This one Hurts.....

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2020 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2020 11:32 AM

As some of you guys know I'm a Big time Animal Lover, I've had 10 cats ๐Ÿˆ and 7 dogs ๐Ÿ• in my lifetime and of those pets Smoky my cat is one of my favorites of all time. For sure my favorite cat as she did not act like most felines.

Photo

Smokey is the most loving cat I've ever known. She would jump on the table and will purr without even petting her and when I come home from work and sit in my chair she always jumps on my lap and purrs constantly telling me she's happy I'm home, like she is doing in this picture.... sad

Photo

At night she would purr by my side which helped me sleep as I have bad Tinnitus.

She's had Hyperthyroidism for around 4yrs and would get 2 doses.25 mil of Methozinon twice a day.

Photo

After a Haircut--She is a longhair cat and we used to shave her with electric clippers she would actually purr while we did this because it would make her feel so much better! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

About 3 or 4 weeks ago she lost her voice. It came back barely and she hasn't been herself. The last week she's really gone downhill and It's sounds like she's having a hard time breathing like there something in her throat so we took her to the vet and yes that is what they found that they think there's something in her throat but without taking her to a clinic to get checked out with a scope that would be around $3000 and who knows what they would find.

She's 18 and I didn't want to put her through that.

She was not eating and barely drinking had to breathe with her mouth open making visible wheezing sounds is really hard to take, and on the way to the emergency vet, she could barely hold her head up and it was time for her to go to Kitty Heaven....

I'm having a hard time with this, Jan and I will really miss her..... ๐Ÿ˜ข
2020 has been the worst year ever, Mom passed with no Family around, Jan is battling Cancer and now I lose my best Cat ever.....sad

This year can't end soon enough.

|

8/24/2020 11:38 AM

Sorry you're goin' thru all this.
Hang tough and do your best.

Manny

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/24/2020 11:44 AM

Man Sorry Gary, i know how hard it is. I lost my cat Ty a year ago in April, i put him down on April 5th, the same day Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley both died on so i will remember that day as long as i live. I am still not over it

Cat are rad, animals in general are so close to our hearts and seeing them suffer is so painful. Hang in there buddy, i feel for ya man, try and remember the good times, as cliche as that sounds its the only thing that comes to mind. Its going to just pain HURT for awhile.

Stay strong brother.

I still have this picture sitting on my headboard looking over me and i stare at it everyday.

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

8/24/2020 12:20 PM

I know exactly how you feel. Had to put Cleo down a few months back. She barely could walk from old age, had poor eye-sight and started having fits.

Here is a picture of Caution, he will be 19 years old next month. He suffers from arthritis and is on meds to help. He's days are numbered and I'm going to have to make a tough call soon. It's heart-breaking...

Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/24/2020 12:32 PM

Here is Bliksem, he was a wild cat that Just arrived at my house. It took us months to tame him. Such a character he was. One day I found he could not walk. I took him to the vet and after blood tests it was found that he had feline leukemia and we had to have him put down.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/24/2020 12:35 PM

So very sorry.

|

8/24/2020 12:44 PM

This is Angel. I walked into my friends warehouse and heard a kitten crying. A barn owl had her in his claws. I chased the owl back n forth until he dropped her....and the rest is history. She is awesome and is with me all the time. Loves to sleep on her back. She is 8 yrs old now.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/24/2020 12:48 PM

This is Mittens, she is 9 yrs old. Adopted her from the pound.
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/24/2020 12:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2020 12:54 PM

The black cat is Cassius. He ran away when my rider's dog attacked him. We searched fir months but never found him. The three cats on the bench are Cassius, Caution and Cleo.

Caution, my old cat weights in at 10kgs. He is big.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/24/2020 12:54 PM

This is Charlie. Heโ€™s 7 years old.

Photo
Photo

|

8/24/2020 12:57 PM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

This is Charlie. Heโ€™s 7 years old.

Photo
Photo

Living the high life....lol

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/24/2020 12:59 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Living the high life....lol

Oh definitely, like everyoneโ€™s cat, heโ€™s one of a kind.

|

8/24/2020 1:00 PM

I Photo'm chilling in bed.....this cat never leaves my side when I'm home.
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/24/2020 1:03 PM

RIP Smokey.

Cats can impact you in their own special way. I lost my Lulu this past October and I still think of her often.

|

No Signature.

8/24/2020 1:04 PM

Sorry for your loss!

This is my buddy Murphy...my wife got him before we met. He is ~18. Hangs out with me all day no matter where I am in the house. Gonna be tough when he goes..

Photo

|

8/24/2020 1:30 PM

I've lost track of how many cats we've had over the years. Some more special than others, but they all have their own personality. Out of the seven that we have currently, Pitch is my buddy. If I sit down, he wants to be on my lap. He also enjoys an occasional short ride in the old farm truck. Photo
Had this Lynx "Stinky" many years ago. What a character he was. Photo

|

8/24/2020 1:31 PM

I get up every morning and before I get out of bed I alway have a quick peak in non moto. I hate it when I read such messages of lost pets or loved ones. It always hurts.
So sorry g-man and may all the good memories live on forever.

|

8/24/2020 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2020 2:34 PM

Man i am sorry to hear of you losing your pal. Its the toughest time in life. You definitely give your animals a great life and she clearly appreciates you. Hey me too. You are a good man.
I can't sit down with out 2 cats jockeying for lap position. I tell my wife its because cats know the pure one..She knows better.. and they sleep on her head at night. Cats sure are characters and all different personalities. There was a comedian on a ship that was talking about cats and I had to look around at one point to see if I was making a scene because I was laughing the hardest ever, luckily everyone else was too because he nailed it.
"Cat jumps up on table, looks at your glass and says hey is this yours? Then smacks it off the table and says Clean that shit up loser."

