Review - Beta 300 RX Two-Stroke

ML512
Posts
17078
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
Fantasy
11
|
ccullins76
Posts
163
Joined
3/9/2017
Location
Riverside, CA, USA
6/21/2025 8:54am
I’m a Beta guy, but I couldn’t listen to that full video, turned it off half way through. Also, turned in the air screw because it was too rich? Umm…
5
7
burn1986
Posts
12246
Joined
4/16/2010
Location
bossier city, LA, USA
6/22/2025 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2025 4:22pm

“…felt a bit flat on top and lacked the extended pull…”

Unfortunate big bore characteristic

2
Madc32
Posts
250
Joined
7/10/2014
Location
Portland, OR, USA
Fantasy
6/22/2025 3:04pm
ccullins76 wrote:
I’m a Beta guy, but I couldn’t listen to that full video, turned it off half way through. Also, turned in the air screw because it...
I’m a Beta guy, but I couldn’t listen to that full video, turned it off half way through. Also, turned in the air screw because it was too rich? Umm…

While it depends on the carb. ML made the correct adjustment. I had to look it up.

6/22/2025 8:39pm
ccullins76 wrote:
I’m a Beta guy, but I couldn’t listen to that full video, turned it off half way through. Also, turned in the air screw because it...
I’m a Beta guy, but I couldn’t listen to that full video, turned it off half way through. Also, turned in the air screw because it was too rich? Umm…
Madc32 wrote:

While it depends on the carb. ML made the correct adjustment. I had to look it up.

WUT? Turning the AIR screw in(closing) reduces air making the A/F richer. Less air = more fuel = richer air fuel ratio aka richer 

1

The Shop

burn1986
Posts
12246
Joined
4/16/2010
Location
bossier city, LA, USA
6/23/2025 9:24am

As I mentioned in the comments on the homepage, how do you get the engine to move the bigger piston faster in the higher rpms (which is the problem with all big bores)? 

TDC
Posts
407
Joined
8/4/2023
Location
HTown, TX, USA
6/23/2025 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2025 5:21pm

PC Works pipe has my 300SX reving further. Bill's pipe is said to have the better pipe.

The reviews can come off like the bikes don't have an easily tunable powerband or suspension, pegs, bars etc... 

1
burn1986
Posts
12246
Joined
4/16/2010
Location
bossier city, LA, USA
6/26/2025 8:14am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2025 9:04am

Here’s a good article on port window with big bores. It’s related to a 125, but he discusses the port window problem on a big bore (only with no stroker increase). A slight increase in rod length or offset on the crank would completely transform this one (and the KTM in my opinion).

https://www.hpracedevelopment.com/news--articles/a-wicked-fast-yz125-bi…

Tokyo_Tiddler
Posts
2174
Joined
7/25/2009
Location
Somewhere in, NJ, USA
7/13/2025 5:45pm
ccullins76 wrote:
I’m a Beta guy, but I couldn’t listen to that full video, turned it off half way through. Also, turned in the air screw because it...
I’m a Beta guy, but I couldn’t listen to that full video, turned it off half way through. Also, turned in the air screw because it was too rich? Umm…
Madc32 wrote:

While it depends on the carb. ML made the correct adjustment. I had to look it up.

Here is the excerpt from the BETA RX owner's manual on the carb air mixture screw; "screw #2 adjusts the quantity of which is mixed to the fuel for idling. If the screw is turned counterclockwise, the quantity of air increases (thin mix), if turned clockwise, the quantity of air diminishes (fat mix)."

It is the same as most modern bike carbs. Couliins76 was correct in his thinking.

Tokyo_Tiddler
Posts
2174
Joined
7/25/2009
Location
Somewhere in, NJ, USA
7/13/2025 5:47pm
ML512 wrote:

Mike, could you tell us the exact suspension and carb adjustment settings you ended up at? It is not clear in the video.

Post a reply to: Review - Beta 300 RX Two-Stroke

The Latest