circuit 304 silencer for yet another bike that I picked up last weekend for a build.

|

4/3/2018 7:38 PM

Some sellers are known and trusted on here, so F&F are ok with them. But this advice is good for all new sellers on here and VBAs.

|

4/3/2018 8:34 PM

Bman_145 wrote:

Some sellers are known and trusted on here, so F&F are ok with them. But this advice is good for all new sellers on here ...more

Yup, I buy and sell a fair amount on here and up until then all has been great with everyone else but I myself would rather spend a few dollars rather than burn 100's.

There are plenty of "Friends and Family" that many may trust less than a total stranger on this new fangled Inter-Mc-Web-a-bobber

|

4/3/2018 8:48 PM

He sold me a cylinder for 160, had to file a dispute to get my money back. He was on a Facebook page for Yamaha parts when I came across him

|

4/4/2018 12:49 PM

Sounds exactly like TexasRacer111.
Killer price on a sought after item.
He got me for $160 on an FMF slip on.

Words can’t describe my feelings toward these dirtbags.

KC

|

4/4/2018 1:09 PM

Sounds like scammers selling dirtbike parts is becoming a career choice for many. I hate a thief and sorry to hear the stories above being ripped off.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/4/2018 1:47 PM

I always give my buyers an option. They can pay via friends/family or pay the extra fees associated.

But then again, Ive sold a lot on here so buyers know there is no funny business here.

|

4/4/2018 2:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 2:07 PM

Man this guy is a real P.O.S. He ALMOST got me too!! I had posted I was in search of parts for my 09 YZ125 a few weeks back and he told me to email him and I did. then he sent me PICS of a set of used Xtrig triple clamps for 200.00. Knowing how good a deal that would be even for used ones, I decided to look on Ebay and see what the cost of a new set of those triple clamps were, and guess what, the EXACT set of triple clamps is for sale RIGHT NOW on Ebay for 600.00. the pictures this guy sent me were definitely the same clamps in this Ebay auction. No mistaking the wear marks around the top clamp nut and the background in the picture. Anyway, the TRUE seller of the clamps on Ebay has a 100% feedback rating so I assume the loser on here just grabbed pictures off line. Question though, this is what is email address said when I looked at it just now, is it possible this idiot would use his real name? Anyway here it is.

James Malcom racingracer100@gmail.com Boy if it his real name, I hope someone on here knows who it is and puts a big A$$ whopping on this joker.

|

4/4/2018 2:13 PM

Roostermx58 wrote:

I always give my buyers an option. They can pay via friends/family or pay the extra fees associated.

But then again, Ive ...more

I’m pretty sure I got ripped off €130 but the weird thing is the guy gave me an option.... I really hope he’s just late on his emails and not scamming me..

|

4/4/2018 3:47 PM

slowoldman wrote:

Man this guy is a real P.O.S. He ALMOST got me too!! I had posted I was in search of parts for my 09 YZ125 a few weeks back ...more

James Malcom? Very doubtful it's his real name... Must be a Stewart fan?

Sucks you guys got ripped off... Especially on here

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/16/2018 8:25 PM

Dont think james malcom is his real name.. but heres his fake facebook
buPhoto

|

dirtbike kidd

4/16/2018 11:44 PM

Sucks to hear that. I buy and sell tons on the forums. Never even thought about using the the pay for services option to cover your ass. Naive of me. Sorry to hear this happened man. He’ll get his ass beat by life sooner or later

|

4/17/2018 2:34 PM

Lesson learned, you won’t make that mistake again.

I won’t use F&F PayPal unless I know the person. And when I sell, I price my stuff accordingly so when a buyer pays me normally, I’m not asking extra for fees. Novel idea, huh?

|