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

8/24/2020 1:57 PM

Sorry about the bad news, I do understand. Love my two boys here.

Photo

Photo

|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/24/2020 4:16 PM

So sorry to hear this Gary. Our pets make us better people.

RIP Smoky.

|

8/24/2020 4:33 PM

G-man wrote:

As some of you guys know I'm a Big time Animal Lover, I've had 10 cats and 7 dogs in my lifetime and of those pets Smoky my ...more

Aaah- so sorry to hear of your loss- it made me sad to hear the story and also what you have been through. That sounds really very tough.

Despite the sadness, thread though also made me remember my dearest cat also called 'Smokey'- she died like 20 years ago but I never forgot her- still to this day. I often dream of her- often weird dreams like she is still here with me. Again was the sweetest cat and also very unusual. She was a blue Burmese cat, with kind of Smokey grey / blue markings.

On a more cheerful note- at last Christmas time my Mom who also rescues Cats and Dogs- rescued two kittens from being found dumped in bins. We took them in and I finally took them to my place- they were actually pure bred Ocicats- like sort of Siamese Oriental cats.
They been with me ever since- have named one of them after 'Smokey', as she reminds so much of her, the way she acts and looks- also is quite unusual and jumps on my head and shoulders all the time.

Here is the new 'Smokey', the orange cat, with her brother 'Kitten', the lighter colored one, Kitten is huge- both are so friendly and demanding- is never a dull moment. They are only just past one year- never seen such friendly cats- Smokey the Orange one keeps jumping on my head and shoulders- just lays there for hours even. Gets very upset if I get her off and just jumps back again! Cats are so damn cool.

Photo
Photo

Photo

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

8/24/2020 6:50 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. I can relate I've been through that before and know how close you can get to them. My first cat I got when I was only in elementary school and he lived the whole way up until I was 21. He was my buddy and I cried like a baby when we put him down. I still miss him.

Here's me and my fiancรฉ's current cat, Belle. She's a good cat but she sure does yell when I forget to feed her on time. She's actually yelling at me in this picture.laughing Photo

|

8/24/2020 9:56 PM

You guys are the Best!!! ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for sharing pictures and stories, you guys have some Cool Cats!

Never understood the stigma how guys are not supposed to be cat lovers.

Like others have said in this thread each one has their own personality and they can be very affectionate and provide laughter, happiness and comfort when need be.

Thanks guys, I needed that..... cool

|

8/24/2020 10:07 PM

Keep your head up Gary, and keep the positive thoughts. All will turn out good. While we always mourn our pets, and they are part of the family, I just pray all turns out well with your family. I cannot imagine, nor do I want to imagine how hard it was losing your Mom and having Jan going through what she is.
The mind is an amazing thing, so just keep up the positive vibes and don't get down. It will work out.

Even though it's an internet thing, we are all family.

|

8/24/2020 10:11 PM

This is Noodles and Betty Draper... I don't know what I'd do without them, even though Ms. Draper is a stingy bitch. ๐Ÿ˜‚Photo
Photo

|

8/24/2020 10:15 PM

Sorry for your loss G-man. Some cats have more personality than others, sounds like she was a good one sad

Amigo is 3 now and turning out to be quite a character
Photo

We weren't going to get another cat after losing our 19 year old cat named Spot. Then we were at Costco and noticed a "Kitten Event" at the pet store in the plaza. "Let's just go look" I picked up one kitten and held it for a minute or so, then put it down and saw this one with a little scab on his nose, I picked him up and he climbed up my shirt, bumped my nose with his nose, curled up under my chin, closed his eyes and started purring. He pretty much picked me. Game over get the paperwork.... This was the first day we brought him home, he's had an attitude since day one cool
Photo

18 years is a good run but I know it still sucks.

|

8/25/2020 6:13 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss,G-man.

|

8/25/2020 6:15 AM

avidchimp wrote:

This is Noodles and Betty Draper... I don't know what I'd do without them, even though Ms. Draper is a stingy bitch. Photo
Photo

That cat looks like it knows how to get noodles in trouble.

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/25/2020 8:56 AM

Oh she does. She is named Betty Draper for a reason.

|

8/25/2020 9:38 AM

"Year can't end soon enough"...Damn straight. Sorry to hear about this G-, animals are so tough too lose. Always leave you thinking if you could've done more. Had to put our dog down a couple months ago. Everything we tried didn't work with any sustainability. The seizures were coming more frequently, and just too hard to watch. Got to the point we didn't want to leave the house for fear of could happen if we weren't around as he was coming out of it. Anyway feel for you, and can't wait kick 2020 down the road.

|

[Moto Creed-O: Take the High-Road.....Kick His Ass and Fuck His Chick